HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Realistically speaking, does Springfield Town Center look like it is less than one year away from retailers setting up shop inside of it?
Posted by: Realistic? ()
Date: October 25, 2013 12:07PM

Realistically speaking, does Springfield Town Center look like it is less than one year away from retailers setting up shop inside of it?
When I drive by there all I see is shit on a concrete floor but since I do not know anything about construction I thought I would come here and ask the experts on Fairfax Underground.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Realistically speaking, does Springfield Town Center look like it is less than one year away from retailers setting up shop inside of it?
Posted by: Old Keene Commuter ()
Date: October 25, 2013 12:12PM

I drive by there on my daily commute and it looks as if nothing has been accomplished, or the work is proceeding very slowly. It does not look anywhere near close enough to be housing stores in a year

Re: Realistically speaking, does Springfield Town Center look like it is less than one year away from retailers setting up shop inside of it?
Posted by: Unrealistic ()
Date: October 25, 2013 12:15PM

I don't think it will be ready untill 2016 if they finish it at all.
Vorando's track record isn't very good. They will probably default again and buy back pennies on the dollar.

Posted by: :( ()
Date: October 25, 2013 12:48PM

:(

Posted by: Springfield Rapist ()
Date: October 25, 2013 01:33PM

I agree. You can still see all the metal beams of the interior. I'm worried about this project.

Posted by: This Will Work ()
Date: October 25, 2013 02:23PM

The mall needs one of Obama's crack teams to accelerate development, much like his Obamacare website development team.

Posted by: c9VpD ()
Date: October 25, 2013 02:40PM

Since the Springfield Mall Redux is now courting retailers that cater to wetbacks, does it really fucking matter anymore?

They can put in one of their filthy bodegas and discount clothing stores for obese fat assed mouthbreathing tubs of lard right fucking now in the middle of the mess and the mall's targeted clientele would be perfectly happy to shop there.

Posted by: Realist.. ()
Date: October 25, 2013 03:22PM

They would have been better off just making it a medium size strip mall. The area is what it is, low income. No sense putting some upscale retailers in the joint when the only customers they see will be those there to steal merchandise.

Posted by: Upscale. ()
Date: October 27, 2013 12:27PM

Its supposed to be the areas leading upscale mall.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: October 27, 2013 12:43PM

c9VpD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since the Springfield Mall Redux is now courting
> retailers that cater to wetbacks, does it really
> fucking matter anymore?

That's how all malls are getting to be. I was forced to go to Potomac Mills last week and I swear to God it's like walking thru a vendor market in Montego Bay Jamaica with all the sales drones accosting you every 5 feet! Most of them speaking a tortured form of English. Saying "NO THANKS" only makes them more agressive.

Fuck shopping. I can get almost everything I need online.

Posted by: Lagree. ()
Date: October 27, 2013 01:42PM

Stabitha Wrote:
> c9VpD Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Since the Springfield Mall Redux is now
> courting
> > retailers that cater to wetbacks, does it
> really
> > fucking matter anymore?
>
>
> That's how all malls are getting to be. I was
> forced to go to Potomac Mills last week and I
> swear to God it's like walking thru a vendor
> market in Montego Bay Jamaica with all the sales
> drones accosting you every 5 feet! Most of them
> speaking a tortured form of English. Saying "NO
> THANKS" only makes them more agressive.
>
> Fuck shopping. I can get almost everything I need
> online.

I simply look at them and say, "I grew here. You? You flew here. Now leave me the fuck alone before I enslave you and your pathetic race..."

Posted by: CollegeBoy ()
Date: October 27, 2013 03:26PM

^trying way too hard to be a fail troll.

--------------------------
Twilight is best pony....FACT!

Posted by: Not in my book ()
Date: October 27, 2013 05:12PM

Upscale. Wrote:
> Its supposed to be the areas leading upscale mall.

Compared to what the one in Kenya that the terrorists killed people?

Posted by: ghet-to ()
Date: October 27, 2013 08:13PM

Upscale. Wrote:
> Its supposed to be the areas leading upscale mall.

Upscale, relative to metropolitan Springfield. That's not a very high bar.

That's like saying someplace is nice... for Jackson, MS.

Posted by: WTF IS GOING ON? ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:33AM

I just drove by there. The site is empty. Nobody doing any construction. WTF IS GOING ON?

Posted by: Sprinfield Mall (1972-2012) RIP ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:42AM

"this is the end my friend.
the end."

Did you really buy into Vorando's bullshit?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.