HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Langley High School
Posted by: Mike ()
Date: March 18, 2011 11:31PM

Hey does anyone know about Langley, i heard its a decent school and i was contemplating whether or not to send my child there. Are there many drug problems?? gangs??? violence???

thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Langley High School
Posted by: nova resident ()
Date: March 18, 2011 11:48PM

Drugs? Gangs? Violence? In Langley no way. Bunch of rich white kids driving nice cars their daddies bought for them. No kid from Langley has had any hardships of any kind ever. Ever.

Posted by: Reft ()
Date: March 18, 2011 11:51PM

Excellent school. And very few minorities.

Posted by: its game time ()
Date: March 19, 2011 12:11AM

ive heard there are some major drugs problems... i guess they need some way to waste their parents money

Posted by: Where the like botton ()
Date: March 19, 2011 01:17AM

Posted by: saxon truth ()
Date: March 19, 2011 10:24AM

Yes major drug problems would be correct. Lots of money and no supervision. The kids run the show. Hopefully your kid has a strong head on its shoulders.

Posted by: Ploof ()
Date: March 19, 2011 10:26AM

Lots of smart Asians. Really uppity-ass white kids. BMW's everywhere. Send your kid to McLean.

Posted by: Les ()
Date: March 19, 2011 10:57AM

As if rich parents don't do drugs...

Posted by: Problems ()
Date: March 21, 2011 08:19PM

Everyone is correct, it's for the rich. You don't hear much of about the drugs, pranks, sex, drinking; and low grades because of the reputation that is maintained. The discipline issues are not recorded unless it's so severe that they can't sweep under the rug. What your child will get from Langley is the name; however, if your child has strong self-control, good head on it's shoulder and most importantly, not concerned about the "in" crowd which will lead to some type of trouble, then go for it, it looks good on their college resumes. Good Luck-

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: March 21, 2011 08:28PM

McLean is WAAAAYYYY better than Langley - been that way for decades. Never been able to figure out why, but that's the God's honest truth of the matter

Posted by: AndTheyGetPlentyOdrugsAtTLC ()
Date: March 21, 2011 08:32PM

And you see a lot of these kids picking up drugs at the TLC and the related Hotels right down FX BLVD. (the BLVD., the Anchorage, the Breezway)

Even got 'LANGLEY HIGH' stickers on the nice cars they drive and pull right in to by weed, crack-cocaine, ecstacy, heroin, anything you want! Beer, wine, liqour!
Yolu name it, and for a price, you can get it!

To get hooked up directly, just cruise on down to the good 'ol TLC or one of these other homeless-help-the-needy shelter-places, hang out for about 5-10 minutes, and one of the 'dealers' will approach you sooner- than- later!

To learn more , just go to the 'SEARCH' right here on this WEBSITE, fairfaxunderground, type in

the lamb center

push 'search' and learn so much more about what's going on RIGHT IN YOUR OWN BACK YARD!

It's GREAT! That's RIGHT!

THE LAMB CENTER

You would be really surprised!

Date: March 21, 2011 08:34PM

sounds like somebody got kicked out of the Lamb Center and is still butthurt over it that they'd bring it up in a totally UNRELATED thread

just sayin'........................

Posted by: thw ()
Date: March 21, 2011 10:09PM

On a (relatively) unrelated note, how is Fairfax HS compared to Langley and McLean?

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: March 21, 2011 10:13PM

Langley? Here are a few things to know about it (Since I had the opportunity to choose between attending Langley or Herndon):

-The school's parking lot alone, is about as large as the entire property of Herndon High School.

-The kids drive everything from Hummers to Porsches, and 6 Series Bimmers. Generally, most of the non-luxury vehicles in the parking lot belong to teachers.

-The school seems to have very little control over the student body, and I've heard of kids getting away with crazy garbage at that school that would've ended up with students being expelled from Herndon. E.g., they had a huge food fight in their cafeteria when a friend of mine attended school there. The students threw food everywhere, flipped tables, and dumped garbage cans all over the place. What were the consequences for such actions? The kids walked off and made the custodians clean it all up, and then they even joked about it afterwards. For all of the gang activity or fights at Herndon, we NEVER had that sort of thing take place there.

Also, on a similar note, I knew someone who got cited for "Trespassing" at Herndon simply for making a u-turn in the side parking lot after dusk, yet when some Langley kids were caught in their parking lot after dark, they were let go without any trouble. Not only that, but in the Langley case the kids actually had spray paint cans and they were about to literally trash the school up, yet nothing happened to them (Rich, influential moms and dads make all the difference).

I knew some great kids who went to Langley, but I've also known some really wanna'be nickle-and-dime dope dealer thugs too (It's laughably pathetic).

