HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How many in a house??
Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: June 03, 2006 03:11PM

Just curious, since the arrival of so many illegals anyone care to claim the record for most people observed living in one house. I will go first but certain my entry wont hold up.

Across from my girlfriends house is at least 18 people in a three bedroom single family home. They sleep in shifts. They even put drywall in the tool shed out back so more could live there. Each morning you would see them heading into the house carrying a towel, I guess to take a shower.

The bonus is they also have eight cars, three work trucks and one boat trailer. I guess the boat sank on the crossing from mexico to america.

p.s. Before you tell me to call the county about it, that was already done. They said there is no law against it and what do we have against hispanics anyway? True story.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How many in a house??
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 03, 2006 03:14PM

I have nothing against them, in fact, I care enough about them as people to say that it is extremely unhealthy and unsanitary to have that many of ANY kind of people in a house...

Find it hard to believe it is legal for anyone...

In fact I don't at all believe the people in the shed out back is real, much less legal. You sound full of shit so I challenege you to let me see it in person.

Date: June 03, 2006 03:28PM

Take Franconia Road to Ridge View Drive. Go about two blocks and look for the house on the left with all the cars and boat trailer as described. Also if you are so caring and concerned, next time I am in that area I will extend an open invitation for a few of them to move in with you.

I never said it was legal, the county did. Calling me full of shit is pretty brave for someone sitting behind a keyboard but then again the world is full of people like you.

Posted by: brianl703 ()
Date: June 03, 2006 03:34PM

It sounds plausible to me. First, the building codes allow a lot of people to live in one place. A typical townhouse could hold 10 people and not be in violation of any building code.

Second, it is very difficult to prove that overcrowding is taking place. The building inspector can't get a search warrant to go in and look.

Even if a jurisdiction passes a law limiting the number of unrelated adults that may live in a house, as Manassas has done (or tried to do), there is no practical way they could disprove the claim by the occupants that they are all related.

Date: June 03, 2006 03:36PM

Additionally, Virginia is a "Dillon Rule" state which means that the localities can only do what the state legislature allows them to do. So far, the state legislature has not considered overcrowding an issue and so has not given the localities more pwoer to deal with overcrowding.

Posted by: Few Too Many ()
Date: June 03, 2006 04:28PM

Sounds like people need to put some pressure on their legislators to make some changes then. This is the time to do that with immigration being such a hot button topic. Situations like the one cited with MANY people living in and around a house are just the type of thing that can help champion a cause for change if you have legislators that are willing to do something about it. It all starts with a phone call, email or letter.

Date: June 03, 2006 04:53PM

Well, I look at it this way--overcrowding is simply one result of all of that low-cost labor. You really didn't think it was a free lunch with no disadvantages, did you? (That's rhetorical..no answer needed).

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 03, 2006 06:33PM

Tim45 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> p.s. Before you tell me to call the county about
> it, that was already done. They said there is no
> law against it and what do we have against
> hispanics anyway? True story.

Fairfax County is becoming a bastion of elitist assholes and Third World urchins, with little consideration or thought for the plight of the Middle Class. The wealthy of the county will live in their gated communities with their iron-clad covenants and private security and let the rest of NOVA become Mexico. What do they care? They can keep the riff raff out. Now, if Mexicans started shopping at Tysons II, well....

Date: June 03, 2006 06:38PM

Regarding the violation of laws, what is a Zoning Law, anyway? Isn't it an enforceable law? If you have a Single Family Home with many non-related people living it it, paying rent, it is being treated as a Multi-Family Home. Isn't this a violation of zoning laws? Shouldn't the residents of Fairfax County be able to file a class-action suit against the Fairfax County Government claiming it is failing to enforce zoning laws? The damages would be the estimated loss in property values due to over-crowding? Seems to me a good class action lawyer could make a case with something like this.

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: June 03, 2006 06:43PM

Zoning is a joke....you have to stay after them and bug the hell out of them before they do anything. Also, contact your district supervisor and let them know about the problem. The more people that call him/her, the more it helps.

Date: June 03, 2006 06:51PM

What I like about the Manassas situation is now HUD is looking into the city's zoning enforcement. If HUD can take time to look at this, where the fuck is the INS? If the INS was doing its job, there wouldn't be a need for HUD to look into some town's zoning enforcement.

Posted by: ElHombre ()
Date: June 03, 2006 11:00PM

The INS doesn't do it because it is offensive and racist to enforce laws against people who are not of pure european decent.
If they were to do it on a large scale, all the illegals would quit working and then go rally for social security benifits.

Posted by: M ()
Date: June 03, 2006 11:24PM

ElHombre

well said and the fuckers are rallying for ss.

so now whats next

Date: June 03, 2006 11:36PM

I'm on the side of not having 18 people in a house, no matter what fucking race they are. Not a 3 bedroom house with a makeshift sleep shack in the back yard. That shit is pretty fucked up.

And I know it gets way worse than that, I was in a 3 room (not bedrooms, ROOMS) apartment in Mt Pleasant last year, and there were 9 people present at the time I was there and I was told two other people were "coming back" at some point. There was a bunk bed in the "living room" and only one person in the house spoke ANY english (a 5-6 y/o kid). Sad shit. I have to wonder if the kids are better off staying in that or going back to whereever the fuck in central america they are from. The really wierd thing was I was installing a brand new dell computer, flat panel, and printer for these people. Odd priorities.

Posted by: Dirty Sanchez ()
Date: June 04, 2006 02:14AM

Mexican girls are hot.

End of matter.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 04, 2006 08:24AM

Dirty Sanchez Wrote:
> Mexican girls are hot.
>
> End of matter.

if you really think that is true... why not go to mexico? this matter if far from over.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: June 04, 2006 12:57PM

Enforcing immigration law and protecting the border is one thing the Federal Government is supposed to be doing.

Having HUD stick their nose into local governmental business (or, for that matter, the very existence of HUD) is questionable at best.

It seems to me that we have a situation of the Federal Government not doing things it's supposed to be doing, and doing things that it's not supposed to be doing.

What a mess.

Posted by: Rico Suave ()
Date: June 04, 2006 06:51PM

Gravis Wrote:
> Dirty Sanchez Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Mexican girls are hot.
> >
> > End of matter.
>
>
> if you really think that is true... why not go to
> mexico? this matter if far from over.

Porque, Me gusta variety. You're sister wouldn't like it if I said goodbye to her and made for mexico.

You people are very poor at picking your battles. Pablo and Juan are not anyone's biggest enemy right now. They are diversions, distractions.

Date: June 04, 2006 09:42PM

You're absolutely right. They're just symptoms of a problem allowed to exist by traitorous politicians. The Dems want the cheap votes, the Reps want the cheap labor, and both want a band-aid fix for social security so let's add more to that pyramid scam.

