HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Silver Line opening delayed until January
Posted by: Sprawl and Crawl ()
Date: June 17, 2013 09:02AM

WTOP Exclusive: Silver Line opening delayed until January
http://www.wtop.com/654/3356370/Silver-Line-opening-delayed-until-January

WASHINGTON - Metro's Silver Line was expected to open this December, but a top official at the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority now tells WTOP that the official launch date will not be until early next year.

Sam Carnaggio, director of the Dulles Corridor Project at MWAA, made the revelation during a presentation at the Action Committee for Transit on Tuesday.

"The project from the contractor is expected to be completed by the end of September or in early October, so we're now projecting January 2014," he says.

Carnaggio says construction work is about 94 percent complete, with the remaining work being mostly cosmetic.

"We have to do station finishing work, to be able to complete the ceilings, the walls, to do some painting. Just like you would in your home or office building," he says.

"We also have systems work to make sure all the wiring and cabling will operate safely and function correctly so that (Metro) can operate the trains."

Once the Bechtel Corporation completes the work and the airport authority certifies it, Metro will take at least 90 days to independently test the trains and tracks and hire and schedule staff to operate the Silver Line.

When pressed, Carnaggio admitted Oct. 1 would be a likely date for the handover to Metro, making Jan. 1 the earliest launch date.

"Weather has played a role in the reason the date is where it is now and we are confident the contractor will meet it," he says.

Metro spokesman Dan Stessel tells WTOP that Carnaggio's timeline is accurate.

"We have been prepared for slightly earlier dates and also prepared for contingencies in the event the operational readiness date was pushed back. A late September (operational readiness date) is generally in line with what we have been advised to expect," he says.

"The (Metro) board discussed a number of scenarios with regard to the opening date as part of the budget planning process, including a pro-forma budget that envisioned a scenario where the line did not open until the fourth quarter. Based on latest available information, it does not appear that this scenario will play out."

The January 2014 launch date would be slightly later than several agencies have been publicly touting, including the Fairfax County Department of Transportation.

At recent meetings for Fairfax Connector bus service, which will launch alongside the Silver Line Phase One opening, transportation officials told the public to expect a late December 2013 launch date.

As far as Phase Two, Carnaggio says the Clark Construction Group should begin work in July with noticeable construction beginning in early to mid 2014.

The second phase will extend Metrorail into Loudoun County past Dulles Airport and should be completed in five years. At this point, Carnaggio expects service to begin in January 2019.

Phase two will cost about $2.6 billion dollars to build.

Go here to read it...
http://www.scribd.com/doc/147901108/Federal-Transit-Administration-letter-to-MWAA

Options: ReplyQuote
traffic around Thanksgiving is REALLY gonna be a bitch, isnt it?
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 17, 2013 09:14AM

so in other words, the train aint gonna be ready for Christmas shopping rush like you promised, right?

Re: Silver Line opening delayed until January
Posted by: lolwtf ()
Date: June 17, 2013 09:21AM

" The second phase will extend Metrorail into Loudoun County past Dulles Airport and should be completed in five years. At this point, Carnaggio expects service to begin in January 2019. "

Yea I'll believe that when I see it. These projects have such an impeccable history of coming in on time. Glad to see "weather" was blamed. Was it the Snow three years ago that cuased the delay now? Or was it the slightly rain or non-existent snow from the last few years? I'd think a few days/weeks of bad weather per year would be factored into an OUTDOOR project. Considering the weather has been pretty mild for a few years now, with the exception of a few bad storms, I'd think we'd be weeks ahead of schedule with such an estimation.

Also, not that I actually care, but did those morons in Loudon County that were looking to stop expansion of the Metro into the county finally lose out?

Posted by: Lazy Bums ()
Date: June 17, 2013 09:30AM

I'm so glad they used union labor.

My guess is this get pushed back a couple of more times. Maybe March/April 2014.

Posted by: Tysons Engineer ()
Date: June 17, 2013 09:36AM

And as I predicted, this minor story by WTOP has been taken completely out of context.

Try reading it instead of just the headline.

The construction is still on pace for a finish on the first week of October. I spoke with Tom Biesadny two months ago now, and Fairfax already knew that the opening day would be on December 31st, NOT early December as was planned for by WMATA without the knowledge of the construction schedule.

I have no idea why WMATA thought that, my guess is because they are bad at doing even the simplest tasks in life.

Point in case, after the construction is done it will take 90 days for WMATA to verify the compliance of the system. Now this could be done concurrently with the construction crews testing which is happening no through September, but of course WMATA is a big lumbering idiotic jobs program... so it will wait.

Either way, we are talking about a delay of a week. Its more symbolic than anything that it was going to be in 2013. I think ultimately, politics will trump here, and FFX Co will urge the contractor to pick up the lost time (which if its a week is not that big of a deal).

THAT is the story in context.

Date: June 17, 2013 09:37AM

Lazy Bums Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm so glad they used union labor.
>
> My guess is this get pushed back a couple of more
> times. Maybe March/April 2014.

And your guess would be completely uneducated and full of shit. Congrats!

There is nothing on the remaining schedule float that could cause that large of a delay.

Posted by: Dbag to the Rescue! ()
Date: June 17, 2013 09:53AM

Oh no, somebody criticized the Metro. One of the most poorly run POS operations this side of the DC government.

So right on cue, here's Tysons Engineer to defend it like its his fucking child.

Posted by: He knows that of which he speaks ()
Date: June 17, 2013 09:54AM

>
> And your guess would be completely uneducated and
> full of shit. Congrats!
>

Listen to him folks.

Tysons Engineer is the resident expert on being full of shit.

Posted by: Bob Bruhns ()
Date: June 17, 2013 10:17AM

Dbag to the Rescue! Wrote:
> Oh no, somebody criticized the Metro. One of the
> most poorly run POS operations this side of the DC
> government.
>
> So right on cue, here's Tysons Engineer to defend
> it like its his fucking child.

Yep, he's Metro's unofficial apologist.

Date: June 17, 2013 10:44AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BREATHE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Evidently Bob, and your alter egos, you are unable to read my actual words. Probably because you are dyslexic.

"I have no idea why WMATA thought that, my guess is because they are bad at doing even the simplest tasks in life.

Point in case, after the construction is done it will take 90 days for WMATA to verify the compliance of the system. Now this could be done concurrently with the construction crews testing which is happening no through September, but of course WMATA is a big lumbering idiotic jobs program... so it will wait."

The only mention of WMATA the entire discussion is my CRITICISM of wmata's terrible ineptitude.

Jesus you are a joke

Date: June 17, 2013 10:45AM

You people are plebes if you still can't figure out there are two different operations.

Construction = MWAA via private contractor

Operation = WMATA

Try not to conflate such a hard to understand concept.

Date: June 17, 2013 10:49AM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> You people are plebes if you still can't figure
> out there are two different operations.
>
> Construction = MWAA via private contractor
>
> Operation = WMATA
>
> Try not to conflate such a hard to understand
> concept.

On the contrary, either most or all of them realize the difference. It's you that has the problem distinquishing between truth and fiction. But that's what one comes to expect from someone who misses (avoids) all the public hearings, town halls, etc. Where there is clearly a distinct disconnect on timeframes, projected dates, delays, etc. The delays cited this time didn't make much sense. In the past three years weather in this area has not been severe enough to even close down schools but for more than a few days. Also, they did not make good use of their time when weather was good. So the opinions of the posters are certainly either right on or close to the mark.

Date: June 17, 2013 11:22AM

Hey idiot

its a one week delay. I talked to the author of the article, I warned him his headline deceived his story.

