HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County Police Liars and Cheaters - Supervisors
Posted by: knew it ()
Date: February 12, 2009 10:00AM

Three Fairfax County police officials have been temporarily removed from their duties after a police officer studying for a promotional exam said he was leaked questions to the test, law-enforcement sources said yesterday.

Fairfax Police Chief David M. Rohrer sent an e-mail to his department Tuesday confirming an investigation into a cheating scandal, saying that the breach was limited and that the test had been scrapped. Numerous law-enforcement sources familiar with the investigation said that a sergeant on the testing committee is believed to have provided the test questions to a lieutenant, and that the lieutenant in turn offered them to at least one officer.

That officer, instead, notified the police internal affairs unit last week, sparking the investigation. A police lieutenant and sergeant have been suspended, both with pay, and another sergeant has been placed on administrative duty.

No criminal or internal charges have been filed, and police declined to release the names of those involved.

Sources said the suspended lieutenant is Susan Lamar, 44, an assistant commander in the organized crime and narcotics unit and former assistant commander of the McLean district station. The suspended sergeant is Keela M. Lowry, 39, who was on the testing committee and became the Fairfax department's first black female supervisor when she was promoted in 2006. The identity of the sergeant placed on administrative duties could not be learned yesterday.

Lamar and Lowry did not respond to phone and e-mail messages seeking comment.

"This has shocked the whole department," said Officer Marshall Thielen, president of the Fairfax police officers' union. Thielen said the investigation needed to be complete because "it is our integrity that qualifies us for the special position of trust that we hold."

Rohrer declined to comment. He wrote in his e-mail that the allegations were reported Feb. 4 and that by the next day it had been confirmed "that test materials had been inappropriately compromised and 'leaked.' "

The police chief noted that "initial indications are that the scope of this breach is limited." He said new tests were being developed in time for the scheduled testing date of March 21 for promotion to the ranks of sergeant and master police officer, the highest of three levels within the rank of officer.

Police also are investigating the 2006 sergeant's test that led to Lowry's promotion, police spokeswoman Mary Ann Jennings said. She could not say why the investigation includes that test, but said officers can be compelled to provide truthful answers about that process or face termination.

Some officers and supervisors said the Fairfax police testing process had a long history of problems, but Jennings denied that. "Absolutely not," she said. "These allegations are definitely an anomaly for the Fairfax County Police Department. The people around here pride themselves on the core values of honesty and integrity. I think that's why we're seeing so many officers angry about this, because cheating is not part of this culture."

One officer, who declined to be named for fear of repercussions for speaking publicly, said he and others have been frustrated with the promotion process for years.

The testing involves a written exam, an executive in-box exercise, and then an oral "assessment center," in which candidates are given a problem and must explain how they would handle it. Fairfax, like most departments, uses commanders from other departments to critique the assessment center but handles the other stages itself.

The sergeant's test is given every three years, and a ranked list of candidates is then devised. Officers are promoted off that list until another test is given.

One officer said he once watched a sergeant who was involved in the test preparation convene study groups for officers preparing for the test. Fairfax once had a policy prohibiting supervisors and commanders from assisting officers, but that had been relaxed in recent years, Thielen said.

Thielen said the union had asked Rohrer to investigate the 2006 exam "to clear the cloud over any officers there may be some doubt about, and determine if there is a bigger problem," as well as to help any who remain on the existing promotional list who might have been passed over in favor of an officer who cheated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County Police Liars and Cheaters - Supervisors
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: February 12, 2009 10:30AM

Why start a new thread on this when one is already out there?

Posted by: knew it ()
Date: February 12, 2009 10:34AM

Sorry, it was already at the bottom of my page and the title wasn't very clear... my apologies

Posted by: Huh? ()
Date: February 12, 2009 12:19PM

You knew there were a couple of cops cheating on a written test? Anything else you want to let us in on Nostradamus? Who's gonna win the World Series? Idiot.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: February 12, 2009 05:36PM

Pig

Posted by: Week days at Porky's ()
Date: February 12, 2009 11:34PM

hahahahaaa Doesn't suprise me that cops would cheat on a test. Probably too dumb to take the test. These are of the same breed who ruin innocent lives. Cheating losers. Guilty until proven guilty as hell. hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

Posted by: Ha ()
Date: February 13, 2009 09:12AM

Yeah, compared to rocket scientists like yourself that spend your time in this forum for the perpetual loser.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: February 13, 2009 10:01AM

Ha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, compared to rocket scientists like yourself
> that spend your time in this forum for the
> perpetual loser.

