HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Asians and Yard Maintenance
Posted by: asian invasion ()
Date: March 13, 2012 08:25AM

I had a neighbor who moved out last year. She kept her yard (~1/2 acre) beautiful - she was older, so she mostly hired a landscaping company but could be seen almost daily pruning, tidying up, just keeping the place looking immaculate. Last year, the full Asian family moved in - Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, little kids - moved in. I'm watching the place slowly fall into disrepair. Mows maybe every couple weeks, no mulch, no spring time plantings, no weeding - nothing.

Is this the Asian approach to yard care? It's not the only one I've noticed in my neighborhood, but since it's across the street, I'm noticing this one a little more.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Asians and Yard Maintenance
Posted by: asian ()
Date: March 13, 2012 09:40AM

They're too busy helping their kids with homeworks and other academic related activities to spend time working on the yard. So while their kids are attending TJ and then onto some Ivy league, your kids can work for a landscape company and do the those types of work..

Posted by: PW O'Malley Senior ()
Date: March 13, 2012 09:46AM

asian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They're too busy helping their kids with homeworks
> and other academic related activities to spend
> time working on the yard. So while their kids are
> attending TJ and then onto some Ivy league, your
> kids can work for a landscape company and do the
> those types of work..

+1

Don't like asians, but their work ethic is unparalled. Houses are for living in, not looking at.

Posted by: BetterThanYou ()
Date: March 13, 2012 09:52AM

asian Wrote:
> those types of work..

That was too good. Haha.

Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: March 13, 2012 10:06AM

"So while their kids are attending TJ and then onto some Ivy league" -
and then on to high paying jobs writing code/building the new iSomething/coding financial models - meanwhile it's a put down to maintain houses/property.
We're supposed to envy the supposed "work ethic" of a culture that couldn't get running water sorted out after the Romans?
Riiiiiight.

Posted by: lotsofblame ()
Date: March 13, 2012 11:04AM

Depends.

I found that recent immigrants have a hard time grasping proper yard maintenance. Maybe they don't understand the cultural implications behind a well kept yard or they just have no clue were to begin. I think it is more the latter, some never grew up in environments were you had to take care of a yard; so they don't know how or when plant, weed, or water. They try but usually fail. On the other hand I am seeing young middle class couples fall in the same trap, since most cared less or had gardeners that took care of the parents yard, so they have no clue how to do it.

Date: March 13, 2012 11:37AM

lotsofblame Wrote:
> Depends.
>
>
> I found that recent immigrants have a hard time
> grasping proper yard maintenance. Maybe they
> don't understand the cultural implications behind
> a well kept yard or they just have no clue were to
> begin. I think it is more the latter, some never
> grew up in environments were you had to take care
> of a yard; so they don't know how or when plant,
> weed, or water. They try but usually fail. On the
> other hand I am seeing young middle class couples
> fall in the same trap, since most cared less or
> had gardeners that took care of the parents yard,
> so they have no clue how to do it.

Perhaps. However, unlike the reluctance to use a dishwasher ( http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/07/AR2005100702146.html ) I'm stuck looking at an unkempt yard. As the neighborhood turns over, we're going from nicely kept yards to semi-eyesores. Overall, they make great neighbors - if they don't want to use their air conditioner or dishwasher, they don't impact anyone else. A crappy looking yard effects the whole neighborhood.

Posted by: Mr. Miyagi ()
Date: March 13, 2012 11:43AM

Yard work...very important. Asian who no take care of yard...not real Asian.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: March 13, 2012 12:28PM

Most third world refugees, especially the Asians, are quite arrogant and refuse to assimilate.

At least the yard next door to the OP isn't adorned with goats and chickens like many of the immigrants properties are.

Immigration isn't what it was back in the early 1900's. People came from other lands with appreciation for the U.S. They worked hard to become Americans, and to live the American way of life.

Immigrants today? Well, just look around you. If it was up to them, we'd all be marrying our 14 year old cousins, live with livestock in the living room, and eat our household pets. They contribute nothing but bad driving and their third world diseases.

Posted by: treeless ()
Date: March 13, 2012 12:46PM

There's been Aisans who have moved in my neighborhood and after a few weeks they cut down all the trees. This has happened to at least 10 yards within the past few years. It's not like the trees are dead or dying, they just cut them all down - or - they cut them half way down and leave 4 ft. of stumps! It really brings down the whole street....guess they need room for all the cars instead.

Posted by: Shrubs B Ur Friend ()
Date: March 13, 2012 12:52PM

Some of the Asian immigrants in our neighborhood have hideous yards. They literally don't do a thing to take care of their barren front yards, other than occasionally cut the grass, if there's any left. I don't care if their kids go to TJ or Harvard. I just want them to plant a few things to make the place look decent.

Posted by: Olde Farte ()
Date: March 13, 2012 12:57PM

Shrubs B Ur Friend Wrote:
> I just want them to plant a few things
> to make the place look decent.

There's nothing wrong with "barren yards".

Having "mulch" around your trees doesn't make your yard look prettier; it makes your yard look like a cookie-cutter lawn service commercial.

Posted by: Tree cutters ()
Date: March 13, 2012 01:13PM

See old white people cut all the trees down too. They don't want leaves in their gutters. Stupid fucks think a townhouse should be maintenance-free like a condo.

Date: March 13, 2012 01:31PM

treeless Wrote:
> There's been Aisans who have moved in my
> neighborhood and after a few weeks they cut down
> all the trees. This has happened to at least 10
> yards within the past few years. It's not like
> the trees are dead or dying, they just cut them
> all down - or - they cut them half way down and
> leave 4 ft. of stumps! It really brings down the
> whole street....guess they need room for all the
> cars instead.

+1. They seem to hate trees. And they do not pay for the logs/stumps to be removed. So after the trees come down, they have stacks of wood all over the yard. And it's not like they then start landscaping or putting in a pool - just want the trees gone. They don't even really plant grass.

They also buy the cheapest yard equipment available - no proper mowers, chain saw, clippers, etc. I once watched my neighbor try to mow his huge front lawn with two weeks of grass (after lots of rain) with a mower that would have been appropriate for a town house - maybe. It was an all day affair.

