HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Go figure, more Metro woes....
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 06, 2009 12:40PM

It's a good thing they're extending Metro out to Dulles, maybe it'll be here in time for this new genius idea to close the system at 10PM on weeknights.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=596&sid=1594578

I mean really? What's the point of having public transit if you're just gonna make it less accessible? I sure hope the Nats are able to finish their games early this season, cuz I can't imagine where all those people are gonna park if they can't take the train. Same thing for hockey and b-ball.

I can only hope that this is some sort of scare tactic from those fine folks over at WMATA, some kind of game of chicken to FINALLY get a dedicated funding source from the region (eg. the way it works EVERYWHERE else in the country)... but with the economy in the tank, it's probably a lost cause.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Go figure, more Metro woes....
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: February 06, 2009 01:07PM

"Closing entrances to some Metro stations to save on staffing costs. "

Or just leave the bimbo bubbles empty and leave the entrances open. I reported a station fire to one of these people and she didn't care. Useless anyway, may as well just remove them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2009 01:07PM by pgens.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 06, 2009 01:55PM

I've noticed an improvement in attitude among the station managers over the past few years, and I'll attribute that to the new management. A couple years ago I had one act like a real dick after I asked a simple question about a broken card reader- it was the only time I've written a complaint to Metro.

So while they seem a bit friendlier and more helpful nowadays, they are pretty much a waste. Especially for the salaries they make, which I heard are pretty high given the work they do and the skills needed to perform the job.

Posted by: ian ()
Date: February 06, 2009 02:20PM

People are going to be jumping the turnstiles they will need to fortify the entrences like in New York.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: February 06, 2009 02:56PM

pgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bimbo bubbles

Classic.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Neen ()
Date: February 08, 2009 01:41AM

Don't worry. The metro to Dulles won't be ready for decades.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.