So, Langley can be a great school, but it's a much different atmosphere than the average FFX. Co. high school. There are some extremely pretentious folks, and some of the parents really believe themselves to be gods and goddesses. Yes, there are cool people there, and I'm sure you can make some really good friends, but I've seen an increasing load of faggot type shit taking place over there during the last five or six years.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: horatio141 ()
Date: March 21, 2011 10:56PM

okay im tired of reading these stupid forums. Im a langley senior and ive gone here for 4 years. yes some students have nice cars. Is that a problem? we also score higher on SATs and are consistently ranked a top 50 high school in the nation. i can see how that would be a source of animosity from you people. I really hope i am not coming off as an "uppity-ass white kid"(whatever that means), i was really trying to avoid that. i hope this clears up some confusion. peace.

Date: March 21, 2011 11:03PM

no offense, horatio, but EVERY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY IS RANKED TOPS IN THE NATION. Dont get all butthurt over the thread, ok?

@pack leader - you have a pretty accurate description of the place, it's status, and the basic reasons for it's problems. You win +1 internets :)

@thw - that's like asking what the difference is between Capitol Heights and Leesburg: not much in reality, but it's CERTAINLY enough to make you want to be in one than the other, that's for sure LoLz

Posted by: student who goes there ()
Date: March 21, 2011 11:09PM

seriously, it's not that bad....

Posted by: horatio141 ()
Date: March 21, 2011 11:18PM

youre right gordon, i was venting. i just dont like how these isolated examples that happen in a heated langley/mclean basketball game are used to describe langley as a whole. But whatever, it is what it is.

Date: March 21, 2011 11:34PM

@ horatio - go the the Great Falls thread section and see how many posts were just about how Great Falls sux just cause the richie rich ppl live there

ppl like hating rich ppl just because, y'know?

That's the sorta prejudice that Langley's ALWAYS gonna have

yr just gonna have to carry yr burden the same way ppl who go to J.E.B. Stuart or Lee carry the burden of their sterotypes, y'know?

like you said, it is what it is, bro :)

Date: March 21, 2011 11:48PM

> "IT IS WHAT IT IS" ?

LIKE A MORON NAMED 'Gordon Blvd' THAT KNOWS JACK SHIT ABOUT
LEGAL CONTRACTS, YET LIKES TALKING OUT OF HIS ASS ?

I GET IT.

Posted by: POOP STICK ()
Date: March 21, 2011 11:52PM

'Gordon Blvd' wrote :
--------------------------------------
> "Dont get all butthurt over the thread, ok?"

YOU SEEM INFATUATED WITH USING THE TERM "BUTTHURT".
THIS MUST BE BECAUSE YOU ARE A FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL
WITH SHITTY-ASSHOLES ON THE BRAIN.

Posted by: Chantilly grad ()
Date: March 21, 2011 11:52PM

Langley is a nice school regardless of rich smart whatever.

overall if i were to send my kid to school it would be to Langley. As a chantilly grad i would pick Langley or TJ.

i hear negative things about other schools and chantilly included :/

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 22, 2011 09:55AM

I am wondering if horatio141 might comment on how easy/difficult it would be for a new senior to feel welcomed at Langley High School in the fall, 2011. He is gifted in math and science and Langley is STEM designated. Active in tennis too. If possible, a private message would be welcomed. Thank you very much.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd Wrong! ()
Date: March 22, 2011 10:37AM

he! He! hey Gordon Blvd, your WROONNGG! there are a lot of better things to do besides go to a pis-hole like the TLC!

It's about underage punks like YOU that go there to get their illlegal drugs and booze, and the rest of the related info posted on the thread you mention!

Again, everyone should go to the 'SEARCH' on this website, type in

THE LAMB CENTER

and read on about a most interesting thread article about the realities of the totally obvious illegal travesties that even now still are continueing at

the lamb center

and are being totally ignored by the local authorities because of the money-making angle of support that goes on with just a few 'controlled busts' that go on there!

And OOOOOOOOOOUOUOUOUH! How the TRUTH HURTS SO BAD!

You should see the exposing result (remarks) being made!

It's soooooooooooooooooo exposingly remarkable, it's pathetic!

GAWD I wish I was underage :(
Date: March 22, 2011 10:49AM

yr mom would give me a discount on bj's like she does those kids from Fairfax High LoLz

p.s. you are soooooooooooooooooo exposingly remarkable, it's pathetic! :)

GAWD, I am loving being a troll today - this is HILARIOUSLY entertaining for me and my co-workers on this slow day here

Keep 'em coming, Fairfax! Keep 'em coming ;)

Posted by: qwertyuiop ()
Date: March 24, 2011 07:04PM

langley high school is like two men sunbathing together on a beach or... something like that

Posted by: mf ()
Date: March 24, 2011 08:03PM

the persians are the ones that give langley the bad stuck up rep and drive most of the nice cars and build those ugly palace like "houses", not the white kids although the white kids there are sometimes to known to be largely prejudiced towards minorities