Read the damn story jackass. its a one week delay, that will likely not even have an impact to the opening and it certainly has NOTHING to do with construction (which will be complete last week of September/1st week of october)

it has to do with WMATA being an idiotic establishment of morons like you, not capable of concurrently doing anything with the contractor at the same time (like testing).

damned idiot I swear

I'm not gonna be dragged into another waste of time argument with you Bob. The fact that you called me a "Metro apologist" proves you are a joke considering the in bold quote I posted prior to you calling me that.

Your blindness to reality leads me to believe you need medical help. Seek it please.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 11:25AM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 17, 2013 11:27AM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Hey idiot
>
> its a one week delay. I talked to the author of
> the article, I warned him his headline deceived
> his story.
>
> Read the damn story jackass. its a one week delay,
> that will likely not even have an impact to the
> opening and it certainly has NOTHING to do with
> construction (which will be complete last week of
> September/1st week of october)
>
> it has to do with WMATA being an idiotic
> establishment of morons like you, not capable of
> concurrently doing anything with the contractor at
> the same time (like testing).
>
> damned idiot I swear

Then cite a specific county/city source that has a date of when the construction will be completed. Guess what? There isn't one. The reason for this is clear and understandable, there are a number of inspections, reviews, etc. that will need to be done that could affect that date. This is typical in construction projects, nothing special here. The source I spoke to, cited that the January date was "Optimistic". More likely "it will be early to mid-Febuary before it is complete."

Posted by: All Aboard ()
Date: June 17, 2013 11:29AM

Tysons Engineer? Is that what they are calling Silver Line train operators?

Date: June 17, 2013 11:52AM

All Aboard Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer? Is that what they are calling
> Silver Line train operators?

Yuck yuck yuck. Good one

- Tysons Engineer, P.E.

Date: June 17, 2013 11:58AM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hey idiot
> >
> > its a one week delay. I talked to the author of
> > the article, I warned him his headline deceived
> > his story.
> >
> > Read the damn story jackass. its a one week
> delay,
> > that will likely not even have an impact to the
> > opening and it certainly has NOTHING to do with
> > construction (which will be complete last week
> of
> > September/1st week of october)
> >
> > it has to do with WMATA being an idiotic
> > establishment of morons like you, not capable
> of
> > concurrently doing anything with the contractor
> at
> > the same time (like testing).
> >
> > damned idiot I swear
>
> Then cite a specific county/city source that has a
> date of when the construction will be completed.
> Guess what? There isn't one. The reason for this
> is clear and understandable, there are a number of
> inspections, reviews, etc. that will need to be
> done that could affect that date. This is typical
> in construction projects, nothing special here.
> The source I spoke to, cited that the January date
> was "Optimistic". More likely "it will be early to
> mid-Febuary before it is complete."

Hey jackass, look at the Silver Line Bus schedule for open. December 31st 2013.

Ass

Perhaps if YOU had been at that meeting you would know.

Here is a transcript from a online chat also, that confirms late December 2013 was always the anticipated opening service. Search December and you will find the answer in that link.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/AskFairfax/Archive/ArchiveDiscussion.aspx?roomid=53

Heres another one, again search December and you will find it

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/askfairfax/Archive/ArchiveDiscussion.aspx?roomid=57

And lastly,

Just to confirm you are full of shit

http://www.slideshare.net/fairfaxcounty/round2-silver-linebusservice

Slide 26 of FFX Co presentation. And I quoteth

"The Silver Line is anticipated to start operations December 31, 2013"

Any other lies and horseshit you wanna spread on the world wide web without any knowledge of reality Bob?

Date: June 17, 2013 12:00PM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Hey idiot
> >
> > its a one week delay. I talked to the author of
> > the article, I warned him his headline deceived
> > his story.
> >
> > Read the damn story jackass. its a one week
> delay,
> > that will likely not even have an impact to the
> > opening and it certainly has NOTHING to do with
> > construction (which will be complete last week
> of
> > September/1st week of october)
> >
> > it has to do with WMATA being an idiotic
> > establishment of morons like you, not capable
> of
> > concurrently doing anything with the contractor
> at
> > the same time (like testing).
> >
> > damned idiot I swear
>
> Then cite a specific county/city source that has a
> date of when the construction will be completed.
> Guess what? There isn't one. The reason for this
> is clear and understandable, there are a number of
> inspections, reviews, etc. that will need to be
> done that could affect that date. This is typical
> in construction projects, nothing special here.
> The source I spoke to, cited that the January date
> was "Optimistic". More likely "it will be early to
> mid-Febuary before it is complete."

You have no source. Any idiot who would say mid-february has no idea when construction is to be complete and what is left to be done.

Final build out might last till then if you include softscape elements at stations, but operation will begin between December 31st and the January 10th. Go ahead and quote me on that, and we'll see who is right Bob

Posted by: boil tar, gather feathers ()
Date: June 17, 2013 12:15PM

Ed Long should be punished for letting this delay happen. More taxpayer money wasted. If it isn't ridiculous zoning enforcement or pointless school spirit, it is cost overruns.

Date: June 17, 2013 12:53PM

boil tar, gather feathers Wrote:
> Ed Long should be punished for letting this delay
> happen. More taxpayer money wasted. If it isn't
> ridiculous zoning enforcement or pointless school
> spirit, it is cost overruns.

This should be fun

Go ahead trolly polly, give us your rationale for why this 1 week delay is the County Executives fault. Also love the fact that your last sentence doesn't even return to the original issue at hand, a delay but instead brings up the phantom cost over run.

The silver line has had no unforeseen cost over runs, something that can't be said about dozens of road projects that have occurred over the past 4 years in the State... and I didnt hear Bob or you complain about those.

Posted by: I love racial cronyism ()
Date: June 17, 2013 12:56PM

All Aboard Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer? Is that what they are calling
> Silver Line train operators?

I thought they would be called Tyrone, Duhshawn or Antwon.

Date: June 17, 2013 12:58PM

I love racial cronyism Wrote:
> All Aboard Wrote:
> -----
> > Tysons Engineer? Is that what they are calling
> > Silver Line train operators?
>
> I thought they would be called Tyrone, Duhshawn or
> Antwon.

Yer a jackass, but sadly each year this is becoming more and more accurate in WMATA's service as it continues to be more of a jobs program than a transit agency.

Date: June 17, 2013 01:11PM

What about Bob?

Hello Bob Bruhns? Still out there? You asked for a source for my information and accused me of not being an active citizen, and yet I didnt see your ugly old ass at the meetings I attended. Had you been there you would have heard the metro operations were slated for December 31st.

Calling bob, are you there bob?

whdin2h.jpg?partner=allmovie_soap

Are you taking baby steps?

Posted by: I love racial cronyism ()
Date: June 17, 2013 01:14PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Yer a jackass, but sadly each year this is
> becoming more and more accurate in WMATA's service
> as it continues to be more of a jobs program than
> a transit agency.

So I'm right? How does that make me a jackass, jackass?

Date: June 17, 2013 01:24PM

I love racial cronyism Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Yer a jackass, but sadly each year this is
> > becoming more and more accurate in WMATA's
> service
> > as it continues to be more of a jobs program
> than
> > a transit agency.
>
> So I'm right? How does that make me a jackass,
> jackass?

Haha, you can be right and an asshole about it. I'm exemplary of that quite often actually. The racial skew of WMATA hiring practices are only 1 of many problems, most of which are far worse than that in their hiring practices.

