HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Audreona ()
Date: September 17, 2014 05:09PM

I am interested in starting a campaign to boycott the 495 Express Lanes because of their OUTRAGEOUS fees. I'm curious if anyone else out there would be interested in joining such a campaign and possibly a class action lawsuit.

What are your thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: drivingalong ()
Date: September 17, 2014 05:18PM

Outrageous fees? Explain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Bitch Mad ()
Date: September 17, 2014 05:26PM

drivingalong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Outrageous fees? Explain.

She mad they don't take EBT.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: WIC ()
Date: September 17, 2014 05:29PM

Bitch Mad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> drivingalong Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Outrageous fees? Explain.
>
> She mad they don't take EBT.


+1

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: its on ()
Date: September 17, 2014 05:39PM

On what grounds would a lawsuit be successful? there already is a "boycott"... anyone and everyone who feels that the cost is too high for what is being offered is not using them. Thus the ad campaign to try to get motorists on the toll road.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: VFVVW ()
Date: September 17, 2014 06:30PM

I am interested in starting a campaign to boycott stupid threads on Fairfax Underground because of their OUTRAGEOUS inanity. I'm curious if anyone else out there would be interested in joining such a campaign and possibly a class action lawsuit.

What are your thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: duh duh duh ()
Date: September 17, 2014 06:55PM

Audreona, Audreona, Audreona. You is dumb!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Audreona ()
Date: September 17, 2014 08:17PM

I am not contesting the cost of riding the HOT lanes. While I think the cost is ridiculous, people have a choice as to whether or not they ride it. I'm contesting the fees related to alleged violations of the HOT lanes. For example, you find out that several times you rode the toll road your EZ pass didn't read and you are left with the choice of settling with 495 for $1,300.00 or taking your chances in court with a potential penalty of $5,000.00.

Did I mention the toll violations were for $22.60.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Wu9jJ ()
Date: September 17, 2014 08:18PM

Audreona Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am interested in starting a campaign to boycott
> the 495 Express Lanes because of their OUTRAGEOUS
> fees. I'm curious if anyone else out there would
> be interested in joining such a campaign and
> possibly a class action lawsuit.
>
> What are your thoughts?


The tolls are quite reasonable. And the Hot Lanes are the best thing to happen to this area's highways in a long time.

FUCK YOU, OP


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: duh duh duh ()
Date: September 17, 2014 08:50PM

duh duh duh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Audreona, Audreona, Audreona. You is dumb!


You fell from the stupid tree and unfortunately hit every branch down. :-(

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Lane.Meyer ()
Date: September 17, 2014 09:04PM

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1426362/1426795.html#msg-1426795

No need for a boycott, OP...

And no need to pay the tolls either. I've been running the full length of the HOT lanes 5 days a week ever since they opened nearly 2 years ago. And I haven't paid one cent in tolls. How do I do this?

First, I upgraded to a new switchable EZPass transponder. Since vehicles with 3 or more people qualify for a free trip on the HOT lanes, the Commonwealth needed a way to allow these vehicles to travel the lanes for free without causing a lot of problems. The system relies on the honesty of motorists to use the transponder appropriately. And? I'm a citizen who has paid their share of taxes, believes in fighting the man and his systems whenever and wherever possible and...I'm dishonest. Flame me all you like...I'm the one home with steaks on the grill, a beer in one hand and two smoke-shows on my dick while you're still sitting in traffic.

For nearly 2 years now, I've been running with the transponder in the HOV position, operating my vehicle solo and again...NOT PAYING ONE CENT IN TOLLS. The Commonwealth had the opportunity to install infrared cameras to thwart highway thugs like me but...they passed on those cameras due to cost, for now. Keep abreast of HOT Lane news as the Commonwealth will likely be installing these cameras in the near future in order to close this loophole and once they do, please be advised that you will have to comply or pay serious fines and whatever else the Commonwealth decides they want to do to you.

But, for now? Ain't...shit...they...can...do. VASP has real-time data in their cruisers to show who on the HOT lanes is running with their transponders in the HOV position and who isn't. The speed limit in those lanes is 65 and you can typically do 72 without drawing any attention to yourself. Oh...and I have the maximum tint on my windows as allowed by Commonwealth law.