Posted by: "Stuck up white kid" ()
Date: March 24, 2011 11:13PM

ok here we go... like many of my fellow langley students, many of us do drive beemers.... most of which have over 150,000 miles on them and are 10 years old and are our parents old cars. If ur parents had nice cars that were getting old wouldnt you ask for it? sure there are a couple of daddys lil girls who drive nice cars eventhough they cant drive very well but u see that wherever you go. also the notion that just cause we are rich means that we buy the expensive drugs and are all high all the time is completly false. id say 1/4 of the student body does drugs but 90% of the drugs is pot. personally im proud to say that as a senior ive never smoked a thing in my life and neither have all my freinds that i hang out with and im not a nerd that just sits alone and jacks off by himself all day. langley is a great place and being a kid who knows a ton of kids that go to surrounding schools, we are the freindliest and least drugged up school around. and anyone that says mclean has less drug and alchohol problems is full of shit. theres drugs and alchohol at EVERY high school. and as for being stuck up, id like to hear a first person account of someones encounter with a langley kid where they walked away thinking" wow that kid was soo stuck up!".. go saxons

Posted by: sosohahapoo ()
Date: March 24, 2011 11:50PM

"Stuck up white kid" Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ok here we go... like many of my fellow langley
> students, many of us do drive beemers.... most of
> which have over 150,000 miles on them and are 10
> years old and are our parents old cars. If ur
> parents had nice cars that were getting old
> wouldnt you ask for it? sure there are a couple of
> daddys lil girls who drive nice cars eventhough
> they cant drive very well but u see that wherever
> you go. also the notion that just cause we are
> rich means that we buy the expensive drugs and are
> all high all the time is completly false. id say
> 1/4 of the student body does drugs but 90% of the
> drugs is pot. personally im proud to say that as a
> senior ive never smoked a thing in my life and
> neither have all my freinds that i hang out with
> and im not a nerd that just sits alone and jacks
> off by himself all day. langley is a great place
> and being a kid who knows a ton of kids that go to
> surrounding schools, we are the freindliest and
> least drugged up school around. and anyone that
> says mclean has less drug and alchohol problems is
> full of shit. theres drugs and alchohol at EVERY
> high school. and as for being stuck up, id like to
> hear a first person account of someones encounter
> with a langley kid where they walked away
> thinking" wow that kid was soo stuck up!".. go
> saxons

So they teach routine punctuation at Langley? Perhaps they should. Lay off the dope, son. Crack a book.

Posted by: mf ()
Date: March 25, 2011 10:35AM

its the fuckinnn persians man, im tellin u

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: March 28, 2011 11:51AM

Gordon Blvd Wrong! Wrote:
> THE LAMB CENTER

Hey homeless loser (that means you, the only homeless loser on the board)...

Stop spamming! Keep your hate for the Lamb in your own pathetic thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2011 11:52AM by More Complete.

Posted by: Student O' Langley ()
Date: March 28, 2011 04:44PM

Alright, I love this forum but this is the first time I have made a comment on a thread. I currently go to Langley and I just wanted to clear some things up. I would say I'm an average student who attends the school. I would say these comments represent a vast majority of students at my school, but I can't say I speak for all. (I did this from an adults point of view)

Pros:
-Great Academics
-Great Sports Program
-Fun Atmosphere
-Very Accepting Community
-Almost Zero Gang Activity
-Great Teachers (for the most part)

Cons:
-Drugs (Mostly Marijuana)
-Drinking
-Spirit

I'm not going to lie, Langley isn't perfect. But please look at any other high school in the county (including TJ) and tell me there isn't a drug or drinking problem. I'm not some rich kid who thinks they can buy whoever they want. I live in Vienna (right at the cutoff of the district) and live in a normal single family home like most of the other kids in Fairfax county. Yes, most of the students at Langley are a part of a privileged community but we do not, in no way, shape or form, pretend like we own anyone. Yes there are nice cars in the lot, but I've been to away games at other schools and their lots have nice ones too. Langley is 60 years old! When I have been to other schools for matches, they dwarf our school with their size, and also look 100x newer. I believe that Langley (I can't speak for other schools because I haven't attend any others) has a great community that supports everyone in and around their community. Just last week we had a student (name not to be used) got injured while on a band trip. His family, going after one heartache after another, was having a terrible financial and family situation. The school (mostly the students) started fundraising and raising awareness. The impact and tenacity at which Saxons came together is amazing. And finally, that stupid rumor about that food fight is 100% fictitious. There is no way that ever happened, because I know for a fact that something would have been done. I have asked around and no one has ever heard of such a thing.

@Mike- So bottom line, Langley is like any other high school in the county. We have a great community, sports, and academics. Yes there are problems, but the school cannot do everything. I believe if the student has been raised right, then they know what is right and wrong. I enjoy Langley and I'm sure your kid will find friends in no time.

Posted by: seconded ()
Date: March 28, 2011 04:51PM

^ very well stated, sir.

Posted by: The horse ()
Date: March 28, 2011 05:01PM

Langley is full of crazy mother fuckers, but I love it, the only thing that I hate about it is that one of the history teachers looks like a retarded horse, and I hate DJ with a burning fuckin Passion

Date: March 28, 2011 05:24PM

Langley on it's WORST day beats MANY OTHER ENTIRE HIGH SCHOOLS across this nation on their best day. Hands down

p.s I think "The horse" failed history, eh?

