HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Vienna Considers Proposal for Memorial to Late Mayor
Posted by: Memorial ()
Date: June 10, 2014 03:55PM

Vienna Considers Proposal for Memorial to Late Mayor
http://vienna.patch.com/groups/politics-and-elections/p/community-center-renovation-on-town-council-meeting-agenda

Town Council members will discuss a proposal to create a memorial for the late mayor of Vienna, M. Jane Seeman
Attachments:
ef7282f42550a11b7d71d35b53a67817.png

Options: ReplyQuote
see as she was, you know, MAYOR and everything - I'm betting she'd rather you build a park or playground and name it after her............. not a sermon, just a THOUGHT!
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 11, 2014 10:03AM

that's funny cause I'd bet a good day's pay that Ms Seeman was the type of lady who would not want the Town to spend the money on something like that on her at all LoLz

but it's sweet :)

Re: see as she was, you know, MAYOR and everything - I'm betting she'd rather you build a park or playground and name it after her............. not a sermon, just a THOUGHT!
Posted by: historic vienna ()
Date: June 12, 2014 08:52AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that's funny cause I'd bet a good day's pay that
> Ms Seeman was the type of lady who would not want
> the Town to spend the money on something like that
> on her at all LoLz
>
> but it's sweet :)

I have no issue with having some sort of memorial. However, she did support spending $4 million to acquire the land and build the Town Green, which looks like a monument to Town Council. (There is an enormous plaque and the fountain inscription refers to those who serve our community.) I am grateful for their service, but it would have been much cheaper to give everyone on Town Council a couple of BMW 750s and repurpose the gazebo at The Community Center instead.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.