HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hayfield principal to retire for medical reasons
Posted by: Sad News ()
Date: June 01, 2014 08:07PM

Hayfield principal to retire for medical reasons
http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20140530/NEWS/140539817/1117/school-notes-hayfield-principal-to-retire-for-medical-reasons&template=fairfaxTimes

Hayfield Secondary principal to retire for medical reasons

Hayfield Secondary School principal Dave Tremaine is retiring, school officials announced in a letter to parents Tuesday.

Assistant superintendent Deborah Tyler said in the letter to the school’s families that Tremaine is leaving Hayfield for unspecified medical reasons. Tyler wrote that Tremaine has been “battling a medical condition for some time now while balancing the rigorous demands of principal.”

Tremaine has served as principal of the Alexandria school since 2010, and has worked in Fairfax County schools for more than 24 years.

Tracey Phillips, Hayfield’s associate principal, will serve as the interim principal while a new permanent principal is chosen, Tyler wrote.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hayfield principal to retire for medical reasons
Posted by: Dr Ruben ()
Date: June 02, 2014 07:14AM

Is pedophilia now considered a medical condition?

Posted by: Hawk ()
Date: June 02, 2014 08:11AM

Dr Ruben...I really hope that you aren't implying Mr. Tremaine is a pedophile! If so, you are an asshole. He is a good principal that is well respected by faculty, staff, students and the community. He is battling cancer and has been for several years.

Posted by: too low ()
Date: June 02, 2014 08:12AM

I think Dr. Ruben wins the Asshole Award for 2014.

Posted by: Bucsfan62 ()
Date: June 16, 2014 07:23PM

Ignorant asshole.....he passed away today.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: June 16, 2014 08:53PM

So sad that he retired two weeks ago and now he is gone. I can only imagine the hardship the past few years must have been as Dave quite literally worked up until his dying days. Dave was tremendously popular in the Hayfield community and a fantastic principal. My condolences to his family and the school.

Also interesting to note, he is the brother of the creator of the MTV hit series Jackass. Just thought I'd throw that in. While quite different lifestyles, he was always proud of his brother.

Posted by: hvyjn ()
Date: June 16, 2014 09:00PM

Hayfield Basketball Tweet: RIP to one of the best Principles to ever lead Hayfield. Mr. Tremaine was a great man, father and educator who bled Orange.

It is principal not principle, really Hayfield basketball? Honor an educator with that? Condolences to your school though, seemed like he had a positive impact on many students' lives.

Posted by: Fuckyouhvyjn ()
Date: June 16, 2014 09:40PM

You are a piece of shit. The students found out today at graduation practice. They were in a state of shock. I hope something bad happens to you when you should be celebrating. If you misspell something we will destroy you like you just did.

Posted by: ruben's a prick ()
Date: June 16, 2014 09:42PM

I think having to serve as principal at that "school" would kill even the strongest man.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: June 16, 2014 09:44PM

No need for that response. I agree that misspelling principal is pretty bad and I don't think it was a kid that did it, but the basketball coach. At least he ended the note nicely, no need to get mean.

Hayfield lost a great one. So sorry to hear the news happened during graduation rehearsal and I can only imagine what the graduation will be like tomorrow with the heavy hearts. Definitely a horrible way to graduate, but I am sure the principal would want everyone to celebrate and will be smiling down on y'all.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.