HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Looking down: Join me in saving grided trees of Fairfax
Posted by: Rod ()
Date: November 02, 2008 09:54AM

I have had the habit of looking down. I have found money and I have avoided in steeping in dog poop. But lately I'm seeing a lot of surround tree grids not being modified in thier break away sections.

Trees in a paved setting are often planted with two surround sections that have break away parts so that the grid can be broken away as the tree grows. Unfortunately no one is breaking them away as the tree grows and the trees are slowly but surly being grided curringoff the trees cambium layer as the tree grows.

It's just a matter of oversight no one thought about doing this thinking surly someone would think of this. There is no County department of trees to inform and if there was I'm afraid that well there's just no pigeon hold for this sort of thing.

If nothing is done plenty of good attractive trees will be grided to death and not replaced because none exist in the sizes needed if funds were available.This will be to the detriment of our parks and landscapes.

Here's what you can do to help:

- Try reporting these gridded trees to the appropriate authorities however uninterested of apathetic they are. If enough people do maybe they will be helped.

-Just get a large crow bar and break the grids. No one will know what you are doing. It's not a crime to help a tree doing what should be done.

-Report sightings of such trees here. I'll report a tree in front of the Reston Library and at the Reston Town Center and at the Holocaust Museum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking down: Join me in saving grided trees of Fairfax
Posted by: Adam ()
Date: November 02, 2008 10:54AM

Move to the forest, you'll love it.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.