HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
area monopolies intentionally damage property sick of it - cox fios plan weeds look OUT !
Posted by: ralf nadir, anti theft ()
Date: July 09, 2014 01:20PM

COX VIOS plant crab grass BE WARE

i inquired and objected when they plated it. the worker said "dont' worry it's quick grow grass - it won't be a problem". so i have a perfectly valid legal complaint i objected

when it first grew it looked like slender bright green blades

i then see a growing path of crabgrass ~ TWO YEARS OR SO LATER I'M STILL TRYING TO GET RID OF **

i then see on FFU an article about them planting crab grass. i investigate and learn YES. the mother fuckers did it.

the slender grass degrades when it seeds itself into CRAB GRASS and they knew it

they were intently trying to cause property damage as wide as possible in the area too boost stales to the rich in NY of products and boost fx co. lawncare businesses - which i hear some top execs. have children or family invested in.

only good news is i learn it has a much weaker root system than real grass (esp if caught early or alone) it can with allot of sweat be pulled without removing the normal grass, it uproots easier

----------------
call 1-800 sick of intentional damages by fx co rich assholes gov insiders (note those companies signed monopoly papers with sharon bull o va government, the complain was lodged publicly known, they didnt' care - "it's called winning")

isn't there enough work to do without are businesses hiring illegals to cuase long term damages and area business replacing shit that isn't broken and replacing thigns that work "to upgrade it" ?? assholes

these people skip court if you actually make a court date. it's called un-equal access to the courts and justice, fairness goign only one way, a parliamentary party line monologue, and that too is against the law in the United States of America it is.

**(a NY democrat stole my license i can't go to home depot or rist getting booted and getting car stolen "by authorities")
Attachments:
img.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: area monopolies intentionally damage property sick of it - cox fios plan weeds look OUT !
Posted by: 3Cjdy ()
Date: July 09, 2014 01:22PM

Attachments:
img.jpg

Re: area monopolies intentionally damage property sick of it - cox fios plan weeds look OUT !
Posted by: nYeYw ()
Date: July 09, 2014 01:30PM

cultivated plants "revert" when their seeds fall and grow again. for fruit it'd be a smaller maybe sweeter version

(ie, natural strawberries are the size of a pencil eraser on end of pencil)

this is why we have an agricultural dept helping to keep seeds productive

the "grass" above reverts to weed quickly - and they knew that

grasses are a form of weed and they can revert to a worse form weed when they revert. you'd have to know how the bastards breed it.

"They are slender monocotyledonous annual and perennial lawn, pasture, and forage plants; some are often considered lawn pests"

(normal grass, growing tall one may eat on some summer days, is also monocotyledonous annual)

Posted by: ebbhJ ()
Date: July 09, 2014 01:42PM

Use corn gluten meal next year during the spring, that will keep all your weeds away.

Here's where I got the information...

Garden Plot: Tips for spring lawn care
by Mike McGrath
http://www.wtop.com/902/3580895/Garden-Plot-Tips-for-spring-lawn-care

Forget spring seeding; just get your gluten down

Joe in Hagerstown speaks for many listeners when he writes, "Now that we can actually see the grass again can you give us a time frame for when to seed bare spots, and when it's okay afterwards to apply corn gluten to prevent crabgrass. Am I right in assuming that once the grass seeds have germinated they can't be harmed by the gluten?"

Yes, Joe. But crabgrass germinates at a soil temperature of 55 degrees, while actual grass seed needs much warmer temps (closer to a toasty 70 degrees measured four inches down). So your crabgrass would be up and growing long before you got to the gluten.

Spring soil is just too cold for successful seeding. So stop the crabgrass instead by spreading corn gluten meal - the only natural pre-emergent weed and feed - next month. Hold off on any reseeding until August.

Soil temp countdown; still way too cold for crabgrass

It's time for your weekly update on soil temperature! As we have hammered at you for untold millennia, crab grass plants die over the winter, but they drop a lot of seed before they expire. Those seeds lie dormant until soil temperatures reach 55 degrees as measured four inches deep and then sprout to become the dominant weed in area lawns.

