HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
GMart?
Posted by: Lil Sally ()
Date: January 25, 2014 03:02PM

So i was wondering what that new GMart in the fair lakes shopping center is? Is it like a grocery store or what? Does not look American....

Options: ReplyQuote
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: January 25, 2014 03:15PM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2014 05:26PM by chuckhoffmann.

Re: GMart?
Posted by: Kimkim Kimchee.... ()
Date: January 25, 2014 05:50PM

Posted by: Luke ()
Date: January 26, 2014 07:18PM

This place is pretty cool. Asian grocery store that seems cleaner than average, and it has a lot of American grocery brands. Perfect place to stock up on ramen and potstickers. They also have a large bin with filled with living blue crabs.

Posted by: NiggerPlease ()
Date: January 26, 2014 07:24PM

Equivalent of Lotte (Fairfax Circle) or Great Wall (Gallows Road). Basically the Wegmans of International food.

Posted by: bweellth ()
Date: January 28, 2014 07:03AM

If "International" means "Asian", then I guess it's international. The guy that said "cleaner than average" must have gone there on the day it opened. It already smells inside. All of the seafood was past time. The fish all had cloudy eyes, which is the easiest way to determine how fresh it is. If it smells fishy, then its not fresh. The Latin section contains no more selection than Giant or Wegmans. In fact, those stores are more international then this place if you count the ethnic/geographical variety available. This place will be gone soon like most of the Asian markets. It is not really in a great location. If the Asian stores can't last in Centreville, don't see how this will since the demographics don't add up.

Posted by: Harry Balz ()
Date: January 28, 2014 03:57PM

We went in there the other day. Definitely an Asian market - the whole place reeks of fish. We had to leave in less than 5 minutes because of the smell. They had one of these stores at the Yorktown Shopping Center at Rte. 50 and Gallows Road a while back, but it closed. And they had one in Reston too, that closed too.

Posted by: Mccarthee ()
Date: January 28, 2014 06:31PM

you know i went into to the soc. sec. office to see about scheduling an apt. at the FED soc sec HQ in fairfax

i get in: all asians in there, all, lots almost full. soc sec office.

another time i went to grocery at night (i rarely do) all asians in there the whole store at night. allot. at night only?

i thought it was weird. their are lotsa asians in fairfax but not near that grocery store

-------------------------
i grew up here. none here practiclaly until the 2000's when bullova started bring them in for the vote. how did they get status of being here long enough to collect soc sec? from CA?

just a few more gov jobs and contracts at triple pay and were set in the pyramid to keep the scheme going ...

--------------------------------
i see so much bullshit in this town i can hardly open my eyes

Posted by: MyName ()
Date: July 22, 2014 09:01PM

Are they closing or something? The last two times I went there, there was almost no produce, and there was no meat, fish or seafood that wasn't frozen.

Posted by: Woodson Rules! ()
Date: July 22, 2014 09:36PM

Their kids finally graduate from TJ. Time to pack it up.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.