Now, on the off chance that an eagle-eyed VASP trooper sees that I don't have 2 more additional people in my vehicle and pulls me over? I throw the transponder switch back into the non-HOV position before bringing my vehicle to a stop and upon being questioned by the trooper respond with, "I dunno', sir...as you can see, the transponder switch is clearly in the non-HOV position..."

On their website, the Commonwealth and its HOT Lanes contractor claim that less than 7% of all HOT Lane trips are conducted by HOV vehicles. Again...nearly 2 years now, 5 days a week, full-length, round trip on the HOT Lanes not one cent in tolls and not one ticket of any kind. And at this point? DAYS of my life "returned" to me not sitting in the non-express lanes...

Ain't...shit...they...can do...for now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Milf Fan ()
Date: September 17, 2014 09:39PM

Lane.Meyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/142
> 6362/1426795.html#msg-1426795
>
> No need for a boycott, OP...
>
> And no need to pay the tolls either. I've been
> running the full length of the HOT lanes 5 days a
> week ever since they opened nearly 2 years ago.
> And I haven't paid one cent in tolls. How do I do
> this?
>
> First, I upgraded to a new switchable EZPass
> transponder. Since vehicles with 3 or more people
> qualify for a free trip on the HOT lanes, the
> Commonwealth needed a way to allow these vehicles
> to travel the lanes for free without causing a lot
> of problems. The system relies on the honesty of
> motorists to use the transponder appropriately.
> And? I'm a citizen who has paid their share of
> taxes, believes in fighting the man and his
> systems whenever and wherever possible and...I'm
> dishonest. Flame me all you like...I'm the one
> home with steaks on the grill, a beer in one hand
> and two smoke-shows on my dick while you're still
> sitting in traffic.
>
> For nearly 2 years now, I've been running with the
> transponder in the HOV position, operating my
> vehicle solo and again...NOT PAYING ONE CENT IN
> TOLLS. The Commonwealth had the opportunity to
> install infrared cameras to thwart highway thugs
> like me but...they passed on those cameras due to
> cost, for now. Keep abreast of HOT Lane news as
> the Commonwealth will likely be installing these
> cameras in the near future in order to close this
> loophole and once they do, please be advised that
> you will have to comply or pay serious fines and
> whatever else the Commonwealth decides they want
> to do to you.
>
> But, for now? Ain't...shit...they...can...do. VASP
> has real-time data in their cruisers to show who
> on the HOT lanes is running with their
> transponders in the HOV position and who isn't.
> The speed limit in those lanes is 65 and you can
> typically do 72 without drawing any attention to
> yourself. Oh...and I have the maximum tint on my
> windows as allowed by Commonwealth law.
>
> Now, on the off chance that an eagle-eyed VASP
> trooper sees that I don't have 2 more additional
> people in my vehicle and pulls me over? I throw
> the transponder switch back into the non-HOV
> position before bringing my vehicle to a stop and
> upon being questioned by the trooper respond with,
> "I dunno', sir...as you can see, the transponder
> switch is clearly in the non-HOV position..."
>
> On their website, the Commonwealth and its HOT
> Lanes contractor claim that less than 7% of all
> HOT Lane trips are conducted by HOV vehicles.
> Again...nearly 2 years now, 5 days a week,
> full-length, round trip on the HOT Lanes not one
> cent in tolls and not one ticket of any kind. And
> at this point? DAYS of my life "returned" to me
> not sitting in the non-express lanes...
>
> Ain't...shit...they...can do...for now.

My hero.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Bill Bob ()
Date: September 17, 2014 09:54PM

I agree! They never thought that going from 6 to 4 lanes on the bridge would be an issue? They lied when they said 495 would never get to 3 lanes during construction. It did. When I contacted Richmond VDOT chief engineers, they did not know "The contractor did this". I got it cut back to 5 months of three lanes. Now, they are putting in 1.5 miles to make it 6 to 5 to 4. What double dipshits. This will take a year of narrow lanes but still get to 4 lanes on the bridge OWNED by MD! I live in Burke. Braddock is a mess. I cut around to Gallows. Yesterday it was almost $10 to go 5 miles. Today, almost $7. And when does it move??? On top of the hill after the 4 lane bridge??? Dumb fucks in Richmond taking 70 cents of every dollar we send. Silver line will fix? Duh. Now doubling the Sq. Ft of business in Tysons. That will fix it? Holy shit. The MD ICC, is a reasonable $3 to get from 270 to 95. $10 to go 5 miles? The GW bridge in NYC is lower round trip? I bet the foreign company that is getting paid does fake fender benders just to up those tolls.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: shut up ()
Date: September 17, 2014 11:05PM

