HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Speaking of Drones
Posted by: Charles Lindbergh ()
Date: September 12, 2014 05:40PM

Ok, there's a moratorium on LE drones in Virginia. And it seems there's a ban on drones of all types in national parks, which would include Manassas Battlefield and the GW Parkway lands. I just ordered a Phantom Quadcopter and am trying to find the best open space in the area to fly it. I'll fly it over the yard of my Muslim neighbors just to piss them off, but even that will get old after a while. Where else can I find wide open spaces to use it? Being close to airports in the region doesn't help as there are auto-lockouts on the airspace around Dulles, National, and Andrews.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Speaking of Drones
Posted by: Triptech ()
Date: September 12, 2014 10:17PM

Take it down to Chantilly to the woods behind the NRO. Make sure you have a few good cameras attached to the bottom, and explore the buildings at will. Be set up with a fast getaway plan when you here the first sirens though.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.