HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
does Fairfax County keep records of the hospital that I was born in? (or the name of the doctor that delivered me?)
Posted by: Peggy ()
Date: October 20, 2008 01:49AM

does Fairfax County keep records of the hospital that I was born in?
(or the name of the doctor that delivered me?)

a regular birth certificate just says what the name of the city/county
that I was borne in...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: does Fairfax County keep records of the hospital that I was born in? (or the name of the doctor that delivered me?)
Posted by: Bob ()
Date: October 20, 2008 01:57AM

Peggy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> does Fairfax County keep records of the hospital
> that I was born in?
> (or the name of the doctor that delivered me?)
>
> a regular birth certificate just says what the
> name of the city/county
> that I was borne in...

Yes. They do. They have your fingerprints and footprints on a birth certificate.

How else would you ever want to have an identity??

This isn't a fairfax county conspiracy theory. This is just how it is. Look at your birth certificate. Mine isn't from Fairfax County, I was born in Alabama, and grew up in Hawaii. My father was in the military, so I was glad to have my finger prints on my birth certificate when I was 35 and lost my wallet and had no other proof of who I am when I needed to get a new driver's license.

Re: does Fairfax County keep records of the hospital that I was born in? (or the name of the doctor that delivered me?)
Posted by: Mrs. K ()
Date: October 20, 2008 07:46AM

I was born at Fairfax Hospital. There are no fingerprints, footprints or doctor's name on my birth certificate.

Posted by: suburbanite ()
Date: October 20, 2008 09:18AM

Fairfax County doesn't fingerprint babies, or foot print them. I have 3 kids born here and none of them were printed, that would be a little too much of Big Brother for me.

If you need a copy of your birth certificate, contact the state health dept.

http://www.vdh.state.va.us/vital_Records/index.htm

They keep the records.

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: October 20, 2008 05:52PM

The only birth certificates I've ever seen that had finger or footprints were hospital certificates, NOT the official State (Vital Statistics, or some such) certificates.

Those hospital certificates generally aren't accepted as ID....I know the DMV doesn't take them.

I just looked at my Connecticut birth certificate....no prints, but it does have the doctor's signature, name and address.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: October 20, 2008 06:29PM

I wans born in DC in the 1960s and on my "Certificate of Live Birth" it indicates the hospital, the doctors name, date, time, whether it was a multiple birth and what number.
And it was cool because the birth certificate number is the year followed by your sequential birth number at the hospital.

I do remember seeing the hospital certificate with footprints on it. That was misplaced years ago. Oh well.

I would be amazed if Fairfax County did not keep simillar records. Someone from here may want to run for president one day and those issues could haunt him/her.

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: October 20, 2008 06:41PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> And it was cool because the birth certificate
> number is the year followed by your sequential
> birth number at the hospital.
>

Funny you mention that....I once had a job that had me checking ID documents.

People used to alter their DOB on their birth certificates, and some did a pretty good job of it...but they were too dumb to also alter the certificate number. That was the first thing I checked....LOL

Posted by: Margie ()
Date: October 20, 2008 07:27PM

Bob Wrote:
and grew up in Hawaii. My father was in the military,

Bob,
Where did you live in Hawaii and what years? My father was also military . I Lived in the Mililani/ Wahiawa area and graduated from Mililani High.

Posted by: 7FytX ()
Date: October 20, 2008 09:17PM

Bob Wrote:
> Yes. They do. They have your fingerprints and
> footprints on a birth certificate.

Perhaps you committed diaper crimes as a child.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: October 20, 2008 11:32PM

Margie Wrote:
> Bob Wrote:
> and grew up in Hawaii. My father was in the
> military,
>
> Bob,
> Where did you live in Hawaii and what years? My
> father was also military . I Lived in the
> Mililani/ Wahiawa area and graduated from Mililani
> High.

Schofield Barracks, in the 1970s. I remember when the McDonalds opened in Mililani town, and used to play soccer on fields all around Mililani town. I also remember when they finished the last stretch of H2, ending right between mililani town and Wahiawa, so we no longer had to take Kamehameha Highway with all the traffic lights, to get to Honolulu or Pearl Ridge Shopping Center.

I left when I was 10.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.