HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Reston Town Center Pediatrics?
Posted by: NOVA Resident ()
Date: January 06, 2009 11:12AM

Looking for pediatrics in Reston
Found - Reston Town Center Pediatrics

any comments on these folks?

Also, any suggestions for a good pediatric in Reston/Herndon would be appreciated.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reston Town Center Pediatrics?
Posted by: those who know ()
Date: January 06, 2009 11:22AM

The most senior physician in the Reston practice is the single best physician I know.

Has a gift for diagnosis that is unparalleled. Kind, thoughtful and incredibly well trained. Has saved lives. A terrific piece of luck for parents that this physician chose pediatrics.

To the extent that most organizations are only as good as their leaders, I can't recommend this practice highly enough.

And no, in prediction of snide comments that occur here, I am in no way affiliated with this entity and like most everyone else can perceive competency, if in this case not brilliance, when I see it.

Posted by: Mrs. K ()
Date: January 06, 2009 12:09PM

I highly recommend Elden St. Pediatrics. They were wonderful pediatricians for my children.

When our youngest son was born with a genetic syndrome and everyone else predicted horrible outcomes, they were the only ones to offer us hope.

Years ago, it was really difficult to get timely early intervention services for my disabled child. These doctors helped us fight the county and the insurance company to get needed services. Our son wouldn't be able to walk today without those services.

When our insurance company dropped us for being too costly, these doctors treated our kids for a reduced cost.

They listen to parents and are great diagnosticians, plus they all have additional specialties. Their office runs smoothly, and referrals are never a hasssle.

These doctors really love their patients, and are exactly how I wish every physician could be.

Posted by: Somebody ()
Date: January 06, 2009 01:14PM

Unless you have a specific reason to go to a pediatrician (like Mrs K) take your kids to a GP starting day one out of the hospital. Preferably use the same GP you and your husband use.

You will get better treatment as well as making life logistically easier when everyone in the family gets sick.

I've always felt we have gotten better treatment because it is a break from their regular routine when our kids come in.

Posted by: observer ()
Date: January 06, 2009 02:25PM

I also recommend Elden Street pediatrics.

I would disagree with taking children to a GP. They are just that...general. They aren't always used to dealing with children and their special needs. I tried this once before we decided on a pediatrician and we were not happy with the results. Our GP is great, just not with children.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.