HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: façade enhancements ()
Date: May 29, 2014 08:04PM

Kings Park Shopping Center Community Meeting

Date: Thursday, May 29
Time: 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Location: Braddock Hall
9002 Burke Lake Rd.
Burke, VA 22015

Supervisor Cook will host a community meeting with a chance to ask questions about renovation of the Kings Park Shopping Center. Regency Centers recently had its site plan approved for the renovation and site work will begin in late May and will include the demolition of the Veterinary Clinic on Rolling Road. Giant Food will fully close during the month of June and common area improvements, including façade enhancements, repaving and a new patio area will begin in early July and should be complete in the October/November timeframe. The existing Giant will be demolished and expects to reopen in the Spring of 2015. Renderings are available in the Braddock Office for review.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: tacometer ()
Date: May 29, 2014 08:12PM

Hey... wasn't this shopping center renovated in 2003?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: myxT9 ()
Date: May 29, 2014 08:27PM

tacometer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey... wasn't this shopping center renovated in
> 2003?

Maybe they are trying to compete with the soon to come Ravensworth shopping ctr rennovation

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: NS 13 ()
Date: May 29, 2014 08:45PM

Ravensworth will always be better than Kings Park, We have Bazzanos and Kilroys.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: supporter ()
Date: May 31, 2014 12:58AM

Ravensworth is being renovated but being turned into an asian shopping center. I grew up in north springfield and friend said they're not renewing leases at the existing stores, including safeway.

THAT needed to be renovated, but the parking blunder at k.p. ... or lack thereof ... is where they majority screwed up.

A lot of popular, good places closed cuz of greedy adenoid raising leases.

Welcome to america

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: supporter ()
Date: May 31, 2014 01:00AM

Stupid auto correct....word should have been asshole but adenoid does fit

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: Janz ()
Date: June 20, 2014 08:13PM

Kings Park Shopping Center location closed, as of yesterday.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: tacometer ()
Date: February 26, 2015 01:06PM

Anyone seen the progress on Kings Park as of now? I would really like to know how it's going.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: tUhXM ()
Date: February 26, 2015 01:28PM

tacometer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone seen the progress on Kings Park as of now?
> I would really like to know how it's going.


Looked like they has the building mostly "up" a few weeks ago but much to be done. I'm sure someone who passes it regularly can give you a better description. It really looks like there isn't going to be anywhere near enough parking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: Geography Stickler ()
Date: February 26, 2015 03:10PM

tUhXM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tacometer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Anyone seen the progress on Kings Park as of
> now?
> > I would really like to know how it's going.
>
>
> Looked like they has the building mostly "up" a
> few weeks ago but much to be done. I'm sure
> someone who passes it regularly can give you a
> better description. It really looks like there
> isn't going to be anywhere near enough parking.


The building is still just the metal frame, with tarps for walls. It is not opening any time soon.

You are right about the parking, there is not enough to serve the tenants that are currently open.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: tacometer ()
Date: February 26, 2015 04:09PM

Geography Stickler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tUhXM Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > tacometer Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Anyone seen the progress on Kings Park as of
> > now?
> > > I would really like to know how it's going.
> >
> >
> > Looked like they has the building mostly "up" a
> > few weeks ago but much to be done. I'm sure
> > someone who passes it regularly can give you a
> > better description. It really looks like there
> > isn't going to be anywhere near enough parking.
>
>
> The building is still just the metal frame, with
> tarps for walls. It is not opening any time soon.
>
>
> You are right about the parking, there is not
> enough to serve the tenants that are currently
> open.

@Both: There will be new parking at the Rolling Road side of Giant, as well as the back of the store.

@Geography Stickler: As of right now, the latest photos of the Kings Park Giant (on the shopping center's Facebook) date from early January. When they were taken, the store was still a metal frame with brick walls on the back of the store. As of the last time I saw (weekend of February 7), I believe the walls looked in place, but still had that Tyvek-ish thing. Am I right?

