HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Jonathan Barbee
Posted by: Concerned Frost Parent ()
Date: April 03, 2014 12:11AM

Does anyone know of a 30+ year old man named Jonathan Barbee? He is always at my gym playing with young boys on the basketball court. It seems like he spends an awful lot of time around preteen boys. I've heard that he coaches local youth basketball teams - I would be very cautious of letting my child play basketball for a 30 some year old man who apparently lives with his parents and doesn't seem to have any friends his own age.

I don't know the man personally, and I don't care of his sexuality but it seems very strange that he hasn't been brought up on this forum - or that he seems to have unsupervised access with young boys. I'm not saying he's Jerry Sandusky, but you never know.

Hopefully I'm just being an overprotected mother but none the less I'm concerned.

Please provide any insight you may have.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jonathan Barbee
Posted by: Please don't post here ()
Date: April 03, 2014 12:38AM

Please take you're winery elsewhere.

This not the apprised place to complain about what pisses you off.

FairfaxUnderground.com was originaly created in 1999 to alert Fairfax County about the dangers of Y2K.

It was later bought out and turned into the information power-house that it is now.

Posted by: are you sure of his name? ()
Date: April 03, 2014 10:44AM

there is a varsity basketball coach at Fairfax but he is named MIKE Barbee. His father, Rod Barbee, is the JV basketball coach. Mike Barbee is in the age range you mentioned. I don't think he's married and have no idea as to his sexual preferences.

Posted by: if you are REALLY concerned ()
Date: April 03, 2014 12:38PM

you should ask more questions about WHY this person is always at your school, as you claim. I *think* you are talking about the man that is a teacher at Fairfax High School and their current varsity basketball coach. Although, I think your original post didn't really highlight anything to truly be concerned about. On the other hand, there have been some whispers where he currently coaches about some of his behavior around the players, so maybe you are actually spot on.

Posted by: Call the Police! ()
Date: April 03, 2014 12:38PM

Pusssy helicopter tiger mother...

You don't know a single thing about this person, but feel free to make unwarranted accusations. My God, a person in his 30's playing basketball with kids?

How about getting your gormless husband off his ass and playing basketball with your Hitler youth.

Posted by: Unbelievable ()
Date: April 03, 2014 12:52PM

You're slandering Jon Barbee, the brother of Mike Barbee who is the Varsity coach at Fairfax.

Jon is a gentle, harmless soul unlike you Frost mom. Keep your nosy, paranoid thoughts to yourself.

This is example A of why the stress level at Frost/WTW is through the roof: snowplow moms in between lattes who pretend not to notice their husbands have been ignoring them for years so they put their time and energy towards their demon seed little snowflakes...

Posted by: calm down ()
Date: April 03, 2014 12:59PM

OP didn't say anything slanderous about anyone. She simply stated her observations. Personally, I think MOST people around here are WAY TOO uptight and need to CALM THE F DOWN.

Posted by: Quotable quote ()
Date: April 03, 2014 01:45PM

"Demon seed little snowflake."

good one...

Posted by: MbNW4 ()
Date: April 03, 2014 01:49PM

hold a glass of wine if your not a gov worker ?

phhhh. they'll arrest you

drunk inront of kids, drunk in public, drunk driving, purchasing after midnight, no alch. license, not of FS, displayed label, on and on

you should know only a gov worker can hold a glass of wine without a restraining order filed. clearly life is only for them

Posted by: Aged Crone ()
Date: April 03, 2014 02:58PM

OP didn't say anything slanderous about anyone. She simply stated her observations. Personally, I think MOST people around here are WAY TOO uptight and need to CALM THE F DOWN.

Personally, I think you're a pedophile, but I'm not actually saying anything slanderous...just an obserevation.

Posted by: Runs in the family? ()
Date: April 03, 2014 02:59PM

Any relation to Klaus Barbee, the master killer of Lyon C?

Posted by: Crest ()
Date: April 03, 2014 03:03PM

I've also thought it was inappropriate but since there have never been any allegations made I guess I haven't felt the need to question it.

His older brother does coach at Fairfax high school along with his father, but Jonathan continues to stay close to Frost/Woodson - I believe the term is grooming?