I dont care what nationality WMATA hires as long as they stop over paying them and providing them with a benefits package that is 45% of their base salary. By comparison CTA and MTA have 34% benefit packages over base.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 01:26PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 17, 2013 01:40PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> -----
> > Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Hey idiot
> > >
> > > its a one week delay. I talked to the author
> of
> > > the article, I warned him his headline
> deceived
> > > his story.
> > >
> > > Read the damn story jackass. its a one week
> > delay,
> > > that will likely not even have an impact to
> the
> > > opening and it certainly has NOTHING to do
> with
> > > construction (which will be complete last
> week
> > of
> > > September/1st week of october)
> > >
> > > it has to do with WMATA being an idiotic
> > > establishment of morons like you, not capable
> > of
> > > concurrently doing anything with the
> contractor
> > at
> > > the same time (like testing).
> > >
> > > damned idiot I swear
> >
> > Then cite a specific county/city source that has
> a
> > date of when the construction will be
> completed.
> > Guess what? There isn't one. The reason for
> this
> > is clear and understandable, there are a number
> of
> > inspections, reviews, etc. that will need to be
> > done that could affect that date. This is
> typical
> > in construction projects, nothing special here.
> > The source I spoke to, cited that the January
> date
> > was "Optimistic". More likely "it will be early
> to
> > mid-Febuary before it is complete."
>
> You have no source. Any idiot who would say
> mid-february has no idea when construction is to
> be complete and what is left to be done.
>
> Final build out might last till then if you
> include softscape elements at stations, but
> operation will begin between December 31st and the
> January 10th. Go ahead and quote me on that, and
> we'll see who is right Bob

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? I predicted this back in Feb. and already the project will be late (by at least a week).

Date: June 17, 2013 02:10PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> And as I predicted, this minor story by WTOP has
> been taken completely out of context.
>
> Try reading it instead of just the headline.
>
> The construction is still on pace for a finish on
> the first week of October. I spoke with Tom
> Biesadny two months ago now, and Fairfax already
> knew that the opening day would be on December
> 31st, NOT early December as was planned for by
> WMATA without the knowledge of the construction
> schedule.
>
> I have no idea why WMATA thought that, my guess is
> because they are bad at doing even the simplest
> tasks in life.
>
> Point in case, after the construction is done it
> will take 90 days for WMATA to verify the
> compliance of the system. Now this could be done
> concurrently with the construction crews testing
> which is happening no through September, but of
> course WMATA is a big lumbering idiotic jobs
> program... so it will wait.
>
> Either way, we are talking about a delay of a
> week. Its more symbolic than anything that it was
> going to be in 2013. I think ultimately, politics
> will trump here, and FFX Co will urge the
> contractor to pick up the lost time (which if its
> a week is not that big of a deal).
>
> THAT is the story in context.

We KNEW this... but for some reason, the bigwigs wanted to say that it would be done this year.

I assume that it was just another deliberate lie, to support some strategic deception. I saw the bigwigs say that it was OK that we don't have a firm Tifia loan agreement, for Phase 2 - even though we just agreed to a big Phase 2 contract - because the big Phase 2 construction won't begin very soon. Apparently that is false; the contractor says work will begin this summer.

Also, there is a pretense that MWAA's leases on airport property will be taxed by the Counties just like any other rail district business... apparently that is also not true.

This rail project has been a pack of lies for the past decade, and that isn't stopping now. This is not really surprising.

Date: June 17, 2013 02:17PM

God you are f-in dense Bob

I point out that the case has ALWAYS been December 31st since after WMATA let FFX know it would take its sweet ass time with a 90 day testing period and what do you say?

The same horseshit as if you have discovered something.

The postponement will be all of 1 week if ANY. It will likely still open December 31st because (and if you read the article you would understand) the contractor feels they can get back on schedule pretty easily.

Yes, symbolically people want to open in 2013 (of course, because there are idiots like you who will say LOOK THEY ARE A YEAR LATE if they open in 2014). End of the day, its a week late AT WORST unless something insane happens during testing.

Construction is basically done at this point, there isn't enough float in construction alone to cause your supposed 3 month delay. So if you have some clairvoyance about the future testing, you should probably let them know what is going to fail on their testing.

Jack ass

I can't f-ing wait for it to open as I have predicted and to smear the internet with the quotes you provided above Bob. Its gonna be not just great, but epic. You are gonna be pretty embarrassed.

See you in January you demagoguing know nothing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 02:19PM by Tysons Engineer.

Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: June 17, 2013 02:22PM

WMATA sucks and generally doesn't know much about anything. This is no surprise.

Date: June 17, 2013 02:25PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> God you are f-in dense Bob
>
> I point out that the case has ALWAYS been December
> 31st since after WMATA let FFX know it would take
> its sweet ass time with a 90 day testing period
> and what do you say?
>
> The same horseshit as if you have discovered
> something.
>
> The postponement will be all of 1 week if ANY. It
> will likely still open December 31st because (and
> if you read the article you would understand) the
> contractor feels they can get back on schedule
> pretty easily.
>
> Yes, symbolically people want to open in 2013 (of
> course, because there are idiots like you who will
> say LOOK THEY ARE A YEAR LATE if they open in
> 2014). End of the day, its a week late AT WORST
> unless something insane happens during testing.
>
> Construction is basically done at this point,
> there isn't enough float in construction alone to
> cause your supposed 3 month delay. So if you have
> some clairvoyance about the future testing, you
> should probably let them know what is going to
> fail on their testing.
>
> Jack ass
>
> I can't f-ing wait for it to open as I have
> predicted and to smear the internet with the
> quotes you provided above Bob. Its gonna be not
> just great, but epic. You are gonna be pretty
> embarrassed.
>
> See you in January you demagoguing know nothing

How many times have we had this dance. I always end up right and you always end up with your foot in your mouth and alot of reasons why something didn't go your way.

Posted by: Howard Bender ()
Date: June 17, 2013 02:26PM

According to the Post the delay is due to a contractor fudging safety results. Since there were not enough safety gizmos, the contractor kept retesting the same ones up and down then line. Acording to the Post this is the same contractor whose safety equipment failed on the Red Line and caused a train crash. See the movie "The China Syndrome" for a similar experience

Date: June 17, 2013 02:26PM

Howard Bender Wrote:
> According to the Post the delay is due to a
> contractor fudging safety results. Since there
> were not enough safety gizmos, the contractor kept
> retesting the same ones up and down then line.
> Acording to the Post this is the same contractor
> whose safety equipment failed on the Red Line and
> caused a train crash.

Yes, that's correct.

Date: June 17, 2013 02:33PM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > God you are f-in dense Bob
> >
> > I point out that the case has ALWAYS been
> December
> > 31st since after WMATA let FFX know it would
> take
> > its sweet ass time with a 90 day testing period
> > and what do you say?
> >
> > The same horseshit as if you have discovered
> > something.
> >
> > The postponement will be all of 1 week if ANY.
> It
> > will likely still open December 31st because
> (and
> > if you read the article you would understand)
> the
> > contractor feels they can get back on schedule
> > pretty easily.
> >
> > Yes, symbolically people want to open in 2013
> (of
> > course, because there are idiots like you who
> will
> > say LOOK THEY ARE A YEAR LATE if they open in
> > 2014). End of the day, its a week late AT WORST
> > unless something insane happens during testing.
> >
> > Construction is basically done at this point,
> > there isn't enough float in construction alone
> to
> > cause your supposed 3 month delay. So if you
> have
> > some clairvoyance about the future testing, you
> > should probably let them know what is going to
> > fail on their testing.
> >
> > Jack ass
> >
> > I can't f-ing wait for it to open as I have
> > predicted and to smear the internet with the
> > quotes you provided above Bob. Its gonna be not
> > just great, but epic. You are gonna be pretty
> > embarrassed.
> >
> > See you in January you demagoguing know nothing
>
> How many times have we had this dance. I always
> end up right and you always end up with your foot
> in your mouth and alot of reasons why something
> didn't go your way.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Name one time you old fart

We will see wont we? Its less than a year away, and when I am correct I am gonna smear your name all over the internet for being a one note incompetent tin foil hat conspiracy theorist

Date: June 17, 2013 02:35PM

Howard Bender Wrote:
> According to the Post the delay is due to a
> contractor fudging safety results. Since there
> were not enough safety gizmos, the contractor kept
> retesting the same ones up and down then line.
> Acording to the Post this is the same contractor
> whose safety equipment failed on the Red Line and
> caused a train crash. See the movie "The China
> Syndrome" for a similar experience

Two separate issues, but by all means equate the two together. Clearly no one on this forum understands critical paths in construction schedules. The one week delay (which has been turned into the end of the world by Bob, who theorizes that the one week delay will magically turn into a 3 month delay) is not associated with that.