Posted by: § ()
Date: June 05, 2006 11:38AM

The health dept. has jurisdiction. When a complaint is filed, they inspect homes for persons per square-foot. I don't know the parameters off-hand, but I believe it's approx. one person per 250 sq. ft. are allowed to live in one dwelling in FFX Co. There was a case of this magnitude that happened 3 years ago with an 1800 sq. ft. townhome in FFX near Price Club that was owned by a korean bbq restaurant owner across the street who placed his employees in this TH in exchange for lower pay. INS was involved and ended up deporting most of its residents, but it wasn't until the HOA of the community complained to the Dept. of Health who relayed info. to INS. The whole process took well over a year. -§

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: June 05, 2006 01:17PM

You would think people living in a Tuff Shed would be some sort of violation.

I drive on Old Keene Mill Road in Springfield. Everyday I drive past a house that has plywood covering the car port. You have to wonder how many people are living in there. Isn't covering your carport with plywood some sort of code violation anyway?

Posted by: Jim H ()
Date: June 05, 2006 01:26PM

Whoever said there was no law against it was . . .

right

and

wrong.

It all depends on blood and relations.

Best recollection is that no more than three persons (maybe four) unrelated by blood or marriage may co-occupy a residence in the County. The problem is in proving that absence of relationship. And the laziness of government officials doesn't help on that score.

Date: June 05, 2006 02:16PM

Plus the health depsartment has no more rights than the police, they can't just barge in without a warrant.

due process, motherfuckers.

Posted by: 89 Octane and a Match ()
Date: June 05, 2006 02:26PM

Two words to solve the situation for you: Molotov Cocktail. If the system isn't going to work for you to solve this problem, it's time for you to take matters into your own hands. Firebomb the mother effers, burn that house down, and that problem moves on and becomes someone elses headache. Think about it...

Posted by: What????? ()
Date: June 05, 2006 03:14PM

what kind of retarded shit is that man? killing a bunch of people to solve problems? now where did u ever get that idea????

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/choice2000/art/bushhome.jpg

Date: June 05, 2006 03:24PM

What????? Wrote:
> what kind of retarded shit is that man? killing a
> bunch of people to solve problems? now where did u
> ever get that idea????

he didnt say he wanted to kill them but rather to burn down their house so that they would be forced to move. what did you think "[the] problem moves on and becomes someone elses headache" meant? stop trying to make this your political soapbox.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: June 05, 2006 04:35PM

Overcrowding increases the likelyhood that not everyone will get out in a fire.

I expect that the first time that happens, those same people who are now against enforcement of overcrowding rules will be up in arms asking why something isn't/wasn't done.

Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't.

Date: June 05, 2006 04:37PM

One example: basements without an emergency exit (and that's most of them) are not to be used as sleeping areas. Overcrowding increases the likelyhood that this will happen. What happens when the upstairs catches fire and there's 8 people in the basement who can't get out?

Date: June 05, 2006 04:40PM

But we are talking about people who are most likely from the country (Mexico) where a supermarket caught fire and the management locked the emergency exits, apparently to keep people from stealing merchandise.

So maybe they don't care about such things.

Date: June 05, 2006 07:53PM

brianl703 Wrote:
> But we are talking about people who are most
> likely from the country (Mexico) where a
> supermarket caught fire and the management locked
> the emergency exits, apparently to keep people
> from stealing merchandise.
>
> So maybe they don't care about such things.

Didn't a Wal-Mart store in the states get busted for that shit recently? Locking in a Mexican cleaning crew for the night? Yeah. Like that shit only happens in Mexico.

Date: June 05, 2006 08:00PM

I read that cleaning crews were actuall yliving in some wal marts after-hours. Kinda like that Natalie Portman movie but they were forced to stay in the back instead of just wandering around at night having fantasies and reflecting on life.

I'll bet a mexican has never once reflected on something.

Posted by: burpgun ()
Date: June 05, 2006 08:03PM

Hey, people die in nightclub fires all the time up here in Los Estados Unidos because the emergency exits were locked. Given it's always either a metal, hip hop, or salsa club...

What kills me is the apparent inherent inability of our "guestworker" brethren to recognize the subtle genius of the Crosswalk. What possesses them to wear dark clothes and push the baby stroller across 50 in front of the Home Depot at 11:00 PM with two additional youngsters bringing up the rear at varied intervals? A few of them die around those parts every year, and the cop giving the interview just sadly tries to avoid inferring the fact that the "victims" were complete idiots. I know we need these folks, but it's going to take two natives to watch every one of them just so they don't inadvertantly walk into buses or drown in kiddie pools - or I guess we could just pay more for our own health insurance in order to cover the hospitalization required after their heroic feats of Darwinism.

And the INS hasn't existed since February of 2003...

Date: June 05, 2006 08:12PM

The main point is that about all a person has anymore is their home. Trying to keep the neighborhood in decent shape is a full time job and the government won't help. My girlfriend never told the county guy the people in the house were mexicans he just guessed it. He passed off the complaint by claiming racism.

She justs wanted to keep a decent place but who would buy her house next to a home with 18 people in it and all the wrecked cars there. What I couldnt understand was the homes go for 550,000 easy.

When you bust your ass 12-14 hours a day just to have a nice home, sure you get pissed when someone turns the house next door into a hotel.

Date: June 05, 2006 09:13PM

See, the Wal-Mart was able to get away with it because Mexicans think that shit is normal.

They wouldn't have been able to get away with it if they'd hired those uppity Americans for the job (plus they would have had to pay higher wages).

Date: June 05, 2006 09:33PM

name another nightclub fire where people died besides the one in RI with Great White, burpgun.

A lot of people did die in that one fire but it doesn't make it common.

Date: June 05, 2006 10:47PM

http://www.emergency-management.net/disco_fire.htm

http://www.weberthompson.com/articles/JClifesafetyissues.html

I did your homework for you this time smart guy, but don't trust your wily charms to work on me twice...

Date: June 05, 2006 10:54PM

OK you named one other fire that happened since 1980. 19 fucking 80. Two nightclub fires in the entire country since 1980. Which hardly proves the statement:

"Hey, people die in nightclub fires all the time up here in Los Estados Unidos.. "

That homework gets an "F", you're going to have to redo it or shut up.

Date: June 05, 2006 11:49PM

My you're an angry young nerd. The point is nightclub fires happen here dipshit - and if you'd take your one hand off your cock and the other from patting yourself on the back for your brilliant ubiquitous wit on every topic, you might be able to google the shit yourself. Though I wouldn't want you to miss an opportunity to timely reply to any comments with that superb sarcasm you wield with all the edge of a plastic butter knife. Nothing more entertaining than the pontifications of a twenty-year-old without benefit of a portfolio... Schmuck.

Date: June 06, 2006 03:06AM

burpgun,
  i have to agree with RESton Peace this one, 1980 is not what i would call all the time. i too give you an 'F' not only for your research but for your insults as well. i mean, "angry nerd" is rather weak and especially unfitting for RESton Peace. do not pass "Go," do not collect $200.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 06, 2006 11:58AM

Gravis Wrote:
> burpgun,
>   i have to agree with RESton Peace this
> one, 1980 is not what i would call all the time.
> i too give you an 'F' not only for your research
> but for your insults as well. i mean, "angry
> nerd" is rather weak and especially unfitting for
> RESton Peace. do not pass "Go," do not collect
> $200.

