HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Summer swim Drama makes Summer Swim Stupid
Posted by: Summer Swim Drama ()
Date: June 27, 2013 05:24PM

It is not even June and hearing about massive summer team drama. Here is a news flash you crazy as fruit cakes summer parents. The real swimmers are at Nationals competing for spots in Spain. So just cause your princess or prince can churn out a 50 and get to all stars which is easy in all area league except maybe NVSL, does not mean they are getting a swim scholarships. College coaches will be at SECT and not the over hyped all stars for mini van driving moms with no life

Let kids have fun. Put it into perspective. Only here in thus place can there be so much drama about so little.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Summer swim Drama
Posted by: Minivan driver ()
Date: June 29, 2013 12:20PM

Tell me about it! I love the parents who loudly cheer on their kids every step of the way as they are racing. They can't hear you, folks! All that they hear are bubbles and a loud hum from the din of the crowd. They can't discern momma's booming voice giving them specific instructions from all the other noises. Stop making fools of yourselves!

Posted by: DwokkaDwokka ()
Date: June 29, 2013 12:23PM

Minivan driver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tell me about it! I love the parents who loudly
> cheer on their kids every step of the way as they
> are racing. They can't hear you, folks! All that
> they hear are bubbles and a loud hum from the din
> of the crowd. They can't discern momma's booming
> voice giving them specific instructions from all
> the other noises. Stop making fools of yourselves!

My kids were on a summer swim team right up until 16/17. We did your share; we worked the snack bar; we timed; we did anything that we could. And, somehow, it never seemed like enough for the swim psychos. Not missing that world one little bit.

Posted by: DwokkaDwokka ()
Date: June 29, 2013 12:25PM

DwokkaDwokka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Minivan driver Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Tell me about it! I love the parents who loudly
> > cheer on their kids every step of the way as
> they
> > are racing. They can't hear you, folks! All
> that
> > they hear are bubbles and a loud hum from the
> din
> > of the crowd. They can't discern momma's
> booming
> > voice giving them specific instructions from
> all
> > the other noises. Stop making fools of
> yourselves!
>
> My kids were on a summer swim team right up until
> 16/17. We did your share; we worked the snack
> bar; we timed; we did anything that we could.
> And, somehow, it never seemed like enough for the
> swim psychos. Not missing that world one little
> bit.

I take that back -- there were some hot swim moms who would roll on Saturday AMs in their little shorts and t-shirts, to scream at little Devon and Ashley and Trevor to swim faster. That's all I miss about the swim team.

Posted by: Minivan driver ()
Date: June 29, 2013 01:00PM

I mean, I can understand when clueless newbie parents of six year olds in heat 4 do it, but heat 1, lane 3 parents of 10 year olds? They should know by now that Lil' junior can't hear them one iota! Please, spare our ear drums!

Re: Summer swim Drama makes Summer Swim Stupid
Posted by: NOVA-Lifer ()
Date: June 29, 2013 05:24PM

This applies to any youth sports in the 703...

Ever notice the kids who suck most have the loudest parents? There was a kid on my son's baseball team who just crushed the ball. Nobody ever cheered for him. Then one day I see this man in cut-off jean shorts, aloha shirt, aviator sunglasses, trucker hat and flip flops standing outside the fence next to the 3rd base dugout. Turns out he's "Hank Aaron's" father...

As his son goes yard once again I walk over to him and say, "Your boy can hit...no doubt..."

"Yeah...he does all right..." he responds, kicking the dirt softly. "But right now I just worry if he's going to pass Algebra, ya' know?"

Posted by: Saturday reminder of insanity ()
Date: June 29, 2013 08:40PM

Mostly it is parents like all sports

My issue is that doesn't take much to churn out 50 back. Guess what. Colleges don't have 50 back. Neither do Olympics. Kudos to any kid who works hard and earns their way. Katie L comes to mind. Hard worker. Great sport. It's the whack job parents with the chalk on the cars that are annoying.

Summer swim like a cult. Really a viper pit. Parents cheating with time watches. And forget lunch out on Saturday at casual eatery. Best of all are the kids in $100 fast suits for summer swim.

Posted by: Yea on suits ()
Date: June 29, 2013 08:45PM

Go feed homeless. Don't but suit

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: June 29, 2013 10:10PM

People do pretty much the same thing watching football games from the comfort of their own couch...and they have less connection with those they are rooting for than the swim families do.

Posted by: Stinky swim ()
Date: June 30, 2013 04:45PM

Summer swim stinks.

Posted by: bitter ()
Date: June 30, 2013 06:23PM

LOL. OP's kid didn't make the relay team yesterday. There's always next week when a bunch of families will be out of town!

Posted by: Wrong answer Bitter from Stinky ()
Date: June 30, 2013 08:02PM

When my kid swam summer always on all relays including coveted mixed age. Just cause one thinks something has too much drama and is overrated does NOT mean kid sucks. Besides bitter I think poster referencing parents being nutty.

Posted by: Mermaid ()
Date: June 30, 2013 11:46PM

Swim Team:

- one last chance for your kid to be part of a team sport, when your hopes that he'd play football or soccer didn't come to fruition

- invest in some chlorine-remvoing shampoo, would ya mom? Blond swim teamers have the worst-ever greenish, dry tinged hair, long after school starts

- tons of work and effort for...what, exactly? Swim scholarship? Yeah, ok.

- social outcasts/misfits unite! Join swim team! This is what you do when Chess Club is not meeting.

Posted by: WSLL ()
Date: July 01, 2013 08:20AM

Oh god, tell me about it ... Summer swim parents are all idiots with their elitist mentality. How about letting your kids just have fun at the pool instead of trying to perfect their Freestyle technique.

I've been to our neighborhood pool twice this season, and I've already had enough of this crap.

Go Stingrays!

Posted by: summer swimmer ()
Date: July 01, 2013 09:44AM

haters gon' hate, would you rather the kids be out terrorizing the neighborhood or putting there summer energy to good use in a team sport? i was on a team from 8-18 and i had a great time

Posted by: Whatever. Summer sprinters ()
Date: July 01, 2013 09:56PM

I have been doing it for 10-11 years
Never changes

Tired and Tiring.

Sprinters unite. Get your chalk out

Fun to a point
Parents nut cases

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.