LoLz

Posted by: The horse ()
Date: March 28, 2011 05:51PM

Hahaha fuck no I have an A in history no thanks to my dumb fuck of a retarded teacher

Posted by: langleystudent ()
Date: March 28, 2011 06:03PM

Okay, lets clear this up...
First off Langley isn't perfect. No one said it was. Yes, we have many students driving in nice cars, but if you go to other schools like McLean, they do too. EVERY HIGH SCHOOL has some sort of drug or drinking problem. No school is clear of that. Not everyone that goes to Langley is from a rich family. Because they come from a well-off family doesn't mean that they're stuck up. I also live in Vienna (like Student O' Langley), and there are some people that live in Herndon and Reston. Langley is a great school for academics and have a reputation for that. They have great SAT scores and are in the top 50 high schools in the nation. Not only does Langley have a great academics, but the sports are excellent too.
That rumour about a food fight...that just sounds fake. And it is.

Posted by: another langley student ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:07PM

I also am a student currently attending Langley High School and after reading this thread I am truly offended. Langley is a great school with amazing teachers and students. The academics and athletics are better than average and the people who go there are nice, smart, and genuinely good people. The school is full of positive spirit, never bashing any other school at games. The drugs/alcohol abuse in which everyone is talking about is a lie. Just like any other high school in the county, there are some students who chose to drink and do drugs, and others who don't. Langley is not the only school with these problems and should not be talked about so harshly by people who don't go there and don't know what they're talking about. The administrators, parents, and members of the student government all work extremely hard to maintain and safe and happy environment for the students. Yes, we are not perfect, but the problems we face at our school occur at any other school in fairfax county.

Posted by: lhs student ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:15PM

fuck the haters.

Posted by: Brittany ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:17PM

I attend Langley and have a large house, a car, and plenty of other privileges. However this is due to the fact that my parents worked their asses off their whole lives. My dad lived in a one bath 2 bedroom house in the ghetto of Maryland with 4 other siblings. He worked 40 hours a week while attending college and now holds one of the highest positions at FDIC. My mother attended the University of Alabama, not the best school, however is currently named in consulting magazine one of the top 25 consultants in the Nation for financial services because she is motivated and driven. Both travel constantly and I am left at home with my nanny or with just one of my parents (hence why a lot of us have nannies, not because we are spoiled). My parents don't think they are gods, they are normal people and they worked to be where they are none of this was given to them. Now they have me and they make sure I am doing as best as I can in my classes. I take AP and Honors courses and play two sports and work my ass off because although I have money, my parents aren't going to send me to some party school where they pay a shit ton of money for me to do nothing. I have to work my ass off to create a future for myself as my parents did for themselves. So honestly saying we're spoiled and don't appreciate our money is bull shit. And saying we don't know anything about hardships is extremely wrong. I have a best friend who has lost a mother and a best friend who has lost a sister in addition to plenty of other students. I also know plenty of kids with extremely dysfunctional house holds so don't be so quick to judge.
If I had a kid right now, I would have no problem sending them to Langley. It's a great school that is respected among colleges and it'd be great for my kid's future. Also, you're not going to find a school where kids don't drink or do drugs anywhere.

Posted by: :) ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:20PM

GO BRITTANY

Obama's Approval Rating with Military? 15%
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:21PM

`

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2015 09:13PM by WingNut.

Posted by: "Buy you" comment ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:28PM

I think it was the handful of students who chant asinine, obnoxious comments like "we can buy you," make fun of the McLean Step Team, and destroy the other school's bleachers that give Langley a bad reputation.

To the students who posted here: From the way you write, it seems like you aren't like that.

Posted by: sid ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:28PM

DAYUM WATCH BRITTANY GALLANGHER GO!

Posted by: food fight was not fake ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:29PM

Food fight was not a rumor; it is online. Google "Langley Color Day."

Posted by: food fight was fake ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:34PM

Mustard and ketchup were thrown... no tables flipped. Wild food fight right....???
nice.
-Was in the cafeteria on Color Day 2010.

Posted by: student at langley ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:39PM

i will say that in the past years the chants we used to say were mean and we're sorry for that, but the SGA and administration has worked hard to change that and our chants are appropriate and not offensive at all anymore.

Posted by: The Unknown One ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:48PM

Langley does happen to have it's "i'm to good for school" kids but only a few.
Everyone knows the people i'm talking about. but a lot of school have kids like that. Yeah, Langley isn't that diverse but everyone has a place.

I personalty look at myself as a geek and find it easy to say that some of the guys (I'm a girl) are complete S.O.B.'s but that doesn't mean I don't have my own group.

I really love Langley (even though I complain about it on a day to day bases). Yes, there are some rich kids that don't know to value of a dollar but there are also kids that try as hard as they effing can. They are good kids. I don't really look at Langley as a druggie school. Yes, some kids smoke but isn't that kinda growing up? I mean not many people (parents, grandparents, and kids alike) can say they haven't smoked. Drugs are kinda around you no matter the school you go to, just be smart about who you hang out with.