I think "angry" and "nerd" fit, but "young" didn't.

Date: June 06, 2006 07:33PM

Let's all talk about tax law or something else interesting. -§

Posted by: Woodstein ()
Date: June 06, 2006 10:05PM

We have dealt with thius issue many times in my community. We presently have 1 three bedroom house with 6 adults and four children and they operate a day care center out of the house. Another same size house has nine adults. As a former member of the HOA, I tried to deal with the situation delicately and with respect to the tennants - but give someone an inch, they will take a mile believe me.

The first situation was parking. Our lots were filling up and many of the cars had out of state plates (expired), or VA plates with no county and/or inspection sticker. It is amazing how many "residents" claimed their car was registered in VA Beach - where they actually "live". VA Beach does not have the city/county stickers. Also, cross plating was an issue - two cars with same plate in the back and no plate in the front.

The HOA started putting friendly warnings on the vehicles threatening towing. This was done for 8 months and few "residents" cared untill we started towing their vehicles that were not in compliance the law - current city/county stickers + inspection stickers and legal plated on both the front and back.

We then heard all about their "rights" to park cars in our neighborhood. When we said that notices were given numerous times to all households and landlords, the most common excuse was " I do not know who my landlord is".

A couple of houses had absentee landlords who did not care what was going on in their house.

Next we took license plate numbers of all the cars belonging to the overcrowded houses. Note - this helps when reporting this to the authorities. Fairfax County officials showed up at the houses and while they may not have been able to prove anything, they must have spooked the residents because they have been quiet as church mice since.

As for commercial vehicles, trucks etc. The county has ordinances about parking these vehicles overnight in residential communities. Check with your local zoning official.

A great reference, even if you do not live in a HOA is this publication from Fairfax County which is everything you need to know about living here and the laws. http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/consumer/community_manual/full_manual.pdf

County Ordinances - While Fairfax County does not have an ordinance specifically
governing the rental of dwelling units, it does have an ordinance related to occupancy restrictions, and the County enforces state housing standards that may have significance for both the association and owners leasing their homes. Chapter 112 (the Zoning Ordinance) of the Fairfax County Code, Section 2-502 “Limitation on the Occupancy of a Dwelling Unit,” allows the following:
• occupancy of a dwelling unit by a family group of two unrelated adults and their
own dependant children, for up to a total of six (6) children;
• roomers or boarders constitute a home occupation use for which a home
occupation permit is required;
• a group of not more than four (4) persons not necessarily related by blood or
marriage; however, occupancy by four (4) unrelated individuals must function as
a single housekeeping unit;
• a group residential facility which may consist of up to 8 mentally ill, or mentally
or developmentally retarded persons with resident staff;
• any group housekeeping unit of not more than ten (10) persons approved by the
Board of Zoning Appeals in accordance with Section 8-300 of the Zoning
Ordinance (Institutional Uses); and,
• one (1) or two (2) persons one of whom shall be elderly and/or disabled as
defined in Section 8-918, and one (1) or both of whom own the dwelling unit,
plus one (1) family, which may consist of one (1) person or two (2) or more
persons related by blood or marriage, and with any number of natural children,
foster children, step children or adopted children.
The Virginia Condominium Act permits the association to establish and enforce
its own occupancy standards and limitations. Additionally, Volume II (Building
Maintenance Code) of the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code prescribes a
variety of occupancy, ventilation, sanitation, structural and other health/safety/welfare
requirements for all residential structures, whether occupied by owner or tenant. Unless
constructed many years ago, units in the association will likely comply with the current
health standards. Information about enforcement of state health code standards can be
obtained from the County Health Department online at
http://www.co.fairfax.va.us/service/hd/hdweb.htm , or at (703) 246-2300.

Please note that opperating as a single family unt: This means that FFX County looks for multiple refridgerators as one way to see the cohesiveness of the family unit.

Posted by: woodstein ()
Date: June 06, 2006 10:16PM

Regarding wrecked cars, they are illegal in Fairfax County. Just wait until the inspection stickers expires and then call the police. They will ticket the car until the owner is blue in the face.

Date: June 07, 2006 01:09PM

There are different laws for the multiple residents in one house but proving it is another thing. Since they can always say it is relatives visiting it is tough to prove otherwise.

As far as absentee landlords I knew of a house selling drugs and having all night parties. The owner didnt care. He lived in California and got the rent like clockwork from the government since it was section 8 housing.

Finally one neighbor had a lawyer draw up a letter threatning legal action unless the disruptions stopped. The lawsuit was aimed right at the owner and not the tenants. It stopped. Within three weeks the tenants were given an eviction notice. They moved out before the eviction took place. And these were $800,000 homes, so it goes on everywhere.

Date: June 07, 2006 02:50PM

video tape and pictures. you can prove lots more with images than desciption ever will.

Posted by: dontbeadick ()
Date: June 08, 2006 11:11AM

>I'll bet a mexican has never once reflected on something.

what kind of a statement is that?? you are showing your ignorace, AND your stupidity... and elitism. you're a cock.

I am suprised (maybe i shouldnt be) by the stereotyping of mexicans by the posters here... i figured several of you to be more intelligent than that. as if 'they' are all the same. Fact is, there are plenty of mexicans and people from hispanic cultures that are here legally, work hard and do a lot more than construction and lawn mowing, and would probably put you to shame. start paying attention and dont be ignorant.

the issues that have been brought up are legitimate and troublesome, i experience the same shit... but to generalize the issue to be an ethnic or racist (and it shouldnt be racist anyway since 'hispanic','latino' or 'mexican' is not a race... its a culture. most hispanics are caucasian...) one is ignorant and just wrong. take a look around you; there are plenty of stupid people from all cultures, including 'yours' whatever that is. there is 'white trash' living here just the same, bringing down my property value. just because i think their house looks like shit and is in fact bringing down the value of the neighborhood, doesnt give me a right to judge them and talk about them as 'less' than anyone else.

if people come here legally and have a different standard of living becuase of their economic situation, dont be an asshole. just because they are living below your standard and it annoys you doesnt mean they dont have the right to live there just the same as you. maybe you annoy them because you grew up here and you are still ignorant.

if there are legal violations that you can leverage to change their behavior, by all means... i dont support illegal immigrants, but it doesnt make you less of a dick to be all in someone's (legal) shit because you dont approve of their standard.

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: June 08, 2006 11:44AM

"Fact is, there are plenty of mexicans and people from hispanic cultures that are here legally, work hard and do a lot more than construction and lawn mowing"

Absolutely. You would think Mexican-Americans would rally against illegal immigration because it is unfairly painting all Hispanics as uneducated law breakers. But I don't see that happening. I wish it would, because I believe the current debate is going to result in discrimination against American citizens who don't deserve it.

Posted by: Eh ()
Date: June 08, 2006 12:59PM

You think Fairfax County cares?
Haha.
Not anymore.