The toll is a variable rate, so if traffic is bad more cars use it and the price goes up. This is a good thing because it ensures that no matter how bad traffic is, if you REALLY need to get around quickly (ie: your willingness to pay is high), you have an option that otherwise wouldn't exist. Any economist in America will tell you these lanes are a good thing. Just so happens that a tacit benefit is they makes poor people angry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: ^^ express lane user ()
Date: September 17, 2014 11:18PM

I think OP is complaining about the fees which have made the news a couple times. If you lose your CC, or if your CC expires and you continue to use the express lanes, you will get charged outrageous fees. In some cases, thousands of dollars just in fees.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Atom ()
Date: September 18, 2014 02:53AM

It's a form of delayed kickbacks employed by Fairfax county.

I'm caught up in the same rediculousness. I happen to be a heavy road user.

I have a fasttoll or whatever they call it now. I switched banks and had a 6 day window where my transponder wasn't synced. I use the toll road multiple times a day for my buisness. $40 worth of tolls equaled about $60,000 in court fees and fines. They were sending the notices to the wrong address. I settled for $10k with a gun to my head.

Went to several lawyer who explained how screwed I was.

Macquarie Atlas Roads, the Australian company that owns and maintains that road is also complicit.

I don't think there is any recourse. I'm just never living, doing buisness etc in Fairfax county ever again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Audreona ()
Date: September 18, 2014 08:51AM

Atom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a form of delayed kickbacks employed by
> Fairfax county.
>
> I'm caught up in the same rediculousness. I
> happen to be a heavy road user.
>
> I have a fasttoll or whatever they call it now. I
> switched banks and had a 6 day window where my
> transponder wasn't synced. I use the toll road
> multiple times a day for my buisness. $40 worth
> of tolls equaled about $60,000 in court fees and
> fines. They were sending the notices to the wrong
> address. I settled for $10k with a gun to my
> head.
>
> Went to several lawyer who explained how screwed I
> was.
>
> Macquarie Atlas Roads, the Australian company that
> owns and maintains that road is also complicit.
>
> I don't think there is any recourse. I'm just
> never living, doing buisness etc in Fairfax county
> ever again.

Has anybody else had an experience like Atom and I? Any success stories fighting back?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Atom Smasher ()
Date: September 18, 2014 09:57AM

Atom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a form of delayed kickbacks employed by
> Fairfax county.
>
> I'm caught up in the same rediculousness. I
> happen to be a heavy road user.
>
> I have a fasttoll or whatever they call it now. I
> switched banks and had a 6 day window where my
> transponder wasn't synced. I use the toll road
> multiple times a day for my buisness. $40 worth
> of tolls equaled about $60,000 in court fees and
> fines. They were sending the notices to the wrong
> address. I settled for $10k with a gun to my
> head.
>
> Went to several lawyer who explained how screwed I
> was.
>
> Macquarie Atlas Roads, the Australian company that
> owns and maintains that road is also complicit.
>
> I don't think there is any recourse. I'm just
> never living, doing buisness etc in Fairfax county
> ever again.

LOL. Couldn't have happened to a bigger douchebag. I guess what they say is true, a sucker IS born every minute.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Wasted ()
Date: September 18, 2014 10:15AM

The Hot lanes are complete waste of money. I read somewhere they losing something like $400,000 a month.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Biohazard ()
Date: September 18, 2014 10:45AM

Whoever designs the road systems here are complete fuckwad morons altogether. Go drive in ANY other major city during rush hour and its immediately obvious why.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: been fucked by them too ()
Date: September 18, 2014 10:49AM