I will say, that if testing comes back with issues with the sensor equipment installed, then and only then you might see an impact to turnover. At this point, the issue is a testing one, not a failure, so there is no indication that it has any impact on schedule

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 02:38PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 17, 2013 02:36PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> -----
> >
>
> > -----
> > > God you are f-in dense Bob
> > >
> > > I point out that the case has ALWAYS been
> > December
> > > 31st since after WMATA let FFX know it would
> > take
> > > its sweet ass time with a 90 day testing
> period
> > > and what do you say?
> > >
> > > The same horseshit as if you have discovered
> > > something.
> > >
> > > The postponement will be all of 1 week if
> ANY.
> > It
> > > will likely still open December 31st because
> > (and
> > > if you read the article you would understand)
> > the
> > > contractor feels they can get back on
> schedule
> > > pretty easily.
> > >
> > > Yes, symbolically people want to open in 2013
> > (of
> > > course, because there are idiots like you who
> > will
> > > say LOOK THEY ARE A YEAR LATE if they open in
> > > 2014). End of the day, its a week late AT
> WORST
> > > unless something insane happens during
> testing.
> > >
> > > Construction is basically done at this point,
> > > there isn't enough float in construction
> alone
> > to
> > > cause your supposed 3 month delay. So if you
> > have
> > > some clairvoyance about the future testing,
> you
> > > should probably let them know what is going
> to
> > > fail on their testing.
> > >
> > > Jack ass
> > >
> > > I can't f-ing wait for it to open as I have
> > > predicted and to smear the internet with the
> > > quotes you provided above Bob. Its gonna be
> not
> > > just great, but epic. You are gonna be pretty
> > > embarrassed.
> > >
> > > See you in January you demagoguing know
> nothing
> >
> > How many times have we had this dance. I always
> > end up right and you always end up with your
> foot
> > in your mouth and alot of reasons why something
> > didn't go your way.
>
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHA
>
> Name one time you old fart
>
> We will see wont we? Its less than a year away,
> and when I am correct I am gonna smear your name
> all over the internet for being a one note
> incompetent tin foil hat conspiracy theorist

Why is he a conspiracy theorist? The Post states the issue with safety following an investigation into the matter.

Date: June 17, 2013 02:37PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Howard Bender Wrote:
> -----
> > According to the Post the delay is due to a
> > contractor fudging safety results. Since there
> > were not enough safety gizmos, the contractor
> kept
> > retesting the same ones up and down then line.
> > Acording to the Post this is the same
> contractor
> > whose safety equipment failed on the Red Line
> and
> > caused a train crash. See the movie "The China
> > Syndrome" for a similar experience
>
> Two separate issues, but by all means equate the
> two together. Clearly no one on this forum
> understands critical paths in construction
> schedules. The one week delay (which has been
> turned into the end of the world by Bob, who
> theorizes that the one week delay will magically
> turn into a 3 month delay) is not associated with
> that.

I've managed construction projects in this area for almost 30 years, your statement is illogical and ridiculous.

Date: June 17, 2013 02:39PM

Howard Bender Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Howard Bender Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > According to the Post the delay is due to a
> > > contractor fudging safety results. Since
> there
> > > were not enough safety gizmos, the contractor
> > kept
> > > retesting the same ones up and down then
> line.
> > > Acording to the Post this is the same
> > contractor
> > > whose safety equipment failed on the Red Line
> > and
> > > caused a train crash. See the movie "The
> China
> > > Syndrome" for a similar experience
> >
> > Two separate issues, but by all means equate
> the
> > two together. Clearly no one on this forum
> > understands critical paths in construction
> > schedules. The one week delay (which has been
> > turned into the end of the world by Bob, who
> > theorizes that the one week delay will
> magically
> > turn into a 3 month delay) is not associated
> with
> > that.
>
> I've managed construction projects in this area
> for almost 30 years, your statement is illogical
> and ridiculous.

The only way the testing would effect the construction schedule is if when they retest that the sensors are found to be inadequate and to be replaced. Do you have evidence this is the case? If so I suggest you let someone know. And his conspiracy theory title comes from the secret source he has saying the project will be delayed until March, which is total crap.

The only thing has been noted so far is that the crew testing was using the same equipment each time during the testing, so they weren't accurately inspecting each element. I do agree that is a serious problem if it had been allowed to go without being caught, as you state like from the movie the China Syndrome where in the movie as-builts of the rivets (IIRC) were copied over and over.

In this case, within two weeks the appropriate authorities were informed and the construction crew was notified that that would not be acceptable and to test it appropriately. With 3 months left until they have to turn over to stay on schedule, as well as the 90 day period in which they will be working WITH WMATA in testing, I dont see how this could be on the critical path for the project, and certainly not a 3 month component to the project (which would be the only way that the project would get delayed until March as Bob as prophecized)

Now go ahead, tell me why that is "illogical"

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 02:45PM by Tysons Engineer.

Posted by: Ray Wedell ()
Date: June 17, 2013 02:41PM

Where will the parking lots be? How many cars will fit? What is the parking lot design? What road expansion/improvement is projected to help traffic flow in the immediate area, particularly getting in and out of parking lots?

I am not talking general commentary here...specifically, what are the answers to these questions? Thank you.

Date: June 17, 2013 02:44PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Howard Bender Wrote:
> -----
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Howard Bender Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > According to the Post the delay is due to a
> > > > contractor fudging safety results. Since
> > there
> > > > were not enough safety gizmos, the
> contractor
> > > kept
> > > > retesting the same ones up and down then
> > line.
> > > > Acording to the Post this is the same
> > > contractor
> > > > whose safety equipment failed on the Red
> Line
> > > and
> > > > caused a train crash. See the movie "The
> > China
> > > > Syndrome" for a similar experience
> > >
> > > Two separate issues, but by all means equate
> > the
> > > two together. Clearly no one on this forum
> > > understands critical paths in construction
> > > schedules. The one week delay (which has been
> > > turned into the end of the world by Bob, who
> > > theorizes that the one week delay will
> > magically
> > > turn into a 3 month delay) is not associated
> > with
> > > that.
> >
> > I've managed construction projects in this area
> > for almost 30 years, your statement is
> illogical
> > and ridiculous.
>
> The only way the testing would effect the
> construction schedule is if when they retest that
> the sensors are found to be inadequate and to be
> replaced. Do you have evidence this is the case?
> If so I suggest you let someone know. And his
> conspiracy theory title comes from the secret
> source he has saying the project will be delayed
> until March, which is total crap.

Again you mistate the facts. Mr. Bruhns stated that his source estimated early to mid-Feb for completion. I don't see where anyone other than you said March. Its obvious you're not familiar with the inspection review board, findings, correction actions, etc. that are all needed before a construction project is considered "Completed".

Date: June 17, 2013 02:45PM

Ray Wedell Wrote:
> Where will the parking lots be? How many cars will
> fit? What is the parking lot design? What road
> expansion/improvement is projected to help traffic
> flow in the immediate area, particularly getting
> in and out of parking lots?
>
> I am not talking general commentary
> here...specifically, what are the answers to these
> questions? Thank you.

