HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Six children injured in crash on U.S. 29
Posted by: Road Pizza ()
Date: June 23, 2014 01:53PM

Six children injured in crash on U.S. 29
http://www.insidenova.com/headlines/six-children-injured-in-crash-on-u-s/article_436aa808-fae9-11e3-b71f-0019bb2963f4.html

Six children were injured, two of them seriously, in a two-vehicle wreck on U.S. 29 in Remington on Sunday night.

The crash happened about 9:20 p.m. at the intersection of O’Keefe Road when a 2004 Mustang crossed through the intersection and slammed into a 2005 Buick van traveling south on U.S. 29, said state police Sgt. Les Tyler.

The van, carrying an adult driver and six children, veered off the road and overturned. Two children inside were seriously injured and flown by helicopter to Inova Fairfax Hospital, Tyler said. Two others were taken to Culpeper Regional Hospital. The driver, a woman, and two other children were taken to Fauquier Hospital.

None of the children were properly restrained, Tyler said. He did not know the ages of the children.

The Mustang driver, Damian Olvera-Resendiz, 28, of Bealeton, was charged with reckless driving and driving on a revoked license, Tyler said

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Six children injured in crash on U.S. 29
Posted by: cpyVG ()
Date: June 24, 2014 06:49AM

I hope that all adults in the Buick are charged, for not making sure the kids were properly restrained. It's not that hard and now kids might die or be permanently damaged because of your stupidity and laziness.

Posted by: I agree ()
Date: June 24, 2014 06:53AM

I agree, the driver of the van should be charged as well. I see this all the time- kids not properly restrained in the vehicle. When you can see your kids head bobbing around in your rear view mirror, or their car seat flops over on every turn... or you are just lazy and don't even want to buckle them in, then you should not be driving AT ALL with your children. I know a lot of people think "back in the day we all hopped in the station wagon, no seatbelts on, yet we all survived", but it's more of a risk now than it was back in the 70's/80's.... we have more distractions, more road work, a TON more people on the road to consider. It's just not safe!

Posted by: hkYVD ()
Date: June 24, 2014 03:28PM

hopefully there is a silver lining that the people in the van had insurance and will get wealth

the children may have injuries later in live and problems with employment. doctors cannot say if that is so, and some doctors hide it because they are scorned by employers (ie, insurance companies). you see if and effect / injury of accident it's not complained of or mentioned w/in 1 year the insurer is not liable

Posted by: nL4P9 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 03:29PM

if not, damian by roman law must pay for all inconveniences by working and getting pay docked - he could be a slave quite a while

-------------------
it's fair to say it may be accidental even if he caused it

that doesn't release liability of repairing what one damaged

Posted by: vFuMT ()
Date: June 24, 2014 03:31PM

i see a charge of "he did it knowingly recklessly"

i bet the bastards cannot prove that

----------------
intently and knowingly presenting falsely elevated charges is a crime

ie, you can find in in the American Bar Association rules for (government but any reall) prosecutors.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.