HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The News-Advance SLAMS the Kookster: 'An Uncompromising Ideologue'
Posted by: Fat~Bottom~Girl ()
Date: October 27, 2013 08:39PM

"The Kookster? is one of the most in-your-face and abrasive politicians on the scene in Virginia today. <b>A rigid ideologue who rarely worked with his philosophical opponents during his time in the state Senate, “compromise” is not a word anyone would associate with him.

Which is our biggest problem with his candidacy for governor, an office of all Virginians, not just conservative, tea party Republicans.

By its very definition, a governor has to govern. That includes working with your political opponents, reaching across the aisle to develop relationships in the legislature … and in the population at large. A governor should not be an ideologue who hews to his my-way-or-the-highway, I-am-always-right agenda at the expense of leading.

The Kookster, to be blunt, is a conservative extremist, and history has shown us time and again that extremists of any political stripe are not good for the body politic. The recent shutdown of the federal government and the debt ceiling debacle of 2011 that resulted in the first-ever credit downgrade of the United States are ample evidence.

Unlike any other governor in modern Virginia history save for Democrat Doug Wilder, the Kookster is also a politician who has proven he will do what is best for himself and his personal political standing rather than what is good for Virginia or Virginians. His attempt to sabotage Gov. Bob McDonnell’s transportation plan is only the most brazen, most recent example. Nor does he do what’s in the best interest of his own party: His machinations of summer 2012 to change the nomination process from a primary to a convention and stab Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling in the back are what’s led to the looming civil war in the state GOP.

We’ve seen the damage political extremism can do in Washington. Perpetual gridlock. Critical issues not being addressed because politicians refuse to compromise or make deals … to govern. And America has been harmed as a result.

We don’t need that same mindset in the governor’s office in Richmond.

From fiscal matters to social issues, the Kookster has proven himself to be an uncompromising ideologue. Taxes, support for public education, civil rights, women’s issues: The attorney general is dead-certain that what he believes is correct, that those who disagree with him are wrong and must be vanquished. It may make for good fundraising letters, but it does not make for effective governing."

http://www.newsadvance.com/opinion/editorials/article_b051cb8e-3dbd-11e3-bb5b-0019bb30f31a.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The News-Advance SLAMS the Kookster: 'An Uncompromising Ideologue'
Posted by: Enough ()
Date: October 27, 2013 08:41PM

Please stop posting articles.

Posted by: Fat~Bottom~Girl ()
Date: October 27, 2013 08:47PM

Enough Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please stop posting articles.

If my posts offend your delicate sensibilities, I suggest that youtake a break from FFU until sometime after November 6.

Posted by: same ol gerry ()
Date: October 27, 2013 08:50PM

Enough Wrote:
> Please stop posting articles.

its just gerrymanderer doing what he always does.

Posted by: Equal Time ()
Date: October 27, 2013 08:52PM

Why would you not mention that they endorsed none of the above, and left out the whole section about McAuliffe?

You're such a disingenuous little fucktard. lol

"...The problems McAuliffe presents are legion. He has never held a single elected office … anywhere, despite living in Virginia for more 20 years. Until he expressed an interest in seeking the 2009 Democratic gubernatorial nomination, he’d never had anything to do with politics in the state at any level.

He was a businessman who, more than being “successful,” seems to have been lucky to be in the right place at the right time. GreenTech Automotive, an electric car company that has yet to produce a vehicle. Global Crossing, a fiber optic telecom company whose bankruptcy cost shareholders billions. Questionable involvement in the late 1980s and early 1990s in two politically connected banks. Overall, from the McAuliffe campaign, there have been few credible explanations of his business past.

McAuliffe was also the bagman/fundraiser-in-chief for President Bill Clinton in the 1990s, serving as chairman of the Democratic National Committee. That was the time, you may recall, when the Lincoln Bedroom and any corner in the White House was for sale to the Democrats’ highest donors.

Bottom line, McAuliffe is a self-promoting salesman, a huckster with hardly any experience that qualifies him to be governor."

Posted by: yousmell ()
Date: October 27, 2013 09:17PM

Fat~Bottom~Girl Wrote:
> Enough Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Please stop posting articles.
>
> If my posts offend your delicate sensibilities, I
> suggest that youtake a break from FFU until
> sometime after November 6.

Why don't you just stop posting until after then? I'm sure there are 1 or 2 people left who don't know that you hate republicans.

Posted by: voter13 ()
Date: October 27, 2013 09:20PM

After reading all of Fat Bottom's posts, I have decided to vote for Cuccinelli. If an imbecile like is that against him, he must be doing something right.

Posted by: Left hand jack ()
Date: October 27, 2013 09:30PM

Besides gerrymanderer I dont think there is one other person on here who gives a shit who wins. Things will not change, we will pay taxes which go south and never return. That will never change.

Posted by: voter13 ()
Date: October 27, 2013 09:31PM

voter13 Wrote:
> If an imbecile
> like is that against him...

Then I'll be the imbecile for him!

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: October 27, 2013 09:59PM

The only winner in that editorial is NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.