A list of Phase 2 parking garage space numbers is available from the July 3, 2011 FTA White Paper.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/documents/Dulles_Rail_White_Paper.pdf

For Phase 1, 2,300 new spaces are being added at Reston - Wiehle, and for Phase 2, 8,915 new spaces are planned at the west end of the Silver Line (1,949 at Herndon, 2,027 at Rt 28 / Innovation, 1,965 at Rt 606 and 2,974 at Rt 772).

I have read about some proposed minor variations in the Phase 2 parking garage space numbers, but nothing extreme. Of course the parking garages are some of the most uncertain elements in Phase 2, because they are conditional 'County Elements' that may or may not revert to the (mostly) Dulles Toll Road funded project from Fairfax County and/or Loudoun County, depending on uncertain Tifia loans, and other possible funding that Loudoun County is already protesting. Phase 2 could get nasty, but I think it will actually happen.

Date: June 17, 2013 02:47PM

Howard Bender Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Howard Bender Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Howard Bender Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > According to the Post the delay is due to
> a
> > > > > contractor fudging safety results. Since
> > > there
> > > > > were not enough safety gizmos, the
> > contractor
> > > > kept
> > > > > retesting the same ones up and down then
> > > line.
> > > > > Acording to the Post this is the same
> > > > contractor
> > > > > whose safety equipment failed on the Red
> > Line
> > > > and
> > > > > caused a train crash. See the movie "The
> > > China
> > > > > Syndrome" for a similar experience
> > > >
> > > > Two separate issues, but by all means
> equate
> > > the
> > > > two together. Clearly no one on this forum
> > > > understands critical paths in construction
> > > > schedules. The one week delay (which has
> been
> > > > turned into the end of the world by Bob,
> who
> > > > theorizes that the one week delay will
> > > magically
> > > > turn into a 3 month delay) is not
> associated
> > > with
> > > > that.
> > >
> > > I've managed construction projects in this
> area
> > > for almost 30 years, your statement is
> > illogical
> > > and ridiculous.
> >
> > The only way the testing would effect the
> > construction schedule is if when they retest
> that
> > the sensors are found to be inadequate and to
> be
> > replaced. Do you have evidence this is the
> case?
> > If so I suggest you let someone know. And his
> > conspiracy theory title comes from the secret
> > source he has saying the project will be
> delayed
> > until March, which is total crap.
>
> Again you mistate the facts. Mr. Bruhns stated
> that his source estimated early to mid-Feb for
> completion. I don't see where anyone other than
> you said March. Its obvious you're not familiar
> with the inspection review board, findings,
> correction actions, etc. that are all needed
> before a construction project is considered
> "Completed".

Sorry 2.5 months of delay. Jesus really not getting the point of this conversation are you.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to what is remaining on the construction schedule for this project.

Answer my question. Where does 2.5 months of delay come from for this one item? I'd love to know, educate me

Date: June 17, 2013 02:48PM

PS, I am well aware about the final punchlist items prior to operation. Don't talk to me like that you smug ass. You and bob both are full of shit my friend. You want to pretend that you have unique knowledge in the Silver Line Phase 1 construction progress?

Tell me then, in specific technical terms, why you believe there will be a 10 week delay and agree with Bob. I want to know, please do educate me Bender

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 02:51PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 17, 2013 02:50PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Sorry 2.5 months of delay. Jesus really not
> getting the point of this conversation are you.
>
> You clearly have no idea what you are
> talking about when it comes to what is remaining
> on the construction schedule for this project.
>
> Answer my question. Where does 2.5 months of delay
> come from for this one item? I'd love to know,
> educate me

Well for one you might want to read the Post's article on the subject along with the findings from the report. This is going to lead to an investigation, that will undoubtably delay the completion of the project. Finally, you might want to spend more time reading and learning about subject matter before you start smearing other people. Especially other people who can cite facts, findings, etc.

Date: June 17, 2013 02:53PM

Howard Bender Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Sorry 2.5 months of delay. Jesus really not
> > getting the point of this conversation are you.
> >
> > You clearly have no idea what you are
> > talking about when it comes to what is
> remaining
> > on the construction schedule for this project.
> >
> > Answer my question. Where does 2.5 months of
> delay
> > come from for this one item? I'd love to know,
> > educate me
>
> Well for one you might want to read the Post's
> article on the subject along with the findings
> from the report. This is going to lead to an
> investigation, that will undoubtably delay the
> completion of the project. Finally, you might want
> to spend more time reading and learning about
> subject matter before you start smearing other
> people. Especially other people who can cite
> facts, findings, etc.

No no asshole, I read that story already. It says NONE of the things you two little prophets are supposing.

It says IF faulty issues are found with any of the equipment there MAY be a delay. Which is the same thing I am saying. That delay would not be 10 weeks by the way considering they are already restarting that process. The retesting will be on the order of 2 weeks which can be absorbed into the current schedule because as I said IT ISNT on the critical path right now. Whether faults are found, those fixes can be made into September. If WMATA finds fault it is the contractors responsibility to coordinate the fixes that will be necessary which can occur during that 90 day period.

Bob didn't cite a SINGLE fact. What he cites is a story, which he then manipulates to exaggerate for his own biased purposes.

What facts does he have. I am still waiting asshole

Oh and way to double post on the patch also. I wonder who has the agenda here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 02:56PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 17, 2013 02:55PM

Certainly this needs to be checked out. A wheel part broke off of the Silver Line test train in late February 2013 and cut 60 signal cables of the speed and status reporting system, causing huge rush-hour delays. And a Silver Line test train hit a number of emergency control boxes and maybe a handrail back around March 2013, and I am reading reports that a Red Line train hit some loose service stairs this morning, causing damage to some signal enclosures. If the control system needs attention, and if service stairs and handrails need better mounting, then let's get it done.

Posted by: Sprawl and Crawl ()
Date: June 17, 2013 02:56PM

U.S. DOT Admin Calls Unauthorized Silver Line Changes 'Alarming'
http://herndon.patch.com/articles/mwaa-no-delays-yet-safety-top-priority#comments

Representatives say safety is a top priority and the project remains on track.

The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is under fire again for its oversight of Metro’s Silver Line extension, prompting a sharp letter from the U.S. Department of Transportation about “alarming” changes made by a subcontractor.

However, representatives at MWAA assert that safety is a top priority, all concerns will be addressed and, at the moment, the project remains on track.

MWAA responded a week ago to concerns from DOT that the same contractor that built circuits blamed for a fatal 2009 crash along the Red Line had made unauthorized changes to the Metro’s Silver Line project.

“This is alarming for many reasons, but most specifically because following the tragic June 22, 2009, collision of two WMATA trains at Fort Totten Station, the National Transportation Safety Board determined that one of the probable cause of the accident was ‘a failure of the track circuit modules, built by GRS/Alstom Signaling Inc.,’” DOT administrator Peter Rogoff said in a May 17 letter to MWAA president and CEO John E. Potter.

In Potter’s June 7 response, he state, “I entirely agree with the concern” Rogoff raised about Alstom Signaling and that MWAA would address the issue.

“Their testing work in this area in this area is not acceptable, and corrective actions have been initiated,” Potter stated. “Please be assured we will not accept any Phase 1 product from Alstom, or any other DTP subcontractor, that has not met all safety requirements … In no case will safety be compromised.”

In a follow up this week, Marcia McAllister, a spokeswoman for the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project – which is part of MWAA – said reiterated Potter’s statements.

‘We are undertaking extensive testing and documentation to ensure the safety of the system so everyone can be confident that the system is safe and reliable,” McAllister said. “We will never compromise on safety and quality.”

Furthermore, the fact that letters were exchanged between MWAA and DOT shows that such unauthorized changes will not slip by, she suggested.

“The oversight processes are working,” McAlliser said.

