HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Couple Who Thought Ghost Trashed Their Home Find Scary Truth Hiding Under Bed
Posted by: News patrol! ()
Date: July 17, 2014 08:20AM

Couple Who Thought Ghost Trashed Their Home Find Scary Truth Hiding Under Bed
http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/174774/ghost_who_trashed_couples_apartment

Brian and Bridget O'Neill came home to their Seattle apartment late last Wednesday and were shocked to find it absolutely trashed. Lotion was smeared on the door handles, a can of paint had been dumped into the toilet, the junk mail was ripped open ... it was a mess.

Surprisingly though, nothing was missing. All of their valuables were still there. They called the police, but they couldn't figure out what had happened either. The couple wondered if it had maybe been paranormal activity but discovered the scary truth later that night -- there was a meth addict with a knife hiding under their bed.

After the cops spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out what had caused the destruction in the couple's apartment, they left and the O'Neills started to clean up. Bridget discovered the soles of about 20 of her shoes had been ripped out, and electronics had been piled all over the bed.

Brian bent down to pick up a bracelet off the floor, and that's when they heard it. "It was a noise coming from something alive," Brian said. "It sounded like a dying possum or raccoon. I had only heard wounded animals make that kind of noise before."

Bridget wondered if it was one of their two cats, but Brian said, "I don't think it's the cat." When the noises got louder and they started hearing fierce scratching, they fled the scene and called the cops again. When officers returned, they searched the bedroom and found a skinny wild-eyed woman who had been hiding under the bed for at least two hours.

Police believe the woman, who admitted to being on a days-long "meth rampage," was hiding due to drug-induced paranoia. For some inexplicable reason, she had been using the knife to try to cut the box springs out from under the bed.

"When I saw that it was a woman, my reality suddenly kind of shifted," Brian shared. "My wife pretty much collapsed on the stairwell." He says she looked to be about 5-foot-7 and maybe 90 pounds. "I thought it was one of the skinniest people I have ever seen," he said.

In addition to finding a scary meth head under their bed, the couple also discovered a hypodermic needle in the sheets and snippets of her hair around the apartment.

More from The Stir: Intruder Breaks Into Woman’s Home & Leaves Behind Deeply Disturbing Memento

Bridget said that despite her initial fear, she ended up taking pity on the woman. "Rather than use the knife to pop out and murder us, she was using the knife to deconstruct the box springs of the bed," she said. "Honestly, I feel kind of bad for her. This woman was so tiny and not together, it’s hard to be mad. If you describe yourself as being on a meth rampage, you’re probably in bad shape. I feel like regular old meth is bad enough."

The couple also said they don't feel the need to move but will probably get a new mattress. I don't blame them a bit.

Would you be more scared if your home were trashed by a meth head or a ghost?
Attachments:
whoa.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Couple Who Thought Ghost Trashed Their Home Find Scary Truth Hiding Under Bed
Posted by: Unmdp ()
Date: July 17, 2014 10:15AM

I think the meth head under my bed would be far scarier!

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.