Anyways, I predict it's gonna be open sometime in May/early June, in time for the summer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: Asian market... ()
Date: February 26, 2015 04:15PM

This will be a great place to go now that Ravensworth has gone the way of the Asian market...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: NOVA.Dude ()
Date: February 26, 2015 05:08PM

I hope they put in a burger place or a mattress store...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: Wally ()
Date: February 26, 2015 05:23PM

I am going to re-launch the Fortuna. Square pizza rules!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: Stores ()
Date: February 26, 2015 11:55PM

Kings Park is 100% leased, so no new stores for awhile. Management really took good care of the stores to help them survive the renovation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: T ()
Date: April 21, 2015 11:08AM

The exterior of the Giant is almost done, and I can see interior lighting is almost complete. What I WANT to see is an interior schematic so that I can see what they're doing. Will there be self checkouts? A pharmacy? A bigger produce section? I can't find anything on the Giant website.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: Shopper ()
Date: April 21, 2015 11:21AM

T Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The exterior of the Giant is almost done, and I
> can see interior lighting is almost complete.
> What I WANT to see is an interior schematic so
> that I can see what they're doing. Will there be
> self checkouts? A pharmacy? A bigger produce
> section? I can't find anything on the Giant
> website.


Just walk into any other newer Giant and you'll know what it is going to be like.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: I WANT to see ()
Date: April 21, 2015 12:30PM

T Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The exterior of the Giant is almost done, and I
> can see interior lighting is almost complete.
> What I WANT to see is an interior schematic so
> that I can see what they're doing. Will there be
> self checkouts? A pharmacy? A bigger produce
> section? I can't find anything on the Giant
> website.


will there be teabagging???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Date: April 21, 2015 04:15PM

T Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The exterior of the Giant is almost done, and I
> can see interior lighting is almost complete.
> What I WANT to see is an interior schematic so
> that I can see what they're doing. Will there be
> self checkouts? A pharmacy? A bigger produce
> section? I can't find anything on the Giant
> website.

Cool. Only if you got some photos, though.

Self checkouts - 100%, basically. Just about every recently built/renovated Giant has those.

Pharmacy - Not that sure. The place where the pharmacy would be (as of the newer-built Super Giants) has been taken up by some windows. CVS is also several doors down, so there might not be. Also, the latest newbuild Giant (Cathedral Commons, DC) has no pharmacy for the same reason. Until store plans are released/leaked or it opens, we'll have to see.

Bigger produce section - You betcha. I'm sure it will have one, unless it's just enlarging the store for a bigger backroom. Most likely not, though. :P

As for the store map, I'm not sure. The windows and entrances most likely derp up the newer Giant store layout, so we'll have to see. I wonder if it could also be something new or just a larger version of the old one. Some newer Giants have Starbucks, as well. Not sure if it will have it, as it's on the smaller spectrum of the newer newbuild Giants, and a Peet's Coffee and Tea is a few doors down.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: H Mart ()
Date: April 21, 2015 04:18PM

Are they putting in an H Mart? That's what I'm looking forward to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Date: April 21, 2015 04:24PM

H Mart Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are they putting in an H Mart? That's what I'm
> looking forward to.

They can't be. No space whatsoever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: crispy beef lover ()
Date: April 23, 2015 10:56AM

I just want to know when Hunan West will be opened back up. It's been closed for renovations the last couple months. Sign on the door says opening back in April, but doesn't look like they're making much progress inside.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Date: April 23, 2015 04:17PM

crispy beef lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just want to know when Hunan West will be opened
> back up. It's been closed for renovations the last
> couple months. Sign on the door says opening back
> in April, but doesn't look like they're making
> much progress inside.

I saw that it was to open up in June on the Kings Park Shopping Center's FB page.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: ...anon ()
Date: April 23, 2015 04:36PM

According to the manager of the Burke village Giant, the new KP Giant will NOT have a pharmacy, which is the reason they will not close the BV Giant (which DOES have a pharmacy).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Date: May 07, 2015 04:56PM

...anon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to the manager of the Burke village
> Giant, the new KP Giant will NOT have a pharmacy,
> which is the reason they will not close the BV
> Giant (which DOES have a pharmacy).

Makes sense, with the CVS a couple doors down (the actual reason why it won't).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: DW ()
Date: May 24, 2015 07:34AM

BV Giant is closing mid-late June. Prescriptions being sent to Burke Center Pkwy Giant. Bad news

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kings Park Shopping Center News
Posted by: Chinese is Back ()
Date: May 24, 2015 10:38PM

Hunan West reopened this week. Looks all new inside.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  ********    *******    ******   ******** 
 ***   ***  **     **  **     **  **    **  **       
 **** ****  **     **  **     **  **        **       
 ** *** **  ********    ********  **        ******   
 **     **  **                **  **        **       
 **     **  **         **     **  **    **  **       
 **     **  **          *******    ******   **       
This forum powered by Phorum.