Just because there haven't been any charges against him doesn't mean he's never been inappropriate with younger boys. It's the world we live in. Guilty until innocent

Posted by: Creeper ()
Date: April 04, 2014 12:43AM

sounds like a pedophile

Posted by: agreed ()
Date: April 04, 2014 12:05PM

hide yo children otherwise they will have an enlarged butthole

Posted by: are you serious? ()
Date: April 04, 2014 12:29PM

why hasn't 'Concerned Frost Parent' returned to this thread? I don't know this Jonathan Barbee person, but are you all honestly saying that you think he is a pedophile?

Posted by: really dude ()
Date: April 05, 2014 12:59AM

sounds like a butt pirate

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: April 05, 2014 09:08AM

This is disgusting. Attacking a youth sports volunteer who enjoys coaching basketball through the internet anonymously is shit. Did he beat you in a basketball game, is he not playing your son enough, or something? The state of youth leagues in general in this area are a joke and a large part of the reason is quality people don't want to put up with stakeholders like this ass.

Posted by: Grammar Nazi ()
Date: April 05, 2014 09:44AM

steve k2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Attacking a youth sports
> volunteer who enjoys coaching basketball through
> the internet anonymously is shit.

"a youth sports volunteer who enjoys coaching basketball through the internet anonymously"? How does someone coach basketball anonymously over the internet?

You must write for the Washington Post.

Posted by: Sawing Logs ()
Date: April 05, 2014 12:38PM

"Concerned Frost Parent" is an active pedophile trying to deflect attention away from himself.

Posted by: JustThinkBeforeHand ()
Date: April 05, 2014 01:15PM

To the OP, I am a mother of 3 sons who play sports as well. If you have concerns about a man playing and coaching, wouldn't it have been better to not mention the man's name? You have no clue about him, as you pointed out yourself...why on earth would you state his name on this public forum? That is very rude of you, even if you thought for sure he was doing something wrong.

Posted by: Outrageous ()
Date: April 05, 2014 01:24PM

^ +1000

Posted by: Concerned Frost Parent ()
Date: April 05, 2014 05:08PM

I have heard lots of speculation and rumors regarding him. Could I not used his name, yes, but I think sports leagues should do better background checks into the volunteer coaches they allow.

He apparently coaches for multiple leagues, many parents wonder about him when I sit in the bleachers watching games that my son plays in against his teams.

I think that if/when it comes out that he maintains inappropriate relationships with children (grooming), I will not be surprised and I'm sure that the people on this website will bash him.

Posted by: Mom of 3 Boys ()
Date: April 07, 2014 12:52PM

He coached my child for a spring league about 5 years ago and I was at every game, spent a lot of time around children but didn't think much of it at the time.

Not sure why he still coach teenage boys basketball, most would coach AAU or high school so you don't coach new kids every season. I too go to Life Time Fitness and he's always playing with kids. Not sure if he's a pedophile, I'd hope not because he seems to love coaching kid's basketball teams.

Posted by: help me understand ()
Date: April 07, 2014 01:04PM

so, from what I can gather from reading these posts, basically the OP and a few of the other posters are saying simply because this man coaches youth boys basketball, he MUST be a pedophile - right? because NONE OF YOU have offered up any REASONABLE statements that would support your supposed Spidey Sense that is telling you that something is wrong with him. Y'all need to get a life - this is precisely why it is almost impossible to find people willing to give up their free time and volunteer to coach or be involved in youth sports. Y'all really need to get a life.

Posted by: Scarlet Letter ()
Date: April 07, 2014 02:51PM

Concerned Frost parent, you are one particularly cowardly and egregious fucktard.

So how much time do YOU spend in the bleachers, watching those saucy young boys cavorting on the field?

Posted by: Eric pavord ()
Date: March 04, 2016 07:24PM

Barbee taught me the game. I've known the man and been coached by him for over five years. I've never been or felt threatened or uncomfortable around him at all. He's one of the nicest persons I've met in my life and only means well. Seriously one of the most genuine and sincere man I've met. You should meet him before posting some ridiculous post that could destroy the man's career.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.