HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
high school sports surveys
Posted by: SLHS ()
Date: June 05, 2014 06:40PM

South Lakes emailed students and parents sports participant surveys the other day. I heard that they've used them at SoCo for awhile so before I submit mine I was wondering what other parent/players thought of them. Looking over the questions it appears that it would be easy for whoever is reading them to figure out who's submitting it, unless it's a sport like football with 60 on the roster.

So who reads them and what, if anything, do they do with the results?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: high school sports surveys
Posted by: Seriously? ()
Date: June 05, 2014 06:49PM

They wipe their asses with your comments as they laugh at you and your snowflakes.

Posted by: SLHS ()
Date: June 15, 2014 08:14PM

I am suprised you got one from SLHS , The admin at that school is really hard to deal with . They ignore emails , do not know the teachers names much less the kids.They are very defensive so basically i would just thow it in the trash and try and get out of that school as fast as possible.

Posted by: SL sports parent ()
Date: June 16, 2014 07:43AM

There is a culture problem with SL sports that starts with the DSA and runs through many of the athletes and their parents. The schools sports programs mostly suck and are therefore coached by rec league caliber coaches. Any coach who happens to be qualified and coaches there quickly realizes that they'll get no support from the admin and departs quickly, only to be replaced by another rec league coach or gym teacher.

The schools enrollment is growing and more underclassmen that have participated in higher level development programs to prepare them for high school sports are running into these rec caliber teams and coaches. They realize they can't get a coach fired on their own so they talk to other parents who are either resigned to Linda's indifference or don't want to see a coach fired because they fear a real coach with real expectations will cut their less then stellar student athlete. In many sports in that school making the varsity roster is more important for social status than actually achieving any success in that varsity sport.

To answer the OP's question, Kim the principal reads them and so does Linda the DSA. I've only had a few interactions with Kim but have found her generally responsive and aware of the issues with the athletics programs. Even though I have no doubt Linda will know which survey is mine I submitted it and let her know exactly what I thought of her and the coaching of the varsity team my kid plays for. Does anyone really think Linda will just get fired some day without any documentation for performance as DSA?

So you can take the 5 minutes to submit the sports survey even if all they do is wipe their asses with it or, as the above poster recommends, try to run away from the problems at that school and get your superstar athlete into a program at a different school that appreciates his/her talents.

Posted by: Survey says... ()
Date: July 03, 2014 12:56PM

SL fired varsity baseball and softball coaches after 9 and 10 win seasons (mediocre for most schools but considered good for SL). All the baseball families I know have been trying to get rid of Galvin for years. Pudge will be likely disappointed.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.