Alstom was doing work for the contractor Bechtel, a representative of which told the Washington Post that Bechtel had met with Alstom senior management ... to "strongly reinforce the need to follow procedures.”

Meanwhile, as contractors continue work on the project’s first phase to Reston – phase two will carry the Silver Line out to Dulles Airport and Ashburn – a representative for MWAA said delays could push back completion of construction, which would mean no bonuses for finishing on time.

However, representatives this week said the project remains on track for late summer delivery, despite a WTOP report this week that estimated Oct. 1 for a January 2014 delivery.

“At this point, we do not see expect delays in the completion of construction,” according to a statement from MWAA provided by McAllister. “Construction completion is anticipated in early to mid-September and the Airports Authority will turn the project over to WMATA. WMATA will determine the opening date following processes set by their board.”

Once MWAA turns the project over to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, WMATA will conduct further tests before opening the line for passengers. WMATA has previously indicated the Silver Line could begin operation in December; however, that could only happen with minimal delays. Conventional wisdom suggests that with such a large project any delays will push the opening date into 2014. Delays can be caused by weather, unforeseen circumstances or mistakes.

Posted by: joe brewer ()
Date: June 17, 2013 02:57PM

So now we get expensive trains that are not safe where we are the crash test dummies. Only will I ride this if LI is by my side, might as well take out the good with the bad. Are there any politicians or members of the MWAA or WMATA that use these deathtraps on a regular basis?

Date: June 17, 2013 02:58PM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> Certainly this needs to be checked out. A wheel
> part broke off of the Silver Line test train in
> late February 2013 and cut 60 signal cables of the
> speed and status reporting system, causing huge
> rush-hour delays. And a Silver Line test train hit
> a number of emergency control boxes and maybe a
> handrail back around March 2013, and I am reading
> reports that a Red Line train hit some loose
> service stairs this morning, causing damage to
> some signal enclosures. If the control system
> needs attention, and if service stairs and
> handrails need better mounting, then let's get it
> done.

First bob, you are wrong again. That red line train hit the metal stairs last week.

Way to be late to the party

Secondly the control boxes that were struck were mis-located. It took all of 3 days to correctly install them into the right location.

Again, you are taking little snippets and turning them into a faulty image.

And again, I say lets wait till late december and see who is right ay? You keep wanting to pretend you have clairvoyance and looking like a dumbass, and yet everytime you have been proven wrong you never come back to say you were sorry for being so wrong.

This time, I will hold your feet to the fire using your quotes here.

Bob Bruhns predicts Silver Line won't begin operation until Mid February despite any backing or facts to support.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 02:59PM by Tysons Engineer.

Posted by: Anonymous Reader ()
Date: June 17, 2013 02:58PM

Bechtel subbed out the work to another firm with a record of faulty and therefore fatal performance??? Was the subcontractor listed in Bechtel's proposal as a teaming partner?? What was the decision criteria for this award - was is LPTA (Lowest Price Technically Acceptable)? Please explain how they can ensure error-proof testing of a system built by a flawed contractor while financially incentivizing them to rush through the work and beat the original deadlines. Why was this subcontractor allowed to work on this???

Date: June 17, 2013 02:59PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> -----
> > Certainly this needs to be checked out. A wheel
> > part broke off of the Silver Line test train in
> > late February 2013 and cut 60 signal cables of
> the
> > speed and status reporting system, causing huge
> > rush-hour delays. And a Silver Line test train
> hit
> > a number of emergency control boxes and maybe a
> > handrail back around March 2013, and I am
> reading
> > reports that a Red Line train hit some loose
> > service stairs this morning, causing damage to
> > some signal enclosures. If the control system
> > needs attention, and if service stairs and
> > handrails need better mounting, then let's get
> it
> > done.
>
>
> First bob, you are wrong again. That red line
> train hit the metal stairs last week.
>
> Way to be late to the party
>
> Secondly the control boxes that were struck were
> mis-located. It took all of 3 days to correctly
> install them into the right location.
>
> Again, you are taking little snippets and turning
> them into a faulty image.
>
> And again, I say lets wait till late december and
> see who is right ay? You keep wanting to pretend
> you have clairvoyance and looking like a dumbass,
> and yet everytime you have been proven wrong you
> never come back to say you were sorry for being so
> wrong.
>
> This time, I will hold your feet to the fire using
> your quotes here.

Apparently the letter from Mr. Rogoff (FTA) to Mr. Potter (MWAA) was sent on May 17, 2013 - but it wasn't until June 13, 2013 that WE found out, and apparently that was only because somebody finally leaked a copy to the Washington Post.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/concerns-raised-about-metro-train-control-system-on-new-rail-line/2013/06/13/68d86bf2-d452-11e2-b05f-3ea3f0e7bb5a_story.html

You know, we were assured that we would get transparency out of MWAA. THAT is not transparency!

OK. On November 16, 2012, we had a Congressional hearing on MWAA, after the horrible Inspector General report of November 1, 2012. At that hearing, only three of the five long-term Board and Officers spoke to the Congressional committee - Mr. Davis (2010), Mr. Curto (2011) and Mr. Potter (2011).

This latest example of non-transparency calls for another Congresional hearing, I think. But this time, can we have ALL of the long-time Board and Officers of MWAA answer questions from the Congressional oversight panel? Let's hear from Mr. Davis (2010), Mr. Curto (2011) and Mr. Potter (2011), Secretary Brinkley (2008), and Executive Vice President and COO McKeough (2004), shall we?

Date: June 17, 2013 03:00PM

Who cares if you find out Bob. I care if the people who are in charge of oversight find out. And in this case they did. What do you want MWAA to announce to WaPo immediately?

Thats not how construction works. When you hear there is an issue, you review it, figure out the scope of the problem, then determine the impact.

That doesnt happen in a single day, it takes a couple weeks.

Bob Bruhns predicts Silver Line won't begin operation until Mid February despite any backing or facts to support.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 03:02PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:02PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> -----
> >
>
> > -----
> > > God you are f-in dense Bob
> > >
> > > I point out that the case has ALWAYS been
> > December
> > > 31st since after WMATA let FFX know it would
> > take
> > > its sweet ass time with a 90 day testing
> period
> > > and what do you say?
> > >
> > > The same horseshit as if you have discovered
> > > something.
> > >
> > > The postponement will be all of 1 week if
> ANY.
> > It
> > > will likely still open December 31st because
> > (and
> > > if you read the article you would understand)
> > the
> > > contractor feels they can get back on
> schedule
> > > pretty easily.
> > >
> > > Yes, symbolically people want to open in 2013
> > (of
> > > course, because there are idiots like you who
> > will
> > > say LOOK THEY ARE A YEAR LATE if they open in
> > > 2014). End of the day, its a week late AT
> WORST
> > > unless something insane happens during
> testing.
> > >
> > > Construction is basically done at this point,
> > > there isn't enough float in construction
> alone
> > to
> > > cause your supposed 3 month delay. So if you
> > have
> > > some clairvoyance about the future testing,
> you
> > > should probably let them know what is going
> to
> > > fail on their testing.
> > >
> > > Jack ass
> > >
> > > I can't f-ing wait for it to open as I have
> > > predicted and to smear the internet with the
> > > quotes you provided above Bob. Its gonna be
> not
> > > just great, but epic. You are gonna be pretty
> > > embarrassed.
> > >
> > > See you in January you demagoguing know
> nothing
> >
> > How many times have we had this dance. I always
> > end up right and you always end up with your
> foot
> > in your mouth and alot of reasons why something
> > didn't go your way.
>
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHA
>
> Name one time you old fart
>

I'd say today. wink, wink.

