HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Honda repair where?
Posted by: Finger Hut ()
Date: August 10, 2013 11:23PM

I felt Koons Honda in Manassas overcharged for an oil change. Damaged my bumper and light and fixed it over two further days. IMO service and cashier staff were impolite, in having squabbling over details of appointments to fix car and in explaining where my car was located after their body work was done.

Any other good dealers to recommend to service Honda car, still within 3 year warranty period?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Honda repair where?
Posted by: Not Arlington ()
Date: August 10, 2013 11:33PM

I went to Brown's Honda of Arlington with my acura because it was near my house and I (think) they tried to rip me off. All I asked for was an oil change but an hour later after dropping off my car I received a call and was told that I need a new battery and I have a nail in one of my tires. Funny, I thought, it just so happened that I replaced the battery and an alternator just a week ago. I declined. When I went to pick up my car I was given a slip with a weak battery reading. I went to Advance Auto where I purchased the battery and their test read the battery to be in good shape. I went back to Honda and asked for them to do a battery voltage test in front of me. Their second test came back fine. Needless to say there was no nail in my tire either. You be the judge but that's my experience.

Posted by: Not Arlington ()
Date: August 10, 2013 11:35PM

By the way Arlington Honda charges $30 for an oil change which I find to be a good deal for a dealer. I am sure as fuck not dealing with all the mess myself and they happened to be across my house.

Posted by: definitions ()
Date: August 11, 2013 12:45AM

Your mistake is going to the dealership for service. Find a highly-reviewed local shop, and only involve the dealership when you need warranty work done, or recalls.

Posted by: Arlington ()
Date: August 11, 2013 12:58AM

I generally do my own repairs but Ill take my car to a dealer for an oil change when the savings over doing it myself are very insignificant. At the end of the day, I can only trust my own work. I never understood how people can justify (and afford) spending 2.5k on a brake job at a dealer (certain friend comes to mind). For 2.5 I would have brembos on my car, just saying.........

Posted by: brake job bill ()
Date: August 11, 2013 05:43AM

Who the hell would spend $2500 on a brake job? You gotta be one stupid motherfucker to do that.

Posted by: Jelly ()
Date: August 12, 2013 09:11AM

Every Honda dealership I have been to in NOVA has been a rip off. I will never go back nor will I buy another Honda.

Posted by: Dave the Impaler ()
Date: August 12, 2013 09:18AM

Every Honda dealership I have been to in NOVA has been a rip off. I will never go back nor will I buy another Honda.
>>>>>>>>>

Regardless of brand, all dealerships are a rip off once your vehicle is out of warranty or the period of time when you get free services.

I thought I was done with Honda too but when I did my research, compared safety ratings, residual value and finance promotions to other cars, I ended up with a 2013 Accord.

Posted by: kindful ()
Date: August 12, 2013 03:00PM

Bethesda Maryland.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.