Posted by: trees ()
Date: March 13, 2012 02:23PM

I've seen this as well. Our friends have a screened in porch out back. Asians moved in next door and cut all the trees in their yard at about 12 feet, leaving the trunk of the tree standing there to die. Friends had to install blinds in the porch so as not to see the eyesore next door.....

Posted by: Arrogant Kenyan ()
Date: March 13, 2012 03:21PM

Asians Move in and cut down all trees and pave over the front yard make parking lot.

Posted by: PW O'Malley Senior ()
Date: March 13, 2012 04:01PM

trees Wrote:
> I've seen this as well. Our friends have a
> screened in porch out back. Asians moved in next
> door and cut all the trees in their yard at about
> 12 feet, leaving the trunk of the tree standing
> there to die. Friends had to install blinds in
> the porch so as not to see the eyesore next
> door.....

Maybe your "friend" should have bought a house with more of a buffer between houses or planted his own trees instead of expected another home owner to landscape his yard according to his expectations.

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: March 13, 2012 04:10PM

asian invasion Wrote:
> I had a neighbor who moved out last year. She
> kept her yard (~1/2 acre) beautiful - she was
> older, so she mostly hired a landscaping company
> but could be seen almost daily pruning, tidying
> up, just keeping the place looking immaculate.
> Last year, the full Asian family moved in - Mom,
> Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, little kids - moved in.
> I'm watching the place slowly fall into disrepair.
> Mows maybe every couple weeks, no mulch, no
> spring time plantings, no weeding - nothing.
>
> Is this the Asian approach to yard care? It's not
> the only one I've noticed in my neighborhood, but
> since it's across the street, I'm noticing this
> one a little more.

So you're one of those idiots who wastes time and energy worrying about nonsense such as their neighbors' yards.

Thanks for letting us know.

Posted by: trees ()
Date: March 13, 2012 04:32PM

PW O'Malley Senior Wrote:
"Maybe your "friend" should have bought a house with more of a buffer between houses or planted his own trees instead of expected another home owner to landscape his yard according to his expectations."

Old neighborhood with tall established trees in all the yards. 6/7 foot high fence all around my friend's property, but that didn't help since the trees were cut off 12 feet high. When the Asians moved in, they cut down the trees. Why would someone want to kill perfectly healthy trees? Why would someone defend that? Didn't we learn anything from the Lorax? Anyway, friends were able to sell the house and move to Nevada where trees are not an issue. So it worked out well for all concerned. Except for the trees.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: March 13, 2012 04:38PM

Kilton Wrote:
> asian invasion Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I had a neighbor who moved out last year. She
> > kept her yard (~1/2 acre) beautiful - she was
> > older, so she mostly hired a landscaping
> company
> > but could be seen almost daily pruning, tidying
> > up, just keeping the place looking immaculate.
> > Last year, the full Asian family moved in -
> Mom,
> > Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, little kids - moved in.
> > I'm watching the place slowly fall into
> disrepair.
> > Mows maybe every couple weeks, no mulch, no
> > spring time plantings, no weeding - nothing.
> >
> > Is this the Asian approach to yard care? It's
> not
> > the only one I've noticed in my neighborhood,
> but
> > since it's across the street, I'm noticing this
> > one a little more.
>
> So you're one of those idiots who wastes time and
> energy worrying about nonsense such as their
> neighbors' yards.
>
> Thanks for letting us know.

I wasn't worried about my neighbor's yard until there were 5-6 busted bicycles leaned up against the fence, about 10 garbage bags of trash piles up, a washing machine and a refridgerator in tha back patio and the grass was a foot tall. Oh yeah, and Corona and Modelo bottles all over the place.

Posted by: Missing Carlos ()
Date: March 13, 2012 06:22PM

This is all a result of the passing of Carlos Hernandez. Yards are going uncut...

Posted by: save the trees ()
Date: March 13, 2012 06:26PM

If they are from Korea, they are probably used to living with all concrete and no trees---trees are probably scary or something. I would think that all that education from TJ, Harvard, etc. would have made them think about the environment and the harm to the Chesapeake Bay, runoff, etc. Not to mention shade and beauty. I guess they don't teach that in multivariable calculus.

Posted by: Hey, Mr. Wilson ()
Date: March 13, 2012 07:01PM

Had some of your mid eastern types buy old house in neighborhood several years ago. Looks like it is used for rental purposes. House had some beautiful large azaleas in the yard. for some reason they were torn out and now left with bare clay soil. i guess cuts down on any yard maintainence.
Looks like shit though.
I miss them azaleas

Posted by: Gran Turino ()
Date: March 13, 2012 07:15PM

Surprised nobody posted the scene from Gran Turino where where he's telling the next door kid to go over and clean up the neighbors yard. People who have seen the movie know what I'm talking about.

Posted by: Neighbor ()
Date: March 13, 2012 08:34PM

You Asians, Y U No take care of yard?

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: March 13, 2012 09:13PM

The same thing happens with a lot of ME immigrants and border jumpers. I doubt they're used to taking care of landscaping where they come from. As for the white and black trash that do the same thing? I don't know what their excuse it.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Skav ()
Date: March 13, 2012 10:01PM

Hate to buck the trend. We live in Vienna a stone's throw from Madison High School. Our direct neighbor is Asian, A couple of houses down another Asian family, then a black family. Everyone's yard is in decent shape,well tended,no eyesores. Almost every yard within dog walking distance is pretty good, with just a couple of below average examples. Depends where you live.

Posted by: Deserted in Burke ()
Date: March 13, 2012 11:24PM

My Asian neighbor cut down all the trees and stored aluminum siding for his contracting job. Then the MoFo move two years later and left the backyard looking like a shorn desert. I guess the Japanese are one with nature, but the Koreans look at trees as wooden debris that should be removed. Shogun ain't my name, but Landscaping is my game.

Posted by: People here bitch about everything ()
Date: March 14, 2012 02:35AM

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS. FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS EVERYWHERE.

