HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Forklift Certification
Posted by: Mr. Mike ()
Date: December 21, 2013 08:40PM

Is there a place anywhere in the area where a person could obtain a forklift certification?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Forklift Certification
Posted by: Kgjhcv ()
Date: December 21, 2013 09:53PM

Loserville

Posted by: Mr. Mike ()
Date: December 21, 2013 11:07PM

LOL...

I actually came across a job working in a warehouse of a government contractor that would sponsor a secret clearance. One of the requirements was a forklift certification

But I don't know how to go about getting one

Posted by: weird ()
Date: December 21, 2013 11:26PM

Such thing might exist but I never heard of it. Can't you just offer to demonstrate that you can do it, in some safe area? for example offer to move some pallets around from one stack to another. Then they can "certify" you can drive. It seems like some people just naturally can and some can't Maybe those who can't can get better with practice. I drove forklifts in the course of my job the military but the only thing that might be considered a "certification" was simply someone adding it to the list of vehicles on your military license. It wasn't a big deal at all.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: December 21, 2013 11:49PM

I belive they offer the certification at the public libraries. Just go in, use any computer, open up MS Publisher, start making a business card, and type forklift certification on it.

Put down Brian Schoeneman as the person who certified you, he loves certifiying things.

Posted by: reality ()
Date: December 22, 2013 12:09AM

Posted by: Riley. ()
Date: December 22, 2013 12:30AM

The government also has classes for employees on how to use a ladder.

Posted by: reality 2 ()
Date: December 22, 2013 07:04AM

Riley. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The government also has classes for employees on
> how to use a ladder.

Jesus you are right.

http://www.laddersafetytraining.org/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=LST1

Does the government also require a necktie-tieing certification for office jobs?

How about a shoelace tieing certification? Every year more people are killed and injured by shoelaces than by ladders and forklifts combined. True fact.

Seriously, just whip up some bogus "certificate" in Powerpoint and you are good to go.

Posted by: Just a bug hunt ()
Date: December 22, 2013 09:32AM

Do what Ripley did in "Aliens." Just fire the fucker up, and start slinging shit around...the cigar will drop out of the foreman's mouth when he sees your mad skilz!

Posted by: easy peasy ()
Date: December 22, 2013 10:18AM

They is pretty damn easy to operate. Just look at the control levers before you do anything. Usually one makes the forks go up and down, one tilts them back and fowward, one shifts them left and right, and one spreads the forks apart and back together. Not all models have all those features though. There also is usually a manual way of adjusting the forks individually from the ground that should be self-evident to figure out.

Go slowly at first, maintain good situational awareness, and keep looking in all directions so you don't hit or bump anything. Keep the forks low, about 6" to 9" off the ground when you drive around. Put the forks down and engage the handbrake when you park. If it's an older Diesel model you might need to warm the glow plugs before cold-starting it. Voila, that's all there is to it. Start slinging shit around.

Posted by: VD4bM ()
Date: December 22, 2013 12:01PM

We have to wear a hardhat when running the forklight (or for those who actually use this stuff MHE, material handling equipment).

Posted by: Sewer Rat ()
Date: December 22, 2013 12:45PM

Usually 'certifying' to forklift is an inernal thing... such as IKEA or Home Depot... They have skills you have to demonstrate and boom you're an operator.

Posted by: wiggins ()
Date: December 22, 2013 08:36PM

I was never certified. In Florida, I used to run one of the largest marine forklifts in the world. Capable of picking a 46 foot, 52,000 pound boat out of the water and lifting it 50 feet in the air and putting it on the rack.

My "certification" was that the boss trusted me to not smash million plus dollar boats.

Posted by: birth certificate ()
Date: December 22, 2013 08:41PM

reality 2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Riley. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The government also has classes for employees
> on
> > how to use a ladder.
>
>
> Jesus you are right.
>
> http://www.laddersafetytraining.org/?utm_source=go
> ogle&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=LST1
>
> Does the government also require a necktie-tieing
> certification for office jobs?
>
> How about a shoelace tieing certification? Every
> year more people are killed and injured by
> shoelaces than by ladders and forklifts combined.
> True fact.
>
> Seriously, just whip up some bogus "certificate"
> in Powerpoint and you are good to go.

No shit! The president used adobe illustrator to forge his birth certificate so if an illegal alien can pull that shit off because liberals hate America and don't give a shit that he's a terrorist you'll have no problem with a fork lift certificate.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.