They end their work days at 4 pm, and mexicans end their work days at 9 pm.
Who is gonna go around checking out the houses?

Think about it.

Date: June 08, 2006 01:54PM

Chipotle sounds good right about now. -§

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: June 08, 2006 02:00PM

Qdoba>Chipotle

Date: June 08, 2006 04:42PM

Eh Wrote:
> You think Fairfax County cares?
> Haha.
> Not anymore.
>
> They end their work days at 4 pm, and mexicans end
> their work days at 9 pm.
> Who is gonna go around checking out the houses?
>
> Think about it.

while there may be some shred of validity to your statement, continuing to refer to anyone who appears to be of hispanic origin as 'mexican' is ignorant and just makes you look plain stupid.

i say 'shred of validity' because:

A) there are thousands of people here who are from guatemala, el salvador, honduras, bolivia, pick any central/south-american country... the likelyhood that someone you think is 'mexican' is actually from mexico is small. just because someone is 'brown' does not make them mexican; no more at least that the fact that someone is 'white' makes them from connecticut.

B) like i said before... to speak as though all 'mexicans' (or persons of hispanic origin as you refer to them) 'end their work day at 9' (implying they all have day labor or work other low-skill jobs) is just asinine. get a grip. do some homework. find out how many hispanics have jobs that pay better than yours. you just sound like and idiot when you imply that just cause someone is hispanic and immigrated here means they have a shit job like lawn service or sanitation, etc. get your head out of your ass.

C) okay, you have a point. FFXCO does not care. but why should they? given that the residents are LEGAL and law abiding (not breaking any codes, etc) why should a legal entity pay any attention? if you have a housing association with stipulations on care and appearance of households... by all means they should abide and the assoc should enforce. otherwise they have just as much a right to do what they want as you do, whether you (or they) like it or not.

now let me state clearly that if someone is breaking the law, it should be enforced, for a lot of reasons. some of the households w/ '18' people living there are participating in human trafficking, gang activity, crime rings, and are simply creating unsanitary conditions which can effect the neighborhood, e.g. rats, etc. so it should be stopped. someone should call it in. if the legal system is not responding... well we have a different (and serious) issue altogether. and if that is true.. then 'white' ppl are just as much to blame.

BTW - chipotle, taco bell, baja fresh, etc are about as 'mexican' as pizza hut and domino's are italian.

Date: June 08, 2006 04:55PM

You kinda blew that one, dontbeadick.

The proper term is "latino" when referring to people from Central, or Latin, America.

It is preferred over "hispanic", meaning "of or relating to spanish-speaking culture". This is for many reasons, one including the fact that Latino is more specific to people from central america. Another reason is gender display, ie, you can make latino into latina but hispanic is a unisex word.

Next time you call out someone with your PC bullshit get it right. You'll feel like less of a douchebag.

Date: June 08, 2006 06:31PM

and suddenly you are an expert in cultural nuance...

see? you've already made progress since the insightful 'I'll bet a mexican has never once reflected on something' post. im proud of you. perhaps with your newfound knowledge of cultural nuance you will think a little more before you make statements like that.

i am impressed that you took the time to learn about the culture (we learn something new everyday, dont we?), but your ability to quip with wiki-facts does not make up for your obvious immaturity, nor does it invalidate anything i have said. if you are looking for an argument, try engaging the matter at hand, not flailing with attempts at technical disqualification. it makes you look weak and desperate.

now speaking of douchebags... since you want to learn about culture, hispanic, while its name implies of 'spanish' origin, is commonly understood in the US by the definition you have provided. considering this definition, most latinos would apply, however 'latin americans' prefer to differentiate themselves from those of iberian heritage for known historical reasons (if you know why, we are really making progress!!). further, latino refers to the latin american culture which exists through much of central and south america, but developed with heavy influence from the old world, hence the reference to 'latin' (and im sure you know how that term got started)... so likewise it is contended that latino is also an inappropriate term since it does not acknowledge the indigenous peoples of the americas which have contributed more than their fair share to the 'latin american' culture. so where does that leave us? amongst a current debate within the 'spanish-speaking' community; now even you are up to date on a current event in a culture other than your own.

and the 'gender display' attempt was just flacid.

and btw, political correctness IS bullshit, try education.

Posted by: RbF_dark420 ()
Date: June 08, 2006 08:20PM

Surprisingly they take it pretty seriously in Herndon, actually had the do0d leave his card on my front door, someone ratted out my neighbors turns out there was like 14 or so if them in there. and he came by last week and was inside, now there is like no one in there anymore lol.

Bill Edmonston: Community Inspector/Deputy Zoning Administrator
Phone: 703-707-2666
Fax: 703-437-6335

Only the paraniod will Survive...

Date: June 08, 2006 10:26PM

According to the Pew Hispanic Center, 56% of the "unauthorized migrant population" (aka illegal aliens) is from Mexico.

You can read the report here:

http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/61.pdf

Posted by: ben ()
Date: June 09, 2006 12:13AM

dontbeadick Wrote:
>
> now speaking of douchebags... since you want to
> learn about culture, hispanic, while its name
> implies of 'spanish' origin, is commonly
> understood in the US by the definition you have
> provided. considering this definition, most
> latinos would apply, however 'latin americans'
> prefer to differentiate themselves from those of
> iberian heritage for known historical reasons (if
> you know why, we are really making progress!!).
> further, latino refers to the latin american
> culture which exists through much of central and
> south america, but developed with heavy influence
> from the old world, hence the reference to 'latin'
> (and im sure you know how that term got
> started)... so likewise it is contended that
> latino is also an inappropriate term since it does
> not acknowledge the indigenous peoples of the
> americas which have contributed more than their
> fair share to the 'latin american' culture. so
> where does that leave us? amongst a current debate
> within the 'spanish-speaking' community; now even
> you are up to date on a current event in a culture
> other than your own.
>

Try going to South America and calling anyone hispanic.

Date: June 09, 2006 12:37AM

Dude, get out in the real fucking world. People from latin america overwhelmingly prefer to be called latino.

What's that? You never go outside and don't associate with people who are not from your land? Big fucking surprise, dontbeadick, you fucking white racist trash.

Posted by: Hugh Jass ()
Date: June 09, 2006 10:18AM

Wow, I wish Woodbridge would start doing these bullshit inspections. I'd drop an anonymous call on myself. I envision the incident going something like this:

Inspector shows up at door. "Hi, I heard you might have too many people living in this house. Mind if I have a look around?"

Me: "Sure, got a warrant?"

Inspector: "Derrrrr...no."

Me: "You have exactly three seconds to remove yourself from my property before I forcibly remove you."

Inspector: "Derrr...."

Me: "One two three." Grabs inspector by hair, drags him to curb. Plants foot on ass, kicks him into roadway. "Set one more foot on my property you fascist piece of shit and I'll stomp a mudhole in your behind."

Honestly, the only way communities are getting away with this shit is that immigrants are too dumb to realize you don't have to let ANYONE into your house unless they're a law enforcement officer with a proper warrant. Anything else is trespassing. My home = my castle.

