HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Effects of a Marijuana Charge (First Offense Prgram)
Posted by: FirstTimer ()
Date: August 18, 2009 02:31AM

So I'm probably going to end up doing the First Offender Program in regards to marijuana possession. Has anybody here gone through this? Ultimately it ends up as a dismissal which is good but the charge stupidly remains there permanently. I'm just wondering how this has effected people concerning jobs and also how the license suspension has effected them in terms of insurance etc? Thnaks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Effects of a Marijuana Charge (First Offense Prgram)
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: August 18, 2009 03:36AM

I wouldn't sweat it.

I have a marijuana possession charge from 1994. It has only been brought up once, when I applied for a job doing web development work for the FAA, and even then the guy that interviewed me laughed about it.

I wouldn't run for political office, however.

Posted by: fwfwel ()
Date: August 18, 2009 04:20AM

Yeah, in my mind I know it isn't really that big a deal but the thought of having something follow you for life is a bit overwhelming. I guess the worst part is the affect a license suspension is going to have on my rates. I wasn't even driving high!

Posted by: fairfaxgreen ()
Date: August 18, 2009 09:44AM

Yeah, that driving suspension doesn't make any sense

Posted by: to original poster ()
Date: August 18, 2009 11:11AM

Are you a minor? if so i would suggest to go to an informal hearing, where you will most likely get about 25-30 community service hours and will take a Marijuana class prevention ( i forget what its called), but if you take and pass the class prior to the hearing you will not be forced to take it again. if you are over 18 sorry i cannot help you with suggestions.

if you do do that, call your lawer and just ask him what to say, should not cost you any money and if you say the right stuff, and take account and responsibility for the mistakes you made you will be alright.

Posted by: james ()
Date: August 24, 2009 12:31PM

hello my name is james im 19 yrs. old. this is my first offense im so worried i have a little girl that is due in 3 months just recently got married and i will most likely spend time in jail. it was a small amount but ive never been to jail.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 24, 2009 12:33PM

You're not going to jail.

Posted by: Yahweh ()
Date: August 24, 2009 12:41PM

Having a child is a big reason behind me quitting. I don't think they will "take my baby" but I don't want to chance it.
If you are having a kid, while you are a kid yourself, it's time to grow up.
As soon as it becomes legal, I'll be the first one in line for Marlboro brand joints.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.