HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sitting out election
Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: October 07, 2013 04:47AM

For the first time in my life I believe that I am going to sit out this election. I have voted in every national, state, local, special and anything else election that has ever been conducted. I just cannot make myself vote for either one of the sad characters called candidates in the governor race and I live in a one sided precinct and district where my vote is somewhat meaningless anyway. Oh well....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sitting out election
Posted by: Random ()
Date: October 07, 2013 06:39AM

Many people feel this way. I know it sucks, but consider not throwing away your vote. If you can't stomach the gubernatorial candidates, go to the polls anyway and vote for the one you dislike less or write in your candidate of choice. Consider it a protest vote. Then, vote your down ballot choices. Do you like either of the candidates for Lt Governor or Attorney General? Your state delegate? Local races? Throwing away your vote won't help matters. If you're a Republican, write in Bill Bolling. Cuccinelli robbed you or your opportunity to vote for Bolling in a primary, so write him in on November 5. If you're a Dem, write in anyone you like, but don't punish the rest of the ballot and send a message to the party leaders that you will not be ignored. Put on your best Glenn Close Fatal Attraction face when you do it.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: October 07, 2013 07:03AM

The state and national party only understands and reacts to complete disasters and a Democratic sweep may convince the state party that they are not running a non responsive and self serving fragment of the Republican party.

Posted by: 3rd Party ()
Date: October 07, 2013 07:37AM

Just do what I've been doing since 2008. Vote 3rd party. Sure, the Dems and Repubs don't care and it won't make a difference, but it's my small protest against this status quo fucktardedry.

Posted by: Curmudgeon ()
Date: October 07, 2013 08:10AM

i feel that if you don't vote you have no legitimate right to complain. but yeah, we're all on the same page -- the choices are terrible.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: October 07, 2013 11:41AM

So don't vote for governor. However I find it surprising that there isn't a candidate for Lt. Gov. or AG or the House of Delegates that you couldn't support. Also I suspect there is some bond issue that we'll need to vote on.

Posted by: 2 party system ()
Date: October 07, 2013 11:56AM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just cannot make myself vote for either one of the
> sad characters called candidates in the governor
> race

There are more than two candidates in this and almost every election.

Posted by: All That Matters ... ()
Date: October 07, 2013 12:10PM

Inquisitive One Wrote:
> I live in a one sided precinct and
> district where my vote is somewhat meaningless
> anyway. Oh well....

Sorry to hear your news. Do you by chance live in the 8th district and under the control of Rep. Moran?

Date: October 07, 2013 12:23PM

Moran isn't running this year. He won't be up for re-election until 2014.

Posted by: Oliva Newton's John ()
Date: October 07, 2013 12:30PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> Moran isn't running this year. He won't be up for
> re-election until 2014.

Who said he was? The OP said he lived in a one-sided precinct and district. That doesn't mean just for state office.

Posted by: Better Idea ()
Date: October 07, 2013 12:34PM

Check out Sarvis and consider voting for him. No chance he wins anyway, but at least it helps send a message to the established corrupt parties.

Posted by: Sorry To HearThat ()
Date: October 07, 2013 01:12PM

In any election there always the best of the worst, Only two have a chance to win. so hold your nose and
Vote for Kooch or

Stay home and dont vote at all.

Kooch is a wild man but hes stright up.. Terry is known as fast Terry for good reason..slimy never helod a elected seat, never ran a real business, a indider who used inside ifo for profit all along a scammer Dont be scammed.

Third party vote to be heard? Ok so you voted for Obama and now Fast Terry.
Accept all the lousy govt you can get.

Posted by: TheWord ()
Date: October 07, 2013 01:16PM

The down-ballot elections often have more influence on your life than the national/state ones. Your county/city council, mayor, school board, etc...

Date: October 07, 2013 01:29PM

Oliva Newton's John Wrote:
> Who said he was?

That would be All That Matters. Why even mention Moran when talking about the 2013 campaign unless you think he's running? Besides Wolf and Connolly are both sitting fairly comfortable in their districts.

Sorry To HearThat's logic is questionable, but he's correct on one point. If Sarvis does well, it is likely to be at the expense of Cuccinelli.

