HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lorton DJ Joseph M. Rivera (Joey Flash) Sex Assaults
Posted by: Beat Box Boy ()
Date: June 25, 2014 05:16PM

From The Washington Post

BY JUSTIN JOUVENAL June 24 at 7:11 PM  

DJ Joey Flash was a fixture of D.C.-area nightlife, spinning music at various restaurants and working as a mixologist at bartending competitions and shows. After long, boozy nights, he was called upon to drive women home safely or take care of them.

But Fairfax County Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Elizabeth Kohut said in court that Joseph M. Rivera did just the opposite: Rivera took the women to his home in Lorton, Va., and then made video after video of himself sexually assaulting them as they lay unconscious.

None of the women knew of the videos, and they might have remained a secret, but Rivera’s roommate stumbled upon the collection on a laptop they shared and alerted authorities in March 2013.

Rivera, 35, pleaded guilty to rape and two counts of aggravated sexual battery this week in Fairfax County Circuit Court after reaching a deal with prosecutors in assaults involving three women. He could face a maximum of life in prison when he is sentenced in August.

Paul Keats, a public defender who represented Rivera, said his client was remorseful.

“Alcohol was a significant factor in everything that was going on. The women and Mr. Rivera were highly intoxicated,” Keats said. “Rivera maintains he was in a consensual sexual relationship with each of these women prior to these incidents.”

Kohut said the women told authorities that they had not had sexual relationships with Rivera before the assaults.

Rivera was arrested in Las Vegas in July on the same night his Twitter account said he was scheduled to DJ at a lounge.

Kohut said Rivera offered to give the three victims rides home or promised to take care of them after bartending shows, competitions or other events in which they drank to excess.

Rivera admitted to detectives that he took them to his home or elsewhere and filmed sexual acts with them. He admitted that the women were unconscious in each of the videos and that they could not consent to being filmed. He helped authorities identify some of the women.

Rivera told authorities that he had a drinking problem and filmed the women when he was drunk.

Kohut said authorities had discovered eight videos in total and additional photos.

According to Rivera’s Facebook page, he worked as a DJ at the BlackFinn restaurants in Bethesda and the District, Brion’s Grille in Fairfax, and the A-Town Bar and Grill in Arlington, among other local places.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lorton DJ Joseph M. Rivera (Joey Flash) Sex Assaults
Posted by: Vanessa Redstone ()
Date: June 25, 2014 05:26PM

Obligatory photo:

.'.
Attachments:
Rivera, Joseph 5993009.jpg

Posted by: younger than me ()
Date: June 25, 2014 05:36PM

Whoa, that is a lot of mileage on a 35 year old. I would have guessed mid to late 40s (if not older) based on that picture.

Posted by: Great... ()
Date: June 25, 2014 05:43PM

So his defense is rape is OK if I'm drunk.

Posted by: GMUnconscious ()
Date: June 25, 2014 10:08PM

If little DJ Joey worked at Brion's Grill, I wonder if any of the victims were GMU students.

I have a feeling he will not fare well in prison.

Rot in hell

Posted by: Joseph Rivera ()
Date: June 25, 2014 11:48PM

younger than me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whoa, that is a lot of mileage on a 35 year old.
> I would have guessed mid to late 40s (if not
> older) based on that picture.

Dude cut me a break yo. Im fucking looking at life in the stinker. What do you want me to look like? I didnt rape those hos. They wanted me just as bad as I wanted them. Oh well that last pussy tastes so good that maybe it is worth it. That bitch came all over my face and then we did anal.

Posted by: Tender Bar ()
Date: June 26, 2014 08:10AM

Great... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So his defense is rape is OK if I'm drunk.

He was also a (Mixologist) bartender. I wonder if he gave the victims knock out drugs as well?

Just like there are increased punishments for sex abuse in a custodial environment (teacher, priest, coach, etc.) there should be the same when a bartender gets you blind drunk and rapes you.

He better hope there is a good mixologist on his prison block.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.