Date: June 09, 2006 10:36AM

"Woodbridge" won't ever start doing those inspections.

"Prince William County", however, probably will.

Date: June 09, 2006 11:22AM

Hugh Jass:

> Inspector shows up at door. "Hi, I heard you might
> have too many people living in this house. Mind if
> I have a look around?"
>
> Me: "Sure, got a warrant?"

the jokes on you because you just invited the inspector in.

> Me: "One two three." Grabs inspector by hair,
> drags him to curb. Plants foot on ass, kicks him
> into roadway. "Set one more foot on my property
> you fascist piece of shit and I'll stomp a mudhole
> in your behind."

after that you will be having a pleasant conversation with our understanding PD. it would be a good idea to wear a bulletproof vest before they came for you.

Date: June 09, 2006 01:00PM

brianl703 Wrote:
> According to the Pew Hispanic Center, 56% of the
> "unauthorized migrant population" (aka illegal
> aliens) is from Mexico.
>
> You can read the report here:
>
> http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/61.pdf

Yes, true... just notice that statistic is talking about illegal... not immigrants at large. just because someone is an immigrant doesnt make them illegal and doesnt make them mexican. and because someone is mexican, doesnt mean they are an immigrant, and doesnt mean they are illegal. thats all im saying. and yes, while mexicans also make up the majority of immigrants at large in the US, it does not mean that is necessarily the case in this metro area. im willing to bet it is not the case, but prove me wrong if you like. my bet is on el salvador.

and funny, reston/ben, how its called the Pew Hispanic center... whose tag line is 'Chronicling Latinos' diverse experiences in a Changing America'. Take a look at the web site, its a good resource and you could learn a lot from it... Latino/Hispanic... seems that a lot of people have it wrong. maybe you should go tell them... but they probably would laugh at some stuck up nova whitebread punk bitch trying to tell them that they arent using the proper term for their own people. lol, the irony (and ignorance) of that!! if you had any reading comprehension skills, you would have realized that i didnt disagree with you, but actually supported your point while explaining that hispanic is a term commonly used within the US and is currently under debate among the spanish-speaking community. this should also resolve the 'never going outside and dont associate...etc' comment, which is just funny. you clearly are looking at this from an outside perspective and are adding intensity to an issue which is really not as big of a deal as you are making it to people who are 'spanish-speaking', just so you have something to say.

and for some reason, reston, you have taken to arguing a semantic technicality rather than the subject of this thread...'how many in a house' and issues surrounding that. its probably cause its all you've got. whenever you want to get back to that debate (and your comments) and discussions which add value, let me know. at this point you have just resorted to primitive tactics which people that dont have any real skills do when they get cornered: jump up and down and talk loud trash. that's okay, it shows that you dont know what you are talking about and you have nothing else to say.

there are quite a few people on this forum who mistakenly speak as though all immigrants are mexicans or are illegal or all have shit jobs or are uneducated etc, all of which are untrue. thats it. just pointing out the large amount of ignorance going around here, which is sad for a community as diverse as northern virginia. i guess it shows something about intelligence and awareness of the 'fairfax underground' population. you'd be suprised to find out who is latino or hispanic in your community, what jobs they have, what contribution they make, what degrees they hold; just be careful how you speak about a population at large, generalizations are almost never true. you may stir up resentments or just make yourself look stupid. up to you...

Date: June 09, 2006 01:39PM

Carlos Mencia makes me laugh - so mi es no problema con Mexicanos. -§

Date: June 09, 2006 03:08PM

I'm well aware of the difference between illegal aliens and legal immigrants.

As far as legal immigration and Mexico goes, Mexican citizens have not been eligible for the Immigrant Diversity Visa Lottery for several years now. That's one way to get a resident visa for this country. The other two ways are through (1) family reunification (pejoratively called "chain migration" by some) and (2) through a work visa (which isn't a permanent visa--it expires when the job ends, and you are supposed to go back home at that point).

The reason that Mexican citizens aren't eligible for the Diversity Visa? It is because the Diversity Visa is to encourage immigration from countries that have low rates of migration to the USA, and therefore countries that have large number of migrants to the USA are not eligible. (I don't know if they count illegal aliens) :)

By the way, permanent visas are commonly referred to as green cards, but they aren't green and haven't been green for many many years. (The current version of the permanent visa looks just about impossible to counterfeit, whereas the old version from 1980 or so was about as secure as a student ID).

Let me clear up a common misconception:

Someone who is here with a permanent visa can legally do almost everything a citizen can. They can collect social security (after paying into it as required). They are eligible for the earned income tax credit. They can be licensed in a professional occupation. They can even get food stamps and welfare.

The only things that they cannot (legally) do are (1) vote, (2) work in jobs that require US citizenship.

Date: June 09, 2006 04:20PM

Fairfax MF-er Wrote:
> "Fact is, there are plenty of mexicans and people
> from hispanic cultures that are here legally, work
> hard and do a lot more than construction and lawn
> mowing"
>
>
> Absolutely. You would think Mexican-Americans
> would rally against illegal immigration because it
> is unfairly painting all Hispanics as uneducated
> law breakers. But I don't see that happening. I
> wish it would, because I believe the current
> debate is going to result in discrimination
> against American citizens who don't deserve it.

this, people... is the point.

the idiots on this board are showing their ignorance and their tendency to discriminate against latinos just by the way they are speaking, which anyone would guess is also the way they think.

ffx-mf, its a tough call on what to do...thats why its a national debate. latino US citizens have a hard time turning away people from their respective countries who are here illegally trying to make a better life than in their own country, but many do in fact realize that its painting a bad picture for all hispanics, and hurting this country in ways many (the illegal immigrants) dont even realize. and that is why i DONT support illegal immigration, although i do feel for those people (and no, i dont feel for latino criminals legal or illegal any more than i do any other; deport 'em). remember ellis island and all that? how many immigrants back then do you think came here illegally? and do you think ones that got in legit were telling the others fuck off, go back? doubtful, but that doesnt make it right. people have to understand that this issue is up against the bond of an entire culture. that doesnt make illegal immigration any more acceptable, just brings some light to some of the social stresses.

they should go back and come in legally, but that starts another whole debate. how do you even enforce that? seriously; no childish 'i would go round them up with my posse and kick them out' or 'id just start molotov'ing their houses til they left' bullshit. it would be a massively expensive undertaking to just deport every illegal person. where does the money come from? would you want to spend your tax dollars on that? i dont even think its feasible.

there is no good answer right now, but if some of you could get your heads out of your asses, you could be part of the solution and do something about your own community instead of running around crying and bitching about issues you arent even educated enough to comment on, let along fully understand. honestly, reston, if you dont get with the program you will have no hope of control over any of this. you do realize what will happen to the US population over the next 20 years, dont you? you cant stop it. better get educated and involved if you give a shit. otherwise you are just what i said before: a stuck up nova whitebread punk bitch. who has no balls. you pussy.

