HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Centreville Library area - what's going down?
Posted by: Chaego ()
Date: June 29, 2013 10:14PM

Drove by the Centreville library on 29 just before 10:00 pm and FCPD had Machen Road blocked off - no left or right turns onto Machen and big police presence. Anyone know what's going on?

edit: it was Machen, not St. Germain, and apparently there was a serious accident. https://twitter.com/novafirelog/status/351137604835610624

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2013 10:18PM by Chaego.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Centreville Library area - what's going down?
Posted by: Centrevillguy ()
Date: June 29, 2013 10:21PM

They are still blocked

Posted by: MoreInfo ()
Date: June 29, 2013 10:23PM

*sigh*

Wait for it................

Posted by: Chaego ()
Date: June 29, 2013 10:27PM

MoreInfo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> *sigh*
>
>
> Wait for it................

I'll save them the trouble. A contractor was hiring illegals from in front of Centreville library and killing them at the end of the day to avoid paying them. FCPD got a tip that the bodies were being buried behind the library.

Posted by: nikeguy ()
Date: June 29, 2013 11:37PM

no seriously what happened

Posted by: UFO ()
Date: June 29, 2013 11:41PM

I heard a UFO landed and NASA has the place closed off

Posted by: 0tter ()
Date: June 29, 2013 11:54PM

These god damn contractors have gotten out of hand

Posted by: gbh ()
Date: June 30, 2013 12:13AM

Just the usual ghetto shit going on.

Posted by: Paco ()
Date: June 30, 2013 12:51AM

Drove by it tonight. I was on 29 slowly passing it and could barely make out what looked like mangled metal piled up next to the library. It appeared that a car top was completely cut off(im guessing emergency crews cut it off to get out those trapped inside.)

Thats all i got....

Posted by: NovaFireBuff ()
Date: June 30, 2013 02:00AM

E438, E440, T438, R421, M438, M403, M434, M432, EMS403, BC403, SAF401, Fairfax-1 Helicopter

Posted by: NovaFireBuff ()
Date: June 30, 2013 09:48AM

At Approximately 8:25pm Lastnight, Fairfax County Fire & Rescue, Fairfax County Police received a Call about a 2 Vehicle Accident at the Location of Machen Road and Lee Highway in Centreville. Units responded to the location and found a 2 vehicle accident with multiple injuries. Crews from Fairfax County Fire & Rescue quickly assessed the situation and they advised that they had one patient Pinned inside a vehicle, and they went to work removing the hood and extricated the patient and was transported to a location where Fairfax 1 Police Helicopter was waiting. Fire & Rescue units removed 4 patients from the 2nd vehicle involved, and they were ground transported by Medic Units. Fairfax County Police had both sides of Machen Road shutdown for a number of hours for the investigation of this accident.

Update on the Units who responded
E438, E440, T438, R421, M415, M403, M434, M432, EMS403, BC403, SAF401, FFX-1 Helo

Posted by: jcg ()
Date: January 18, 2014 04:57PM

Hi. I was doing some research, trying to see what I could read about this crash just bc I'm curious. It happened six months ago, and I was a passenger in the red toyota that was the cause of the accident. I haven't read an offical police report, thats what I was trying to find because I don't remember the crash exactly except feeling the car turning to the left (going left of center) and the horribly loud sound of the car hitting the utility box.

There was no drinking or drugs in me or the driver, the driver lost control because of extreme speeding.

I was told the jaws of life had to get me out of the SUV. In total I needed four surgeries and was in the hospital for three weeks. I broke my jaw, nose, bottom of my skull, two vertabrae, shoulder, wrist, a few ribs, and dislocated and broke my hip. I was wearing my seat belt, and surprisingly everything that I broke was on the left side of my body. I don't know how it could've happened that way.

I spent the next three months in a wheel chair, and two months I couldn't chew because of the jaw surgery. A great way to start off your summer, less than two weeks after graduating high school.

I don't know if anyone is even going to read this because it happened so long ago, but if you are reading this I can't say enough how important it is to never drive reclessly, and always wear your seatbelt. My seat belt saved my life, and I was still pretty banged up.

I am doing so much better now, done with therapy and finally got to move on with my life and start college.

Posted by: pebCM ()
Date: January 18, 2014 11:02PM

yep

Posted by: WHO GIVES A SHIT! ASSHOLE! ()
Date: January 18, 2014 11:07PM

Shut THE FUCK UP! FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU OR YOUR STUPID THREAD!

FUCK YOU!

Posted by: Hmmmmm ()
Date: January 19, 2014 09:35AM

Wow, somebody is still struggling with his parents' divorce. Or maybe your GED isn't opening up all the doors you had hoped.

Posted by: Well wishes ()
Date: January 19, 2014 10:58AM

JCG- I'm glad you're doing well, and getting back to your plans. That kind of shock and injury leaves an undeniable nightmare of a memory. It's nice to read that here. Good luck.

Posted by: Jacques Offe ()
Date: January 19, 2014 07:30PM

Well wishes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JCG- I'm glad you're doing well, and getting back
> to your plans. That kind of shock and injury
> leaves an undeniable nightmare of a memory. It's
> nice to read that here. Good luck.

Seconded. I drove by there shortly after the accident - one of the witnesses, who happened to be an EMT and was right there to respond, told me that the vehicle you were in was going well over 60, hit a utility box on the right side, then went across the median into oncoming traffic and right into a landscaping company's truck. It was a pretty bad accident. Best wishes for continued recovery. Did the driver survive? I never did see anything afterwards...

Posted by: jcg ()
Date: January 21, 2014 01:02AM

Yes the driver did survive. He was in the hospital for the next couple days, from a head concussion and some chipped teeth. I heard the car was going well over 60mph, can't imagine what possessed him to be driving so recklessly.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.