Posted by another perpetual loser posting in same forum.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: February 13, 2009 12:14PM

Betting table

One of them is fat - 8:1
One of them has long acrylic or intricately-painted fingernails - 5:1
There was a discussion about all them white cops doing it - 3:1
This will turn into a race issue - 1:1

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: I'm in ()
Date: February 14, 2009 09:29AM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> Betting table
>
> One of them is fat - 8:1
> One of them has long acrylic or
> intricately-painted fingernails - 5:1
> There was a discussion about all them white cops
> doing it - 3:1
> This will turn into a race issue - 1:1

I'll put $500 on the fingernail odds.

Date: February 14, 2009 06:06PM

I think the funniest thing about this forum is that you people, who profess to hate and despise cops, come in here to bitch because you can't stop talking about them. You don't want cops? Move to Afghanistan and shut the hell up. Enjoy your new life, all five minutes of it.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: February 14, 2009 07:42PM

I think the funniest thing about this forum is that you people, who profess to hate and despise cops, come in here to bitch because you can't stop talking about them. You don't want cops? Move to Afghanistan and shut the hell up. Enjoy your new life, all five minutes of it.

mmmmmmm......bacon

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 15, 2009 03:09AM

Ha Wrote:
> I think the funniest thing about this forum is
> that you people, who profess to hate and despise
> cops, come in here to bitch because you can't stop
> talking about them. You don't want cops? Move to
> Afghanistan and shut the hell up. Enjoy your new
> life, all five minutes of it.

file.php?2,file=4701

there are cops in afganistan. people complain about cops because so many of them have a god/inferiority complex, they are immune to all laws and they give out tickets that everyone knows are complete bullshit just to make money for the county.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: ha ()
Date: February 15, 2009 09:01AM

Then move out of the county. And oh by the way I've talked to plenty of Fairfax cops-they don't have quotas. They give you a ticket because you do something stupid. And keep focusing on the ticket aspect of the job-they also are the first people to show up to your house with guns when someone is trying to rob/kill you. But by all means, focus on tickets.

Posted by: 5 card ()
Date: February 15, 2009 10:41AM

I got robbed at a poker game last night,
Thank God they didn't show up with guns a blazin. The may have killed an optometrist.

Date: February 15, 2009 12:26PM

Or you. I'm sure you'd be missed. Doubtful though.

Posted by: . ()
Date: February 15, 2009 01:54PM

5 card Wrote:
> I got robbed at a poker game last night,
> Thank God they didn't show up with guns a blazin.
> The may have killed a bookie and cocaine dealer.

Fixed that for you.

Posted by: In The Know ()
Date: February 15, 2009 09:16PM

Cops do have quotas. Not high enough numbers reflects on their performance evaluations. Maybe the word "quota" is misused but they are not stupid. You want a good performance rating (more %) you better have a good ticket writing number.

Police cheaters
Posted by: Rectumite ()
Date: February 15, 2009 09:29PM

While there are good and bad people in every profession, police departments have a stringent hiring process which is designed to weed out the applicants of questionable integrity. Employees of civilian firms need not jump through the same qualifying hoops.The police process while not infallible, allows for a better person being put into a uniform and behind the wheel of a police car,contrary to the beliefs of some posting on this site.
Often people rejected by such a process turn their resentment on the profession which rejected them, which may be what is happening here.

What should be very obvious to all and reflects positively on the fairfax county police department is the fact that it was brought to their attention by a member and investigated by the department.Let's wait and see how they handle it.
I bet they will fire some and demote others,which is the right and proper way to handle the situation.
Even an institution such as the Holy Catholic church handled a terrible situation immorally by transferring and hiding pedophile priests from investigating authorities.
While most politicians and religious leaders prove to us on a daily basis that they are not worthy of our respect,it is refreshing to know that the police in Fairfax County actually police themselves and continue to weed out those amongst them that do meet their standards.

Date: February 16, 2009 12:30PM

Very good points.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 16, 2009 08:19PM

ha Wrote:
> Then move out of the county. And oh by the way
> I've talked to plenty of Fairfax cops-they don't
> have quotas. They give you a ticket because you
> do something stupid. And keep focusing on the
> ticket aspect of the job-they also are the first
> people to show up to your house with guns when
> someone is trying to rob/kill you. But by all
> means, focus on tickets.

lol! oh yes, they are going to stop them. it's cliché but true: "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away"

this is of course unless they have been recruiting the right people.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540
Attachments:
supercop.jpg

Re: Police cheaters
Posted by: pumkinseed ()
Date: February 17, 2009 06:13AM

Give me a break! Police departments are famous for hiring relatives of cops, people with inside tracks (connections), etc. Ask yourself this - if the average cop wasn't on the force, what would they be doing? I'm sure that not many would be in professional jobs making the kind of money they do with the absurd benefits they get. Look, I respect police who truly look to protect the public, but they have morphed into "policing" the public, and they do so with arrogance that makes the average citizen resentful and fearful of the police that are supposed to protect them.

