HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
JR Stockyards Inn
Posted by: Steakish ()
Date: December 22, 2013 10:15PM

I was on International Dr the other night and it looked as though the JR's sign was lit and even had Christmas lights underneath it. Is it open again, or about to open? Why would the sign be like that? I miss that old place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JR Stockyards Inn
Posted by: JR Jihadist ()
Date: December 22, 2013 10:20PM

The Internet, motherfucker...USE it.

http://www.jrsbeef.com/default.asp?page=events

Date: December 22, 2013 10:35PM

Gee, thanks for that, faggot. That's old. Hey, look at me, I post on a message board that people need to use the internet with clever names. But thanks, dork.

Posted by: JR Jihadist ()
Date: December 22, 2013 11:12PM

And yet...a message from their website expressing regret that they can't re-open dated...oh lookie...2012? Would suggest that they are not re-opening rendering your original post unnecessary. I'm sorry you're so butt-hurt about it though...

Tell you what...

Why don't you go ahead and go to your room...errrr, I mean your parents' basement? Don't worry, Mommy will be down soon to smother your genitals with marshmallow fluff while Daddy plays hide-the-nine-iron in your ass and watches you lick your own shit off the end of it. Then you can all watch "Cagney and Lacey" together...

Date: December 22, 2013 11:15PM

Fuck you, I sleep upstairs. My bedroom is almost as big as my parents, and I have my own personal full bathroom. I help them pay bills to so STFU.

Posted by: Questions, Questions, Questions ()
Date: December 22, 2013 11:19PM

Given how their last update was in 2012, I guess one might wonder if they'll ever open again? The elude to administrative "issues" delaying the process. The reality might be that the "administrative" items could be financing or other partners in the business.

Date: December 22, 2013 11:22PM

Steakish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fuck you, I sleep upstairs. My bedroom is almost
> as big as my parents, and I have my own personal
> full bathroom. I help them pay bills to so STFU.

Imposter.

Posted by: Can't Reopen ()
Date: December 23, 2013 08:07AM

It would take many more years to clean out the roaches that infest JR's.

Posted by: Morton's ()
Date: December 23, 2013 09:27AM

What's..."JR's"?

Posted by: You know, the place ()
Date: December 23, 2013 10:48AM

Morton's Wrote:
> What's..."JR's"?

It's the little red place in the shadows of the big buildings near International drive. The one time I ate there, I had a prime rib sandwich at lunch time. I'm not sure what it was, the meat had so much gristle in it and it was too damn chewy. Nothing like some of the better prime rib sandwiches that I've had in the past.

Posted by: NiceGuyEddie ()
Date: December 23, 2013 11:06AM

Is Chapter 11 an administrative issue? Also, JR is where old people ate...with their parents.

Posted by: An Adult ()
Date: December 23, 2013 11:35AM

Since none of you acne-plagued twerps knows your ass from a hole in the ground, JR's was a first-rate family-run restaurant serving top-grade beef and their own very nice barbecue. At least several steps up from a tasteless chain hack-joint like Morton's, which had to close its Tysons store last year. No roaches and very few assholes at JR's, unless their fat-ass mommies and daddies dragged some in there to celebrate "first communion" or some other loser moment like that. Otherwise, JR's offered a warm and homey atmosphere with excellent food well-served at quite reasonable prices. Pleasant wine list as well. They once operated on the ground floor of Circle Towers as well, but that was some time ago now. The website message is from late 2011. It says nothing about holiday lights that might be shining there right now. This means that "JR Jihadist" is just some limp-dick loser and waste of time. The conspiracy theory meanwhile is that the county refuses to permit JR's re-opening (they were closed to address questionable building issues to begin with) in hopes of forcing the family to sell their USDA prime land to developers at discount prices. If they are ultimately forced to sell, they will hopefully sue the county for extortion and end up with enough cash to open a new place nearby. NoVa is a worse place without them.

Posted by: JR's Mom ()
Date: December 23, 2013 12:33PM

An Adult Wrote:
> Since none of you acne-plagued twerps knows your
> ass from a hole in the ground, JR's was a
> first-rate family-run restaurant serving top-grade
> beef and their own very nice barbecue. At least
> several steps up from a tasteless chain hack-joint
> like Morton's, which had to close its Tysons store
> last year. No roaches and very few assholes at
> JR's, unless their fat-ass mommies and daddies
> dragged some in there to celebrate "first
> communion" or some other loser moment like that.
> Otherwise, JR's offered a warm and homey
> atmosphere with excellent food well-served at
> quite reasonable prices. Pleasant wine list as
> well. They once operated on the ground floor of
> Circle Towers as well, but that was some time ago
> now. The website message is from late 2011. It
> says nothing about holiday lights that might be
> shining there right now. This means that "JR
> Jihadist" is just some limp-dick loser and waste
> of time. The conspiracy theory meanwhile is that
> the county refuses to permit JR's re-opening (they
> were closed to address questionable building
> issues to begin with) in hopes of forcing the
> family to sell their USDA prime land to developers
> at discount prices. If they are ultimately forced
> to sell, they will hopefully sue the county for
> extortion and end up with enough cash to open a
> new place nearby. NoVa is a worse place without
> them.

JR, I told you to stop posting here! No go back down to your room, you failure of a son! P.S. You're adopted, you ugly douchebag loser!

Date: December 23, 2013 04:31PM

The whole you live in your mom's basement thing isn't very original. I mean E V E R Y ONE says that and thinks they are so clever. My god, this place sucks.

Posted by: An Adult ()
Date: December 23, 2013 05:51PM

Not to mention that "JR" (Jim Wordsworth) would be pushing 80 these days. Not likely his Mom is going to be flitting around the internets, Just goes to show you that assholes come in all sizes, includng really big.

Posted by: Part of Timberlake...really ()
Date: December 24, 2013 12:30AM

JR's used to be the financing backing for Timberlake. Now know as Timberlake Estates.

Posted by: Not Ted Georgelas ()
Date: December 24, 2013 01:12AM

Wordsworth just bought the land on which the restaurant is located this past November.

He operates a catering business out of Herndon with the same great beef & barbaque.

Posted by: JRs Neighbor ()
Date: April 09, 2014 10:22AM

I'm within walking distance of JRs and would like to see it reopen. Sure its an old school restaurant but a good steak joint. Choices are limited for those in the surrounding blocks. Losing it would be like losing Orleans House in Rosslyn. The food wasn't amazing but a reliable place to get some surf and turf in a comfortable, albeit older setting.

The "force them out" theory" is interesting as this real estate is now located near a metro stop (if it ever opens). But you have a very active Busara next door that isn't going anywhere and the lot where JRs sits is too small on its own for a large building. Plus I know some buildings across the street (facing Leesburg Pike) are zoned such that they can't sell to be replaced by bigger office towers. Perhaps someone is lining up properties on the cheap and then will bribe some officials to change zoning and we'll see a mega large office building come in.

As for the juvenile banter on this thread - grow a pair! There is no need to bash older, wiser and wealthier folks who eat at JR just because all you can afford are PB&J sandwhiches and Top Ramen.

Posted by: YoungStupidPoorAndPoor ()
Date: April 09, 2014 01:14PM

JRs Neighbor Wrote:

> As for the juvenile banter on this thread - grow a
> pair! There is no need to bash older, wiser and
> wealthier folks who eat at JR just because all you
> can afford are PB&J sandwhiches and Top Ramen.

Nope...fail. There's ALWAYS need to bash old, wise wealthy people. Fuck you and fuck JR's! You have both HAD your day...and you're done.

Now then...where's my fucking bloomin' onion appetizer, goddamnit!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.