HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
First Day of School
Posted by: Helicoptering ()
Date: September 03, 2014 12:53AM

First day of school. 18 new students, grades k-6, who speak no English. All assigned a "buddy" from their class to show them around, and all sat at a special table in the cafeteria for lunch with the guidance counselor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: First Day of School
Posted by: Yuppie Problems ()
Date: September 03, 2014 12:57AM

Then move. I know your yuppie ass has money.

Posted by: Gunlover ()
Date: September 03, 2014 03:55AM

Helicoptering Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First day of school. 18 new students, grades k-6,
> who speak no English. All assigned a "buddy" from
> their class to show them around, and all sat at a
> special table in the cafeteria for lunch with the
> guidance counselor.

"Buddy", that's crap, FCPS passing the problem on to your kids, let them teach the English or learn their Spanish. Next your kids will bring buddy home to live with you...your problem now.

You liberals deserve this.

Never Run Out of Ammo

Guns Don't Kill People. People Kill People

Them or You

The two most important days in your life are the day your were born and and the day you find out why

Posted by: You Got To Be Kidding ()
Date: September 03, 2014 05:00AM

This is very disingenuous of the FCPS and Fairfax County. My child's job is not to be a buddy or teach English or learn damn broken useless Spanish. I have had it with these liberal school educators and their dumbass ideas. They had no real plan but to pass this problem on to our kids and then on to me. I heard about the buses are fucked now this. Private school here comes my child.

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: September 03, 2014 07:29AM

I wonder what happens when an English speaking American shows up for school in Guatemala? How does the school system there handle that? Perhaps we should be doing the same thing for these brown, savage, illegal, mud-people...

Posted by: libs hate America. ()
Date: September 03, 2014 07:58AM

Libs. All you can do is laugh at them.

Posted by: STANDUP ()
Date: September 03, 2014 10:13AM

Huh??? Wrote:
> I wonder what happens when an English speaking
> American shows up for school in Guatemala? How
> does the school system there handle that? Perhaps
> we should be doing the same thing for these brown,
> savage, illegal, mud-people...

What matters here is how were the students admitted? Were fcps rules broken by fcps officials? If so, at what level? Did the School Board require it of the schools’ administrators? Did the Department of Education require it of our School Board? Our local schools (fcps) receive money from the federal government (Department of Education). In return, we are obligated to adhere to national regulations which do not necessarily serve the best interest of our community in every situation. As a community we are charged with the responsibility of holding our local schools accountable and we need to demand some answers on whether rules were broken. The same rules we are admonished to adhere. If so, well that part I don’t know but the next step is found in the same place as the rules. It starts with the Code of Virginia.

At the first PTA meeting of my child’s school, I intend to address this issue. Also, I intend to discuss it directly with the principal.

Answers to whether rules were broken in admitting undocumented orphans without a verifiable residence within the school district or whether rules were rewritten to accommodate this situation. If rules were rewritten, were they done so according to law or were they rewritten illegally?

Posted by: Joe Friday Facts ()
Date: September 03, 2014 11:05AM

There are more illegals in the FFX County School system than the Los Angeles United School District.

Posted by: Been there done that ()
Date: September 03, 2014 11:46AM

You act like this is all new, and maybe for some of you it is. For others it is just more of the same. The reason some push to get their kids into GT is so they don't have to watch their kid be used as an unpaid tutor, or have their kids academic needs ignored because the teacher is too busy dealing with kids who, because of academic or behavioral issues, shouldn't be there in the first place.

Posted by: kolt ()
Date: September 03, 2014 12:09PM

All or most of those kids will be fluent by Christmas.

I used to drive a school bus and was amazed at how fast the brown locust kids pick up English.

I hate the locusts as much as anybody and I'm convinced they will have a large role in the destruction of what's left of this fucking country.

But one thing we do NOT have to worry about is young locust kids (that are around native English-speaking kids) learning to speak English.

Posted by: SPEAR CHUKR PHIL ()
Date: September 03, 2014 01:05PM

you can thank the AUNT JEMIMA White House for this.

Posted by: jons ()
Date: September 03, 2014 01:59PM

kolt Wrote:
>
>
> I used to drive a school bus and was amazed at how
> fast the brown locust kids pick up English.
>
>
With your intelect, you once drove a bus for a living? I thought you would have been at Harvard, Hopkins, or even Brookings.

Posted by: Joe Friday Facts ()
Date: September 03, 2014 02:04PM

The cost to educate these illegals will cost the taxpayers $13 million over the next 10 months.

Posted by: drink the cool aid ()
Date: September 03, 2014 04:50PM

Joe Friday Facts Wrote:
> The cost to educate these illegals will cost the
> taxpayers $13 million over the next 10 months.

Starting a Lottery to see how many more years FCPS can self proclaim they are one of the best school systems in the country. The old rule that if you tell a big enough lie enough times, people will believe it.

Posted by: kolt ()
Date: September 03, 2014 07:11PM

jons Wrote:
> kolt Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >
> > I used to drive a school bus and was amazed at
> how
> > fast the brown locust kids pick up English.
> >
> >
> With your intelect, you once drove a bus for a
> living? I thought you would have been at Harvard,
> Hopkins, or even Brookings.

At least I can spell intellect.

Anyway, you would be surprised at the people that drive school buses. Sure, there's plenty of lowlifes, but there's also plenty of retirees that were very successful in their careers. I worked with retired general officers, airline pilots that hit mandatory retirement age, a retired bank president and the like. In other words, people that could buy and sell you. These guys want to get out of the house, but they don't want (or need) a job with a lot of hassles. I am one of those.

But, dealing with the idiots that run FCPS gets real old after a while and most don't last more than a few years. I didn't.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.