Posted by: den ()
Date: March 14, 2012 03:04AM

their kids will get into tj, but then either shoot up a college or plot to do so. so GG asian kids in nova/md/dc

Posted by: don't get it ()
Date: March 15, 2012 12:56PM

My Asian neighbors will stock pile a half dozen boxes full of trash next to e their driveway ( on my side) like its a staging area. Not too thrilled by that but whatever. Then 2 trash days go by and the shit is still sitting there even when one of them shuffled down to put the trashcan at the curb. WTF. Seems like everything else in their yard, its always half finished.

Posted by: doh! ()
Date: March 15, 2012 02:41PM

Maybe they're brewing kimchi!!!!!

Posted by: Lola ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:34PM

The asians mentioned above who actually maintain their lawn are probably second or third generation in this country.

Posted by: Asian who went to TJ ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:48PM

As an Asian who went to TJ and then an Ivy League school, My HOA on my huge home covers all the landscaping. My yard is professional maintained by non-TJ, non-Ivy League workers who can't speak much English.

Posted by: Royal Dano ()
Date: March 15, 2012 05:20PM

Mike O'Meara maintains his yard real good

Posted by: T ()
Date: March 16, 2012 12:40AM

If you're telling the truth, then your TJ and Ivy League education certainly didn't teach you any humility. The Ivy League schools sure have changed since my days. The result is that we now have too many arrogant pricks in positions of power and authority, thinking they know how to run things and yet not smart enough to realize what they do not know.

Posted by: Asian who went to TJ ()
Date: March 16, 2012 05:56AM

T Wrote:
> If you're telling the truth, then your TJ and Ivy
> League education certainly didn't teach you any
> humility. The Ivy League schools sure have changed
> since my days. The result is that we now have too
> many arrogant pricks in positions of power and
> authority, thinking they know how to run things
> and yet not smart enough to realize what they do
> not know.

Seriously, humility is taught everyday at those places but not by the curriculum but by crazy smart student you have to compete with and not by the school landscaper.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: March 18, 2012 12:12PM

Skav Wrote:
> Hate to buck the trend. We live in Vienna a
> stone's throw from Madison High School. Our direct
> neighbor is Asian, A couple of houses down another
> Asian family, then a black family. Everyone's yard
> is in decent shape,well tended,no eyesores. Almost
> every yard within dog walking distance is pretty
> good, with just a couple of below average
> examples. Depends where you live.

It's Madison Time!

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Posted by: Buggles ()
Date: March 19, 2012 11:53AM

Radiophile Wrote:
> Skav Wrote:
> -----
> > Hate to buck the trend. We live in Vienna a
> > stone's throw from Madison High School. Our
> direct
> > neighbor is Asian, A couple of houses down
> another
> > Asian family, then a black family. Everyone's
> yard
> > is in decent shape,well tended,no eyesores.
> Almost
> > every yard within dog walking distance is
> pretty
> > good, with just a couple of below average
> > examples. Depends where you live.
>
>
> It's Madison Time!

No, it's Buggles time!

Posted by: Asian2 ()
Date: March 19, 2012 01:43PM

HOAs only do maintenance of common grounds. Your own house must look like crap, but I can sympathize with trying to respond in-kind to a thread that tries to provoke...

Posted by: Telling Stories ()
Date: March 19, 2012 04:17PM

Kilton Wrote:
> asian invasion Wrote:
> -----
> > I had a neighbor who moved out last year. She
> > kept her yard (~1/2 acre) beautiful - she was
> > older, so she mostly hired a landscaping
> company
> > but could be seen almost daily pruning, tidying
> > up, just keeping the place looking immaculate.
> > Last year, the full Asian family moved in -
> Mom,
> > Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, little kids - moved in.
> > I'm watching the place slowly fall into
> disrepair.
> > Mows maybe every couple weeks, no mulch, no
> > spring time plantings, no weeding - nothing.
> >
> > Is this the Asian approach to yard care? It's
> not
> > the only one I've noticed in my neighborhood,
> but
> > since it's across the street, I'm noticing this
> > one a little more.
>
> So you're one of those idiots who wastes time and
> energy worrying about nonsense such as their
> neighbors' yards.
>
> Thanks for letting us know.

So you're one of those jerks that lets their yard look like crap. You probably don't live in a very nice neighborhood, so it isn't a big deal, but have some pride in your property. I bet you are a Republican.

Posted by: Verybendy ()
Date: March 19, 2012 04:35PM

I've neurotically started to collect addresses of older properties whose charm has been destroyed by their immigrant occupants. Like the westward-facing house on Graham Road, Falls Church, whose idiot occupants cut down the large tree in the front yard that shaded the house from the worst of the summer sun. Or the folks next door to my parents' house, who cut down the perfectly healthy large fir tree between their driveway & my parents'. Now we can see all the cars that park there (7-10 cars at a 3 bedroom, 1 bath home), as well as the folks who park their cars and then go thru the back gate and enter the house via a basement door. Oh yeah, they also removed every single azalea from the front of the house. Apparently they believe that the bushes will destroy the foundation of the house. Just yesterday I noticed that the hispanics in the ground-level unit adjacent but below my unit sawed off the top of the one small tree in their yard. What IS it with these people? Asians, hispanics, even Turks seem hell bent on destroying the landscaping when they move in.

Posted by: just sayin ()
Date: March 21, 2012 10:44AM

don't you know that asians can't see? how do you expect them to landscape when they can't see?

don't you know that asians can't see? how do you expect them to landscape when they can't see?

Posted by: dj ()
Date: April 10, 2012 09:46AM

My Vietnamese neighbor cut down ALL of the trees and bushes. He stated that he didn't want his children around the 'bugs' that live in the trees. He paid for it as South facing door melted from the sun.