This invasion of the fescue snatchers typically occurs in April, just as forsythia and redbuds begin to bloom and when the water temperature in the Chesapeake Bay also approaches that magic number of 55. (Right now those temps are hovering around 40 degrees; here's the link if you want to keep tabs on the waters.)

Applying corn gluten meal just as we approach that magic 55 will prevent crabgrass germination, feed your lawn, and do it all well within the new lawn care laws in our area.

But don't jump the gun. The pre-emergent action of corn gluten only lasts for about a month, so you want to get your timing right. Once that crabgrass germinates, it's almost impossible to stop.

Why can't I sow grass seed now?

Michael in Herndon is one of a legion who writes: "My grass is a disaster. I want to tear it out and replace it. I've heard that the fall is an ideal time to do this, but would it be suicide to spread seed in the spring? I don't think I can afford the instant gratification of sod."

Sorry Michael, but your real-life choices are to be instantly and somewhat expensively gratified by that sod or to prepare to sow seed around Aug 15. By the time spring-sown, cool-season grass seed like bluegrass or fescue can (finally) germinate, the temps are getting too hot for the already-stressed, young and very weak new plants, which always wither and die.

Ah, but sow the same seed mid-August and the warm soil and steadily cooling temps virtually ensure a great stand of grass. The smart money says to just mow what you have at three inches high for now and plan for August. It'll be here sooner than you think.

Viable new lawn options for spring

In our last thrilling episode, Michael in Herndon wants a new lawn, doesn't want to pay the premium for sod and asks, "Do you really have to wait until August to sow grass seed?"

No Michael, you can spread bluegrass or fescue seed in the cold soil of spring where it will rot, lose vigor and feed voles until the soil warms up enough for germination (typically a month or so later), at which point it will be getting too hot for any frail survivors to ... well, survive.

Spring is a perfect time to lay sod, however. It's also the right time to install warm-season grasses like zoysia and Bermuda, which go tan dormant over the winter but otherwise do well here, especially zoysia, which is very low maintenance. Plant zoysia plugs in the spring and you'll have a full green lawn by August. Yes, it will go dormant in cold weather, but it won't allow any weeds to elbow their way in, will need very little mowing and will even fill in its own bare spots. It just won't be green for Christmas.

Peas on St. Pat's? Sure, if you cheat

Monday is St. Patrick's Day, the traditionally "lucky" day to plant your peas. However, the forecast suggests bad luck for traditionalists as highs will only be in the 30s, nighttime temps will be well below freezing and there's a chance of snow.

The best way to seize the proposed good luck involved and not grow pre-frozen peas is to cheat. (And remember, cheaters always win!)

Gather up your snow, snap or English shelling pea seeds, wrap them in moist (not sopping wet) paper towels, put the towels into a plastic bag, fold the bag over loosely (don't seal it) and check the seeds every day. When they show signs of sprouts, plant them outside if the weather has improved enough, stall for a few days more, or plant them a few inches deep in containers (that will give you another week before they need to go outside for sunshine).

Pea seeds won't sprout in cold soil, but pea plants will grow just fine in that same soil; the cold-weather loving plants can even take a couple of light frosts.

Posted by: ykb4e ()
Date: July 09, 2014 01:44PM

can't do this with CRAB GRASS. stuff is no good on driveways either (there's another county special: forcing home owners to use tar driveways OVER concrete (already a better driveway) to find out they have ties to paving companies)
Attachments:
img.jpg
img2.jpg

Posted by: tvnYD ()
Date: July 09, 2014 01:48PM

My god are you a whiny little troll bitch. You must be a Teatard. Be a man, grow a pair. Fix the grass, it would take a normal person 15 minutes. No wonder your wife is screwing the cable guy and the septic guy. Now go cry and blame Obama, the Chinese and the Democrats because you are a effeminate CoxSucking MotherF$%ing two ball bitch!

Geez... Your poor neighbors! I bet your children and getting DNA tests in the hope you are NOT their father!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.