Date: June 09, 2006 04:31PM

dontbeadick Wrote:
> they should go back and come in legally, but that
> starts another whole debate. how do you even
> enforce that? seriously; no childish 'i would go
> round them up with my posse and kick them out' or
> 'id just start molotov'ing their houses til they
> left' bullshit. it would be a massively expensive
> undertaking to just deport every illegal person.
> where does the money come from? would you want to
> spend your tax dollars on that? i dont even think
> its feasible.

neighbors report suspected illegal aliens, cops investigate (check records or if needed go and ask for proof of ID), they are logged as legal occupants to stop complaints or they are arrested taken to jail and deported. seems feasible to me. the cops may be busy for a while but they are PUBLIC SERVANTS.

> there is no good answer right now, but if some of
> you could get your heads out of your asses, you
> could be part of the solution and do something
> about your own community instead of running around
> crying and bitching about issues

you said there is no good answer but we should "be part of the solution and do something about your own community". so let's just look at that, there is nothing that can be done or will be enforced and you say we should "do something about your own community". what exactly should we do? oh wait, there is no good answer. when you want public policy change, what do you do? you complain to everyone making it heard that you are unhappy so that they will do SOMETHING. the media and government are not part of the psychic network.

> instead of running around
> crying and bitching about issues you arent even
> educated enough to comment on, let along fully
> understand.

so... let's see, illegal aliens in the country, they are not paying taxes, many do not speak english, if any, using up lots of medical services that are paid by americans, in many cases not assimalating into american culture ultimately turning comunities into slums and there there is the whole MS-13 deal. what am i missing here?

> you do realize what will happen to
> the US population over the next 20 years, dont
> you? you cant stop it.

in general, latino countries are chauck full of catholics which do not believe in birthcontrol of any kind... im thinking there will be a large increase of hispanics. hmm... what about deporting them?

> otherwise you are
> just what i said before: a stuck up nova
> whitebread punk bitch. who has no balls. you
> pussy.

seriously, who is the one bitching now? do you think you are helping at all with your insults?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2006 05:14PM by Gravis.

Date: June 09, 2006 04:52PM

Actually, someone born in the USA could be a Mexican thanks to dual-citizenship.

Date: June 09, 2006 04:54PM

I prefer to say that I'm a Virginian as opposed to saying that I'm an American. It's a much more precise term.

Date: June 09, 2006 05:12PM

Gravis Wrote:
>
> if you are born in the USA, you are an American,
> you are NOT a Mexican. Latino, or Latino-American,
> you are an American, no matter what you look like.
> ethnic origin has NOTHING to do with
> citizenship.

hm. okay. clearly you are confused. the statement 'ethnic origin has nothing to do with citizenship' is correct. and given that, one can be a US citizen and be latino since latino has NOTHING to do with citizenship. latino is a culture, a heritage, an ethnic origin. HENCE the term latino-american. an AMERICAN who has a LATIN AMERICAN otherwise known as LATINO heritage. being latino does not mean you were born in another country. this is no different than african american. calling someone african american does not mean they are AFRICAN or an immigrant. 'blacks' otherwise known as african americans are NOT FROM AFRICA. THEY ARE AMERICANS. but they have an african heritage. african-american. so.. a LATINO could be from their country of origin, or be an AMERICAN, either way, you are just talking about their heritage, not their citizenship.

> legal immigrants with citizenship from Mexico are
> Mexican-American but most like to say they are
> Latino-American.

lol, says who? you? did you take a poll? WRONG. and who cares what they say they are anyway.. both would be applicable. so what. irrelevant if you even know what the root of the terms and issues are.

>
> one more thing. just to clear things up, if you
> are from canada, central of south america, you are
> NOT an American, you continent may have the name
> America in it, but that does not make you
> American, as only US citizens use American
> exculsively to describle their citizenship. im
> tired of this "im an american too" bullshit.

i never heard that, but i wholeheartedly agree with you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2006 05:15PM by dontbeadick.

Date: June 09, 2006 05:18PM

brianl703 Wrote:
> I prefer to say that I'm a Virginian as opposed to
> saying that I'm an American. It's a much more
> precise term.

that's fine...but in the international sense nobody will know where the fuck you are talking about.

Date: June 09, 2006 05:49PM

Gravis Wrote:

> neighbors report suspected illegal aliens, cops
> investigate (check records or if needed go and ask
> for proof of ID), they are logged as legal
> occupants to stop complaints or they are arrested
> taken to jail and deported. seems feasible to me.
> the cops may be busy for a while but they are
> PUBLIC SERVANTS.
>

true, and thats exactly what they should do. but to think that somehow without dramatically increasing the funding for that kind of effort (tax dollars) that any real progress on deporting 11 mil people is going to be made anytime soon... think again. they can barely keep up with 'normal' crime. it would be at least a decade, and they'd have to be getting rid of ppl faster than they'd be coming in. and of course border security needs to be tightened, but its never going to completely stop ppl. im not saying to do nothing then, just that when people say 'just deport them all', well its just not as easy as it is said.

>
> you said there is no good answer but we should "be
> part of the solution and do something about your
> own community". so let's just look at that, there
> is nothing that can be done or will be enforced
> and you say we should "do something about your own
> community". what exactly should we do? oh wait,
> there is no good answer. when you want public
> policy change, what do you do? you complain to
> everyone making it heard that you are unhappy so
> that they will do SOMETHING. the media and
> government are not part of the psychic network.

A) i said there is no good (read: easy, clear, etc) answer... right now. which leads into what you should do if you care. you would know that if you too, had reading comprehension skills. geez, there seems to be a real issue with that around here. B) no, you dont complain, you get active.. you get educated and get involved with the community. it doesnt mean you have to be a public servant, but you would at least have to engage in constructive debate with people in those positions. complaining does nothing but annoy people.

> so... let's see, illegal aliens in the country,
> they are not paying taxes, many do not speak
> english, if any, using up lots of medical services
> that are paid by americans, in many cases not
> assimalating into american culture ultimately
> turning comunities into slums and there there is
> the whole MS-13 deal. what am i missing here?
>

just because you can regurgitate media blurbs and whine about it does not mean you have any knowledge on the topic. if you really want to talk about it, i'm all for it. lets take one of those issues and go into it. just rattling of the list proves nothing except you have basic reading and/or listening skills. from the posts on this board, that is evident, however i do beleive with a little motivation, you too can become educated.

> in general, latino countries are chauck full of
> catholics which do not believe in birthcontrol of
> any kind... im thinking there will be a large
> increase of hispanics. hmm... what about deporting
> them?
>

hmm..okay, sure. why dont you try that 'lets just let popo pick them up off the street as they can find them' strategy. that'll probly work. and that doesnt say anything about those who immigrate here legally and are citizens that protect your ass as cops, military, national security, etc, teach your children in school, watch your kids in day care, work retail, auto, defend you in court as a lawyer... you gonna deport them? better start learning to accept the latino culture as a staple of american life.

