HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Director of Unlicensed Day care charged with abusing children
Posted by: The Neighborhood Watch! ()
Date: March 25, 2014 12:08PM

Manassas day care director charged with abusing children
http://www.insidenova.com/news/crime_police/manassas-day-care-director-charged-with-abusing-children/article_5745ffc6-b37c-11e3-b2b9-001a4bcf887a.html

The director of an unlicensed Manassas-area day care has been charged with abusing two children in her care.

Police and social services received an anonymous tip Feb. 26 that children were being abused at S.M.I.L.E. Day Care at 7171 New Market Court, said Prince William police spokesman Jonathan Perok.

After a joint investigation, police on March 21 charged Arousha Shahin, 39, of Jacobs Creek Place in Haymarket, with two counts each of assault and battery and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, Perok said.

Police allege Shahin “violently yanked” the hair of a 5-year-old girl and assaulted a 6-year-old boy in her care.

On LinkedIn, Shahin lists herself as president of S.M.I.L.E., and described it as a “sensory motor based” preschool and pre-kindergarten.

The day care was not licensed, according to state records,

Shahin was held on $10,000 bond. No court date has been set.

Her arrest comes four months after InsideNoVa.com and Prince William Today uncovered allegations of ongoing abuse at the Minnieland at the Glen day care center outside Lake Ridge. Two day care providers are now awaiting trial for allegedly abusing children in a toddler class there for more than six months.

Arousha Shahin, 39, of Jacobs Creek Place in Haymarket, is charged with two counts each of assault and battery and contributing to the delinquency of a minor in connection with alleged assaults at her day care center.
Attachments:
53307091cbfab_preview-300.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Director of Unlicensed Day care charged with abusing children
Posted by: Y7Pwe ()
Date: March 29, 2014 09:02PM

For home daycare, you have to be licenses now, right?

Posted by: Day Scare ()
Date: March 29, 2014 11:02PM

For home daycare, you have to be licenses now, right?

For write on this board, you have to write English now, right?

Posted by: jnbri ()
Date: March 30, 2014 05:04AM

I would like to hear more of the facts on both sides. I went to a workshop this woman conducted at a conference for parents & teachers of special needs children and I found her very knowledgeable and professional, so this story was a shock. I'm not saying there's no truth to the accusations, but people do get falsely accused for whatever reason and I'd like to see more facts in these articles before jumping I conclude for myself.

Posted by: jnbri ()
Date: March 30, 2014 05:05AM

Also News 4 reported the other day that this daycare closed in March, NOT because of the allegations, but because the family discovered that they did not have the proper licensing. hmmmmmm

Posted by: I use Unlicensed ()
Date: March 30, 2014 05:37AM

So what there are tons of unlicensed daycare to include babysitters, grandparents. Folks will continue to use them because they are cheaper and some works just as good as licensed. Licensing is just bullshit and add more cost. Children get abused in licensed just as well, so licensing don't prevent abuse.

Hell even you parents abuse your own kids and the only break they get from abuse is in daycare.

Posted by: Somethings not right here ()
Date: March 30, 2014 07:24AM

i would want to see more info than this, from my own investigation on the web looking at other news reports of this leads me to believe all the facts are not there.

this woman was an established provider and was part of family business doing this for years in the community. something is up here...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.