HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: Gassy Gus ()
Date: April 02, 2014 10:41PM

I got an offer in the mail from Washington Gas to lock in at a rate of .072c per therm for one or two years.

That rate is less than I've been paying the last few months but I have to wonder if they expect prices to drop in the future.

Any opinions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: cheap gas ahead ()
Date: April 02, 2014 10:50PM

FRACK ON BABY! Don't lock in!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: DooNut ()
Date: April 02, 2014 10:55PM

My Wash Gas bill this past month charged at $1.04 per therm. Ouch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: Ener Gee ()
Date: April 03, 2014 04:18AM

Get a heat pump and only use gas when it gets below 20 degrees outside. I have saved soooooo much money since I did that 6 years ago.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: 6D2 ()
Date: April 03, 2014 06:09AM

Get a heat pump and only use gas when it gets below 20 degrees outside. I have saved soooooo much money since I did that 6 years ago.
>>>>>>>>

Yeah, I'll only use my gas stove, water heater and clothes dryer when it's below 20. Great advice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: Emer Greedy ()
Date: April 03, 2014 08:18AM

On the other hand, my water pipes burst.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: ????? ()
Date: April 03, 2014 08:45AM

6D2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Get a heat pump and only use gas when it gets
> below 20 degrees outside. I have saved soooooo
> much money since I did that 6 years ago.
> >>>>>>>>
>
> Yeah, I'll only use my gas stove, water heater and
> clothes dryer when it's below 20. Great advice.


You are one of those morons that bought a gas clothes dryer. You are fucking retarded.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: gasman ()
Date: April 03, 2014 09:20AM

Gassy Gus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got an offer in the mail from Washington Gas to
> lock in at a rate of .072c per therm for one or
> two years.
>
> That rate is less than I've been paying the last
> few months but I have to wonder if they expect
> prices to drop in the future.
>
> Any opinions?

I added up my last 12 months of gas bills and averaged it. It was lower then their lock in rate. Did you really need a thread for this? Simple math.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: The.Questioner ()
Date: April 03, 2014 09:59AM

Do you not know anything about negotiation?

You're fucking sitting around...the thought of locking the price you're paying for gas is the FURTHEST FUCKING thing from your mind...then, without warning Washington Gas mails you an offer. It's an offer that THEY made. An offer that THEY researched. You're probably one of those motherfuckers that walks into a car dealership, threatens to walk out and then when the salesperson "comes back after shaking down the boss"...offers you $1,000 discount and you just fucking JUMP on that shit, don't you?!?!?! But then you have second thoughts as you are driving away and you see all the salesmen smoking cigarettes in the alley laughing...laughing...at you.

Control your destiny, motherfucker...and do your own research! Study natural gas futures. Know the market better than Washington Gas does. Then, when you think you've gathered enough knowledge to support a price which is lower than what they've offered, call them up.

Take their offer and tell them you're willing to pay half. In case you can't do math, in which case you're likely gonna' get fucked again...that's 0.036. Now they'll likely laugh and you go right ahead and give them their fun. That's your jumping off point...then you negotiate slowly up to the figure you've carefully researched.

Winning...you can thank me later and by me a warm beer at Kilroy's sometime. Maybe I'll take you home on my AMF Harley and then peg you in the ass with my strap-on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: hahahaha ()
Date: April 03, 2014 10:08AM

The.Questioner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you not know anything about negotiation?
>
> You're fucking sitting around...the thought of
> locking the price you're paying for gas is the
> FURTHEST FUCKING thing from your mind...then,
> without warning Washington Gas mails you an offer.
> It's an offer that THEY made. An offer that THEY
> researched. You're probably one of those
> motherfuckers that walks into a car dealership,
> threatens to walk out and then when the
> salesperson "comes back after shaking down the
> boss"...offers you $1,000 discount and you just
> fucking JUMP on that shit, don't you?!?!?! But
> then you have second thoughts as you are driving
> away and you see all the salesmen smoking
> cigarettes in the alley laughing...laughing...at
> you.
>
> Control your destiny, motherfucker...and do your
> own research! Study natural gas futures. Know the
> market better than Washington Gas does. Then, when
> you think you've gathered enough knowledge to
> support a price which is lower than what they've
> offered, call them up.
>
> Take their offer and tell them you're willing to
> pay half. In case you can't do math, in which case
> you're likely gonna' get fucked again...that's
> 0.036. Now they'll likely laugh and you go right
> ahead and give them their fun. That's your jumping
> off point...then you negotiate slowly up to the
> figure you've carefully researched.
>
> Winning...you can thank me later and by me a warm
> beer at Kilroy's sometime. Maybe I'll take you
> home on my AMF Harley and then peg you in the ass
> with my strap-on.