Audreona Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Atom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's a form of delayed kickbacks employed by
> > Fairfax county.
> >
> > I'm caught up in the same rediculousness. I
> > happen to be a heavy road user.
> >
> > I have a fasttoll or whatever they call it now.
> I
> > switched banks and had a 6 day window where my
> > transponder wasn't synced. I use the toll road
> > multiple times a day for my buisness. $40
> worth
> > of tolls equaled about $60,000 in court fees
> and
> > fines. They were sending the notices to the
> wrong
> > address. I settled for $10k with a gun to my
> > head.
> >
> > Went to several lawyer who explained how screwed
> I
> > was.
> >
> > Macquarie Atlas Roads, the Australian company
> that
> > owns and maintains that road is also complicit.
> >
> > I don't think there is any recourse. I'm just
> > never living, doing buisness etc in Fairfax
> county
> > ever again.
>
> Has anybody else had an experience like Atom and
> I? Any success stories fighting back?


My credit card expired and I never updated the info on their website. I ended up owing $600 over $30 in actual tolls, settles for $300.

Pretty stupid of them, I used to use the lanes almost daily, but they wanted to fuck me over so I cancelled my flex pass and never use the lanes anymore. Could of had a long term customer... assholes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: September 18, 2014 12:35PM

shut up Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The toll is a variable rate, so if traffic is bad
> more cars use it and the price goes up. This is a
> good thing because it ensures that no matter how
> bad traffic is, if you REALLY need to get around
> quickly (ie: your willingness to pay is high), you
> have an option that otherwise wouldn't exist. Any
> economist in America will tell you these lanes are
> a good thing. Just so happens that a tacit benefit
> is they makes poor people angry.


What sucks is that you have no way of knowing whether the HOT lane is faster until it is too late. Most days when I travel south on 495 towards Tyson's you have to make the decision to take the HOT lane or continue in the regular lanes with incomplete information.

They need to install one of those "estimated drive time" signs right before the entrance to the HOT lanes.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2014 12:36PM by LetsRock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: true sheet ()
Date: September 18, 2014 12:40PM

LetsRock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> shut up Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The toll is a variable rate, so if traffic is
> bad
> > more cars use it and the price goes up. This is
> a
> > good thing because it ensures that no matter
> how
> > bad traffic is, if you REALLY need to get
> around
> > quickly (ie: your willingness to pay is high),
> you
> > have an option that otherwise wouldn't exist.
> Any
> > economist in America will tell you these lanes
> are
> > a good thing. Just so happens that a tacit
> benefit
> > is they makes poor people angry.
>
>
> What sucks is that you have no way of knowing
> whether the HOT lane is faster until it is too
> late. Most days when I travel south on 495
> towards Tyson's you have to make the decision to
> take the HOT lane or continue in the regular lanes
> with incomplete information.
>
> They need to install one of those "estimated drive
> time" signs right before the entrance to the HOT
> lanes.


A lot of times I go faster in the regular lanes than the express lane users. Since its only 2 lanes, the rolling road blocks really slow it down.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: you luddite ()
Date: September 18, 2014 12:45PM

LetsRock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> shut up Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The toll is a variable rate, so if traffic is
> bad
> > more cars use it and the price goes up. This is
> a
> > good thing because it ensures that no matter
> how
> > bad traffic is, if you REALLY need to get
> around
> > quickly (ie: your willingness to pay is high),
> you
> > have an option that otherwise wouldn't exist.
> Any
> > economist in America will tell you these lanes
> are
> > a good thing. Just so happens that a tacit
> benefit
> > is they makes poor people angry.
>
>
> What sucks is that you have no way of knowing
> whether the HOT lane is faster until it is too
> late. Most days when I travel south on 495
> towards Tyson's you have to make the decision to
> take the HOT lane or continue in the regular lanes
> with incomplete information.
>
> They need to install one of those "estimated drive
> time" signs right before the entrance to the HOT
> lanes.

it's 2014: how do you not have access to a smart phone or the internet prior to commuting?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Waze ()
Date: September 18, 2014 02:14PM

LetsRock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> They need to install one of those "estimated drive
> time" signs right before the entrance to the HOT
> lanes.

It's called Waze and it gives you that info wherever you go, not just specific places that have a sign.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: F the beltway ()
Date: September 18, 2014 02:24PM

For years I was a consultant who lived in Reston and frequently worked at client sites inside the beltway. Absolutely miserable existence. I wasted so much time sitting in traffic or the crappy, crowded, smelly metro. I spent tons on gas and tolls, plus wear and tear on my car. I decided enough was enough and got a great job in Chantilly. Completely changed my life.

