HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
MASON FINAL FOUR!!!!
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: March 26, 2006 05:12PM

Not what I wanted, but at least I can start the thread.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MASON FINAL FOUR!!!!
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 26, 2006 07:47PM

so lame... pff... the Gay Foursome. Oh yes, i dont care what any other fool says, this publicity WILL drive up tuition. if you say otherwise you are an idiot. way to go team. >:(

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: March 26, 2006 09:47PM

Gravis-

Go back to your paranoid rants about the cops. This is a great day for GMU and for Northern Virginia!

It is nice to see hard-working stiffs like Skinn, Lewis, Butler, Thomas and Norwood slay the giants of UNC and UConn. Before this tournament, these guys had ZERO chance of ever being on an NBA team. They have played the whole time out of pure heart and as a team. It's nice, for a change, to see a team play for the joy of playing and win!

Good luck, Patriots! I hope you continue to roll through the Final Four! This is what sports should be.

Posted by: The Statue ()
Date: March 27, 2006 03:17AM

DAGGGGGGEERRRR

Anybody else catch that the sports junkies and rosenberg said that GMU was the best team to bet against in the entire tourney? I can't wait to hear those fools backpeddle. Since nobody listens to Don and Mike--they were too busy giggling and orally stroking each other to notice sports.

Date: March 27, 2006 08:22AM

Fairfax MF-er Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gravis-
>
> Go back to your paranoid rants about the cops.

eat me.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: asnpcwiz ()
Date: March 27, 2006 01:16PM

It's been a while since I've posted here, but this deserves a posting.

First of all Gravis, who cares if the publicity drives up tuition? Along with publicity comes recoginition, investments, respect, etc. Tuition will go up but so will the money invested back into the school's sports and academic programs. It only helps.

This is an awesome sport to watch and if you aren't a basketball fan then even you can appreciate the victory of the underdog. There's been a lot said about not having any HUGE players this year because they all go in the NBA, well that is where they belong. This is COLLEGE BALL. So let the people who want to go to COLLEGE play ball. Don't be upset because there aren't any NBA prodigy's dominating the courts. Let them play ball.

If you are a basketball fan you will know how truly HUGE this is. No #1's making into the the final four. An 11th ranked CAA team making it to the final four. An 11th ranked CAA team beating 3 national champions on it's way to the final four. This is huge. This is bigger than David and Goliath. This is the essence of the underdog fighting with heart and showing what hard work and dedication is truly about. GO MASON. GO PATRIOTS...you've made No. VA, Fairfax, GMU, Alumni's, and all underdogs very proud!!!

Posted by: Fairfax MF-er ()
Date: March 27, 2006 03:19PM

asnpcwiz-

Don't waste your time with Gravis. He doesn't know what it is like to win.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 27, 2006 03:23PM

even I am happy about the win, and I'm screamingly cynical.

they did do some serious bracket-fucking, tho.

Posted by: graviseatspoo ()
Date: March 27, 2006 04:45PM

yeah, he's bitter. Anything that is connected with success irks him.
Its tough being a loser eh Gravis?

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 27, 2006 04:49PM

but gravis goes to mason, so by your logic he is connected with success.

Date: March 27, 2006 07:04PM

asnpcwiz Wrote:
> First of all Gravis, who cares if the publicity
> drives up tuition?

PEOPLE GOING TO MASON!

Posted by: beautifulworld ()
Date: March 27, 2006 07:42PM

asnpcwiz, you think the Mason players would really want to go to COLLEGE if there was no such thing as basketball? Regardless of their relative height, they're ringers; no scholastic aptitude there... And I bet if anyone has ever seen one of them in class, he was sitting in the back with his earphones in.

Date: March 27, 2006 08:34PM

Gravis, my point is if quality of products offered (i.e. athletic programs and scholastic programs) and reputation of school increases, it will be worth paying more for the college. Such as if you were accepted to both Harvard or Nova you would expect to pay more for Harvard because of better products and better reputation. I picked those schools only as extreme examples.

As for beautifulworld, I don't know what your statement means. Do I think any real athlete prefers college over pros? No, that isn't what I'm saying. The point is that a lot of these guys never make it to the pros. The highest level they'll play at is college, so let them play. I could honestly care less if they go to class or do their homework. When you are in the real world you will find it rare that people actually care if you go to class or do homework. If you do your job, and do it well...than that's all people care about.

Posted by: from the 757 ()
Date: March 27, 2006 11:44PM

You know there are some homers in the area that put Mason way further than they should have in their bracket and are now patting themselves on the back. I'm ecstatic that they're in the Final Four, I'm just sayin...

Posted by: beautifulworld ()
Date: March 28, 2006 08:31PM

asnpcwiz, you said, "So let the people who want to go to COLLEGE play ball." I assumed you meant, "So let the people who want to go to COLLEGE play ball." I love athletic champions; there are no greater triumphs that exemplify the strength and beauty of humanity than those of physical prowess. But somehow I don't think 'wanting to go to college' really factored in to those guys decision to matriculate. Of course I'm thinking one would want to go to college for the traditional pursuit of higher learning, and that's my mistake. And thanks for the advice on the "real world." Being forty-one and having lived all over the planet, I yearn for the lessons that its experts can relay...

Date: March 29, 2006 11:28AM

beautifulworld Wrote:
> thanks for the advice on the "real world." Being
> forty-one and having lived all over the planet, I
> yearn for the lessons that its experts can
> relay...

No problem. I won't even charge you either. The truth is, no matter what age you are, there are always lessons you can learn in life.

Date: March 30, 2006 02:16AM

asnpcwiz Wrote:
> Gravis, my point is if quality of products offered
> (i.e. athletic programs and scholastic programs)
> and reputation of school increases, it will be
> worth paying more for the college. Such as if you
> were accepted to both Harvard or Nova you would
> expect to pay more for Harvard because of better
> products and better reputation. I picked those
> schools only as extreme examples.

so... accademic and athletic performance are related? so paying for a school with a better basketball team means the same education is worth more. this sounds like a scheme the RIAA would think up.

Posted by: FieldOfDreams ()
Date: July 15, 2014 11:28PM

Duh, it's baseball season, loser.

Posted by: Necronomicon ()
Date: July 15, 2014 11:35PM

FieldOfDreams Wrote:
> Duh, it's baseball season, loser.

Thread Necromancy is frowned on 'round these parts!!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.