HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
School is only a month away
Posted by: Before I buy clothes ()
Date: August 06, 2013 08:52PM

Is FCPS going to allow yoga pants or not?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: School is only a month away
Posted by: Siege ()
Date: August 06, 2013 08:58PM

Knowing fcps probably not. Wish they existed back in my day.

Posted by: Teacher ()
Date: August 07, 2013 05:00PM

Why would you want to send your child to school in yoga pants? And please, not in sweatpants either past the first grade. School is like a job for kids. Have them learn to put some thought into how they present themselves. If your child has social skill issues, this is especially important. Look at how other students are dressed for cues - not the skanky kids, the normal looking ones. Having your child fit in helps them socially, although of course, you need to help them understand the fine line between peer pressure and being your own person. When parents tell me their kid is being teased I often want to tell them to look at how they dress the kid. It does make a difference to other kids, especially the type that tend to be mean. It makes it harder for the kid that is already socially awkward when they strike other kids as odd at first sight.

Posted by: facepalm ()
Date: August 07, 2013 07:03PM

Yes, this!!! Thank you Teacher! It doesn't have to be about the latest "it" fashion, just use the common sense given to you when shopping for your kids and then dressing them in the morning!

Posted by: imbiker ()
Date: August 07, 2013 08:35PM

Yoga pants or this? You decide.
Attachments:
CodePinkPig.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.