HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
NVCC->UVA
Posted by: Brown Dude ()
Date: March 12, 2014 04:48PM

Has anybody transferred from NoVa to UVA under the guaranteed admission? How was the transition? What was your GPA when you graduated? How difficult was the Econ program?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NVCC->UVA
Posted by: UVAkidd ()
Date: March 12, 2014 07:25PM

3.8. easy transition. some classes didn't transfer. made it up without any time loss. dont know about econ.

Date: March 13, 2014 10:07PM

Nice.

Anyone else?

Posted by: UVAYouVirginia ()
Date: March 13, 2014 10:09PM

Just avoid GMU, whenever I go to a small, shopping center, chipotle, or any where pretty social, and see someone wearing a GMU shirt, sweatshirt, etc, they always act like a complete dumbass, i'm talking like highschool 2.0 dumbass...it never fails. So many failures at life i see there. Have fun if you get into UVA, one of the best universities in Virginia

Posted by: White Dude ()
Date: March 13, 2014 10:20PM

Don't worry about it, Brown Dude. Your GPA will not matter. You will succeed thanks to Affirmative Action.

Posted by: Redneck Sighting ()
Date: March 13, 2014 10:56PM

^ I was wondering how long it would take one of you assholes to say that.

Posted by: Rockhound ()
Date: March 13, 2014 10:58PM

UVAYouVirginia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just avoid GMU, whenever I go to a small, shopping
> center, chipotle, or any where pretty social, and
> see someone wearing a GMU shirt, sweatshirt, etc,
> they always act like a complete dumbass, i'm
> talking like highschool 2.0 dumbass...it never
> fails. So many failures at life i see there. Have
> fun if you get into UVA, one of the best
> universities in Virginia

So you see a few douchebags wearing GMU shirts and write off the entire university?

Date: March 14, 2014 10:20AM

Nothing against GMU, but I don't really want to stay here for 4 years. Need to get out of the Northern Virginia Area.

But the reason why I am asking is because I know that NOVA and UVA have a guarantee agreement. A person needs only a need a 3.4(Which is completely easy at NOVA) to transfer to UVA. Assuming all goes well and I get a 4.0, I don't want to be one of those kids who transfers and get like a 2.0 at UVA. Because logically speaking, UVA’s academics are designed for people who are the smartest in the State/Nation. So basically, as a kid from NOVA who transfers after two years, it is logically going to be a difficultly transition because of the academics of UVA and their Economics Program and the easiness of NOVA.
How will NOVA, in essence prepare me for the transition?

Posted by: German_the_Dean1 ()
Date: March 14, 2014 12:55PM

If you keep a 3.4 you will be prepared. There is a reason they have the guaranteed admission. They feel that if you are capable of keeping a 3.4 you will be prepared.

You will find that the classes tend to use the same texts and have the same curriculum as UVA. The difference is in the caliber of professors and the caliber of your peers.

Beware though if you've never taken a college course. A college 3.4 is a lot more difficult to get than a high school 3.4 especially in the company of NVCC students who tend to not be as serious about their studies as UVA students.

Posted by: It's Up To You ()
Date: March 14, 2014 01:33PM

The primary variable here is you, not the schools (assuming you are reasonably intelligent). Why are you going to NVCC - because you perceive that it's easy (bad assumption), because of financial constraints, because you want or need to stay close to home,...? Did you work hard in high school and did you do well? Are willing to put in what it takes to succeed in college? Are you more interested in partying than studying? Only you can answer these questions.

If you're just looking for an 'easy' two years at NVCC before you transfer to a 'real' school, then UVA may not be for you. In fact, NVCC might not be for you, either.

Posted by: Agree ()
Date: March 14, 2014 11:49PM

^ Very much agree with this. Just make sure ur prepared to study and do whatever it takes to keep your GPA in good shape. and White Dude, dont get mad just cuz someone wants to succeed more than you and is willing to work hard. Go to GMU, perfect place for ignorant immature dumbfucks who believe that the area around GMU, is the entire world, and the 'fairfax connection' is equivalent to getting a guarenteed job with 6 figures...typical dumbass and dreamer

Date: March 15, 2014 01:10AM

^
Jesus fuckin' Christ. You definitely did not go to college, you dumb twat. You just throw in commas where ever the fuck you want?

Learn English and then come back.

Posted by: The Trooth ()
Date: March 15, 2014 01:57AM

German_the_Dean1 Wrote:
> If you keep a 3.4 you will be prepared. There is a
> reason they have the guaranteed admission. They
> feel that if you are capable of keeping a 3.4 you
> will be prepared.
>
> You will find that the classes tend to use the
> same texts and have the same curriculum as UVA.
> The difference is in the caliber of professors and
> the caliber of your peers.
>
> Beware though if you've never taken a college
> course. A college 3.4 is a lot more difficult to
> get than a high school 3.4 especially in the
> company of NVCC students who tend to not be as
> serious about their studies as UVA students.

The real NVCC students are much more serious than the average UVA student. They want it more.

Posted by: CW4FC ()
Date: March 15, 2014 01:23PM

You can also only get 2 (or maybe 3) C's and no D's or F's. And there are a couple other factors as well (such as must get AA within 30 months). Each school has different criteria regarding NOVA's transfers. UVA and W&M have some of the toughest. But you don't have to worry about SAT scores or some long boring essaty if you go this route.

Date: March 15, 2014 02:24PM

You all are faggots, I went to GMU, and im doing, just fine. I work at an automechanic shop in centreville, and im getting paid more than you 'top tier' college faggots will ever make in a lifetime. I'm also holding a 1.6 GPA, the best in the nation, and my ex-girlfriend got fucked by a BBC Cock, so whenever I try to fuck her, she always, always, looks unamused, and it feels like im fucking an opened extra large zip-lock bag, im living the dream

#Rest in peace Paul walker, my god

Posted by: Agree ()
Date: March 15, 2014 02:26PM

White Dude Wrote:
> ^
> Jesus fuckin' Christ. You definitely did not go to
> college, you dumb twat. You just throw in commas
> where ever the fuck you want?
>
> Learn English and then come back.

I got into UVA, you typical dumb GMU low life

Posted by: Der ()
Date: March 15, 2014 02:31PM

You may be alble to transfer fron NVCC to UVA but good luck keeping up with students out of high school that got all A's.

Posted by: Yellow Dude ()
Date: March 15, 2014 03:26PM

UVAkidd Wrote:
> 3.8. easy transition. some classes didn't
> transfer. made it up without any time loss. dont
> know about econ.

I think he's talking about how hard was the coursework at UVA and whether you felt NOVA prepared him for it. It's probably very different for each major. There are some soft majors within business.

Posted by: Brown DUde ()
Date: March 15, 2014 06:07PM

I haven't really done that well in High school due to many personal reasons. I know that the road to UVA is not going to be an easy one. I'll have to work hard no matter which way I go-no doubt about it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.