If I ever lose my job and can't find something similar, I'll sell my house and pick one of those "best cities in the US" to live. This area is soul crushing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: ZeekorJ ()
Date: October 07, 2014 10:14AM

Count me in on any class action suit. It's a scam that needs to come to an end.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: 9p7Tu ()
Date: October 07, 2014 03:34PM

Only dumbasses can't figure out the Hot Lanes.

And dumbasses shouldn't be driving 3,000-pount-plus vehicles.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: TransUrban ()
Date: October 07, 2014 04:43PM

You think the $10 rush hour toll is bad? Wait till the 95 Express opens up. Right now, trucks are allowed on the HOV lanes durring non HOV times or if they have three people, which is not likely.

Once they open up 95 Express Lanes, think of a toll to the whole way without HOV 3 upwards toward $24, one way. And all those trucks will not be allowed on it. They will have to take, errr I mean slow down, the regular 95 lanes.

If you live down there, you are screwed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Lawanda Hawkinsi ()
Date: October 20, 2014 10:20PM

Let me know. I am in!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: This mf is a liar ()
Date: October 21, 2014 01:34PM

If he had an active expands account he could have cleared this up. They just take the account and process it. This dude must of had an expired account or inactive one. $22 in fees is days of driving on there. He knew his ez pass wasn't working.

Options: ReplyQuote
derp
Posted by: derp derp ()
Date: October 21, 2014 01:38PM

Audreona Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am interested in starting a campaign to boycott
> the 495 Express Lanes because of their OUTRAGEOUS
> fees. I'm curious if anyone else out there would
> be interested in joining such a campaign and
> possibly a class action lawsuit.
>
> What are your thoughts?

Lol, OP is probably a conservative hack also. This is what happens when the market dictates, you pay what they say you are willing to pay. Feel free to not use it, it afterall is the free market.

Want better transportation? Accept higher gas taxes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Audreona ()
Date: October 21, 2014 02:42PM

I am not a conservative. I'm a lifelong Democrat! So STFU, racist pig!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: causeican ()
Date: October 22, 2014 02:52AM

Lane.Meyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/142
> 6362/1426795.html#msg-1426795
>
> No need for a boycott, OP...
>
> And no need to pay the tolls either. I've been
> running the full length of the HOT lanes 5 days a
> week ever since they opened nearly 2 years ago.
> And I haven't paid one cent in tolls. How do I do
> this?
>
> First, I upgraded to a new switchable EZPass
> transponder. Since vehicles with 3 or more people
> qualify for a free trip on the HOT lanes, the
> Commonwealth needed a way to allow these vehicles
> to travel the lanes for free without causing a lot
> of problems. The system relies on the honesty of
> motorists to use the transponder appropriately.
> And? I'm a citizen who has paid their share of
> taxes, believes in fighting the man and his
> systems whenever and wherever possible and...I'm
> dishonest. Flame me all you like...I'm the one
> home with steaks on the grill, a beer in one hand
> and two smoke-shows on my dick while you're still
> sitting in traffic.
>
> For nearly 2 years now, I've been running with the
> transponder in the HOV position, operating my
> vehicle solo and again...NOT PAYING ONE CENT IN
> TOLLS. The Commonwealth had the opportunity to
> install infrared cameras to thwart highway thugs
> like me but...they passed on those cameras due to
> cost, for now. Keep abreast of HOT Lane news as
> the Commonwealth will likely be installing these
> cameras in the near future in order to close this
> loophole and once they do, please be advised that
> you will have to comply or pay serious fines and
> whatever else the Commonwealth decides they want
> to do to you.
>
> But, for now? Ain't...shit...they...can...do. VASP
> has real-time data in their cruisers to show who
> on the HOT lanes is running with their
> transponders in the HOV position and who isn't.
> The speed limit in those lanes is 65 and you can
> typically do 72 without drawing any attention to
> yourself. Oh...and I have the maximum tint on my
> windows as allowed by Commonwealth law.
>
> Now, on the off chance that an eagle-eyed VASP
> trooper sees that I don't have 2 more additional
> people in my vehicle and pulls me over? I throw
> the transponder switch back into the non-HOV
> position before bringing my vehicle to a stop and
> upon being questioned by the trooper respond with,
> "I dunno', sir...as you can see, the transponder
> switch is clearly in the non-HOV position..."
>
> On their website, the Commonwealth and its HOT
> Lanes contractor claim that less than 7% of all
> HOT Lane trips are conducted by HOV vehicles.
> Again...nearly 2 years now, 5 days a week,
> full-length, round trip on the HOT Lanes not one
> cent in tolls and not one ticket of any kind. And
> at this point? DAYS of my life "returned" to me
> not sitting in the non-express lanes...
>
> Ain't...shit...they...can do...for now.