Posted by: neighbor's landscaping is a problem ()
Date: April 10, 2012 10:24AM

I can pretty much beat any bad land scaping story with what the people at the front of my neighborhood did to their property. First they are not part of the hoa because they live in the very front of the neighborhood, so they can do pretty much whatever they want to their property. second I'm pretty shure there are is than one family living at this location. Finally the occupants run a plumbing business out of their house and abuse their neighbors property by parking their cars every where from their lawn to to against their shrubs. A few years ago the very nice elderly couple who owned the property since the house was built back in 1987 moved and a immagrant latino family moved in and immidetly allowed their property to go into disarray. When I say that they allowed their property to become problematic I mean they started breaking all the light fixtures on the outside of the house, then they went on to install a above ground pool in the side yard which they broke after two months, this caused all the grass to die on their property. After doing all this they tore up the shrubs on the property and cut down all the trees leaving stumps which they filled with already dead plants, now the only living plant on their property was one shrub which they tried in vain to kill by hitting it with one of their vans. After destroying their land they widened their driveway to that of a small parking garage and filled their back yard with asphalt. The house once contained a three car garage which they demolished to add on another bed room (by the way they forgot to remove the smallest garage door). After doing all this damadge to a house that at the time cost over $900,000 they went on to start parking their many cars in their neighbors yard, even though they installed that small parking garage. Now their property is the eyesore of the neighbohood and to top it all off it is the first house most people see when entering the neighborhood.

Posted by: asian dude ()
Date: April 11, 2012 10:03AM

I see that racism and ignorance is still flourishing in Fairfax County.
To all you dumb asses out there, a poorly maintained yard has nothing to do with race or when you immigrated to this country, so stop trying to make that association. I see plenty of yards in Fairfax county owned by white people with 50 year old pickup trucks or boats rotting away in their yards. I see plenty of yards of homes owned by non-white immigrants that are beautifully maintained.

Have you ever seen a garden in Japan or Korea? I think there are a few Asians living out there. Its foolish to say, "ok white neighbor = nice yard, Asian neighbor = bad yard". Its as stupid as the poster who said Asians can't see (I guess because their eyes are so small).

Date: April 11, 2012 11:56AM

asian dude Wrote:

>
> Have you ever seen a garden in Japan or Korea? I
> think there are a few Asians living out there.
>

Apparently, those gardens have no trees. Maybe that's what they are trying to emulate.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: April 11, 2012 12:18PM

These Asians need to hire Sean Ryals.

Posted by: teehee ()
Date: April 11, 2012 01:16PM

Maybe it's the neighborhood you live in?
I have heard that having a tree real close to the house does mess with the foundation.. I think its very obvious that roots are strong...considering sidewalks are always broken up by them.
Get over yourselves and talk to the neighbor.
Ranting online gets you no where.
Or maybe leave a note on their door, if you dont want to confront them.
I noticed a lot of people find trees to give them "privacy", but to many, they dont want to deal with the hassle of rakign every single day during Fall, and then dealing with all the other crap that falls and breaks during the other seasons.
I've removed trees from my yard because the branches used to fall on my driveway. Was it worth it? HELL YEAH.
Fucked up car or No tree?
Ya, no thanks.

Date: April 11, 2012 01:32PM

teehee Wrote:
> Maybe it's the neighborhood you live in?
> I have heard that having a tree real close to the
> house does mess with the foundation.. I think its
> very obvious that roots are strong...considering
> sidewalks are always broken up by them.
> Get over yourselves and talk to the neighbor.
> Ranting online gets you no where.
> Or maybe leave a note on their door, if you dont
> want to confront them.
> I noticed a lot of people find trees to give them
> "privacy", but to many, they dont want to deal
> with the hassle of rakign every single day during
> Fall, and then dealing with all the other crap
> that falls and breaks during the other seasons.
> I've removed trees from my yard because the
> branches used to fall on my driveway. Was it worth
> it? HELL YEAH.
> Fucked up car or No tree?
> Ya, no thanks.

Removing a dangerous tree - sure. Clear cutting - not so nice.

Posted by: BettyBoop ()
Date: July 15, 2012 09:27AM

As a teacher of multicultural students, my thoughts are that they are not interested in the work involved in maintaining the beauty of the landscape because
1. they work many hours and are not home to do it
2. They can't afford what is necessary
3. They come from cultures where landscaping is not important and many of them just lived in houses with dirt floors in a jungle or vast country side where such rules of keeping a beautiful landscape did not exist.
4. They don't know how to do it and are not interested in learning
5. By eliminating the white man's influence, they feel more at home in their surroundings.
6. They are still in survival mode and haven't the resources to deal with higher level civilization, because they haven't gotten there yet.

Lack of education on these matters, lack of travel to other countries and extreme racism has made this conversation one of the most vile I've seen in a while. A lot of things frustrate me as well, but times are changing and as long people come to this country for a better life, so they won't starve, they are going to bring their cultural landscape with them, just as the Brits brought theirs when they came over and destroyed the trees the Native Americans loved so much. Just as they forced their religions on the natives, their foods, their clothing and their mode of behavior.

You can even draw a parallel with corporations that dominate the farmlands of this country, destroying a way of life to make more money. The list of parallels goes on if you care to think about it.

Live your life, be a decent citizen, and remember the golden rule. What goes around comes around. Some day your nastiness just might come back and bite you.

Posted by: GorDEN Cir ()
Date: July 15, 2012 10:07AM

BettyBoop Wrote:
> As a teacher of multicultural students, my
> thoughts are that they are not interested in the
> work involved in maintaining the beauty of the
> landscape because
> 1. they work many hours and are not home to do it
> 2. They can't afford what is necessary
> 3. They come from cultures where landscaping is
> not important and many of them just lived in
> houses with dirt floors in a jungle or vast
> country side where such rules of keeping a
> beautiful landscape did not exist.
> 4. They don't know how to do it and are not
> interested in learning
> 5. By eliminating the white man's influence, they
> feel more at home in their surroundings.
> 6. They are still in survival mode and haven't the
> resources to deal with higher level civilization,
> because they haven't gotten there yet.
>
> Lack of education on these matters, lack of travel
> to other countries and extreme racism has made
> this conversation one of the most vile I've seen
> in a while. A lot of things frustrate me as well,
> but times are changing and as long people come to
> this country for a better life, so they won't
> starve, they are going to bring their cultural
> landscape with them, just as the Brits brought
> theirs when they came over and destroyed the trees
> the Native Americans loved so much. Just as they
> forced their religions on the natives, their
> foods, their clothing and their mode of behavior.
>
>
> You can even draw a parallel with corporations
> that dominate the farmlands of this country,
> destroying a way of life to make more money. The
> list of parallels goes on if you care to think
> about it.
>
> Live your life, be a decent citizen, and remember
> the golden rule. What goes around comes around.
> Some day your nastiness just might come back and
> bite you.

