HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
All in the family...
Posted by: Meathead ()
Date: May 25, 2014 10:20PM

Easily one of the best shows ever created, here's a few of Archie Bunker's gems:

"All in the Family: Meet the Bunkers (#1.1)" (1971)
Archie Bunker: Now wait a minute, Meathead, you said that, not me. I never said your black beauties was lazy. It's just their systems is geared a little slower than the rest of us.
Mike Stivic: Archie...
Archie Bunker: You don't believe me, look it up.
Gloria Stivic: He's prejudiced, there's no hope for him. No hope at all.
Archie Bunker: I'm not prejudiced, any man deserves my respect and he's gonna get it irregardless of his color.
Mike Stivic: Then what are you calling them names like black beauties for?
Archie Bunker: Now that's where I got you, mister liberal, because there's a black guy who works down at the building with me, he's got a bumper sticker on his car that says 'Black is Beautiful', huh, so what's the matter with black beauties?
Edith Bunker: It's nicer than when he called them coons.

Archie Bunker: I stopped in the gent's room the other day, so help me there was a man in there with a ponytail. My heart nearly turned over, I thought I was in the wrong toilet.

Archie Bunker: If your spics and your spades want their rightful share of the American dream, let 'em get out there and hustle for it like I done.
Mike Stivic: So now you're going to tell me the black man has just as must chance as the white man to get a job?
Archie Bunker: More, he has more... I didn't have no million people marchin' and protestin' to get me my job.
Edith Bunker: No, his uncle got it for him.

Archie Bunker: Back in my day, they wasn't called Chicanos or Anglo-Americans or Afro-Americans, we was all Americans so if a guy was a jig or a spick, it was his own business.

Leave your favorite Bunker or George Jefferson quote.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.