HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why is the fairfax county police crime mapping app not working?
Posted by: Nexon ()
Date: August 07, 2013 12:14PM

The crime mapping from the fcps police department website allows you to type in a street address for your neighborhood to see all police incidents that happened within the years 2006-2013. When I first tried it two days ago I was able to see all kinds of incident definitions icons show up on the green map on the left side of the screen. The results tab when clicked on even showed you all incidents reported in your neighborhood, it even included the 2013 burglary/shooting back in June.

Now when I go in and check, no incident icons show up and nothing shows up in the results tab. I've been trying all the options on the drop down menus for it and nothing shows up now for some reason. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why is the fairfax county police crime mapping app not working?
Posted by: fix ()
Date: August 07, 2013 12:18PM

Call any of the District Stations and ask to speak with the Crime Analyst. They will tell you if the system is down or not. Or how to fix it. There is a Crime Analyst at each station and they are the ones who enter the information into that system.

Posted by: Incident Viewer ()
Date: August 07, 2013 06:31PM

Posted by: Nexon ()
Date: August 07, 2013 08:08PM

No its not. When I first tried I clicked the agreement check box and then continued to app. When I typed in a a dress it showed icons for reported incidents in my neighborhood on the map. On the results tab it showed every single incident up to that date. Now when I do it its completely blank for both the adress search and results tab.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.