Thanks for grave-digging.

As to people who commented on this post, it just seems like a bunch of noisy-ass pricks who care too much about other people's properties.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 15, 2012 10:35AM

Hey, look, I understand some of the concern on here, but you need to see the glass as being half full........put it this way, who would you rather have as neighbors; Asians or niggers?
See what I mean?

Posted by: flight risk ()
Date: July 15, 2012 11:30AM

Wow. Just wow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 11:31AM by flight risk.

Posted by: Rtard ()
Date: July 15, 2012 04:38PM

Jess1 Wrote:
> "So while their kids are attending TJ and then
> onto some Ivy league" -
> and then on to high paying jobs writing
> code/building the new iSomething/coding financial
> models - meanwhile it's a put down to maintain
> houses/property.
> We're supposed to envy the supposed "work ethic"
> of a culture that couldn't get running water
> sorted out after the Romans?
> Riiiiiight.

Nah they where just too busy developing gun powder. FAGGOT.

Posted by: Jal22 ()
Date: July 04, 2014 07:08AM

Message from England:
In the US, when u say Asian, u tend to mean east Asian (Chinese, Japanese, etc.), right? In Britain, we tend to mean south Asian (Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Indian). It our case, it is the latter who move in to a house and whether they're living in it themselves or renting it out, they invariably concrete over the garden. It's awful and totally depressing.

To those who say it's none of anyone else's business (which is the attitude our authorities take, too), then I say, it most certainly is: it ruins the neighbourhood, reduces the air quality, increases risk of flooding (rain water has nowhere to run off); thus, reduces the value of other properties on the same street.

We have much smaller houses here in Britain than u folks in the US, so the effect is all the more devastating - compared with u, we practically live on top of each other. So, when neighbours destroy their garden (yard, as u say), it's almost literally on the neighbours' doorstep.

It's as though they have no eye for aestheticism. It's also as if they won't do any 'work' that doesn't bring in money; hence gardening is a 'waste of energy'. They erect the most incongruous fences and gates that are half as tall as the house (we have small houses here!) and bulbous extensions; it looks ridiculous.

The majority are Muslims, which throws up another inconsistency: the Qur'an describes heaven as 'janna', i.e. a garden...the irony!

The RSPB began a campaign, "If there's no home for nature, there will be no nature", but they don't seem to have any care for animals/nature/plant-life. It's no wonder bees (on whom we depend for pollination of crops) are an endangered species.

In the US, u have a strong sense of patriotism, regardless of ethnicity/background. Here, in Britain, we really struggle with integration. Muslims, for example, will first describe themselves as Muslim before British and hold fast to ideas that are, frankly, un-British, e.g. their disgust and hysterical fear of dogs. The paving over of gardens/yards simply adds to this lack of integration: white/black British people one by one move out of those areas; thus leaving exclusively Asian (Pakistani) neighbourhoods.

Date: July 04, 2014 07:19AM

BettyBoop Wrote:

I don't think the people you are trying to defend would appreciate u saying they aren't "civilised yet"!!

Posted by: Hhdhn ()
Date: July 04, 2014 07:30AM

--------------------------------------------------
Jess1 wrote:

> > We're supposed to envy the supposed "work
> ethic"
> > of a culture that couldn't get running water
> > sorted out after the Romans?
> > Riiiiiight.
>

Dude, Asians >>>Dominate<<< running water. Your faggot history book didn't teach you jack shit.

Exhibit 1 Grand Canal:

The Grand Canal(also known as the Beijing-Hangzhou Grand Canal), a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the longest canal or artificial river in the world and a famous tourist destination.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Canal_(China)

Exhibit 2 Pound Lock:

Pound locks were used in medieval China during the Song Dynasty (960–1279 AD), having been pioneered by the government official and engineer Qiao Weiyo in 984.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_lock

Exhibit 3: Hydraulic Powered Bellows

The Eastern Han official Du Shi (d. 38 AD) applied the use of rotating waterwheels to power the bellows of his blast furnace smelting iron, a method which continued in use in China thereafter, as evidenced by subsequent records; it is a significant invention in that iron production yields were increased and it employed all the necessary components for converting rotary motion into reciprocating motion.

Posted by: chairman mao ()
Date: July 04, 2014 09:38AM

Yep, China's last great inventions and contributions to mankind were all made at least 1,000 years ago. Since then, they merely make cheap copies of American inventions. They did, however, inspire Obama's Cultural Revolution and war on successful, hardworking people.

Posted by: Racist Ray ()
Date: July 04, 2014 09:45AM

Slant eyes are the new niggers, just smarter

Posted by: Ggiih ()
Date: July 04, 2014 09:58AM

Racist Ray Wrote:
> Slant eyes are the new niggers, just smarter

Niggers will always be niggers. Lots of Asians countries are doing much better than the US now.

Posted by: America the beautiful ()
Date: July 04, 2014 10:18AM

The environmental impact is different now than it was 1,000 years ago when the population was much lower. When people take out all their plantings, it causes runoff problems. We might not have landslides like they do in CA, but we have contaminants going into our creeks, rivers and the Chesapeake Bay. The plants are more than just beautiful (at least in the eyes of the native born people). They are essential to maintaining the overall environment. Maybe it would do the Asians good to get off their computers once in a while and go out into nature and enjoy it. Life isn't all about how much money you make and what school you attend. The pursuit of happiness comes in many ways. I realize that they come from overcrowded countries that are paved and that they must develop themselves in other ways to achieve success in those places. But most people who were born and raised here (and this is not racist) have been lucky to enjoy some of what nature gives us. I wonder how many Asians are in scouts, go to camps or go camping or hike in our national parks, etc.? I think they are raised to be mega focused and not to be field oriented (and there is a case for that type of education, but it seems their testing mania has been imported with them). It's okay for people to value the environment and want beauty. It affects our health in both mental and physical ways. We do value a beautiful country and it matters.

