HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How About "Tech Innovators Family Circle" Fairfax NOVA__No Dues
Posted by: cafetwinv ()
Date: June 27, 2013 08:16PM

Question: Would some of the 16 Chambers of Commerce support this concept and value the benefits of having a "special tech innovator" group like this idea that once existed in Fairfax Metro DC under IEEE.ORG umbrella ?

Here in Fairfax County of 2 Million residents, we have 16 Chambers of Commerce.
By an large these Chambers consists of small business retailers, service providers
and professionals such as dentists, Medical providers, and home repair guys.
All very important ! But there is no real support structure for the "Tech Biz Innovators"
such as the 1000 SBIR (Small Biz Innovation Research) winners, past and future.

We used of a small tech biz entrepreneurs group under IEEE.ORG, a technical professional society when I was a member of this electrical engineers and physics people mostly for a number of years in the past in my previous career .

Once a month, Saturday, 9:30 AM_11:30 AM, We used to meet at Old Country Buffet at Fairfax and alternating with a Bethesda location. A great speaker typically with a 10 minute presentation and 10 minute Q&A and a sumputous Saturday Breakfast for $5.00 pay directly to the restaurant. No other costs.

People often bought a family member to our events as we encouraged "family garage" inventors and entreprneur types. Typically we got 20 to 50 people attending with pre-registration required.

Below is some stuff I have published that are typical topics of interest to tech innovators but not to retail business or service providers in a Chamber of Commerce.

Please Search Internet This Topic:
Tech Innovators Family Circle Fairfax Va Metro DC Tech Hub C2C

Question: Would some of the 16 Chambers of Commerce support this concept and value the benefits of having a "special tech innovator" group like this idea that once existed ?

Tech Innovators Family Circle could exist again with support from some of the Fairfax Chambers as we would encourage our attendees to become members of chambers and still participate in our group events and Forums that are particularl catered to people with life science and physical science or engineering background but with a "tech innovator" bent.

Cafe Twin

Tech Innovators Family Circle Fairfax Va Metro DC Tech Hub C2C

http://pinterest.com/cafetwin/tech-innovators-family-circle-fairfax-va-metro-dc-/
Attachments:
Club TI HMC Buffet  01-01-02.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How About "Tech Innovators Family Circle" Fairfax NOVA__No Dues
Date: June 27, 2013 08:29PM

Here is a photo of a typical breakfast event we did alternating between the Fairfax OlD Country Buffet at Little River Turnpike & Picket Road (next to the theater in the Mall) and at Bethesda near a Metro Station.

For the dinner meetings twice a year, we did the China Garden Restaurant at Rossyln at the USA Today Building.
Attachments:
Club TI HMC Buffet  01-01-01.jpg

Date: June 30, 2013 02:41PM

June 30, 2013

Date: June 27, 2013 08:29PM

Update: Here is a topic that ought to have a considerable interest among Fairfax Metro DC Hub Tech Innovators

Topic: Educational Video Games For High Schoolers particularly for Life Science (Biotechnology) and Physical Science (Physics and Electrical Engineering)

Do you want some background Info as to what investment on this topic have been made by the Federation of American Scientists (A Washington DC Based 501-c-3) who have made considerable "investments" via private public partnership since 2004 as given on their website below.

Have a look and see if this is a good topic for us Tech Innovators here in Fairfax VA Metro DC Hub "Eat and Meet" event ?

Learning Technologies Projects
https://www.fas.org/programs/ltp/games/index.html

Cafe Twin
https://www.fas.org/programs/ltp/games/index.html
Learning Technologies Projects

Posted by: waldenthreenet ()
Date: July 07, 2013 05:29PM

July 7, 2013

Tech Innovators Family Circle Café Twin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6xsRFmOWoM&feature=youtu

UTUBE New Video 8.0 Minutes in Length (“Unlisted” category, not public)

What Do you Think ?

"Yea" or "Ney" ???

Please sing out, those of you who are into heritage music...Rock,Blues, Bluegrass, Celtic, others, all heritage music apprecieted and welcomed at Cafe Twin .

Waldenthre.net

Date: July 10, 2013 07:32PM

Re: How About "Tech Innovators Family Circle" Fairfax NOVA__No Dues new
Date: July 07, 2013 05:29PM

Start Or Expand A Technical Business with A Federal SBIR Grant Phase I with a Innovation Team

http://www.squidoo.com/start-or-expand-a-technical-business-with-a-federal-sbir-grant-phase-i-with-a-innovation-team

Conversation: As an example, I just noticed at the NSF SBIR Solicitation (proposal due by December, 2013) "Educational Video Game" topic is included !

I have participated in SBIR Proposal Virtual Team preivously with an tech entrepreneur company that came out of the SBIR proposals and built the company to 30 people over about 10 years until this company was sold to a larger company and the owner, entrepreneur retired (Physics and Air Force Flyer Background) .

The owner served as the PI (Principle Investigator).

Anyone with a physics, chemistry, material science or other technical background would make a very good PI for a SBIR Proposal provided a virtual team can be put together around the PI and the idea that can be done by the team, for example,for this solicitation, an educational video game for a target market such as K-12 Students or special training stuff for VETS, would be great fit.

