HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Harry Reid at McLean Supermarket
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: February 02, 2011 08:20AM

http://berkshireeagle.blogspot.com/2011/01/obamacare-repeal-harry-reid-confronted.html

Someone ran into Harry Reid at an unnamed "gourmet grocer" in McLean. From the claims on the blog Reid refused to answer any questions on why he would not allow a vote to repeal Obamacare. The blogger announced to the other customers:

"This man is personally holding-up the ObamaCare Repeal bill by refusing to allow it to be brought to the floor of the U.S. Senate for a vote," and which law if left on the books "can eventually bankrupt the United States of America."

The crowd applauded the spectacle and left with his security detail red faced and humiliated by the attention.

I am thinking this was in Balduccis. McLean is a funny place for douchebag political sightings.

Ever hear of Peapod? You can surely afford it.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Harry Reid at McLean Supermarket
Posted by: JR ()
Date: February 02, 2011 08:41AM

They should have thanked him for keeping thier tax bill so low for another 2 years. Ungrateful ingrates.

Posted by: Additional Questions ()
Date: February 02, 2011 08:48AM

If the blogger had more time, he or she should have asked him why his home state of Nevada has the highest unemployment rate (15%, and that includes Las Vegas) as well as the highest home foreclosure rate of all the U.S. States. What a tool this man is.

Date: February 02, 2011 09:25AM

JR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They should have thanked him for keeping thier tax
> bill so low for another 2 years. Ungrateful
> ingrates.

Thank him? The whiny little fucker was browbeaten into it, as was Odumbo.

Don't act like this was something the dems did willingly or supported ideologically.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: February 02, 2011 09:27AM

I really don't buy the story as told. Someone "confronting" a shopper, the shopper wanting to go about his business, and the confronter making a announcement to cheers?

The people in McLean tend to be more informed, and brighter than the people in Alabama. Ir at least I would hope so. I can not believe they would applaud for a harraser shouting an over simplified sound bite.

And most people in McLean I would guess have health coverage already, so it would not affect them much.

This reminds of the cute story where the 12 year old girl took the training in gun use her dad gave her and used a gun against two illegal immigrants robbing her house. Cuts story, did not happen, but cute story.

Date: February 02, 2011 09:32AM

Radiophile Wrote:
>
> This reminds of the cute story where the 12 year
> old girl took the training in gun use her dad
> gave her and used a gun against two illegal
> immigrants robbing her house. Cuts story, did not
> happen, but cute story.

That's bullshit Phile, that story is totally true. It happened to a friend of a friends of my uncles.

Weren't you looking for a grocery store in McLean recently? If you had picked the good one and not shopped at that shitty Giant, maybe you would have been there to defend Sen.Reid.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: February 02, 2011 09:44AM

This sounds like rednecky horseshit, but even if it's true, it's totally stupid to confront a politician who's on his personal time and not at a public event. I saw Gingrich at the McLean Family Restaurant a few years back, and although I thnk he's a total fuckhead, the last thing on my mind was to walk up to his table and bust his balls. It's just retarded.

Date: February 02, 2011 10:00AM

Newt Gingrich is a pretty scary, big dude Meeper. I wouldn't have fucked with him either. You are lucky you got out of there alive.

Date: February 02, 2011 10:09AM

He actually did look much heavier in real life than he did on TV back then. Too bad I didn't have the courage to yell a bunch of dumb shit to him and then come home and write a blog about how proud I am to be a man.

Date: February 02, 2011 10:14AM

Nothing like the courageous heroes who call people names on the internet.

Good for him, that's what you are supposed to do.

Thank God this guy didn't get the Sarah Palin hitlist memo you were crying about last month.