Posted by: whitetrash ()
Date: July 04, 2014 10:31AM

Honestly the worst offenders Ive run into are Indians, Hispanics and plain old white trash with white trash being the worst. Hispanics are usually cool because even though their yards are hell, if its a family they are nice and actually use the yard.

Indians do nothing and rent their basements out.

White trash takes the cake. Bad roofs, broken gutters, used vehicles in the yard, worn patches, barking dogs day and night and usually lots of old crap strewn everywhere collecting rainwater to breed mosquitos. Add to that bright lights on all night and youll be begging for your Asian neighbors.

Posted by: white trash in Fairfax? ()
Date: July 04, 2014 10:35AM

yeah, but we don't have a lot of white trash here in Fairfax . . . they can't compete for jobs with our huge immigrant population. I work in the schools and the poverty cases are at least 95% nonwhite. This is pretty much a nonissue in Fairfax.

Posted by: Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah ()
Date: July 04, 2014 10:59AM

Shrubs B Ur Friend Wrote:
> Some of the Asian immigrants in our neighborhood
> have hideous yards. They literally don't do a
> thing to take care of their barren front yards,
> other than occasionally cut the grass, if there's
> any left. I don't care if their kids go to TJ or
> Harvard. I just want them to plant a few things
> to make the place look decent.

Like they give a damn what you want. They get what they want which is getting their kids beating you stupid kids and make your stupid kids their kids' bitches.

Date: July 04, 2014 11:12AM

Jal22 Wrote:
> Message from England:
...blah blah blah blah blah

Since when England is part of Fairfax, fish and chips eating fucktard?

Date: July 04, 2014 11:26AM

BettyBoop Wrote:
> As a teacher of multicultural students, my
> thoughts are that they are not interested in the
> work involved in maintaining the beauty of the
> landscape because
> interested in learning
>
> Lack of education on these matters, lack of travel
> to other countries and extreme racism has made
> this conversation one of the most vile I've seen
> in a while. A lot of things frustrate me as well,
> but times are changing and as long people come to
> this country for a better life, so they won't
> starve, they are going to bring their cultural
> landscape with them, just as the Brits brought
> theirs when they came over and destroyed the trees
> the Native Americans loved so much. Just as they
> forced their religions on the natives, their
> foods, their clothing and their mode of behavior.
>
>
> You can even draw a parallel with corporations
> that dominate the farmlands of this country,
> destroying a way of life to make more money. The
> list of parallels goes on if you care to think
> about it.
>
> Live your life, be a decent citizen, and remember
> the golden rule. What goes around comes around.
> Some day your nastiness just might come back and
> bite you.

You are a teacher and you are this stupid? Are you trying to defend Asian or putting them down? I hope you are not my kid's math teacher for whom I have to re-teach my kid math because of you white old dumb ass bitch teacher don't even know the god damn math you are supposes to be teaching. That's the reason why Asian kids do better in schools, they have parents who check what their kids learn at schools. The dumb bitch teacher admitted her fault when I told her but never bother to tell the class her fucking mistake. The result: all the class learn the wrong thing except my kid.

Before I go point to point on your stupid list:
I am Asian, I work from home making my money investing.

Own 2 houses in great neighborhood, a million in a bank. 1/4 mils for retirement.

Really? You know Asian come here except the refugees, come here as skill workers, investors. T

> interested in learning.
How's about not caring about stupid bushes? We have better thing to worry about like making sure my kids are learning the correct math, not your stupid mistakes filled math lesson.

There's no feel to eliminate things we don't give a shit about.

higher level of civilization? what the fuck is that?

Final note: You are a fucking generalization master.

Posted by: Arthur Treacher fan ()
Date: July 04, 2014 11:27AM

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Wrote:
> Jal22 Wrote:
> -----
> > Message from England:
> ...blah blah blah blah blah
>
> Since when England is part of Fairfax, fish and
> chips eating fucktard?

Go to Fairfax Circle = a touch of heaven sits there mate!

Posted by: generalization master ()
Date: July 04, 2014 11:36AM

True, but you are envious of my girth.

Posted by: Me so Horny ()
Date: July 04, 2014 11:42AM

Funny I love the Asian women and they all tell me they prefer the White guys because they are taller, stronger and have bigger cocks. Thank god I am not Asian and I keep my yard looking good.

Posted by: Jdjgh ()
Date: July 04, 2014 11:44AM

chairman mao Wrote:
> Yep, China's last great inventions and
> contributions to mankind were all made at least
> 1,000 years ago. Since then, they merely make
> cheap copies of American inventions. They did,
> however, inspire Obama's Cultural Revolution and
> war on successful, hardworking people.

1,000 years ago? Try last 20.

This is the richest man in Los Angeles.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Soon-Shiong

In 1993, Soon-Shiong performed the world’s first encapsulated human islet transplant, an experimental Type-1 diabetes treatment, and the first pig to man islet cell transplant. He invented the nation’s first FDA approved protein nanoparticle delivery technology for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer, doubling the response rate in patients

Posted by: Tommn ()
Date: July 04, 2014 11:52AM

Me so Horny Wrote:
> Funny I love the Asian women and they all tell me
> they prefer the White guys because they are
> taller, stronger and have bigger cocks. Thank god
> I am not Asian and I keep my yard looking good.

Only niggers care about cock size. Don't be a nigger.

Posted by: Big dumb round eye ()
Date: July 04, 2014 12:00PM

Thanks. I won't.
Attachments:
nice_shirt_bro_540.jpg

Posted by: treesBgone ()
Date: July 04, 2014 01:32PM

Asians hate trees. My neighbor had 3 beautiful maples. They had been trimmed and cared for for 40 years and they were healthy, well sited and beautiful. One day I saw the tree guys up in the trees and I figured just routine trimming. Nope they killed and remove every single tree in their yard and then planted big stupid circle gardens over the roots. Wood and dead tree roots rob Nitrogen from the soil so its very hard to grow anything unless you dig down and remove the tree stump and most large roots.