Posted by: Dave Webster ()
Date: June 17, 2013 03:03PM

Bob, allow me to expose one obvious lie here. Carnaggio cited weather as one of the reasons "the date is where it is now and we are confident the contractor will meet it," he tolD WTOP.

We just had two of the most mild winters in recent memory. If anything, the "weather" should have resulted in an earlier and not later construction finish.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:03PM

>
> I'd say today. wink, wink.

The pathetic thing bob is that you think you are right. You aren't right. All you have pointed out is a story that I read prior to you even bringing it up, which doesn't even indicate that this WILL have any impact to schedule.

It says it might

and in that "might" is the entire difference of whether I am wrong or you are wrong. The thing is, I know construction, I know what is left on this project, and you are going to be wrong about your little prediction.

You don't get it do you old man.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:05PM

Dave Webster Wrote:
> Bob, allow me to expose one obvious lie here.
> Carnaggio cited weather as one of the reasons "the
> date is where it is now and we are confident the
> contractor will meet it," he tolD WTOP.
>
> We just had two of the most mild winters in recent
> memory. If anything, the "weather" should have
> resulted in an earlier and not later construction
> finish.

You mean the date of October 1st? Which would result in an opening the first week of January, a whole 1 week later?

How about you glossed over the fact that the people leading the project are saying it will be on time essentially. Just gloss over that part of the pertinent information

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 03:05PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:05PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Who cares if you find out Bob. I care if the
> people who are in charge of oversight find out.
> And in this case they did. What do you want MWAA
> to announce to WaPo immediately?
>
> Thats not how construction works. When you hear
> there is an issue, you review it, figure out the
> scope of the problem, then determine the impact.
>
> That doesnt happen in a single day, it takes a
> couple weeks.
>
> Bob Bruhns predicts Silver Line won't begin
> operation until Mid February despite any backing
> or facts to support.

I really don't understand your defense of this project. Severe safety issues, contractors using sub-contracts with shady and dubious safety backgrounds. Really, what kind of asshole defends something like this???

Date: June 17, 2013 03:06PM

Dave Webster Wrote:
> Bob, allow me to expose one obvious lie here.
> Carnaggio cited weather as one of the reasons "the
> date is where it is now and we are confident the
> contractor will meet it," he tolD WTOP.
>
> We just had two of the most mild winters in recent
> memory. If anything, the "weather" should have
> resulted in an earlier and not later construction
> finish.

Dave, I don't see it as a big deal if construction slips into early 2014. We had been told that it would. But someone must have decided that we had to be promised on-time delivery, I guess so that we would not question the house of cards that was created out of the pack of lies that is the Dulles Rail / Silver Line project.

Maybe there is a hushed-up concern about cost overrun. Maybe somebody's investors would get skittish. I wish I knew. And now I am hearing about some blunder with the remote status and speed system, that I think was severed by a broken wheel part in a testing accident back in late February 2013. That was almost hushed up except for the HUGE delays it caused in the subsequent morning rush. And apparently it was not only the test train that hit control boxes or a handrail during Silver Line tests, because now it seems as though a Red Line train did the same thing this morning. Something is wrong here.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:07PM

Howard Bender Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Who cares if you find out Bob. I care if the
> > people who are in charge of oversight find out.
> > And in this case they did. What do you want
> MWAA
> > to announce to WaPo immediately?
> >
> > Thats not how construction works. When you hear
> > there is an issue, you review it, figure out
> the
> > scope of the problem, then determine the
> impact.
> >
> > That doesnt happen in a single day, it takes a
> > couple weeks.
> >
> > Bob Bruhns predicts Silver Line won't begin
> > operation until Mid February despite any
> backing
> > or facts to support.

>
> I really don't understand your defense of this
> project. Severe safety issues, contractors using
> sub-contracts with shady and dubious safety
> backgrounds. Really, what kind of asshole defends
> something like this???

Hahaha, what kind of asshole uses minimal reading on the patch and washington post to predict massive delays that he is completely unaware of?

I am not defending anything about this project, what I am saying is, you two numb nuts dont know what you are talking about. That much is pretty clear since your only facts come out of what some journalist states without any technical background, and in that same snippet you refuse to admit that this is still easily within the ability to be on time.

Posted by: Dave Webster ()
Date: June 17, 2013 03:07PM

Sprawl and Crawl Wrote:
> The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is
> under fire again for its oversight of Metro’s
> Silver Line extension, prompting a sharp letter
> from the U.S. Department of Transportation about
> “alarming” changes made by a subcontractor.
>
> MWAA responded a week ago to concerns from DOT
> that the same contractor that built circuits
> blamed for a fatal 2009 crash along the Red Line
> had made unauthorized changes to the Metro’s
> Silver Line project.
>
> “This is alarming for many reasons, but most
> specifically because following the tragic June 22,
> 2009, collision of two WMATA trains at Fort Totten
> Station, the National Transportation Safety Board
> determined that one of the probable cause of the
> accident was ‘a failure of the track circuit
> modules, built by GRS/Alstom Signaling Inc.,’”
> DOT administrator Peter Rogoff said in a May 17
> letter to MWAA president and CEO John E. Potter.

Very, very disturbing.

Posted by: David Barry ()
Date: June 17, 2013 03:09PM

They just said a short time ago that they would open in 2013 even if that yard was not done on time. MWAA and Metro... what a team!

Posted by: Brian Virgo ()
Date: June 17, 2013 03:09PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> I am not defending anything about this project,
> what I am saying is, you two numb nuts dont know
> what you are talking about. That much is pretty
> clear since your only facts come out of what some
> journalist states without any technical
> background, and in that same snippet you refuse to
> admit that this is still easily within the ability
> to be on time.

Unbelievable.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:10PM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> Dave Webster Wrote:
> -----
> > Bob, allow me to expose one obvious lie here.
> > Carnaggio cited weather as one of the reasons
> "the
> > date is where it is now and we are confident
> the
> > contractor will meet it," he tolD WTOP.
> >
> > We just had two of the most mild winters in
> recent
> > memory. If anything, the "weather" should have
> > resulted in an earlier and not later
> construction
> > finish.
>
>
> Dave, I don't see it as a big deal if construction
> slips into early 2014. We had been told that it
> would. But someone must have decided that we had
> to be promised on-time delivery, I guess so that
> we would not question the house of cards that was
> created out of the pack of lies that is the Dulles
> Rail / Silver Line project.
>
> Maybe there is a hushed-up concern about cost
> overrun. Maybe somebody's investors would get
> skittish. I wish I knew. And now I am hearing
> about some blunder with the remote status and
> speed system, that I think was severed by a broken
> wheel part in a testing accident back in late
> February 2013. That was almost hushed up except
> for the HUGE delays it caused in the subsequent
> morning rush. And apparently it was not only the
> test train that hit control boxes or a handrail
> during Silver Line tests, because now it seems as
> though a Red Line train did the same thing this
> morning. Something is wrong here.

Bender

You wanna point out how full of shit this idiot is?

