HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Wow! Just Wow! This durge of an article from the Washington Times almost makes me feel sorry for the Kookster. Almost...
Posted by: Fat~Bottom~Girl ()
Date: October 21, 2013 08:47PM

Last week, a handful of reporters and editors swung by the campaign headquarters for a chat. Mr. Cuccinelli entered to see most of the visitors in suits. “Sorry I didn’t wear a tie,” he said. But he was wearing a tie; he wasn’t wearing a jacket. An odd opening.

Over the next hour, the flagging candidate would dryly run through his campaign platform planks, each less interesting than the last. He wants to create jobs, jobs, jobs; offers a billion-dollar tax cut; plans to streamline government; is “pro-liberty”; has an anti-drone policy (for some reason).

But the more he spoke, the more he seemed surprised by his lack of success in a state that is still more red than purple, despite two wins by Barack Obama. And he seemed shocked by the mendacious campaign of his opponent — absolutely shocked.

“They’ve pounded the bejabbers out of me with a lot more money,” he offered. “Doesn’t matter if they’re telling the truth — they frequently don’t. I’ve never seen lying like I’ve seen in this race. And, you know, how do you deal with that?”

Like many Republicans before him, he blamed the media. “Their campaign puts out lies, it gets reported, and once it’s reported, it looks like a fact to voters. So, at that point, it becomes very hard to undo,” he said. The media “is the filter through which people learn about the race. Fair or unfair, that’s just the reality.” Uh, yeah.

The telegenic 45-year-old also blamed the federal shutdown for distracting voters from the gubernatorial race, but promised that late October will bring a “rush of attention.”

“And it’s all in minds. You don’t see it anywhere — it’s not like more cars on the street, more water in the pipe. It’s just in voters’ minds, one at a time.” Um, OK.

www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/20/curl-anatomy-of-a-losing-campaign/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wow! Just Wow! This durge of an article from the Washington Times almost makes me feel sorry for the Kookster. Almost...
Posted by: Key word 'almost'... ()
Date: October 21, 2013 09:13PM

Yeah, I read that. You forgot the part about the stale donuts and sad office space. You have to wonder if Cucinnelli has Asperger's (no offense to aspies) or is just hopelessly clueless.

Re: Wow! Just Wow! This durge of an article from the Washington Times almost makes me feel sorry for the Kookster. Almost...
Posted by: Huey ()
Date: October 21, 2013 09:37PM

Telegenic???

Posted by: CollegeBoy ()
Date: October 21, 2013 09:48PM

This man is a mook.

--------------------------
Twilight is best pony....FACT!

Posted by: ANGRYDRUNK ()
Date: October 21, 2013 09:59PM

WTF is a "durge", jackwagon?

Posted by: Wanking Sod Says ()
Date: October 22, 2013 08:07AM

ANGRYDRUNK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WTF is a "durge", jackwagon?

Google it, you wanking sod!

Posted by: Serge ()
Date: October 22, 2013 09:00AM

It's DIRGE, you pinhead!

Posted by: duhhhh ()
Date: October 22, 2013 09:37AM

Article summarized:

Kooch is going to lose.

It's because of terrible partisan media spin.

Encapsulated in an article that falls just short of Chicken Little in describing what will happen if Mac wins.

Because that's not partisan media spin.

This lack of ability to grasp glaring, ridiculous hypocrisy is what is killing the Republican party. The majority of the country sees through this bullshit and recognizes it for what it is. The only reason Republicans have the House right now is because they've spent the last 10 years redrawing their districts to mathematically lock them in & purging voter rolls because of "rampant voter fraud" that no one can show actually exists.

Desperate idiot politicians.

Posted by: duhhhh ()
Date: October 22, 2013 09:41AM

.. and to top off the ridiculous nature of this whole article, if you post a comment pointing out that the article is nothing but partisan media spin, they delete your comment.

Guess they only like the ones that compare this to Hitler. Republicans sure do love 'em some Hitler huh?

Wack jobs.

Posted by: oldguy ()
Date: October 22, 2013 09:45AM

And this article is from The Washington Times? The paper that thinks Fox News is a bunch of liberal commie bastards. Amazing.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: October 22, 2013 09:47AM

Fat~Bottom~Girl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Last week, a handful of reporters and editors
> swung by the campaign headquarters for a chat. Mr.
> Cuccinelli entered to see most of the visitors in
> suits. “Sorry I didn’t wear a tie,” he said.
> But he was wearing a tie; he wasn’t wearing a
> jacket. An odd opening.
>
> Over the next hour, the flagging candidate would
> dryly run through his campaign platform planks,
> each less interesting than the last. He wants to
> create jobs, jobs, jobs; offers a billion-dollar
> tax cut; plans to streamline government; is
> “pro-liberty”; has an anti-drone policy (for
> some reason).
>
> But the more he spoke, the more he seemed
> surprised by his lack of success in a state that
> is still more red than purple, despite two wins by
> Barack Obama. And he seemed shocked by the
> mendacious campaign of his opponent — absolutely
> shocked.
>
> “They’ve pounded the bejabbers out of me with
> a lot more money,” he offered. “Doesn’t
> matter if they’re telling the truth — they
> frequently don’t. I’ve never seen lying like
> I’ve seen in this race. And, you know, how do
> you deal with that?”
>
> Like many Republicans before him, he blamed the
> media. “Their campaign puts out lies, it gets
> reported, and once it’s reported, it looks like
> a fact to voters. So, at that point, it becomes
> very hard to undo,” he said. The media “is the
> filter through which people learn about the race.
> Fair or unfair, that’s just the reality.” Uh,
> yeah.
>
> The telegenic 45-year-old also blamed the federal
> shutdown for distracting voters from the
> gubernatorial race, but promised that late October
> will bring a “rush of attention.”
>
> “And it’s all in minds. You don’t see it
> anywhere — it’s not like more cars on the
> street, more water in the pipe. It’s just in
> voters’ minds, one at a time.” Um, OK.
>
> www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/20/curl-anat
> omy-of-a-losing-campaign/
Attachments:
1360787513369.jpg

Posted by: Fat~Bottom~Girl ()
Date: October 22, 2013 09:56AM

Hi Ralphie.

Attachments:
Cuccinelli-Clown.jpg

Posted by: ANGRYDRUNK ()
Date: October 22, 2013 09:58AM

"Google it"

Spell it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.