The teachers are great. But the kids don't really respect them. If students understood the stress teachers are under then maybe the slackers would try harder. I have had wonderful teachers through out my high school career (I'm in 10 grade) and I have had bad teachers. Most of my, both bad and good, teachers tell you what you need to do at the beginning of the year. Oh and to the person who said "the horse" comment, that is rude on so many levels... You my fine feather friend are one of those SOB I'm talking about. I happen to love that teacher. That teacher is nice and respectful, if you ever need help in that class or in life they are there for you

Yes, Langley sports are great (not that I'm on any teams). But the kids try hard and are devoted to their team. And the Clubs are AMAZING! there are a lot of clubs and all are happy the let new people in

Yes, I am being Bi-est for Langley because it's the only school I've been to but I truly love it. I love the people there.. the only thing that is sad is the library... so so sad.

TL;DR Yeah Langley - good teachers and kids. its like a lot of other schools. drug- yes there are some but find a public school that doesn't. Clubs- amazing. Sports- good. spirit- lacking

-the Unknown One- DFTBA

Posted by: bystander... ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:49PM

now i dont go to langley, however judging by all the comments posted, it seems to have a strong student body that really loves and supports their school. langley seems like it has a community of students faithful to their school, that is always a positive.

Posted by: The Unknown One ()
Date: March 28, 2011 07:50PM

P.S. Yes colour day was a big thing but the school is trying very very hard to replace it

and student o' Langley- you have my vote xD

langley
Posted by: ive got a big dick ()
Date: March 28, 2011 08:08PM

langley is the shit

Posted by: SAXONS ()
Date: March 28, 2011 08:24PM

I have seen both sides of our district. i looked at South Lakes and Langley.Ultimately i chose Langley. Although there are some problems with spirit, our school excells in sports, academics, and through clubs. This year I have realized that all of our students are incredibly driven (more so than other schools) to do the absolute best they can do. Although they may go on more vacations and have nicer cars its because they work their butts off and most of them have summer jobs and work frequently. GO SAXONS.

Posted by: lhs student ()
Date: March 28, 2011 09:59PM

Langley has the best humanities department in the county. All academics are strong at Langley, but you can't find better English/History teachers anywhere you go. AP scores are always through the roof

Posted by: Brian ()
Date: March 28, 2011 10:05PM

Mike:
I am a senior at Langley High School and I am heavily involved in student government, Boy Scouts, and an organization called Stop Hunger Now. Langley's wonderful administration and the best teachers Fairfax County has to offer have taught me so much over the last four years. I feel very lucky and I am so thankful for all of the opportunities the school has created for me. Although there are some students who are involved in drugs, I believe that is true with any school across the county. I firmly believe that Langley will continue to improve on its already amazing academics and Langley will prepare your son or daughter for college better than any other school in Fairfax County. Also, with some of the best sports in the state in multiple sports and growing school spirit, your child will be very happy with the school's athletic performance.
Thank you so much for your interest in Langley and I hope you and your family find the perfect fit for your children's education!

Sincerely,
Brian

Posted by: shy ()
Date: March 28, 2011 10:57PM

man i love eating dick in the bathrooms holy shit it taste so good in my mouth oh my god yes cock and semen all over my body yes rub Mr. Ragones man juices all over my face

Posted by: Sean ()
Date: March 28, 2011 10:57PM

I am currently a langley senior, and first off, you all need to get a life, do you really have nothing better to do than sit on a forum bashing a highschool you never went to? pathetic. sure kids smoke weed and drink but i would love for you to name one school other than TJ in the nation where that doesnt happen, same goes for dealing, cutting class, trespassing ect.And its not our fault that our parents have money, if someone offered you a nice car youd take it right? no need to answer because you would. You ALL need to get your facts straight and stop being jealous that we had a better upbringing than you, oh and for the dumbass that said every school is ranked top 50 in the nation, obviously you didnt go to highschool at all. Langley is dope. peace

Posted by: DJ Sanders ()
Date: March 28, 2011 11:00PM

Ok EVERYONE LISTEN HERE. IM GOING TO THE POLICE RIGHT NOW AND REPORTING YOU ALL FOR TREASON AND ASSAULT. IN FACT, IM TAKING YOU ALL TO THE PRINCIPLES OFFICE. EVERYONE REPLY TO THIS POST AND GIVE ME YOUR NAME AND NUMBER SO I CAN REPORT YOU

Posted by: Senor Ragone ()
Date: March 28, 2011 11:08PM

suck my fat harry testicles i will rape you in the arsehole

Posted by: SGA ()
Date: March 28, 2011 11:17PM

alright no problem. Would you like me to lick ur butthole too?

