HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPD
Posted by: WhistleBlower ()
Date: March 20, 2009 02:13PM

I heard that the officer who killed the teacher in the car accident on Richmond Hwy. got fired for lying and stealing ? Anyone see anything in the news ??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPD
Posted by: Jamer ()
Date: March 21, 2009 09:13AM

Leave her alone, she needed extra money to pay the attorney in her civil trial.

Date: March 21, 2009 09:21AM

WhistleBlower Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I heard that the officer who killed the teacher in
> the car accident on Richmond Hwy. got fired for
> lying and stealing ? Anyone see anything in the
> news ??

I have no idea. But odds are if she provided the department with an excuse to get rid of her, they took it.

Posted by: James ()
Date: March 21, 2009 09:37AM

A Fairfax County police officer who was involved in a traffic crash last year that killed a teacher's assistant has resigned from the police department and is under investigation for embezzlement, officials said.

Amanda R. Perry, 23, had been on administrative duties for more than a year since the February 2008 crash on Route 1 that killed Ashley McIntosh. Fairfax prosecutors charged Perry with reckless driving, but she was found not guilty after a trial in September.

After the trial, police launched an internal investigation into the crash. While Perry awaited a decision from Police Chief David M. Rohrer, she was assigned to a desk job, and she has been accused of falsifying her time and attendance reports, police sources said. Officers use electronic key cards to enter police buildings, and Perry's time cards did not always match her electronic key records, they said.

Perry was elected in November to the board of the Fairfax Coalition of Police, the police union. When the union's executive board learned of the allegations, it voted to kick her off the board, union lawyer Edward J. Nuttall said yesterday. On Monday, Perry resigned from the police department, a police spokesman confirmed.

Perry and Officer Marshall E. Thielen, president of the police union, did not return calls seeking comment. Nuttall declined to discuss why Perry resigned.

Fairfax Commonwealth's Attorney Raymond F. Morrogh said a decision has not yet been made about whether to charge Perry. "I'm reviewing the evidence on that and haven't made any determination," Morrogh said.

Perry has been sued in Fairfax Circuit Court by John McIntosh and Cynthia Colasanto, the parents of McIntosh. On Feb. 12, 2008, McIntosh, 33, drove her Toyota Corolla out of the Mount Vernon Plaza shopping center when the light turned green.

Perry, responding to a reported fight in progress, drove her police cruiser through a red light with her emergency lights on but without her siren activated. Tests estimated she was traveling between 38 and 44 mph when she struck McIntosh's car on the front passenger side without braking. McIntosh, who was not wearing a seat belt, was hurled from her car and died the next day.

A video camera in Perry's cruiser recorded the crash. In May 2008, after watching the tape, Morrogh decided to charge the officer with reckless driving. The police union rose to Perry's defense, as it would in any case in which an officer was charged while performing her duties, Nuttall said. Three experts were hired to analyze the crash and its aftermath.

After Perry's acquittal, the county Board of Supervisors offered to reimburse Nuttall for his fees and costs. In January, the board agreed to pay Nuttall about $18,900, which he said covered his $5,000 attorney's fee, the experts' fees and other costs. He said the county had reimbursed other officers' lawyers in similar situations.

Posted by: Citizen001 ()
Date: March 21, 2009 10:22AM

Looks like Fairfax was looking for any excuse to get rid of her. While tragic, the teacher's assistant would have seen the police car if she was paying attention to driving.

Anyway, her timecards did not match her physical attendance. How far off were they? Minutes, hours, days?

Fairfax is scared of lawsuits, so they ruined a 22 year old's future for the sake of a vindictive family.

Date: March 21, 2009 10:30AM

Was just reading the evidence used in her reckless driving trial...did you know she only hit the Toyota at 26 mph? The teacher's assistant was not wearing a seatbelt! The family needs to accept her stupidity, and not take it out on the county.

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: March 21, 2009 10:31AM

Fairfax is either the richest or 2nd richest county in the nation with Loudoun County. You think they are scared of lawsuits? Give me a break. Maybe she was fired for, you know, committing embezzlement. Maybe that's why. Not some "22yr old's future." If it's ruined it's because of her own criminal behavior. Move on.

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: March 21, 2009 10:42AM

And yes, go ahead tools of the FFXU, go ahead and whine about how the rest of the 1600+ member department are all liars,thiefs and killers too. Go ahead and throw out your car wash and donut (sooooo played) quips. Go ahead Gravis and post another dumbass cartoon. Then when you're done make sure you wash your hands and head out of mommy's basement-she's got pizza rolls ready for you.