Now their house bakes in the hot DC sun in the summer. When I asked them why they did it they said because they were tired of raking the leaves - they have a yard service do their yard work. For the thousands they spent removing the trees they could have had leave cleanup for the rest of their lives.

Posted by: Q4U ()
Date: July 04, 2014 01:43PM

treesBgone Wrote:
> Asians hate trees. My neighbor had 3 beautiful
> maples. They had been trimmed and cared for for
> 40 years and they were healthy, well sited and
> beautiful. One day I saw the tree guys up in the
> trees and I figured just routine trimming. Nope
> they killed and remove every single tree in their
> yard and then planted big stupid circle gardens
> over the roots. Wood and dead tree roots rob
> Nitrogen from the soil so its very hard to grow
> anything unless you dig down and remove the tree
> stump and most large roots.
>
> Now their house bakes in the hot DC sun in the
> summer. When I asked them why they did it they
> said because they were tired of raking the leaves
> - they have a yard service do their yard work.
> For the thousands they spent removing the trees
> they could have had leave cleanup for the rest of
> their lives.

See that all the time in older neighborhoods around here and always wondered why.

Hey my Asian brothers... What's up with cutting down all the damn trees?

Date: July 04, 2014 02:32PM

> Jal22 Wrote:
> -----
> > Message from England:
> ...blah blah blah blah blah
>
> Since when England is part of Fairfax, fish and
> chips eating fucktard?

You remind me of that boy from We Need to Talk about Kevin. Wanker.

Date: July 04, 2014 02:53PM

> You are a teacher and you are this stupid? Are you
> trying to defend Asian or putting them down? I
> hope you are not my kid's math teacher for whom I
> have to re-teach my kid math because of you white
> old dumb ass bitch teacher don't even know the god
> damn math you are supposes to be teaching. That's
> the reason why Asian kids do better in schools,
> they have parents who check what their kids learn
> at schools. The dumb bitch teacher admitted her
> fault when I told her but never bother to tell the
> class her fucking mistake. The result: all the
> class learn the wrong thing except my kid.
>
> Before I go point to point on your stupid list:
> > 1. they work many hours and are not home to do
> it
> I am Asian, I work from home making my money
> investing.
>
> > 2. They can't afford what is necessary
> Own 2 houses in great neighborhood, a million in a
> bank. 1/4 mils for retirement.
>
> > 3. They come from cultures where landscaping is
> > not important and many of them just lived in
> > houses with dirt floors in a jungle or vast
> > country side where such rules of keeping a
> > beautiful landscape did not exist.
> Really? You know Asian come here except the
> refugees, come here as skill workers, investors.
> T
>
> > 4. They don't know how to do it and are not
> > interested in learning.
> How's about not caring about stupid bushes? We
> have better thing to worry about like making sure
> my kids are learning the correct math, not your
> stupid mistakes filled math lesson.
>
> > 5. By eliminating the white man's influence,
> they
> > feel more at home in their surroundings.
> There's no feel to eliminate things we don't give
> a shit about.
>
> > 6. They are still in survival mode and haven't
> the
> > resources to deal with higher level
> civilization,
> > because they haven't gotten there yet.
>
> higher level of civilization? what the fuck is
> that?

Ok, quite funny response, lol.
"dirt floors in the jungle" etc. is just condescending. At least disagreeing with someone respects that person as someone who is equally capable of making decisions. Betty Boop's 'defence' of Asians portrays them as creatures who've just crawled out from under a rock.

Posted by: TjMby ()
Date: July 04, 2014 07:42PM

lotsofblame Wrote:
> Depends.
>
>
> I found that recent immigrants have a hard time
> grasping proper yard maintenance. Maybe they
> don't understand

DUMASS

"if you want a job done right do it yourself"

that's because it's hard finding an honest patriotic worker who's any good

what makes you think a fuckin foreigner is , on the cheap , going to "do the job right"

my relatives had mexicans "fix the gutter", company specializing in it. mother fuckers had the water going the wrong way wouldn't come back to re-fix it I HAD to do it. why? they fuck the work up knowing it will cause problems, more purchases, and hopfully to make america fall

and it's every time. they had them trim trees: fuckers trimmed something i already did, trimmed another tree EVER FUCKING LOW BRANCH EXCEPT THE ONE NEEDED. i did later (i can prove it) have to repair the deck after the limb they didn't trim broke a 2x4

fuck. you think your going to get any work done on the cheap hiring a mexican or nigga who's angry at all whites

your dumb ass is going to pay and pay until they march to your house with "police" to evict you for "being behind"

Posted by: Michael Shermer ()
Date: September 17, 2015 01:34AM

If it weren't for Asians all of the factories that manufacture pianos, cellos and violins would go bankrupt!

Posted by: Asiano ()
Date: September 17, 2015 07:03AM

Feng Shui motherfucker. Try it once and prosperity might knock on your door some day.

Posted by: Are you mad? ()
Date: September 17, 2015 09:00AM

asian Wrote:
> those types of work..

Really? Can you explain why Asians flood to European built countries so they can "flourish"? Their is certainly no Europeans flooding to Asian countries so they can get their children into Asian schools haha

Posted by: ECe9h ()
Date: September 17, 2015 09:04AM

No one is worse than rednecks and hispanics. Not a fuck is given among them. More vehicles parked in the yard the better and they throw shit over the fence into your yard.

Posted by: Brian Moran ()
Date: September 17, 2015 11:36AM

This thread is so filled with ...
Attachments:
morans.jpg

Posted by: lolz_op ()
Date: September 17, 2015 11:42AM

OP should just worry about his yard, busy body OP might get ninja sword stuck in gut if he discusses it with said asian family...but then again, that might be good for busy body OP so he won't bring up such stupid crap again.