Posted by: conVince ()
Date: February 17, 2009 07:10AM

ha Wrote:
> And keep focusing on the
> ticket aspect of the job-they also are the first
> people to show up to your house with guns when
> someone is trying to rob/kill you.

Uhh, no. The second. Third if you include the robber/killer.

Posted by: Shorty ()
Date: February 17, 2009 08:08AM

Most cops today have college degrees, so I guess they can get into any field of work they want to.....maybe even "Pumpkinheads"? I think he is one of those guys
Rectumite spoke about....Seems he knows alot about their pay and benefits????

Posted by: Internal Affairs ()
Date: March 18, 2009 10:28PM

Those two cheating cops left the FCPD, one retired, and one resigned. I assume it was in lieu of firing.

Posted by: jim crow ()
Date: March 20, 2009 10:24PM

every one knows that cops are stoopid people that cant get real jobs and that cops have mental problems,the beat there wives.the only people that are dumber than cops are the weomen that marry them.

Posted by: Jimcrow? ()
Date: March 20, 2009 10:27PM

Did you graduate 3rd grade? You must have gone to school in SE D.C. nice spelling, Ha Ha Ha

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 21, 2009 12:53AM

A wiseperson told me once that cops were really crooks in uniform?

Posted by: disgusted resident ()
Date: June 30, 2009 10:28AM

I should know better than to post on a board like this, but I will vent anyway. I almost had my arm broken by a man who claimed to be a Fairfax County police officer, who pulled me to the curb outside his jurisdiction (it was in Fairfax City) to give me a ticket for not having a vehicle title in my glove compartment.

This man screamed at me to pull into a nearby parking lot, in the "dark corner in the back," to "settle the matter." I did not, instead pulling into a well-lit area around other people. He and his officer companion pulled me out of my car and slammed me against it, double-cuffing me and taking me to their wonderful detention facility.

I had to spend a night there among a group of thieves while waiting without due process (I had no access to an attorney) to get out of that awful place.

I would not be at all surprised if this guy still works there. Every time I see one of their vehicles, it gives me the absolute creeps.

By the way, I'm no crap==but a citizen of the county and a business professional. No matter, as one of their officers said, "you get no special treatment here."

Posted by: Cop ()
Date: June 30, 2009 10:39AM

You don't need the title you cock sucker only the registration. The title is held by the bank. You deserved what you got scum.

Posted by: Butt4 ()
Date: June 30, 2009 03:06PM

Cop Wrote:
> You don't need the title you cock sucker only the
> registration. The title is held by the bank. You
> deserved what you got scum.

oh, snap

btw - I've never heard of being arrested for not having your registration in your vehicle - unless when they ran the plates and perhaps the license of the driver - some problems popped up - which I'm guessing was the case

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: June 30, 2009 08:56PM

Just curious-what were the names? I mean surely you must have gotten that while you were fabricating this wonderful yarn. Because I would think you would know that you can't be taken to jail for not having a registration card in your car. Moron.

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: July 01, 2009 01:15AM

Gravis Wrote:
>
> there are cops in afganistan. people complain
> about cops because so many of them have a
> god/inferiority complex, they are immune to all
> laws and they give out tickets that everyone knows
> are complete bullshit just to make money for the
> county.

wow... everything i wanted to say, summed up pretty well.

Posted by: white bitch ()
Date: July 06, 2009 04:31PM

Fairfax county police are nothing but corrupt! That is every single one of them! They are no better than the people they arrest and in some case much worse. They are grimey SOB's.

Posted by: fuck fairfax ()
Date: July 06, 2009 04:39PM

The worst officers- WILSON she is so fkn stupid shes a joke to other officers, Giacco is a butt fuck, Bobel is a complete DICK. I could go on but these are the worst

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: July 06, 2009 09:32PM

hmmm the very fact that you are calling these officers out makes me think they are doin something right... hmmm, just calling them out w/o any instance of corruption sounds like sour grapes to me. At least if ur going to call out a cop, tell us why, how they wronged u by making u pour out ur beer

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: July 10, 2009 11:57AM

(1) Who polices the police?
(2) I suspect there are even fewer checks on criminals than there are on police. If everyone is armed, we might end up a polite society, or some of the less savory elements of our culture will decide the concept of Gjakmarrja (Albanian blood-feud) is one this country really needs. Let's roll the dice.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.