Posted by: Wow ()
Date: March 21, 2009 11:07AM

Pretty surprised this accused embezzler is only 23 years old. Usually the dirty ones are the ones who've been on the job a while, know the system, it's flaws. They're usually the ones trying to skim a bit off the top right before they retire so they can wrap up that nice pension. Goes to show how bad things are when you have cops figuring out how to work the system only a couple years on the job.

If you have rookies stealing money, what do you think some of the 10 and 15 year guys are doing?

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: March 21, 2009 11:27AM

Embezzlement is the act of dishonestly appropriating or secreting assets, usually financial in nature, by one or more individuals to whom such assets have been entrusted.(Ripping off the company that you work for)

In very broad terms, false time on a timecard could be considered embezzlement because you are falsifying documents to get money\assets from an employer.

I'm guessing there must of been some substantial time differences for her to resign or she pissed off somebody above her.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2009 11:29AM by Lurker..

Date: March 21, 2009 11:29AM

When people hear embezzlement, they think of complicated devious schemes like Enron or ponzi schemes.

Reporting on your timecard that you worked eight hours when you really only worked five is not some horrible crime.

Posted by: what ()
Date: March 21, 2009 11:50AM

Citizen001 Wrote:
> When people hear embezzlement, they think of
> complicated devious schemes like Enron or ponzi
> schemes.
>
> Reporting on your timecard that you worked eight
> hours when you really only worked five is not some
> horrible crime.

Are you serious? She was a POLICE OFFICER. Police officers work SHIFTS. As in, they're the ones responsible for responding to crimes during their allotted shift. If this officer managed to take off 3 hours early one night without anybody knowing, it means the department was short an officer. What if something was to happen in the area she was responsible for after she took off?

We're not talking about a software engineer sneaking out of work a little early. This is a civil servant, much akin to if an ER doctor decided to take the rest of the night off and not find a replacement. It's ridiculous.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 21, 2009 12:05PM

I bet this happens regularly and was a no-brainer way of getting rid of those out of favor. An internal audit and random drug testing should be done of FCPD to bring them in check.

The attitude of FCPS comes from FCPD and needs to be re-evaluated in a more positive direction, not destructive. You give some people a little power and it goes to their heads and they abuse it.

Date: March 21, 2009 12:18PM

Read the news report more carefully, she had been on admin duties since the incident. She was not out patrolling, performing the duties of a police officer.
She had her enforcement powers stripped, working behind a desk for the past year.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: March 21, 2009 12:51PM

I would imagine that signing up to be a beat cop and then ending up behind a desk all day doing paperwork would get boring.

I wonder if she will get a job with some other local department. The DC police department seems to be skillzd in crashing patrol cars. Not to long ago the DCPD t-boned two of their own cruisers.

The latest is a fatal crash with a motorcycle.
Attachments:
dcpd.jpg

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: March 21, 2009 01:14PM

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: March 21, 2009 01:17PM

Sounds like Perry is/was a magnet for trouble. FCPD is smart to get her out since she nearly cost the county millions. No common sense, wreckless behavior. Rookie mistake to run through a red light without your siren on - it cost a life of someone just as promising, but only cost her, well, nothing. At least, not yet. Wait until the civil attorneys come knocking.

Date: March 21, 2009 01:27PM

That guy's character in the "YouTube" video I am told is based on someone from FCPD. :)

Posted by: Not really ()
Date: March 21, 2009 01:44PM

Citizen001 Wrote:
> Was just reading the evidence used in her reckless
> driving trial...did you know she only hit the
> Toyota at 26 mph? The teacher's assistant was not
> wearing a seatbelt! The family needs to accept her
> stupidity, and not take it out on the county.

Running a red light in a patrol car with no siren is a big no-no. That's why in major cities the police ALWAYS use them, and they even have their officers use switches in the car to modify the sound of the siren when they're specifically going through an intersection. It's supposed to help get the attention of anybody approaching the light.

Date: March 21, 2009 02:43PM

spunky Wrote:
> That guy's character in the "YouTube" video I am
> told is based on someone from FCPD. :)

I understand this character was based on Spunky...