I have some knowledge and motivation on how to develop a virtual team around a suitable PI for "educational music video" topics for a SBIR or Foundation Proposal, may be both ?
Attachments:
SBIR 0202.jpg

Date: July 10, 2013 07:33PM

Start Or Expand A Technical Business with A Federal SBIR Grant Phase I with a Innovation Team

http://www.squidoo.com/start-or-expand-a-technical-business-with-a-federal-sbir-grant-phase-i-with-a-innovation-team

Posted by: Expand your waist ()
Date: July 10, 2013 10:32PM

Six posts in a row by Avi, that ole' bandicoot.

Trying for a record, are we?

Date: July 17, 2013 12:07PM

Update Wisdom:
Inspire Connectivity and Learning With Visual Tools of Arts __Dance !

http://www.squidoo.com/inspire-connectivity-and-learning-with-visual-tools-of-arts-dance

Date: July 17, 2013 01:20PM

Re: How About "Tech Innovators Family Circle" Fairfax NOVA__No Dues Posted by: cafetwinv ()
Date: July 10, 2013 07:32PM

Update: Educational Video Music Game Topic:

On Voyage Of Tall Ship Beagle Virginia

Digital Game Based Learning: Educational Video Games
The Wave of the Future?

Cafe Twin
Attachments:
With Voyage OF TALL SHIP BEGEAL Virginia INTRO01.jpg

Posted by: USS Crackpot ()
Date: July 18, 2013 06:31PM

What the fuck is this shit?

Date: July 26, 2013 12:52PM

July 26, 2013

How About "Tech Innovators Family Circle" Fairfax NOVA__No Dues

Update: Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world

http://www.ted.com/talks/jane_mcgonigal_gaming_can_make_a_better_world.html

Jane McGonigal

Institute For Future (San Francisco, CA)

Chief Creative Officer, SuperBetter Labs

She currently serves on the advisory board for Games for Change, and for the annual Serious Games Summit at the Game Developers Conference.

A former New Yorker, she now lives in San Francisco with her husband Kiyash and Shetland Sheepdog Meche.

An Indie Game Deevlopers Group at Fairfax Metro DC Hub__Meet at GMU Neighborhood Shopping Center Watering ?

Cafe Twin
Art of Koinonia Conversation & Science of Creative Living Spirituality linked

http://www.squidoo.com/art-of-koinonia-conversation-and-science-of-creative-living-spirituality-linked

Posted by: Paleboat ()
Date: August 06, 2013 01:39PM

I LOVED this presentation, Jane really spoke to me here on an idea I've been talking about for years. Hi, my name is Ellen Warren. I have been involved in a number of virtual worlds IRADs and assignments for about five years. I have been a big proponent of collaborative environments and leveraging wisdom of the masses (so to speak). I'm really excited to see this ideal is still alive and focus put on it.

Posted by: churut-faktor ()
Date: August 06, 2013 04:02PM

Tech innovators? in Fairfax? it just gave me good laugh. Where were they graduated from? Jorghe Machun? c'mon guys, give me a break.

Date: August 09, 2013 09:19AM

Re: How About "Tech Innovators Family Circle" Fairfax NOVA__No Dues Posted by: Paleboat ()
Date: August 06, 2013 01:39PM

Here is a "action" item for added clarity: Tech Innovators Family Circle group Just set up yesterday. Welcome !

Tech Innovators Family Circle Cafe Twin__Metro DC Hub

Learn Top Game Engines By Self Help and Mutual Help Virtual Team at Fairfax Metro DC Hub
Connect at Tech Innovators Family Circle (TIFG) at BlenderArtist.Org . Click on Groups on top bar to find TIFG__Fairfax VA Mettro DC Group.

http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/
Attachments:
music-icon 03b.jpg

Date: August 19, 2013 10:31AM

August 19, 2013

Posted by: churut-faktor ()

Date: August 06, 2013 04:02PM

Update: In the last few days, I have set up the group at Blenderartists where I hope to bring some technically interested persons who live in our greopgraphy to come together.

There is no cost of course, and once we have sufficient numbers, we will meet on Saturdays for bufffet breaksfast 9;30 to 11:30 for virtual teaming and continued focus on knowledge development among persons interested in creeating their own games or participating in one of ours.

Group: Tech Innovators Family Circle__Fairfax VA Metro DC

http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/group.php?groupid=124

Date: September 01, 2013 08:26AM

Topic: Tech Innovators Family Circle Café Twin Fairfax VA DC Hub Community
(TIFC Cafe Twin Fairfax VA Metro DC Hub Proposal)

Update; An Affordable Protocol Demo to Strengthen Social Capital at Hometown USA. Virtual Teaming focusing on educational music video games and “eat and meet” Saturday buffet breakfast event planned linked to Café Twin Show taping once a month for distribution via top 5 public access non-commercial cable channels at Metro DC hub

A Brief Summary available on request toward seeking the crowdfunding. Kickstarter and Rockethub proposals accepted by the two respective philanthropy crowdfunding organizations, but not yet funded due to "community support" requirement.