Posted by: b ()
Date: March 28, 2011 11:44PM

Langley isnt a bad school at all. Its definitely not dangerous. Alot of people there do drive really nice cars and alot dont. I have no clue what its like now but when i went there some of the best known cars and "coolest" cars if u want to call it that were pieces of junk, classics or just regular cars i guess it depends on how much more materialistic the world has become in the last decade or so for that to matter. who gives a fuck about a food fight really if thats the biggest issue thats nothing. basically with anywhere u go, doesnt it really matter what your goals are. I will say langley was prob bad for me, I would have probably done better just about anywhere else but i didnt do bad i cant blame the school for that. You could pay a bunch of money for your kids to go to a private school like o and basically have the same experiance minus the uniform... why dont u try oakton, or a school in loudoun or madison.. langley is more like a private school really if that will be a problem then it will be an issue

Posted by: Señor Ragone ()
Date: March 28, 2011 11:49PM

On my face preferably it'll be like colorday all over again only with semen

Posted by: Senora Bhenke ()
Date: March 28, 2011 11:55PM

ok ok everyone ok listne ok bien OYE MENIOS el langley es escueala muy bien si ok ok SHHHHH you need to be ok quiet ok bien si ok

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: March 29, 2011 06:17AM

Mike Wrote:
> Hey does anyone know about Langley, i heard its a
> decent school and i was contemplating whether or
> not to send my child there. Are there many drug
> problems?? gangs??? violence???
>
> thanks in advance.

First buy a house in the Langley school district. Then leave us alone.

I have no kids. But this is like the 6th thread where people ask if a public school in a wealthy zip code is good because they are thinking of sending their kids there. .Do you really have THAT much of a choice on the matter?

I should start a thread saying "My teen currently goes to Westfield. I am thinking of sending him McLean. Is McLean any good?

Fairfaxunderground rules: Lilliputions, not ok. Midgettville ok. I got it now.

Posted by: A Langley graduate ()
Date: March 29, 2011 07:14AM

First, Langley is not 60 years old. It was built in 1965.

Second, Langley is not - as you kids will discover if you attend a state university such as U.Va. - better than other Fairfax schools. (Although you'll probably observe that kids from Fairfax are better prepared than kids from other Virginia counties.)

Third, most of the students' posts here are hardly ringing endorsements of the school's supposedly awesome teachers and sky-high ACT scores. ("I am being Bi-est for Langley"...good lord.)

Lastly, Langley has been characterized a rich kids' school for at least 35 years. I don't know about now, but 35 years ago, McLean was a bedroom community of mostly ranch houses and split levels occupied by government workers and their families. (In those days, federal pay, even at the highest GS levels, was nothing to write home about.) The houses at Langley Oaks, a development that went up by the school while I was a student, were the first McMansions most of us had ever seen.

What seems different now is how Langley kids embrace and defend the "rich kid" characterization even though at least some of them still seem to be the children of government workers. Maybe the mother being a second wage-earner makes the difference financially. *shrug*

Posted by: taxpayer ()
Date: March 29, 2011 08:59AM

Posted by: Amanda ()
Date: March 29, 2011 10:14AM

Langley's reputation stems from the belief held by many students attending other schools in Fairfax county, whom seem to believe that simply because of the lack of diversity in the population at Langley (it is made up primarily of white Americans, and those with Asian descent) it is automatically more "posh" than others. It has been called "BMW" high school, but I would like to bring to the attention of others that despite having some very wealthy people in the area, 1% of the students there are in fact below poverty level. I'm aware that 1% is a minuscule number, but it is not to be ignored.

But to answer your question, Langley is not affiliated with gangs or violence, but it has high access to drugs and alcohol. It just depends, it's not hard to stay away from influences, but it's also not hard to be influenced.

Hope this helps!

Posted by: firechief10 ()
Date: March 29, 2011 10:43AM

ok I went to Langely, graduated in 78, my brothers went to Langley from the opening of it, one graduated in 68 and the other in 72. Back in the 70's yes POT was big in the school. But academically it had always been a good school. And to the person who said not too many minorities, it must have changed becasue we were well intigrated when I attented. In the begining the county did little for the school, my dad and a few of the boosters put second mortgages oon our home to get the lights for the football field and we hand built the snack bar for the football field. We were out their every evening with our dads laying block for the concession stand. which the came out of our pocket not the counties. It used to be somewhat family oriented but not so much today.

Posted by: concernedstudent ()
Date: March 29, 2011 02:36PM

Im a langley junior and the reality is Langley is an un-diverse rich kids school. Their is a large number of kids smoking pot but no more than any other school. As far as the education, your kids going to get a great one if he takes ap and advanced classes. If he takes the average curriculum he's going to spend his time memorizing SOL information so the teachers can keep their jobs. As far as admins at langley, They have very little interest in your child's well being and are more concerned trying to clean up their name as "The rich kids drug school". For example, their is this one kid, Tarun Sharma ,who deals pills and pot brownies in the gym bathrooms during Saxon Time. If you don't mind things like that than your kid will be fine.

Posted by: saxoncountry ()
Date: March 29, 2011 03:58PM

id like to respond to "concernedstudent". I for one find it very insulting that you would blatantly shut down the Langley Administration. I have gotten to know many of them over the years and they are extraordinary people that are very concerned and in tune with the students. and in addition, this is no place to go and make up rumors about other people. I happen to know that kid and hes a good guy. Go ahead and insult the school as a whole, but it becomes a really ridiculous when you think its ok to start making up things about people.

you need to get your facts straight and talk shit about people somewhere else.