Posted by: COPS ()
Date: March 21, 2009 02:53PM

give her a break .. she is just adding the time she travel to get DONUTS for other officer .. not counting the time waiting for CAR WASH .. she deserved to get pay for it like every other COPS

Posted by: bus driver ()
Date: March 21, 2009 03:16PM

Like somebody else said, I agree they were looking for an excuse to can her.

FCPS bus drivers fill out a time sheet every week and it's pretty much on the honor system, so you know some will cheat.

The people I know that have been caught were warned and made to pay back the money. You don't get fired for it, at least not on a first offense.

Date: March 21, 2009 03:20PM

bus driver Wrote:
> Like somebody else said, I agree they were looking
> for an excuse to can her.
>
> FCPS bus drivers fill out a time sheet every week
> and it's pretty much on the honor system, so you
> know some will cheat.
>
> The people I know that have been caught were
> warned and made to pay back the money. You don't
> get fired for it, at least not on a first offense.

Very true, it is usually not a fireable offense, unless entire days were falsely reported. An hour here and there is usually overlooked.

Posted by: RightonTime ()
Date: March 21, 2009 08:44PM

Posted by: COPS ()
Date: March 21, 2009 02:53PM

give her a break .. she is just adding the time she travel to get DONUTS for other officer .. not counting the time waiting for CAR WASH .. she deserved to get pay for it like every other COPS

And there it is. Seriously, get some new material clown. F%ing tool.

Posted by: wow98678 ()
Date: March 21, 2009 10:47PM

Not Really "Running a red light in a patrol car with no siren is a big no-no. That's why in major cities the police ALWAYS use them, and they even have their officers use switches in the car to modify the sound of the siren when they're specifically going through an intersection. It's supposed to help get the attention of anybody approaching the light."

This is actually not accurate. The Virginia Code states that an operator of an emergency vehicle must use warning devices (lights and sirens) "as may be reasonably necessary".

So there is no absolute Virginia statue that states an emergency vehicle must use warning devices at all times...in fact this code section goes on to say that emergency vehicles may disregard stop signs, traffic lights etc as long as "due regard for safety is excersized".

Things get a bit tricker when we take into account agency policy. For example I know that FCPD does not require officers to stop at all intersections/stop signs. they just have to continue with due regard.

On the other hand the fire and rescue department requires all drivers to come to a stop at all intersections where they do not have the right of way (stop signs/red lights).

Also many police officers i have known and dealt with do not like to use the siren unless if they have to...this is for a variety of reasons...specifically it attracts too much attention sometimes.

Posted by: Not Really ()
Date: March 21, 2009 11:37PM

wow98678 Wrote:
> This is actually not accurate. The Virginia Code
> states that an operator of an emergency vehicle
> must use warning devices (lights and sirens) "as
> may be reasonably necessary".
>
> So there is no absolute Virginia statue that
> states an emergency vehicle must use warning
> devices at all times...in fact this code section
> goes on to say that emergency vehicles may
> disregard stop signs, traffic lights etc as long
> as "due regard for safety is excersized".
>
> Things get a bit tricker when we take into account
> agency policy. For example I know that FCPD does
> not require officers to stop at all
> intersections/stop signs. they just have to
> continue with due regard.
>
> On the other hand the fire and rescue department
> requires all drivers to come to a stop at all
> intersections where they do not have the right of
> way (stop signs/red lights).
>
> Also many police officers i have known and dealt
> with do not like to use the siren unless if they
> have to...this is for a variety of
> reasons...specifically it attracts too much
> attention sometimes.

Well maybe then it's time for Virginia to update its code, it sounds too vague as it is. I have no problem with the police needing to run a red light when responding to a serious call, but I don't quite see the point in having a siren and not using it. Drawing attention? I would think that drawing attention to yourself when blowing through an intersection would be a good thing. The more people know you're there, the more of a chance they'll be able to get out of your way. Hell, I've seen police tap the siren when going through an intersection for a funeral precession.

Personally if I was a cop and about to take the risk of running a red, I would try to use everything at my disposal to prevent injury/death to other motorists or pedestrians, and not judge it on a case-by-case basis. In our sue-happy society, any little thing can result in a huge lawsuit for your department. Like I said before, this is why major cities like NY do what I explained in my previous post. Do you not feel something like this should be implemented?

Posted by: wow98678 ()
Date: March 22, 2009 12:15AM

i think it is important to not take away a certain amount of discretion from officers working the street. sometimes the most well intentioned laws have very negative effects that arent seen until someone is hurt by them..