That’s the end of your glory days, Braggart.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: October 22, 2014 09:52AM

The problem with hot lanes is now government has incentive not to build infrastructure to relieve congestion. More traffic, more hot lane use, more revenue.

Free market fuckery at its finest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: paco ()
Date: November 02, 2014 12:04AM

people lets boy cott the express lanes we already paid for them .if there is no money coming to them they wont have money to pay for the management company that is behind all this excessive fees .

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: its worse than you think ()
Date: November 02, 2014 01:40AM

Sadly, the deal our amazing government made is that if expectations aren't met, we, the State of Virginia, taxpayers, write them a check to cover the difference. But don't worry, they were crafty. You see, Transurban only owns the HOT lanes for 99 years, after that it's all ours ! ! !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: transurban setback ()
Date: April 09, 2015 04:21PM

News today:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/judge-drops-case-of-woman-accused-of-failing-to-pay-beltway-express-lane-tolls/2015/04/09/b07cd8c0-de29-11e4-be40-566e2653afe5_story.html


Toni Cooley had a transponder but did not realize it hadn't logged $11.70 in trips.
By the time she found out about them, she had $300 in "administrative fees" tacked on. She promptly paid the tolls but eventually was ruled to pay. VA wrote the laws empowering transurban to levy these fees. They were to too accomodating, glib, and quick with the numbers, and Transurban has used it to maximum advantage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: nopay ()
Date: April 10, 2015 10:29PM

It's that dyke Pamela Larson's fault. She's the cunt at Transurban that responsible for this shit. Call her at Transurban and cuss her out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: lisa comras ()
Date: July 14, 2015 02:57PM

Good afternoon. There is a class action suit - contact Hausfeld Law - James Pizzirusso - tell him Lisa Comras sent ya.

Toni Cooley and I have started Changing L.A.N.E.S - Drivers & Lawmakers United to put an end to the legalized robbery going on with drivers on the 495/95 HOT lanes. We have meeting set up with delegates to amend the current state code that Transurban is suing folks under. Toni won a key case in Circuit Court - 1 year Statute of Limitations. I won my case after there was a $10,751 judgment issued - I filed a motion to vacate based on the fact that Transurban was not legally registered in the state of VA Help us help everyone - check out our website www.drivers4change.org on Twitter @Drive4Change01 or facebook. If anyone had paid a judgment issued through the court or settled in court - anytime before March 3rd of THIS YEAR - you should talk to David Bernhard (Attorney) to see if you can file the motion to vacate and get ALL YOUR MONEY BACK!

I don't ride the lanes anymore...wouldn't if they were the last paved surface in the world but they are here to stay...such a shame.

LISA COMRAS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Nice Guy Eddie ()
Date: July 14, 2015 03:13PM

LetsRock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> shut up Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The toll is a variable rate, so if traffic is
> bad
> > more cars use it and the price goes up. This is
> a
> > good thing because it ensures that no matter
> how
> > bad traffic is, if you REALLY need to get
> around
> > quickly (ie: your willingness to pay is high),
> you
> > have an option that otherwise wouldn't exist.
> Any
> > economist in America will tell you these lanes
> are
> > a good thing. Just so happens that a tacit
> benefit
> > is they makes poor people angry.
>
>
> What sucks is that you have no way of knowing
> whether the HOT lane is faster until it is too
> late. Most days when I travel south on 495
> towards Tyson's you have to make the decision to
> take the HOT lane or continue in the regular lanes
> with incomplete information.
>
> They need to install one of those "estimated drive
> time" signs right before the entrance to the HOT
> lanes.