>
>
> > otherwise you are
> > just what i said before: a stuck up nova
> > whitebread punk bitch. who has no balls. you
> > pussy.
>
> seriously, who is the one bitching now? do you
> think you are helping at all with your insults?

no, im not bitching, im just saying dont be that. if all you can do is complain and not actually know what it is you are talking about and/or not DO something about it... thats what you would be. as is anybody who runs their mouth and does nothing about any issue. im sure no one would disagree that they've seen people like that around here.

and do i think im helping? lol, no, its just funny. im returning the sentiment reston shared with me. you should keep an eye on him, you know... he tends to have a reputation around here.

Date: June 09, 2006 05:58PM

Gravis Wrote:
> that's fine...but in the international sense
> nobody will know where the fuck you are talking
> about.

I doubt that. I've dealt with many European customers at my last job and they all seemed know what Virginia is.

They could probably even find Iraq on a map, too.

Date: June 09, 2006 06:12PM

The key to solving the illegal alien problem is to answer this question and then find a solution:

What is it about Mexico..and pretty much any Central/South American country--that makes so many people want to leave?

The cynics will say it's because we have all the money and riches. But that's not a useful answer.

Posted by: your neighbor ()
Date: June 09, 2006 07:38PM

Ever noticed "RESton Peace" and "Gravis" need to team up on people they don't agree with? Could this mean they also share a house? LOL the cop and the ?

Date: June 09, 2006 07:43PM

brianl703 Wrote:
> The key to solving the illegal alien problem is to
> answer this question and then find a solution:
>
> What is it about Mexico..and pretty much any
> Central/South American country--that makes so many
> people want to leave?

AMEN!! FINALLY SOMEONE IS THINKING. if people could get the general public and politicians to bring this question out we'd really be getting somewhere. we are talking about migration of millions of people throughout the world... mass migration of a species between continents (i KNOW mexico is on the same continent, im talking about migration to the US in general)... something is clearly going on. lets figure out why they are coming. no bullshit. lets try and help them want to stay in their own country, which likely means helping those countries become more economically viable and stable. now we are opening up into a huge debate over what some people call US vs. the world, or globalization, or proliferation of democracy, or whatever. but this is real shit. these are real problems that we are going to have to deal with over the next 5, 10, 20 years, the next generation and so on. now we are thinking. but if its too much for some of you, i understand.

Posted by: ben ()
Date: June 09, 2006 09:19PM

dontbeadick Wrote:
>
> and funny, reston/ben, how its called the Pew
> Hispanic center... whose tag line is 'Chronicling
> Latinos' diverse experiences in a Changing
> America'. Take a look at the web site, its a good
> resource and you could learn a lot from it...

Really? I have a feeling I could learn a lot more from traveling through Central and South America... which I have. And nobody there uses the term 'hispanic', ever. In fact, if you do use it they look at you cockeyed.

Why? Because that would imply they have some connection with Spain, the country on the forefront of looting and pillaging their continent while at the same time exterminating the indigenous people. Guess how many indians there are in Uruguay and Argentina? None, because Spain murdered them all.

Hispanic is an outsiders term for South Americans. Which is fine, but then don't get pissy when we call you out on using it.

Date: June 09, 2006 09:30PM

dontbeadick Wrote:
>>
> there is no good answer right now,

Build the fucking wall. Problem solved.

Date: June 10, 2006 10:13AM

ben Wrote:
> dontbeadick Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > and funny, reston/ben, how its called the Pew
> > Hispanic center... whose tag line is
> 'Chronicling
> > Latinos' diverse experiences in a Changing
> > America'. Take a look at the web site, its a
> good
> > resource and you could learn a lot from it...
>
>
> Really? I have a feeling I could learn a lot more
> from traveling through Central and South
> America... which I have. And nobody there uses
> the term 'hispanic', ever. In fact, if you do use
> it they look at you cockeyed.
>
> Why? Because that would imply they have some
> connection with Spain, the country on the
> forefront of looting and pillaging their continent
> while at the same time exterminating the
> indigenous people. Guess how many indians there
> are in Uruguay and Argentina? None, because Spain
> murdered them all.
>
> Hispanic is an outsiders term for South Americans.
> Which is fine, but then don't get pissy when we
> call you out on using it.

yes, you are very smart and worldly.

i didnt get pissy cause someone 'called me out'... i hate to keep mentioning it, but READING COMPREHENSION skills HELP A LOT. i AGREED with reston the first time around, and explained everything you just said. it just so happens we are in america and the terms latino and hispanic are tossed around interchangeably, even by the 'Pew HISPANIC Center'. and like i said, i guess someone should go clue them in on it, but i think we all know how that would turn out. and you are talking about using the word 'hispanic' while in central/south america. and we are in the US. while you may be perfectly correct, what does it really matter right here and now? and since you are bringing credentials into it, i dont think yours stack up to those of the director of the Pew Hispanic Center, Roberto Suro. if he signs off on the interchangeability of the terms for the Center, i wont sweat using them in a 'farifax underground' forum.

so now that that horse is a bloody pulp, back to the debate of this thread... or, like i said before, maybe people pick this little semantic technicality as their argument cause they have nothing else to say.

Date: June 10, 2006 10:32AM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> dontbeadick Wrote:
> -----
> >>
> > there is no good answer right now,
>
>
> Build the fucking wall. Problem solved.

then people might liken us to China. or at that point, would we really be that different? and not to say that building a wall thousands of miles long for the primary purpose of keeping people out automatically makes you a communist, but the symbolism of 'the free world' building something like that would make a significant statement. and how much do you think it would cost to build that? and who do you think would pay for it? eh..an idea, but maybe not the most viable one.

Date: June 10, 2006 10:35AM

Few Too Many Wrote:
> Sounds like people need to put some pressure on
> their legislators to make some changes then. This
> is the time to do that with immigration being such
> a hot button topic. Situations like the one cited
> with MANY people living in and around a house are
> just the type of thing that can help champion a
> cause for change if you have legislators that are
> willing to do something about it. It all starts
> with a phone call, email or letter.

I think it was Gravis who was jabbing me about 'oh, well what should we do then??' well this is what... an no, this is not complaining.

Date: June 10, 2006 12:28PM

dontbeadick Wrote:
> WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> -----
> > dontbeadick Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >>
> > > there is no good answer right now,
> >
> >
> > Build the fucking wall. Problem solved.
>
> then people might liken us to China. or at that
> point, would we really be that different? and not
> to say that building a wall thousands of miles
> long for the primary purpose of keeping people out
> automatically makes you a communist, but the
> symbolism of 'the free world' building something
> like that would make a significant statement. and
> how much do you think it would cost to build that?
> and who do you think would pay for it? eh..an
> idea, but maybe not the most viable one.

The wall will keep lawbreakers out. Not free people in. It would cost about $8 billion, which is about the same as we are spending in Iraq every two months. The wall and China thing? Poor analogy on your part.

Date: June 11, 2006 01:04AM

It's all about the $$$. Mexico makes more money on remittances than they do on anything else.

Remittances: Because building a functioning economy is too hard.