..case in point is virginia's domestic violence law that require police to arrest and charge the "predominant physical aggressor"...just to give you the context here...if a small woman hits a full size man with a frying pan, and the man pushes her out of his way so he can leave the area....HE is the predominant physical aggressor because he showed he has the ability to overpower the other party. while that interpretation of the events may not be taken in all circumstances it has been take multiple times in my experience.....

i believe that the best course of action should be for FCPD to require that emergency vehicles come to a stop at any intersection in which they do not have the right of way....then proceede with caution if safe to do so.....this would bring the police side in line with the fire department. i think this is a reasonable and prudent standard that leaves the officer in the street the discretion to use their siren.

You say you want the officers to use their siren....you may no longer want that if you are in a situation where you are under the control of a subject with a gun (say an bank robbery, which have become increasingly frequent), and then teller hits the silent alarm. the armed subj could panic and starting using his gun.

another example would be a home burglary in progress. if your house was just broken into and you called the police..do you want the criminal to hear tons of sirens and see lights so he knows exactly which direction to run to get away from the cops or would you rather have the cops get to your location quickly and quietly?

Posted by: strates ()
Date: March 22, 2009 12:50AM

DC is haven of unintended consequences resulting from well-intentioned laws. e.g. Think of how easy it is for a bad guy to stop doing what he is doing when a cop drives by with his flashing whites on.

Posted by: Grover ()
Date: March 22, 2009 06:03AM

wow98678 Wrote:

>
> another example would be a home burglary in
> progress. if your house was just broken into and
> you called the police..do you want the criminal to
> hear tons of sirens and see lights so he knows
> exactly which direction to run to get away from
> the cops or would you rather have the cops get to
> your location quickly and quietly?

YES. I would hope the criminal hears the sirens and gets the fuck out before the house is surrounded and his only chance is a hostage situation.

Posted by: Chris ()
Date: March 23, 2009 08:30AM

Shows you how corrupt people with power really are. I hope she goes to jail and shares a cell with someone she put away! Fairfax County Cops are some of the shittiest people I have ever encountered.

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: March 23, 2009 10:40AM

I just read the WaPo and someone commented on how Perry (the Officer) and Thielen (The Police Union President) had been having an affair.

If this is true, this sheds a WHOLE new light on this situation. Wow, how far does the corruption go in FCPD?

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 24, 2009 02:18AM

JayBee Wrote:
> Wow, how far does the corruption go in FCPD?

the 'C' in FCPD actually stands for Corrupt.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Wiil ()
Date: March 24, 2009 03:20AM

C'mon people, the actions of sigle person doesn't reflect on those of the whole agency. Let's not have our personal feelings and emotions cloud our arguments. Just like the few assholes with MD/DC tags that cut you off in your stress filled commute doesn't make everyone else with MD/DC bad.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 24, 2009 07:17AM

Wiil Wrote:
> C'mon people, the actions of sigle person doesn't
> reflect on those of the whole agency.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 07:27AM by pgens.

Posted by: Waaaaaaaaaa ()
Date: March 24, 2009 09:06AM

Attachments:
rip_all.jpg

Posted by: wow57689 ()
Date: March 24, 2009 09:20AM

ok....can we please take the accused felon off the list of victims? just because his crime was nonviolent doesnt mean he still was not a criminal.

i am not debating the fact that his death was a terrible mistake, however he was not an innocent victim.

Posted by: Lord Fairfax ()
Date: March 24, 2009 10:19AM

ok seriously, pancake boy was shot by the alexandria city police not ffxco

Posted by: Intelipro ()
Date: March 24, 2009 01:44PM

What ever happened to the officer that shot Aaron Brown?

Posted by: jack webb ()
Date: March 24, 2009 04:11PM

He was made to pay the tab Brown skipped out on.....

Posted by: DoYourHomework ()
Date: March 24, 2009 06:38PM

It was an off-duty Alexandria PD cop that shot that stoner, not Fairfax PD. You guys love to rip Fairfax PD for it, but all they did was investigate it because it happened in their jurisdiction. Look it up.

Date: March 24, 2009 11:25PM

DoYourHomework Wrote:
> It was an off-duty Alexandria PD cop that shot
> that stoner, not Fairfax PD. You guys love to rip
> Fairfax PD for it, but all they did was
> investigate it because it happened in their
> jurisdiction. Look it up.

He was a good kid and should not be dead! Regardless of where it took place they

all stick together, bad backing bad! They haven't earned anything, least of all

respect.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: March 25, 2009 09:05AM

Another sweeping generaliztion.