Try looking at one of the many traffic apps.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: pissed off commuter ()
Date: July 14, 2015 03:17PM

I actually started a daily log of my commute home, unfortunately only starting as far back as july 1. However, my logs include traffic volume, toll rates, and most importantley the fact that i go 75mph+ every day on 95 south @ 5pm fom springfield to garrisonville. I note volume back up on main lines and HOT lanes. The tolls just dont correspond with the traffic patterns and average speeds for which they claim to be the basis for determining the toll amount. Its bull shit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: cold lane rider ()
Date: July 21, 2016 12:44AM

VA lawmakers and transportation officials are either utterly retarded, or morally bankrupt, or both. Either way the public is screwed. Their only "fix" to traffic problems is toll roads.

HOT lanes are not a free market. It's a market that is manipulated by the government and rich elites. The only part that is free about it is their ability to price it as they will. It's a monopoly. Who else can compete in this market? No one.

They've built this ugly mess that they call transportation system which is nothing but a failure and is designed to enrich them for generations, while the rest of us slowly fall into poverty. They are the same people who control zoning laws, who control venture capital, and who push for unlimited worker visas.

The idea is very simple. Bring as many people as possible, cram them into tiny little boxes that are called "luxury apartments", force them all to go at the same time to their "professional" office district. Make them pay most of what they earn for necessities. Have you noticed how dumb it is that the entire government of the USA must be run out of the single geographically limited location of Washington DC? And how the whole industry of technology start-ups is located in San Fransisco? The whole thing is a game. This way they and their "investor" buddies make many times the amount of property taxes, income taxes, toll revenues, sales taxes, rent, retail, etc, per square mile than they can ever make in a nice, quiet, safe, family-friendly suburb.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Disgruntled ()
Date: July 21, 2016 09:47AM

I have always refused to use the toll/pay for use roads in this area. Even if that means I drive further/longer. My tax dollars paid for them to be built, An outside contractor gets the revenue from them and best of all, at least for the beltway, if the monthly revenue doesn't meet a certain amount, then the state pays the contractor the difference.

If toll road profit went to schools, or libraries or some other specific organization that would be useful, then maybe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: LortonLunatic ()
Date: July 21, 2016 02:30PM

Contact Delegate Dave Albo. He wrote the 395/95 contract/legislation between Virginia and Suburban. And yes, if carpool ridership goes over a certain percentage, WE THE TAXPAYERS HAVE TO PAY THE DIFFERENCE IN LOST FEES. Just another GOP hack.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: BillyBob1 ()
Date: July 21, 2016 02:38PM

Richmond sucks. They screw NOVA.

These are the highest tolls in the country. More than CA's hot lanes. $14+ to go six miles.

Traffic is worse than ever. We went through the pain of construction. It's a funnel. Six lanes to four. Who thought it would work? MD owns the bridge.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: cold lane rider ()
Date: July 21, 2016 10:29PM

Count me in the boycott. I refuse to enrich the thieves in Richmond and their Transurban buddies. I have not spent a penny on the Hot lanes since they built them, and it will be this way until the day I leave this trash can called NOVA, which I hope will come soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Joke Insurance ()
Date: July 22, 2016 05:26AM

Audreona Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am interested in starting a campaign to boycott
> the 495 Express Lanes because of their OUTRAGEOUS
> fees. I'm curious if anyone else out there would
> be interested in joining such a campaign and
> possibly a class action lawsuit.
>
> What are your thoughts?


This is why you need to buy an EZ Pass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: Through Driver ()
Date: July 22, 2016 08:29AM

Please boycott the HOT lanes. For every car staying in the main lanes, that's one less adding to traffic in the HOT lanes, which keeps the speed high and the tolls low (relatively).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Boycott 495 Hot Lanes - Class Action Lawsuit
Posted by: yeah ()
Date: July 22, 2016 09:12AM

Actually, the toll is based on the congestion in the main lanes. Dummy. More people in the main lanes=higher toll on the HOT LANES.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  ********  **    **   ******    ******  
 ***   ***  **         **  **   **    **  **    ** 
 **** ****  **          ****    **        **       
 ** *** **  ******       **     **        **       
 **     **  **           **     **        **       
 **     **  **           **     **    **  **    ** 
 **     **  **           **      ******    ******  
This forum powered by Phorum.