Avi is now seeking ways to approach at least some of the 15 Chamber of Commerce that exists here and present the value proposition of this TIFC Cafe Twin Proposal to help strengthen tech innovators and knowledge economy capacity of our tech hub community here at Fairfax VA Metro DC.

Comments ?
Attachments:
TIFC CAFETWIN ICON06 NEW.jpg

Posted by: Illuminati? ()
Date: September 02, 2013 03:26PM

The owl...always, that owl...

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 02, 2013 04:12PM

cafetwinv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Update; An Affordable Protocol Demo to Strengthen
> Social Capital at Hometown USA.

Where is this Hometown USA that you speak of?

Posted by: Birfplace of Avi ()
Date: September 02, 2013 05:36PM

Actually, Avi is referring to his rustic native village...Homotown...

Date: September 06, 2013 10:45AM

Update; An Affordable Protocol Demo to Strengthen
> Social Capital at Hometown USA.

Question: Where is this Hometown USA that you speak of?

Possible Answer: Let us execute Tech Innovators Familiy Circle (TIFC) here at Fairfax, VA Metro DC Hub and create an example for how Tech Innovators can help strengthen community vitality for any other as they so choose.

Make sense ?

Tech Innovators Family Circle Café Twin

Attachments:
COZY BAR  P cornerstone-s.jpg

Posted by: Execute This ()
Date: September 06, 2013 11:37AM

Let us execute Tech Innovators Familiy Circle (TIFC) here at Fairfax, VA Metro DC Hub and create an example for how Tech Innovators can help strengthen community vitality for any other as they so choose.

Make sense ?

Um, nope, Avi, doesn't make any sense.....I did like the part where you suggest that we EXECUTE Tech innovators, though...you'd be first in line...

Posted by: Stupid Moron ()
Date: September 06, 2013 11:43AM

Is it just me, or does ANYBODY understand what this guy's post are about???

Date: September 07, 2013 06:55AM

Here is added clarity on Tech Innovators Family Circle(TIFC Cafe Twin)

Anyone with an idea for virtual teaming for technology development demo project, educational music video game, or Music Video develpment project geared to something special, for example, 1776, please step forward with a brief summary as trigger point for virtual teaming.

Such demo projects can be funded via SBIR or via Crowdfunding sources as both are available and will remain available for tech innovators with skills, talents, knowledge and wisdom to use such via multi-discipline virtual teaming as can be done via TIFC Cafe Twin as we go.

Here is my summary brief Draft 01.

Thoughtful feedback and comments most welcome.

Please download this as you like and use this as aid to help trigger creativity, wisdom and virtual team formation.

OK ?
Attachments:
TIFC CAFE TWIN DEMO PP02 Virtual Team.pdf

Date: September 11, 2013 03:50PM

September 11, 2013

Update; Topic 01: How about three subtopics for consideration:

(01) Technology Development, focusing on IT/Telecom/Software topics
via SBIR or Crowdfunding

(02) Heritage Music Video Production for those with Voice & Band aspiration
with story telling as possible via music video. This is typically good to do via crowdfunding money, for example, Kick Starter is the most well known but there other phlanthropy based organizations who are pretty good also.

(03) Educational Video Game, include the music video gnere such as I am doing two now via likely SBIR protocol.

Topic 02: Learning about grant writing for Tech Innovators_Fairfax County Free Opportunity.
========================================================================
The same session is being offered on two occasions. Please register for one session only! Date: September 24, 2013 Time: 12 noon to 1:30pm Location: Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 432, Fairfax, VACost: FreeClick to register: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/opinio/s?s=4457 Date: October 1, 2013Time:12 noon to 1:30pm Location: Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 432, Fairfax, VACost: FreeClick to register:

Posted by: how about this ()
Date: September 11, 2013 05:04PM

How about I meet you at the next event and STOMP you in the FUCKING FACE and STOMP ON YOUR HANDS BREAKING ALL YOUR BONES SO YOU CAN NEVER USE A FUCKING COMPUTER AGAIN?

Posted by: wncXh ()
Date: September 29, 2013 08:37AM

This guy reminds me of the people I met at public access Channel 10 when I took a class there.

Date: October 15, 2013 08:05AM

Update: Fairfax Tech Innovators Family Circle__Raspberry Pi

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1157453.html
Attachments:
TIFC CAFE TWIN Current 0302.jpg

Posted by: Missing Ear ()
Date: October 15, 2013 09:28AM

Now you're cutting and pasting Van Gough...not cool man

Posted by: MCA ()
Date: October 16, 2013 02:22AM

Missing Ear Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now you're cutting and pasting Van Gough...not
> cool man

She's got a gold tooth, you know she's hardcore,
She'll show you a good time then she'll show you the door.
Break up with your girl -- it ended in tears
Vincent Van Gogh, go and mail that ear

Posted by: Trolling Hunnids ()
Date: October 16, 2013 02:44AM

is it me, or are most of these fucking nonsense posts are being generated by a computer

Posted by: juwannah ()
Date: October 16, 2013 01:26PM

it's a show

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.