Posted by: cock gargler ()
Date: March 29, 2011 04:55PM

Tarun Sharma selling drugs? theres a good one. his day is spent masturbating to Frank Wolf and abusing government textbooks. As for LHS admin, they will find any reason to stick it up your ass, i went to take a shit during class and came back to security waiting for me, they then proceeded to search my bag, and my car before giving me saturday school, not to mention the time they accused me of stealing snickers bars, which i also recieved a saturday school for. i have a 3.8 GPA and scored 2100 on the SATs, this wedding is horseshit.

Date: March 29, 2011 04:59PM

saxoncountry Wrote:

> I have gotten to know many of them over the years
> and they are extraordinary people that are very
> concerned and in tune with the students.

If you actually believe this than you are a delusional person. The admins are nothing more than test score whores that are set on the idea that stricter punishments and bans are the only way to improve the school. I have a very personal relationship with most of the admin's and can guarantee they are incompetent people who buy plasma tv's during a funding shortages, fuck kids futures instead of working with them, ignore student concerns, create fake facebook accounts to stalk students, ruin long running school traditions, and not remove students like Tarun Sharma who sell pills and pot brownies in the gym bathrooms during Saxon Time. ITS OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!

Posted by: youre a fucking idiot ()
Date: March 29, 2011 05:08PM

do you actually believe tarun sharma deals drugs?? that throws out all validity to your statements, even though i agree that langley admins fucking rape us in the asshole on the daily

Date: March 29, 2011 05:24PM

Tarun is the new Frank Lucas and the whole i'm a condescending conservative douche bag persona is used to help him conceal his massive in school drug dealing. He is actually on the far left and contract to popular belief, doesn't masturbate to pictures of Frank Wolf three times a day.

Date: March 29, 2011 05:27PM

Re: Langley High School new
Date: March 29, 2011 05:24PM

Tarun is the new Frank Lucas and the whole i'm a condescending conservative douche bag persona is used to help him conceal his massive in school drug dealing. He is actually on the far left and contract to popular belief, doesn't masturbate to pictures of Frank Wolf three times a day.

yeah, dude - pretty BRAVE of you to call out somebody by name on a website without

a) any proof

b) keeping yr ass anonymous

Posted by: Sharma 2024 ()
Date: March 29, 2011 05:34PM

Tarun Sharma will be president one day. you watch.

Posted by: Meat Beater ()
Date: March 29, 2011 05:44PM

Tarun Sharma is a douche

Posted by: HHIHTFF ()
Date: March 29, 2011 05:48PM

tarun doesnt sell drugs.
everyone else: please calm the fuck down. if your main concern is whether one guy sells drugs or not, then your lives must be pretty bland. if your going to waste your time complaining about langley, then focus on something that is actually of value.

such as: the fact that the lunches are made from plastic.
there. you may begin the ranting...

Posted by: Langley Student ()
Date: March 29, 2011 05:49PM

food fight was fake... i was there. sophomores threw mustard and some people jumped on tables. these people were punished and not allowed to go to the homecoming game. so to say that the administration has nothing under control and we run free with no consequences would be exaggerating the the utmost degree. langley is a VERY good school with great test scores and a great student body. yes, a lot of people have money but it has nothing to do with the school. we aren't treated differently. the school building is complete shit while schools with gang violence and poor test scores get to have a great facility to learn in (i'm thinking south lakes- although i'm not entirely sure if there is gang violence) get the full story before you judge highschool kids and call them druggies..

Posted by: Tarun Sharma ()
Date: March 29, 2011 05:51PM

Well, there seems to be a bit of disdain for me. I have never meant to insult anyone, and I would like to clarify that I do not sell any sort of drugs. Anyone who knows me knows that. I would like to thank those who came to my defense. It is much appreciated. Let the food rant continue.

Posted by: saxoncountry ()
Date: March 29, 2011 06:00PM

awkks, "concernedstudent", youve been "owned" by tarun. suck it.

Posted by: James Brolin ()
Date: March 29, 2011 06:08PM

DON"T FUCK WITH TARUN SHARMA

Posted by: John C. Calhoun ()
Date: March 29, 2011 06:47PM

Alright, let's clear something up. I have dealt with kids from both McLean and Langley High School. The truth is both sets of students come from almost entirely the same socioeconomic backgrounds. Both student bodies have kids in the top 1% of the tax bracket, yet blast rap music in the parking lot. Both schools have douches, dealers, and losers. While Langley is seen as "uppity" because a few students have parents who work as high level executives and rack in millions, so their kids drive BMWs, I know plenty of McLean High parents with professional degrees (doctors, lawyers) who bring high six-figure salaries. The reason we fight is because naturally our egos assume that the school we attend is the better school.

Second, in reference to the "Tarun" quote. I find this comical not because of it's intent, but because the person who wrote this was either just joking around or a meek coward who will live with his/her parents until he/she is 38, without a job, looking like an unfunny Zack Galifinakis.

Third, everyone have a nice day. Peace!

