HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FAIRFAX LEASE AGREEMENT
Posted by: Hanmi1029 ()
Date: May 27, 2014 09:38PM

Three of my roomate and I are renting a basement in Fairfax (Single House), and our lease is almost over (June 1) and our landlord is trying to sue us for all the damages.

BUT all the damages were made from people who are renting upstiars. (upstairs are rented by 4-5 different people).

I never did made any damages but people from upstairs threw huge parties and they came downstairs and broke some stuffs.

and she is also lying about some stuff.

What I am worried about is can she sue us with false lease agreement?

I know some BASIC lease agreement laws but I am not totally sure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FAIRFAX LEASE AGREEMENT
Posted by: Oh Boy... ()
Date: May 27, 2014 11:40PM

Well, it would help if you had a better grasp of the English language. In any case, this would seem to be an illegal living situation in Fairfax County. No more than four unrelated adults can occupy a single dwelling in Fairfax. This sounds like a flop house, and I doubt your landlord will sue you under the circumstances.

Nothing good can come from seven or more young guys living in the same home. I can only imagine how much you all tore up that place. But I don't feel a whole lot of sympathy for the landlord since he/she knowingly inflicted you on the neighbors.

Bottom line...if your landlord has any sense whatsoever, they will not want to bring this situation to the attention of the housing authorities. In other words, quit worrying.

Posted by: ..... ()
Date: May 27, 2014 11:42PM

8 people in one house. How is that legal?

We have a bunch of fuckheads like you living in the house across from ours. We're actually in the process of moving because there are 8 fucking cars for that one house taking up the whole cul de sac.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: May 28, 2014 10:35AM

You should be living in a tent out in the desert, herding goats.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: May 28, 2014 11:19AM

This sounds like a troll post. However if it is serious:

Anyone can sue. Winning is another matter. For about $50 you can talk with a lawyer through one of the local lawyer referral services, and they can give you advice based on the facts of your particular situation. You do need to be honest with the lawyer and have all of the relevant documents available to get the maximum advantage of that consult.

Posted by: let the county fix it for you ()
Date: May 28, 2014 11:23AM

Make an anonymous complaint to Code Compliance about the number of people in the house, the landlord will be in so much trouble he'll forget all about the lawsuit.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 28, 2014 11:27AM

Save your $50.

If you haven't been served with papers, the LL is probably blowing smoke up your ass to get you to accomodate him.

Legally you are responsible for the area that you leased, and you were responsible for NOT letting a buncha other dick splashes destroy that area.

If you go to court (unlikely) you are probably responsible, the only point of contention is how much.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: May 28, 2014 12:48PM

let the county fix it for you Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Make an anonymous complaint to Code Compliance
> about the number of people in the house, the
> landlord will be in so much trouble he'll forget
> all about the lawsuit.

Seconded.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.