HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
take down the basketball hoop
Posted by: HHOOPS ()
Date: November 25, 2013 07:26AM

I got a notice from VDOT that I had to take down the basketball hoop that has been in front of my house for over ten years. I live at the end of a court and kids from the neighborhood have been playing there for years. But apparently one of my neighbors does not like children playing in the court and they complained to VDOT

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: take down the basketball hoop
Posted by: hoops ()
Date: November 25, 2013 07:31AM

Got a notice from VDOT last week that I had to take down the basketball hoop that has been in front of my house for over ten years. I live at the end of a court, and my kids and neighborhood kids have been playing there for years. Apparently one of my neighbors didnt like children playing in a court and turned us in to VDOT

Posted by: mrbear says ()
Date: November 25, 2013 08:02AM

Duh, so what. A letter from the government,BFD. Ignore it and you have a 90% chance that the bureaucrat slobs that make up VDOT won't do a dam thing.

The neighbor niggers need a place to fantasize about being the next big NBA star instead of facing the reality that 80% will be in prison, on parole or probation before their 5 year graduation reunion arrives.
Attachments:
WORST-OF-THE-WORST-mugshot-32149405_400x800.jpg

Posted by: u7DXb ()
Date: November 25, 2013 09:16AM

If the hoop is in the street, there isn't much you can do about it except move it into your driveway. Then your disagreeable neighbor can screw himself. But then you'll probably have to deal with basketball imprints on the side of your house, and cracked and broken siding.

Posted by: Driving vs Bus ()
Date: November 25, 2013 09:20AM

I guess some people can stand the sound of the basketball being bounced.

I say leave the hoop up and see if they send a second notice. If they do just move into your driveway.

Posted by: Both Sides Now ()
Date: November 25, 2013 12:24PM

Our neighbor has a hoop on our pipestem. I don't have a problem with it as long as it's the kids on the pipestem and their friends who use it. But if the entire neighborhood decided to use it, the constant noise would get on my nerves too. It cuts both ways - show some consideration for your neighbor and they will return the favor. Unless you really want to escalate this, move the hoop to your house.

Posted by: Well ()
Date: November 25, 2013 12:27PM

You should leave it up. More letters will come. Eventually you will get a letter from VDOT that says they will be coming to remove it, and completion is expected on "X" date. You will have over two years from that date until the crew they contract out to complete the removal finishes. Fair warning, there will be lots of orange cones to cordon off the area whilst the crew sits on buckets and stares at shit.

Posted by: Mr rogers ()
Date: November 25, 2013 12:58PM

And I'll bet the complaining neighbor moved in well after you. Typical. Some motherfucker moves into a neighborhood and decides to upset the balance, because their minority opinion is all that matters. Plus they don't have the balls to talk to you about it in person first. Chickenshit.

Keep it in your driveway and move it out when it needs to be used. Fuck that neighbor.

Posted by: Mr. Trouble ()
Date: November 25, 2013 01:11PM

Get a mobile hoop and move it into the street just before he comes back from work.

Posted by: Or you could ()
Date: November 25, 2013 01:13PM

Take your game to the gym or park where the real ballers play. Who the fuck plays in their street or driveways anyway? Be a good neighbor.

Posted by: 8 year olds ()
Date: November 25, 2013 01:32PM

Or you could Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Take your game to the gym or park where the real
> ballers play. Who the fuck plays in their street
> or driveways anyway? Be a good neighbor.

But then his mom will be far away, and he can't have his capri sun

Posted by: live and let die ()
Date: November 25, 2013 02:04PM

A court, a cul-de-sac, or the end of a dead-end street is different from just a street.

Posted by: VDOT ()
Date: November 25, 2013 02:06PM

Did it come certified mail? If not, it can't be proven you've received notification...

Ignore that shit and hoop it up. Fuck your neighbor.

Posted by: Basketball Is For Criminals ()
Date: November 25, 2013 05:47PM

Fuck the nigger-ball hoops! I have had to deal with a white neighbor who has had one erected for years and their bastard children dribble that God damn ball all fucking day long and my other neighbors, including our family, would finally like some peace.

For the record, our house was the second one in the entire development so we are one of the orignial families to move in.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: November 25, 2013 05:53PM

Remove the hoop and replace it with with a covered boat on a trailer or van with ladders stacked high on top. Absent any neighborhood parking restrictions, these vehicles can be parked there permanently, will occupy more space than the basketball hoop, and will anger the neighbor considerably since there is nothing she can do to get the cars moved.

If you didn't give a shit about the van, you could install the basketball hoop onto it, not only obstructing the parking space but allowing the kids to keep playing.

Posted by: Cut the crap ()
Date: November 25, 2013 11:42PM

Your property is your property. That is where you you can put shit. Keep your crap off the roads. Pisses me off that I have to pay people (VDOT) to inform dumbshits about what they should already know.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.