Date: June 11, 2006 05:38PM

dontbeadick Wrote:
> Gravis Wrote:
>
> > neighbors report suspected illegal aliens, cops
> > investigate (check records or if needed go and
> ask
> > for proof of ID), they are logged as legal
> > occupants to stop complaints or they are
> arrested
> > taken to jail and deported. seems feasible to
> me.
> > the cops may be busy for a while but they are
> > PUBLIC SERVANTS.
> >
>
> true, and thats exactly what they should do. but
> to think that somehow without dramatically
> increasing the funding for that kind of effort
> (tax dollars) that any real progress on deporting
> 11 mil people is going to be made anytime soon...

have you seen the amount of money that has been poured into the police since 9/11? the amount of money they get annually just keeps increasing. in fact, they just have swat guys sitting around so long that they get trigger happy when they are finally called upon. the police have PLENTY of money to do this. you act as if it's impossible.

> A) i said there is no good (read: easy, clear,
> etc) answer... right now. which leads into what
> you should do if you care.

i was pointing out that you say we should do something when there is nothing to do except complain to the government until this shit get sorted out the legal way.

> B) no, you dont complain, you get active..

active? active doing what?! you cant do anything, that would be illegal. the only way something can be done is if the government changes policy. this is what the complaining was all about. if people get angry and outspoken enough, policy can be changed.

> you get educated and get involved with the
> community.

this is YOUR chance to do something. you can educate us (the people on this board) on the issue. you seem to think we dont have a fucking clue. please, do tell. involved with the community? what are we going on a witch hunt?

> it doesnt mean you have to be a public
> servant, but you would at least have to engage in
> constructive debate with people in those
> positions. complaining does nothing but annoy
> people.

as far as public servants go, cops cannot change policy and what make you think the big wigs running the place are going to debate the issue with you? complaining will get them nervous about getting re0elected if they dont address the issue and the opposition does. so you see, someone will take your side if you make it an issue. how do they know it's an issue? everyone is talking about it and complaining how crappy it is. that is how you win an election (see Herndon).

> just because you can regurgitate media blurbs and
> whine about it does not mean you have any
> knowledge on the topic. if you really want to
> talk about it, i'm all for it.

please, explain it to us all. im eager to hear your thoughts on this.

> hmm..okay, sure. why dont you try that 'lets just
> let popo pick them up off the street as they can
> find them' strategy. that'll probly work. and that
> doesnt say anything about those who immigrate here
> legally

ok, now you have missed what i wrote. i explained a protocol in which i though could work.

> no, im not bitching, im just saying dont be that.

oh i see. by the way, dont be a fucking retard and talk out of your ass all the time. im not saying you are, im just saying dont be that.

> if all you can do is complain and not actually
> know what it is you are talking about and/or not
> DO something about it... thats what you would be.
> as is anybody who runs their mouth and does
> nothing about any issue. im sure no one would
> disagree that they've seen people like that around
> here.

*cough*elections*cough*

> and do i think im helping? lol, no

well... i guess that makes you a hypocrite.

Date: June 11, 2006 09:56PM

Here's how you do it. Anytime the Republican National Committee sends you a letter asking for money..or the next time Senator John Warner (who voted for that terrible amnesty bill) does the same..print this out and mail it to them:

heres_my_donation.jpg

They'll probably get the message.

Posted by: Anandalite ()
Date: June 11, 2006 10:50PM

Dual citizen??? Let us talk facts here. The nited States barely tolerates "Dual Citizenship" on anyone over the age of majority. Mexico, Sweeden, and Korea may have a policy on "Dual Citizens" but the US really does not, except to say, DUHHHH....
The authority on everything, Cecil Adams, addresses this issue nicely at

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a4_229.html

Date: June 11, 2006 11:00PM

What do you mean, "tolerates"? The United States doesn't seem to give a shit about it. Yes, they might get a little pissy if you attempt to use your non-US passport to enter the US, but that's about it.

Posted by: rl0f9j7 ()
Date: December 24, 2015 07:51PM

at least ten are living in a single family home across the street, But one of the sons cuts our grass for free so we dont mind.

Posted by: Fairfax Laws ()
Date: December 24, 2015 08:27PM

You may know it when you see it — too many people living in a house, or people living in a garage, basement or shed. It is illegal to operate a boarding house without the proper permits. However, the county’s zoning, building and safety codes set out what’s legal. These codes define how many people can live in a house, how much space they need and what’s considered safe.

How many people can live in a house?

The zoning ordinance (Article 2, Part 5) limits how many people can live in a single residence. In general:
• No more than one family, plus two renters, may live in one house.
• Or, no more than four unrelated people may live in one house.

However, the rules define that more than one person can live in a residence:

1. One family, which may consist of one person or two or more persons related by blood or marriage with any number of natural children, foster children, step children or adopted children and with not to exceed two roomers or boarders.

2. Two single parents or guardians with not more than a total of six of their dependent children, including natural children, foster children, step children or adopted children, functioning as a single housekeeping unit.

3. A group of not more than four persons not necessarily related by blood or marriage functioning as a single housekeeping unit.

4. A group residential facility.

5. Any group housekeeping unit which may consist of not more than 10 persons as may be approved by the Board of Zoning Appeals.

6. One person or two persons one of whom shall be elderly and/or disabled, and one or both of whom own the dwelling unit, plus one family, which may consist of one person or two or more persons related by blood or marriage, and with any number of natural children, foster children, step children or adopted children.

7. A bed and breakfast, as may be approved by the Board of Supervisors.

How much space is required in a home?

The county’s building code says bedrooms must be:
• 70 square feet for one person
• 100 square feet for two people
• 150 square feet for three people

What are the safety requirements for a residence?

Every residence must meet the following requirements, according to:

Smoke Alarms: At a minimum, the county code (Section 61-5-1) says there must be:
• 1 smoke alarm outside each bedroom, including basement bedrooms
• 1 smoke alarm on each floor of the house

Emergency Exits: At a minimum, there must be:
• Two means of exit — one of which must go directly outside — for each bedroom.

Basements: There are also other safety rules for bedrooms in basements. These include requirements for lighting, stairways, and fire safety.

Posted by: blisterbot ()
Date: December 25, 2015 02:02PM

Next time anyone goes on vacation to Mexico, put up some signs everywhere that Richmond VA is now a immigrant refuge city and it is extending a welcome out to all who can move there no questions asked. There are plenty of big houses around there that will welcome the newcomers for a small fee as long as the space holds out. Then sit back and wait.....The turkeys roosting in the Va legislature will have to wade through masses of free-home seekers to get out of their mansions on the James, as they try to drive through the torrents walking along the freeways trying to get to work. That is what it will take to just get them wondering about the best liberal solution to the problem...

They then will issue a huge tax increase to pay for the roaming hoards welfare.

Posted by: Funk & Wagnall's ()
Date: December 25, 2015 02:08PM

blisterbot Wrote:
> They then will issue a huge tax increase to pay for the
> roaming hoards welfare.

Hoard: a collection of valuable objects or artifacts
Horde: a large group of people

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.