HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Jim Moron
Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: June 12, 2006 01:06PM

Jim Moran is a fucking idiot....

If Democrats win back control of the U.S. House of Representatives in November, U.S. Rep. Jim Moran said he would use his position in the majority to help funnel more funds to his Northern Virginia district.

“When I become chairman [of a House appropriations subcommittee], I'm going to earmark the shit out of it,” Moran buoyantly told a crowd of 450 attending the event.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jim Moron
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 12, 2006 01:07PM

Awesome, way to go Jim. He may be corrupt but what politician isn't? Moran just got caught, right?

Moran is good at that sweet-talking shit thpugh, I bet he could talk a gay man straight.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 12, 2006 01:33PM

I think the nation needs a vote-against-all-incumbants movement. Maybe I'll start one. That way people don't have to change their party affiliations if they don't want to or anything... just come to the conclusion that they all suck and are not doing what we send them there to do, and they all need to leave. Whoever was in place over the last term, vote for someone else regardless of party affiliation.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 12, 2006 01:42PM

i agree. stupid corrupt government needs some fresh uncorrupted blood. then again, politics + people = corruption. i can dream though.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 12, 2006 01:57PM

It's not like the new ones won't be corrupted either, it's just that it will be different corrupted people. But it would shake up the seniority and power bases, at least in the House. Depends which third of the Senate is up for re-election.

Date: June 12, 2006 02:06PM

pgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not like the new ones won't be corrupted
> either, it's just that it will be different
> corrupted people. But it would shake up the
> seniority and power bases, at least in the House.
> Depends which third of the Senate is up for
> re-election.

that's what the "politics + people = corruption. i can dream though." was about. if it was easy to vote people out (like everyone get's pissed off and they're out) there would be less corruption.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: June 12, 2006 02:10PM

This will be a kick-the-bums-out year, but I actually like Moran. Remember how much shit he got for his comments about Israel a few years ago? The Jewish lobby effectively pounces on any politician who isn't down with Israel as being anti-semetic.

Date: June 12, 2006 02:17PM

umm... right... so there are way more christians voting than jews.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 12, 2006 02:27PM

who cares about the comments about isrealis

are you also making up for Moran's exposed corruption? His corruption is amtter of record, is it not?

"He served as the chief Democratic sponsor of a bankruptcy reform bill after a major credit card issuer gave him a large home equity loan under favorable terms. Moran contended in press accounts that his support for the bankruptcy bill had nothing to do with this loan."

Or this gem, which shows us more of Moran's character:

"Moran once famously fought with now-disgraced ex-Congressman Duke Cunningham outside of the Capitol building. The two had to be separated by Capitol Police."

Date: June 12, 2006 02:52PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> "Moran once famously fought with now-disgraced
> ex-Congressman Duke Cunningham outside of the
> Capitol building. The two had to be separated by
> Capitol Police."

that's what im talking about! talking can be such bullshit. actions speak volumes.

Posted by: true fact ()
Date: March 26, 2017 03:59PM

Fairfax MF-er Wrote:
> Jim Moran is a fucking idiot....
>
>
> If Democrats win back control of the U.S. House of
> Representatives in November, U.S. Rep. Jim Moran
> said he would use his position in the majority to
> help funnel more funds to his Northern Virginia
> district.
>
> “When I become chairman [of a House
> appropriations subcommittee], I'm going to earmark
> the shit out of it,” Moran buoyantly told a
> crowd of 450 attending the event.

still is......

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.