Posted by: Cap'n chaos ()
Date: September 18, 2015 04:23PM

Mr. Miyagi was Asian and he took really good care of his yard...
Not sure what the OP is talking about

Posted by: tMN7j ()
Date: September 19, 2015 09:11PM

asians in the gass are great

you should see this one picking rice - nice view - would make picking rice all day allot worth it !!
Attachments:
img1.jpg
img2.jpg

Posted by: Stones. ()
Date: September 19, 2015 11:14PM

I actually find the opposite. Asians in my neighborhood are great with their yards. Also, anyone see the house at guinea and little river turnpike?

Posted by: The giving tree murdered ()
Date: September 19, 2015 11:56PM

"Old neighborhood with tall established trees in all the yards. 6/7 foot high fence all around my friend's property, but that didn't help since the trees were cut off 12 feet high. When the Asians moved in, they cut down the trees. Why would someone want to kill perfectly healthy trees? Why would someone defend that? Didn't we learn anything from the Lorax? Anyway, friends were able to sell the house and move to Nevada where trees are not an issue. So it worked out well for all concerned. Except for the trees."

I think this lack of yard maintenance is more of a millennial thing. Our new white millennial neighbors (whose parents obviously gave them money to buy the house) want to cut down all the trees. The only thing stopping them right now is the 25K they have been quoted to do it. We told the wife that they are taking out valuable shade and that their AC bill is going to go way higher. She said that they grew up not doing lawn and trees, etc. and that they are uncomfortable with all of it. My response is WTF did you move to a house with a big yard and trees then? We have lived in our house for 16 years and bought it because of all the beautiful trees. Some people are just afraid of nature and kids are growing up without it these days. Sad.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: September 20, 2015 07:52AM

The giving tree murdered Wrote:
> I think this lack of yard maintenance is more of a
> millennial thing. Our new white millennial
> neighbors (whose parents obviously gave them money
> to buy the house) want to cut down all the trees.
> The only thing stopping them right now is the 25K
> they have been quoted to do it. We told the wife
> that they are taking out valuable shade and that
> their AC bill is going to go way higher. She said
> that they grew up not doing lawn and trees, etc.
> and that they are uncomfortable with all of it.
> My response is WTF did you move to a house with a
> big yard and trees then? We have lived in our
> house for 16 years and bought it because of all
> the beautiful trees. Some people are just afraid
> of nature and kids are growing up without it these
> days. Sad.

Some truth to this. The well maintained suburban homes were largely a phenomenon of the post WW2 era, when thanks to relatively inexpensive easy to use yard equipment and cheap teenage labor it was possible for large numbers of people to have their own well maintained miniature estate. Now that same view simply means another expense to some home owners, and another half day of work to others who between work and kids are already putting in 6 days plus. Also if you don't interact with your neighbors as more and more do today, why would you give a crap about what your eyesore does to the quality of life in the neighborhood.

This is why we have that relatively new phenomenon, the semifascist HOA officers making an issue over our grass being a quarter inch high or our window frames being the wrong color.

Posted by: Asian guy ()
Date: July 12, 2016 07:31AM

That's bullshit saying asians don't do yard work!I'm asian,I mow my lawn every week and pull up the weeds.Blacks are the ones that don't do yard work.Grass would be more than a feet high.Only way,you get them to mow their lawns is to call the code enforcement on them.None of them have a job either.At least asians work their butt off!

Posted by: Asian guy ()
Date: July 12, 2016 10:01AM

Asian don't like trees.It's because most of the trees belong to their neighbors.If you live by blacks like I do.They rarely rake leaves in the fall.Most of the trees are gum trees.Gumballs and leaves would blow in my yard.After a hard day of work.I don't want rake that shit up.You dumbass probably don't either.I could care less if every fucking tree were cut down. It would keep me from raking somebody shit up in my yard.

Posted by: American guy ()
Date: July 12, 2016 09:22PM

Asian guy Wrote:
> Asian don't like trees.It's because most of the
> trees belong to their neighbors.If you live by
> blacks like I do.They rarely rake leaves in the
> fall.Most of the trees are gum trees.Gumballs and
> leaves would blow in my yard.After a hard day of
> work.I don't want rake that shit up.You dumbass
> probably don't either.I could care less if every
> fucking tree were cut down. It would keep me from
> raking somebody shit up in my yard.

This is why Asian countries are so barren and contaminated. You dummies rape landscape by plowing down trees with no regard. No trees = no clean air.

Posted by: Moving ASAP ()
Date: October 29, 2016 06:41PM

Neighbors on both sides of my home are Asian and neighbor across the street is Asian and this is my experience. I call the association at least once a month for some kind of deed violation. One family has many extended family members and they park along the street in front of everyone's home with the exception of their home and they have a barking dog (barking all day and night). The neighbor on the other side of my home keeps chickens, roosters and attemtpted to sale rugs from her home business with the showroom being her driveway. The neighbor across the street from me mows her lawn only after she receives a force mow enforcement ($200.000 fine). I have lived in my suburban deed restricted community for 15 years. The community was new and not any Asians during th beginning of the community. The community has turned over 3 times with new homeowners and during the last 5 years Asian have moved in more than any other group. They are quiet people but don't spend much time on home improvements especially lawn care. Also, a pattern that I noticed many of there relatives live in the same subdivisions making it more of a cultural community. The latter part does not bother me because I enjoy learning about the different cultures and they are pleasant people. However, I would really like for them and everyone to do their part to keep the neighborhood looking decent. With my biggest complaint as lack of lawn care. With that said, we are looking for another home hoping that we will avoid the same problem.

Posted by: Ludwig ()
Date: October 29, 2016 10:44PM

Cap'n chaos Wrote:
> Mr. Miyagi was Asian and he took really good care
> of his yard...
> Not sure what the OP is talking about

The Japanese usually take care of their yards.

Posted by: Ice cream ()
Date: October 29, 2016 11:01PM

Moving asap, fx cty has noise laws exactly for your dog problem. You can call the non emergency number to register a complaint. Or you can make a copy of the law, highlight the dog barking part and tape it to their door. Or mail it to them.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.