Amazing how everyone lumps hundreds of people together like they are the same.

I've met cops that were assholes and cops that were decent. Like in every other profession, there are good ones and bad ones.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 25, 2009 10:28AM

Pancake boy lol. Gone to that big IHOP in the sky.

Posted by: wyatt earp ()
Date: March 25, 2009 01:28PM

I wonder how many dopers skipped out on their tabs after that? Thats what I call gun control...

Date: March 25, 2009 02:58PM

He was a good kid and should not be dead! Regardless of where it took place they

all stick together, bad backing bad! They haven't earned anything, least of all

respect

----------------------

How in the hell do you know what kind of kid he was???? Stick to what you know jackass, not what you postulate. You lump all cops together, which shows you are too stupid to individualize and have to speak in generalizations. That's fine I will get on your level-since he was hanging out with stoners that try to run over cops in a parking lot, then he was nothing more than a stoner cop-killer wannabe. And since you post on this site-you must be a cheeto-eating acne-covered asshat who works at Blockbuster and lives in his mom's basement. Seriously shut the hell up you just sound stupid.

Date: March 26, 2009 01:16AM

DoYourHomework Wrote:
> He was a good kid and should not be dead!
> Regardless of where it took place they
>
> all stick together, bad backing bad! They haven't
> earned anything, least of all
>
> respect
>
> ----------------------
>
> How in the hell do you know what kind of kid he
> was???? Stick to what you know jackass, not what
>
My son was good friends with him and he was an Eagle Scout with a good heart.

you postulate. You lump all cops together, which
> shows you are too stupid to individualize and have
> to speak in generalizations. That's fine I will

I know there are some good police but I have seen a lot more bad ones here.

get on your level-since he was hanging out with
> stoners that try to run over cops in a parking
> lot, then he was nothing more than a stoner
> cop-killer wannabe. And since you post on this
> site-you must be a cheeto-eating acne-covered
> asshat who works at Blockbuster and lives in his
> mom's basement.

If you had a clue then you would then know how totally wrong
you were.

Seriously shut the hell up you
> just sound stupid.

Right back atcha ya! Thanks for not shooting me over this. I have found that

big egos go hand in hand with quick triggers, there must be a correlation?

You've been cheatin' on your homework kid!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2009 01:17AM by spunky.

Date: March 26, 2009 02:25PM

My son was good friends with him and he was an Eagle Scout with a good heart.

-------

Yeah he sure looks like an Eagle Scout. And most Eagle Scouts are stoned at IHOP at 2 in the morning. Keep on diggin. And I'm wrong about this? You still maintain that despite the fact an off-duty Alexandria officer was the shooter, this somehow has something to do with FFX PD. Please, whatever helps you sleep at night. Denial is beautiful.

Posted by: starsky where the hell is hutch? ()
Date: March 26, 2009 03:50PM

First eagle scout I have heard of 1. stealing 2, using drugs 3. trying to commit assault on police with vehicle all at the same time,,I doubt the council would approve of those acts. Karma will always be the winner,,,always

Date: March 26, 2009 08:04PM

I wasn't there but he and his friends were kids and the adult had a gun and a brain. Instead of taking just the plate number and ensuring justice this adult shot his gun and killed randomly. Adults must set the example.

Why do you need to try and destroy the memory of this poor young soul who really was an Eagle Scout? Maybe Karma is working? Who are you to judge...are you God?

Your arrogance tells me you're a man, a stupid man!

Posted by: spunyk ()
Date: March 26, 2009 08:33PM

No but God was watching

Date: March 26, 2009 08:45PM

Ffx PD or not they are a fraternity.

I wonder if Jesus walked in this era he

would be called out for being a long-haired

doper? Be aware of your prejudices.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2009 10:44PM by spunky.

Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: March 26, 2009 09:59PM

spunky Wrote:
> Ffx PD or not they are a fraternity.
>
> I wonder if Jesus walked in this era he
>
> would be called out for being a long-haired
>
> doper? Be awhile of your prejudices.

Hahahaha what?

Date: March 26, 2009 10:45PM

Clobbersaurus Wrote:
> spunky Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ffx PD or not they are a fraternity.
> >
> > I wonder if Jesus walked in this era he
> >
> > would be called out for being a long-haired
> >
> > doper? Be awhile of your prejudices.
>
>
> Hahahaha what?

My bad...Ty!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.