Posted by: Persian soph ()
Date: March 29, 2011 06:52PM

It's the persians? honestly? first off the majority of our palacee like houses are not built by us yes some of us build our own homes but the majority bought those palace like houses meaning they were there before we got them. second, we're a minority at langley we are not a big enough group to give it the reputation of being rich and stuck up.. we all did that together. Langley as a whole is a wealthy school and that's where it gets its reputation from not because of a minority of persians whose parents are well off and I can garauntee the number of white kids driving expensive cars is far above the number of persians simply because they're the majority. Its not a bad thing our parents work hard and make money we work hard and get good grades and high test scores but I'm just saying when someone looks at our school to judge us they look at the majority not a small minority so its not fair to blame that all on the persians.

Posted by: wow ()
Date: March 29, 2011 06:59PM

tha fuck?? who said anything about persians? Persia isnt even a fucking country anymore thats whats REALLY funny, you just dont wanna be called iranian because then everyone would think you a terrorist, but thats besides the point,everyone knows langley is run by 1. white people 2. laxers 3. weed..period.

Posted by: iranian* ()
Date: March 29, 2011 07:18PM

yo bitch why dont you scroll up a bit and read there was a bunch of shit being said about how langley has a bad rep because of persians and i use the word persians because that's what they used sorry to offend deuces.

Posted by: iranian* ()
Date: March 29, 2011 07:20PM

Re: Langley High School Posted by: mf ()
Date: March 24, 2011 08:03PM

the persians are the ones that give langley the bad stuck up rep and drive most of the nice cars and build those ugly palace like "houses", not the white kids although the white kids there are sometimes to known to be largely prejudiced towards minorities

Date: March 29, 2011 07:32PM

You guys can argue your points against or for Langley all you want, but one thing is pretty damn clear. Tarun Sharma is running a large scale drug trade during Saxon Time.....

Evidence( quotes from Taruns Facebook)

1. "Shit - someone's on to you, Tarun. I guess you'll have to find a new place to sell pills."

2."hey dude do you know where i could find some pills and/or pot brownies? you always give me the best prices"-----(It's amazing, Tarun's cocky enough to start participating in cyber drug dealing)

Posted by: lawlzz ()
Date: March 29, 2011 07:35PM

bahahhahhaha youz fuck1n dumbbb n1g@@@. lanley kids are smart if we were dealing drugs we wouldnt post it on fb if u cant tell taruns making a joke of you stupid comments maybe langley is slightly too rigorous for your brain capacity.

Posted by: langleystudent ()
Date: March 29, 2011 07:53PM

I am currently a student at Langley, you may be right that our school has really nice cars, our surroundings are filled with big houses, and money isn't a problem for many students, what does that have to do with education? Students work their butts off to get an A, and no amount of money is going to give you an A. We also have respectable sports teams which come out on top for the district, region, and the state. Every school has it's problems and I can bet you every school has kids smoking weed and underage drinking. Regardless of where you go you will find these problems. We get a reputation because of our parents money, but the students of Langley have nothing to do with the fact that our parents are successful, instead of dissing the school you all should be thinking about how those people got to where they are today. Every school has its problems and those problems are addressed, I completely object to the statement that our problems are being swept under the rug, because although you say negative things about McLean and Great Falls, Langley is made up of more then those two cities. If I was thinking about sending a child to Langley I would know I made the right decision everyone has a voice that wants to speak up and say what they think needs to be heard.

Posted by: Cat daddy ()
Date: March 29, 2011 08:09PM

Langley High School is a great choice for any student to attend, but they must learn "the bernie" in order to become enrolled. It is a prerequisite to any and all courses offered at school.

Posted by: student of langley ()
Date: March 29, 2011 08:49PM

I never realized before that there basically is no meaningful difference between Langley and Westfield.

Thanks for the edukacion.

Posted by: TR ()
Date: March 29, 2011 08:56PM

Tarun Sharma shot down all of the Aldante brothers in a single night.

If you're ok witrh behavior like that, send your kid to Langley.

Posted by: OB ()
Date: March 29, 2011 09:00PM

Tarun Sharma invented crack cocaine. I wouldn't be comfortable sending my child to a school with a person like that.

Posted by: Frank ()
Date: March 29, 2011 09:01PM

Tarun Sharma was the second gunman at the JFK assassination.

Posted by: Jona ()
Date: March 29, 2011 09:04PM

Tarun Sharma was what was in the suitcase in Pulp Fiction

Posted by: Joey Aldante ()
Date: March 29, 2011 09:07PM

Tarun Sharma shot down all of my bruddas in one night. They sleep with the fishes now.

Posted by: Barney ()
Date: March 29, 2011 09:08PM

Tupac Shakur lives in Tarun Sharma's basement

Posted by: Rush Limbaugh ()
Date: March 29, 2011 09:11PM

Tarun Sharma was really born Africa but he won't provide a birth certificate.

WHERES THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE TARUN?

Date: March 29, 2011 09:15PM

This is factual. I can't argue with this post.

Date: March 29, 2011 09:16PM

The Tupac Shakur one, anyway.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.