Date: February 02, 2011 10:28AM

three-palin-bullseye-t-shirt.jpg

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: February 02, 2011 06:19PM

WingNut Wrote:
> http://berkshireeagle.blogspot.com/2011/01/obamaca
> re-repeal-harry-reid-confronted.html
>
> Someone ran into Harry Reid at an unnamed "gourmet
> grocer" in McLean. From the claims on the blog
> Reid refused to answer any questions on why he
> would not allow a vote to repeal Obamacare. The
> blogger announced to the other customers:
>
> "This man is personally holding-up the ObamaCare
> Repeal bill by refusing to allow it to be brought
> to the floor of the U.S. Senate for a vote," and
> which law if left on the books "can eventually
> bankrupt the United States of America."
>
> The crowd applauded the spectacle and left with
> his security detail red faced and humiliated by
> the attention.
>
> I am thinking this was in Balduccis. McLean is a
> funny place for douchebag political sightings.
>
> Ever hear of Peapod? You can surely afford it.

A friend of mine in McLean lived next door to Cheney's daughter, and across the street from them was Saudi Royalty (Both of whom had armed guards, with sub-machine guns and gatehouses). Colin Powell used to live on the same street as well.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: February 02, 2011 06:24PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
>

HAHAHAHAHA!

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: February 02, 2011 07:48PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
>

+1 LOL.

Posted by: MJNS ()
Date: February 03, 2011 02:34AM

WingNut Wrote:
> Radiophile Wrote:
> >
> > This reminds of the cute story where the 12
> year
> > old girl took the training in gun use her dad
> > gave her and used a gun against two illegal
> > immigrants robbing her house. Cuts story, did
> not
> > happen, but cute story.
> Nevadans voted for Suicide on 11-02-10.
>
> That's bullshit Phile, that story is totally true.
> It happened to a friend of a friends of my
> uncles.
>
> Weren't you looking for a grocery store in McLean
> recently? If you had picked the good one and not
> shopped at that shitty Giant, maybe you would have
> been there to defend Sen.Reid.

Posted by: mjns ()
Date: February 03, 2011 02:37AM

MJNS Wrote: Nevadans voted for Suicide on 11-02-10.

> WingNut Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Radiophile Wrote:
> > >
> > > This reminds of the cute story where the 12
> > year
> > > old girl took the training in gun use her
> dad
> > > gave her and used a gun against two illegal
> > > immigrants robbing her house. Cuts story, did
> > not
> > > happen, but cute story.
> > Nevadans voted for Suicide on 11-02-10.
> >
> > That's bullshit Phile, that story is totally
> true.
> > It happened to a friend of a friends of my
> > uncles.
> >
> > Weren't you looking for a grocery store in
> McLean
> > recently? If you had picked the good one and
> not
> > shopped at that shitty Giant, maybe you would
> have
> > been there to defend Sen.Reid.

Date: February 03, 2011 06:39AM

When was the last time someone started screaming in a public place and you felt so moved, you applauded? Sorry, if someone starts shouting at someone else, you tell them to STFU or get as far away as possible.

Posted by: security ()
Date: February 03, 2011 07:07AM

Where was his security? If that was just some regular person, and they were being followed around Giant being yelled at by someone they never saw before, I'd think they'd call the cops.

Guys got a right to express his opinion, but following Reid around yelling? Low class.

Date: February 03, 2011 07:18AM

Radiophile Wrote:
> When was the last time someone started screaming
> in a public place and you felt so moved, you
> applauded? Sorry, if someone starts shouting at
> someone else, you tell them to STFU or get as far
> away as possible.

LOL, that's what's totally stupid about the story and leads me to believe it's untrue. This is McLean, VA, not some hicktown in Nevada. Unnamed gourmet grocer? Here's a clue: there's only one. Balducci's. Why not just print the name? Dumb rednecks eat this kind of shit up though. Anything that involves someone acting like an asshole to prove their absurd concept of patriotism should be applauded. Especially in Balducci's. It's really a perfectly believable backdrop for getting rogue with the Tea Party.

Date: February 03, 2011 07:31AM

Good thing he wasn't shot, Meeper, on Sarah Palins direct orders nonetheless.

Date: February 03, 2011 08:21AM

Well I guess spontaneous applause does happen. Check out this email.

