HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Piero's Corner sucks!
Posted by: matt 703 ()
Date: June 10, 2013 01:14PM

I know this isn't Yelp, but I went to Piero's Corner over the weekend (where Carlos O'Kelly's used to be) to have some beers and food with my wife. They started us with Bread which was decent, but the pesto - i think that's what it was - was bland and terrible.

Our ceasar salad also was bland, no flavor. Our calamari was something i could have gotten at the frozen section of Safeway, except with LESS flavor. I can say that the Diavola stromboli was good, but damn this place blows. It's all fancy on the inside, looks nice, even has a wine tasting bar... but it's just LIPSTICK ON A PIG! Next time I want Italian, I won't be going here.

Anyone actually have good food here???

Damn I miss Carlos's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Piero's Corner sucks!
Posted by: bobby ()
Date: June 10, 2013 01:43PM

I've only had pizza from there, it's usually really good except I was a bit disappointed in the last pizza I got from them.

Posted by: Happy Diner ()
Date: June 10, 2013 01:45PM

I have been to Perio's several times, both their Herndon and now their Fairfax location. Their food is very good! Their sauces are all hand made in their store. The vodka sauce is amazing and their marinara is to die for. All desserts are hand made in the store, too. The tiramisu is FANTASTIC...is made fresh daily...and often sells out during the dinner crowd. The chefs are very accommodating, too...we brough my in-laws who have dietary concerns and they worked with us. Great please....give them another try!

Posted by: Kardinal ()
Date: June 10, 2013 01:56PM

Everywhere has bland Caesar salads.

I found the food there to be alright.

Posted by: Starvin Marvin ()
Date: June 10, 2013 02:12PM

My wife and I ate at the Fairfax Piero's for their $18.95 all-you-can-eat Sunday brunch. It's easy for them to say "all you can eat" when they don't put any food out! Specifically:
- Despite the fact that the restaurant was only about half full, we were told we would have to wait for 10 minutes in the lobby before beingt seated.
- The carving station had no meat on it 90% of the time. Once in the hour we were there they threw out some scraps of overcooked beef, which was gone in about 3 or 4 minutes.
- The pizza station rarely had any pizza on it. When the cook would pull a pizza out of the oven (about every half hour), people descended on it like a pack of starving jackels.
- The salad bar ran out of salad twice while we were there, and stayed empty for about 10-15 minutes each time.
- The fruit tray was reduced to about 5 or 6 pieces of cantelope slivers and stayed that way.
- There was a huge line at the omelette station that was only worth waiting for because everything else was empty.
- The head of the line ran out of plates twice.

I would never go back to this place!

Posted by: Oak Hill resident ()
Date: June 10, 2013 05:43PM

I have tried more than once to like the Herndon location but I just can't do it anymore. The food is just mediocre for the price.

It's a shame that Franklin Farm doesn't have a decent sit-down full service restaurant.

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: June 10, 2013 05:45PM

It is overrated. Have to say that for the price, you can do better at Mama Lucia's or Lil Italian across the street. No joke.

Posted by: qwqwqw ()
Date: June 10, 2013 05:45PM

I dunno, for the price especially with a coupon, I found it to be pretty tasty. The pastas are pretty decent, the bread and olive oil is nice, reasonable wine prices. I don't think its the best Italian in DC but its certainly on the better end of the spectrum.

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: June 10, 2013 06:58PM

qwqwqw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dunno, for the price especially with a coupon, I
> found it to be pretty tasty. The pastas are pretty
> decent, the bread and olive oil is nice,
> reasonable wine prices. I don't think its the best
> Italian in DC but its certainly on the better end
> of the spectrum.

Yes the living social/groupon deals of 2 for 1 are a value in some regards, but top end. That would be Maggiano's.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.