Man you are one funny motherfucker... Blowing a gasket of a simple question. Let me guess, you woke up thing morning and your life still fucking sucks.

Thanks for the good laugh though, anybody that hangs out a Kilroy's must be experts in futures trading of commodities.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: Ener Gee ()
Date: April 03, 2014 12:13PM

6D2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Get a heat pump and only use gas when it gets
> below 20 degrees outside. I have saved soooooo
> much money since I did that 6 years ago.
> >>>>>>>>
>
> Yeah, I'll only use my gas stove, water heater and
> clothes dryer when it's below 20. Great advice.


You need to get rid of that gas stove it dumps the products of combustion into your home. Water heater heat pumps are awesome and they keep your basement cool and dry all summer. Be smart about energy use.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: jkbsjkdfs ()
Date: April 03, 2014 01:16PM

The.Questioner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you not know anything about negotiation?
>
>
> Winning...you can thank me later and by me a warm
> beer at Kilroy's sometime. Maybe I'll take you
> home on my AMF Harley and then peg you in the ass
> with my strap-on.


You are a chick? You sound hot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: al gore faggot ()
Date: April 03, 2014 01:19PM

Ener Gee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 6D2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Get a heat pump and only use gas when it gets
> > below 20 degrees outside. I have saved soooooo
> > much money since I did that 6 years ago.
> > >>>>>>>>
> >
> > Yeah, I'll only use my gas stove, water heater
> and
> > clothes dryer when it's below 20. Great
> advice.
>
>
> You need to get rid of that gas stove it dumps the
> products of combustion into your home. Water
> heater heat pumps are awesome and they keep your
> basement cool and dry all summer. Be smart about
> energy use.


Fuck your heat pump and electric stove.

My house will warm up from 60 to 75 in 15 minutes, lets see your heat pump do that. Oh yeah my furnace is cheaper to run too. My grill has a gas line going to it, no need to refill tanks.

GAS FTW! FUCK Heat pumps and electric stove faggots.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: Ne6vk ()
Date: April 03, 2014 01:36PM

a) get a gov job

b) rub hands together real fast

c) marry a wg exec's daughter

d) do brazilian butt program

e) pay gov workers a loan of $40,000 for edumacation then find out your job went to a dumb ass who's connected, and die in a tent cause your broke

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: FNchv ()
Date: April 03, 2014 01:36PM

f) there's no F's anymore. it's politically crrect !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: orb ()
Date: April 03, 2014 03:47PM

the gf and I do the locked in program and so far after a full year, it has not bit us in the ass yet. WE vote yes for it unless anyone else has hard evidence that it isn't smart

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: e9ncP ()
Date: April 03, 2014 09:18PM

if there's not F's new students won't know to feel it's a words so they'll feel the worst about D's obvisouly

FCPS psychopaths. take out the F, D is still the worst to the incoming. grades aren't for executive psychopaths. they're for students. and it's crappy teachers than ever made a kid cry about an F. psychopaths

...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: louderthanhell ()
Date: April 16, 2014 01:14AM

Wash Gas is a major rip off.
Call their customer service and you get a kid in Bangladesh.
But look at their top management and you get guys going on 8 week vacations and buying private islands.

We can call the Virginia Utility Commission and complain about Wash Gas, and we should. The Comission is at 800-552-7945.
Are they a watchdog agency or a they in bed with Wash Gas? Anyone know ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: UhPC4 ()
Date: April 16, 2014 05:22PM

washington my butt

i think it's from MD which has an LNG farm claiming to be largest in world tanks (all foreing LNG i hear though usa has plenty?) and owned by energy consortiums

it's leaking they say on the financial papers much goes un-accounted for

got any gum ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: 6ny3x ()
Date: April 16, 2014 05:27PM

hey if you have any energy solutions call me !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washington Gas - offer to lock in price. Good deal or not?
Posted by: DanielLee5 ()
Date: September 15, 2021 01:52AM

I wouldn't refuse from such an offer now, but seems like nobody is going to suggest me such a deal huh. I heard many times that clients receive offers like this (here are the Washington Gas reviews https://washington-gas.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html ), but personally I never received it.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2021 08:45AM by DanielLee5.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **    **  **    **   *******   **     **  ********  
 ***   **  ***   **  **     **  **     **  **     ** 
 ****  **  ****  **  **     **  **     **  **     ** 
 ** ** **  ** ** **   ********  *********  ********  
 **  ****  **  ****         **  **     **  **        
 **   ***  **   ***  **     **  **     **  **        
 **    **  **    **   *******   **     **  **        
This forum powered by Phorum.