HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Are Personalize Plates a sign of Narcissism or Individuality?
Posted by: DMV God ()
Date: March 10, 2014 04:20PM

Only in NOVA do I see this - not in SW Virginia, Richmond or Tidewater. My guess is Narcissism, et tu?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are Personalize Plates a sign of Narcissism or Individuality?
Posted by: VANITY PLAIGHT ()
Date: March 10, 2014 04:36PM

Narcissism

Posted by: Dumfuk ()
Date: March 10, 2014 04:48PM

I used to live in Staunton and have traveled a lot of Virginia - there are personalized plates everywhere.

Get out more.

Posted by: tagger ()
Date: March 10, 2014 04:50PM

People who concern themselves with tags on other people's cars are the ones with a problem.

Posted by: sockpuppet ()
Date: March 10, 2014 05:04PM

tagger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> People who concern themselves with tags on other
> people's cars are the ones with a problem.

Yep. We should be thanking them as they volunteering to pay more $$$ to the government.

Posted by: Juan P ()
Date: March 10, 2014 05:05PM

Narcissism. People in this area are so full of themselves and its obvious with their plates.

Posted by: tagger ()
Date: March 10, 2014 05:08PM

sockpuppet Wrote:
>
>
>
> Yep. We should be thanking them as they
> volunteering to pay more $$$ to the government.

Exactly.....if it makes them happy who gives a fuck?

Posted by: FFX PLAYA ()
Date: March 10, 2014 08:08PM

I really hate when Douchebags have to announce what type of car they have, like MY BMW. Just drive Douchebags.

Typical Fairfax drivers.

Posted by: libs suck ()
Date: March 10, 2014 08:12PM

My plate says MY LEXUS.

Posted by: Darkies Suck ()
Date: March 10, 2014 09:05PM

And mine says MY BENZ.

I wanted NIGS SUK but it was already taken.

Posted by: DMV man ()
Date: March 10, 2014 09:18PM

In VA you can get away with anything

Posted by: Snake Plate Badass ()
Date: March 10, 2014 09:38PM

The worst is when a driver will have a vanity plate frame covering their vanity plate. Like "M// Performance" when they are driving a 10 year old 3-series.

Triple vanity douchebag points if they have a Don't Tread on Me plate. Are you trying to go for the narcissistic badass look too?

Posted by: City Yuppie ()
Date: March 10, 2014 11:31PM

Maybe they want smaller government.

Posted by: HEYOstupido ()
Date: March 11, 2014 12:29AM

Snake symbolism

The timber rattlesnake and eastern diamondback rattlesnake both populate the geographical areas of the original thirteen colonies. Their use as a symbol of the American colonies can be traced back to the publications of Benjamin Franklin. In 1751, he made the first reference to the rattlesnake in a satirical commentary published in his Pennsylvania Gazette. It had been the policy of Britain to send convicted criminals to America, so Franklin suggested that they thank the British by sending rattlesnakes to England.
Benjamin Franklin's "Join, or Die" cartoon

In 1754, during the French and Indian War, Franklin published his famous woodcut of a snake cut into eight sections. It represented the colonies, with New England joined together as the head and South Carolina as the tail, following their order along the coast. Under the snake was the message "Join, or Die". This was the first political cartoon published in an American newspaper.

When American colonies came to identify more with their own community and liberty than as vassals of the British empire, icons that were unique to the Americas became increasingly popular. The rattlesnake, like the bald eagle and American Indian, came to symbolize American ideals and society.

As the American Revolution grew, the snake began to see more use as a symbol of the colonies. In 1774, Paul Revere added it to the title of his paper, the Massachusetts Spy, as a snake joined to fight a British dragon. In December 1775, Benjamin Franklin published an essay in the Pennsylvania Journal under the pseudonym American Guesser in which he suggested that the rattlesnake was a good symbol for the American spirit:

"I recollected that her eye excelled in brightness, that of any other animal, and that she has no eye-lids—She may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance.—She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage.—As if anxious to prevent all pretensions of quarreling with her, the weapons with which nature has furnished her, she conceals in the roof of her mouth, so that, to those who are unacquainted with her, she appears to be a most defenseless animal; and even when those weapons are shown and extended for her defense, they appear weak and contemptible; but their wounds however small, are decisive and fatal:—Conscious of this, she never wounds till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of stepping on her.—Was I wrong, Sir, in thinking this a strong picture of the temper and conduct of America?"

Don't Tread on Me. For the idiots who only get it because "it looks cool", then you are a true douchebag. The snake is one of the few standing American symbols used today. It is as the bald eagle is to freedom. The snake is not there to look cool. It is there to hold onto the American ideals.

Posted by: WE3hM ()
Date: March 11, 2014 10:03AM

Personalized plates are stupid.You have to pay more per year and they are more easily remembered than a random alpha numeric plate.

Posted by: Confusing ()
Date: March 11, 2014 10:26AM

I once had this tag on my car : XLYZQR

The DMV employee asked me what that meant, I said absolutley nothing. She asked why I wanted it. I said to confuse the cops. She was not amused.

Posted by: Actually... ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:03AM

Confusing Wrote:
> I once had this tag on my car : XLYZQR
> The DMV employee asked me what that meant, I said
> absolutley nothing. She asked why I wanted it. I
> said to confuse the cops. She was not amused.

She was merely too polite to laugh in your face.

Posted by: DMV God ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:15AM

Haters are gonna hate
Attachments:
FCrosby.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.