Subject: OK in Idaho

I arrived in Moscow, Idaho (Home of Idaho University one block from Best Western) and went to dinner at Best Western. About 85-100 people were in the Restaurant. I'm at a table for about 5 minutes when this "Group" comes in (20 people). They have Anti-War Picket Signs with them. It appears that two of these demonstrators are Professors. They all sit at a large round table behind me and begin to talk very loudly about US atrocities in Afghanistan. One of the "Professors" stands up and gives a brief talk about how the "US is famous for atrocities" and Afghanistan will be no different. One of the students asked a question about Viet Nam POW's. The "Professor" makes a comment about how that was only US propaganda about poor treatment of POW's.

OK - I'm really mad now and I jump up and go over to their table. In retrospect - Over the entrance to the Restaurant is a huge American Flag. On each table is an American Flag and a small hand painted sign "United We Stand") I excuse myself and ask the Professor if I can ask him a question. He says yes. I said that he appears to be of age to have served in VietNam, and asked him if he had served. His answer was, "NO - I defended this Campus and told the truth to the students. I then asked if he remembered what he was doing on February 16, 1969. When he answered, "Of course not - that was too long ago," I responded, "Really, I remember what I was doing. That was the second day of my capture and I had been standing in a bamboo cage for 24 hours with water up to my chest". I then said "Sir, your comments about how POW's in Nam were treated are a lie and I personally say to you, you are a ******* liar, as you never were there. I was a POW and they did not treat our POWs humanely. The only other person I have ever heard make the statements like you have is Jane Fonda. Is she telling the truth and not me?" He stood up and after about 10 seconds said, "Jane is a great patriot and I cannot visualize her lying."

With that, I reached over and grabbed the small American Flag and United We Stand sign and said, "I'm taking this back to my table where it can be appreciated". No one said a word to me as I started to walk back. However after a few seconds, people started standing up and applauding all around the restaurant.

Two men got up from a table across the room and walked over to me. The first identified himself as former US Marine Lieutenant Flynn and the other man was former Gunnery Sergeant Graboski. In a loud voice after introducing themselves, Lt. Flynn said they were former Marine Guards at a US Embassy. He then said, "We are over at this table to defend the US Flag from all foes, both foreign and domestic." They then sat down and asked their Waitress to bring their meals over to the table. A few more minutes went by with loud comments from the "Anti-War" table. All of a sudden, "Gunny" Sergeant Graboski stood up and in a loud voice said "All of you heard what the President said the other night. You are either with the United States or you are with the terrorists." He then said, "Please stand and join me in God Bless America."

As he started singing, people all around the restaurant stood up and joined in. Several of the students at the "Anti-War" table also stood up half way through the song and joined in. Both Professors and the majority of the students remained seated and refused to sing. At the end there was a great ovation.

The Manager came up to my table. (He and his staff came out from the kitchen and sang). He thanked me for what I started and then went over to the Anti-War table and asked them to leave. "I will pay for what you have had so far but I cannot in good conscience serve you - get out now!! One of the Professors then made a remark "Well, we are not going to pay one dime for how shabbily we have been treated." As they were leaving, one customer stood up and said, "Manager, here is $5 towards their bill, anyone else willing to chip in to get this scum out of here?" All over the restaurant, people stood up reaching for their wallet and saying, "I'll chip in" The Manager, in tears said, "My family is from Poland, I am now a citizen and am so proud of what I see tonight." He started crying and a couple of the waitresses helped him into the kitchen.

The two Marines and I were there for about another 20 minutes and finished our meal. The Hostess came up and showed us more than $100 dollars that all the other tables had told their Waitresses to give towards our bill. I thanked her but said I could not take the money. Lt Flynn suggested donating it in the Restaurant's name to the New York Relief Fund, so I guess that's what will happen. I just can't believe how Americans are coming together now. Just thought you would like to hear how the rest of the country is reacting to what happened!!!

Posted by: Les ()
Date: February 03, 2011 09:08AM

Dumb. US is already bankrupt. Bush ran 500 to 700 billion federal budget deficits and another 400 to 500 billion dollars in shadow deficits (home equity cash-outs) to prop up the war economy. The US needs at least 1 to 1.2 trillion dollar federal budget deficits to keep the economy from collapsing.

Posted by: MC ()
Date: February 04, 2011 05:16PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
>

I want that shirt!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.