Posted by: Oliva Newton's John ()
Date: October 07, 2013 01:46PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> Oliva Newton's John Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Who said he was?
>
> That would be All That Matters. Why even mention
> Moran when talking about the 2013 campaign unless
> you think he's running? Besides Wolf and Connolly
> are both sitting fairly comfortable in their
> districts.
>
> Sorry To HearThat's logic is questionable, but
> he's correct on one point. If Sarvis does well,
> it is likely to be at the expense of Cuccinelli.

All That Matters asked which district he lived in. Your logic is questionable on a couple of areas. You made a huge leap from the question All That Matters asked and your assertion that he didn't know Moran was running this year. He was wondering, based on the OP's post, if he lived in Moran's district - which doesn't mean anything regarding when he's up for reelection. Secondly, Cucinnelli's base won't vote for Sarvis. Most of Sarvis' votes will come from the middle or one-issue voters, not the base on either side. His pro-pot stance will siphon as many votes from the young voters (democrats) as his less-government spending will from the republicans. It will be a wash.

Posted by: Kardinal ()
Date: October 07, 2013 01:47PM

3rd Party Wrote:
> Just do what I've been doing since 2008. Vote 3rd
> party. Sure, the Dems and Repubs don't care and
> it won't make a difference, but it's my small
> protest against this status quo fucktardedry.

This is probably what I'm going to do.

Posted by: Party of 3 ()
Date: October 07, 2013 03:58PM

Its far easier to do nothing except complain. You can't complain that there is no one worth voting for unless you worked your tail off to get someone on the ticket that didn't make it.

The fact is we have two very unpopular candidates. Can't change that now. Vote third party. Do a write in. But at least vote.

Posted by: ayip ()
Date: October 07, 2013 11:21PM

Two-headed one-party system. If you want change, don't vote for the two parties.

Posted by: BETTER VOTE ()
Date: October 07, 2013 11:28PM

DO NOT VOTE DEMOCRAT. THAT IS HOW WE GOT INTO THIS MESS WITH OBAMA IN THE FIRST PLACE. DEMOCRATS ONLY HAVE THEMSELVES TO BLAME.

Posted by: IamWithYa ()
Date: October 08, 2013 12:09AM

I was going to vote for the Cooch because I find Mccauliff so pitifully weak. He would be a puppet. TheChooch has a back-bone but he's a tea party "patriot". Well, fuck them. I plan on writing in my vote, that is if I can. And if I can I am putting down a name that I wish would have run, Jim Webb.

Posted by: Brings up a good point ()
Date: October 08, 2013 12:11AM

Can we write in our vote? Fuck voting for the "lesser of the two evils".

Posted by: Random ()
Date: October 08, 2013 06:56AM

You can write in anything you want. You can write in Jesus Christ and there's no law that can stop you.

Posted by: Plus one for Webb ()
Date: October 08, 2013 11:16AM

IamWithYa Wrote:
> I was going to vote for the Cooch because I find
> Mccauliff so pitifully weak. He would be a puppet.
> TheChooch has a back-bone but he's a tea party
> "patriot". Well, fuck them. I plan on writing in
> my vote, that is if I can. And if I can I am
> putting down a name that I wish would have run,
> Jim Webb.

+1

Posted by: think about it...... ()
Date: October 08, 2013 11:23AM

These questions are for voting on the National level:

1. Why would you vote for someone who does not pay into Social Security but you have to pay into it?

2. Why would you vote for someone who pays into their own special health benefits program whereas you have to pay into a PPO/HMO?

3. Why would you vote for someone who gets full benefits and retirement after serving just one term whereas you probably have to work 30 to 40 years or longer to get full benefits and retirement and that is if you are lucky enough that the company survives that long?

4. Why would you vote for someone that gets more time off a year for vacations than you do when you first start at a job?

Posted by: So Dont Vote ()
Date: October 08, 2013 11:57AM

If nothing matters to you throw your vote away for any third party or write in asshole, or dont vote because you say fuck voting for the "lesser of two evils"..

But then just shut the fuck up...cause you aint got nothing to bitch about except your own self.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.