The stairs struck (LAST WEEK) have nothing to do with the mis-installed control boxes that were not located as indicated in the design drawings. Those control boxes are such a minimal fix it is hilarious that you bring them up, if not only to make it seem as if the system is going to be this huge disaster

You are such a joke bob I swear. God I am gonna love taking away all of your credibility when the silver line opens

"We were told it would open in 2013"

No we were told it would open December 31st 2013, as I pointed to Bob earlier. He still hasn't responded to be called out for being full of shit on that. Instead he obfuscates and tries to move on to the next fake crisis he has created in his brain to promote his war against transit

Old fart

We will all know once the contractor turns over in September/October now wont we Bob.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 03:13PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:15PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> -----
> > Dave Webster Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Bob, allow me to expose one obvious lie here.
> > > Carnaggio cited weather as one of the reasons
> > "the
> > > date is where it is now and we are confident
> > the
> > > contractor will meet it," he tolD WTOP.
> > >
> > > We just had two of the most mild winters in
> > recent
> > > memory. If anything, the "weather" should
> have
> > > resulted in an earlier and not later
> > construction
> > > finish.
> >
> >
> > Dave, I don't see it as a big deal if
> construction
> > slips into early 2014. We had been told that it
> > would. But someone must have decided that we
> had
> > to be promised on-time delivery, I guess so
> that
> > we would not question the house of cards that
> was
> > created out of the pack of lies that is the
> Dulles
> > Rail / Silver Line project.
> >
> > Maybe there is a hushed-up concern about cost
> > overrun. Maybe somebody's investors would get
> > skittish. I wish I knew. And now I am hearing
> > about some blunder with the remote status and
> > speed system, that I think was severed by a
> broken
> > wheel part in a testing accident back in late
> > February 2013. That was almost hushed up except
> > for the HUGE delays it caused in the subsequent
> > morning rush. And apparently it was not only
> the
> > test train that hit control boxes or a handrail
> > during Silver Line tests, because now it seems
> as
> > though a Red Line train did the same thing this
> > morning. Something is wrong here.
>
>
> Bender
>
> You wanna point out how full of shit this idiot
> is?
>
> The stairs struck (LAST WEEK) have nothing to do
> with the mis-installed control boxes that were not
> located as indicated in the design drawings. Those
> control boxes are such a minimal fix it is
> hilarious that you bring them up, if not only to
> make it seem as if the system is going to be this
> huge disaster
>
> You are such a joke bob I swear. God I am gonna
> love taking away all of your credibility when the
> silver line opens

Again, why are you defending the project? The escalators are not supposed to jam up, the trains are not supposed to hit each other, important safety gear is not supposed to fail. Anyone who comes down on the defense of this project, in leiu of these findings is either fucking crazy or stupid, or both. I'm leaning more towards the last one in your case. The groups that are supposed to provide oversite to this project are nothing more than warm bodies. Bob is 100% right, congressional hearings are really needed if a project can't be managed of this magnitude. What happens if they open the line and there is an accident? People are hurt or killed? What excuse will you use then?

Date: June 17, 2013 03:16PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> -----
> > Dave Webster Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Bob, allow me to expose one obvious lie here.
> > > Carnaggio cited weather as one of the reasons
> > "the
> > > date is where it is now and we are confident
> > the
> > > contractor will meet it," he tolD WTOP.
> > >
> > > We just had two of the most mild winters in
> > recent
> > > memory. If anything, the "weather" should
> have
> > > resulted in an earlier and not later
> > construction
> > > finish.
> >
> >
> > Dave, I don't see it as a big deal if
> construction
> > slips into early 2014. We had been told that it
> > would. But someone must have decided that we
> had
> > to be promised on-time delivery, I guess so
> that
> > we would not question the house of cards that
> was
> > created out of the pack of lies that is the
> Dulles
> > Rail / Silver Line project.
> >
> > Maybe there is a hushed-up concern about cost
> > overrun. Maybe somebody's investors would get
> > skittish. I wish I knew. And now I am hearing
> > about some blunder with the remote status and
> > speed system, that I think was severed by a
> broken
> > wheel part in a testing accident back in late
> > February 2013. That was almost hushed up except
> > for the HUGE delays it caused in the subsequent
> > morning rush. And apparently it was not only
> the
> > test train that hit control boxes or a handrail
> > during Silver Line tests, because now it seems
> as
> > though a Red Line train did the same thing this
> > morning. Something is wrong here.
>
>
> Bender
>
> You wanna point out how full of shit this idiot
> is?
>
> The stairs struck (LAST WEEK) have nothing to do
> with the mis-installed control boxes that were not
> located as indicated in the design drawings. Those
> control boxes are such a minimal fix it is
> hilarious that you bring them up, if not only to
> make it seem as if the system is going to be this
> huge disaster
>
> You are such a joke bob I swear. God I am gonna
> love taking away all of your credibility when the
> silver line opens
>
> "We were told it would open in 2013"
>
> No we were told it would open December 31st 2013,
> as I pointed to Bob earlier. He still hasn't
> responded to be called out for being full of shit
> on that. Instead he obfuscates and tries to move
> on to the next fake crisis he has created in his
> brain to promote his war against transit

>
> Old fart
>
> We will all know once the contractor turns over in
> September/October now wont we Bob.

Warn on transit? I'd love for this to work, I just have a problem with big government, crooked contractors, and accidents from dumb mistakes huring or killing people.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:18PM

Howard Bender Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Dave Webster Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Bob, allow me to expose one obvious lie
> here.
> > > > Carnaggio cited weather as one of the
> reasons
> > > "the
> > > > date is where it is now and we are
> confident
> > > the
> > > > contractor will meet it," he tolD WTOP.
> > > >
> > > > We just had two of the most mild winters in
> > > recent
> > > > memory. If anything, the "weather" should
> > have
> > > > resulted in an earlier and not later
> > > construction
> > > > finish.
> > >
> > >
> > > Dave, I don't see it as a big deal if
> > construction
> > > slips into early 2014. We had been told that
> it
> > > would. But someone must have decided that we
> > had
> > > to be promised on-time delivery, I guess so
> > that
> > > we would not question the house of cards that
> > was
> > > created out of the pack of lies that is the
> > Dulles
> > > Rail / Silver Line project.
> > >
> > > Maybe there is a hushed-up concern about cost
> > > overrun. Maybe somebody's investors would get
> > > skittish. I wish I knew. And now I am hearing
> > > about some blunder with the remote status and
> > > speed system, that I think was severed by a
> > broken
> > > wheel part in a testing accident back in late
> > > February 2013. That was almost hushed up
> except
> > > for the HUGE delays it caused in the
> subsequent
> > > morning rush. And apparently it was not only
> > the
> > > test train that hit control boxes or a
> handrail
> > > during Silver Line tests, because now it
> seems
> > as
> > > though a Red Line train did the same thing
> this
> > > morning. Something is wrong here.
> >
> >
> > Bender
> >
> > You wanna point out how full of shit this idiot
> > is?
> >
> > The stairs struck (LAST WEEK) have nothing to
> do
> > with the mis-installed control boxes that were
> not
> > located as indicated in the design drawings.
> Those
> > control boxes are such a minimal fix it is
> > hilarious that you bring them up, if not only
> to
> > make it seem as if the system is going to be
> this
> > huge disaster
> >
> > You are such a joke bob I swear. God I am gonna
> > love taking away all of your credibility when
> the
> > silver line opens
>
>
> Again, why are you defending the project? The
> escalators are not supposed to jam up, the trains
> are not supposed to hit each other, important
> safety gear is not supposed to fail. Anyone who
> comes down on the defense of this project, in leiu
> of these findings is either fucking crazy or
> stupid, or both. I'm leaning more towards the last
> one in your case. The groups that are supposed to
> provide oversite to this project are nothing more
> than warm bodies. Bob is 100% right, congressional
> hearings are really needed if a project can't be
> managed of this magnitude. What happens if they
> open the line and there is an accident? People are
> hurt or killed? What excuse will you use then?

Howard, why are you not capable of talking about THIS project.

You want to take something as complicated as a multi-billion dollar project and say that something that happened on an existing redline station built 40 years ago has ANYTHING to do with it?

You bring in escalators. That is hilarious because there hasnt been a SINGLE god damn issue with the escalators on the silver line.

You two birds of a feather are not even discussing the issues at hand. So why should anyone take you seriously?

The sad thing is, people who cant see through your snake oil horseshit believe it. I don't because I know better ass holes. And when the project opens up well before Bobs prediction of Mid February, I'm not gonna let you two get away with it.

Mk sugar?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 03:18PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:20PM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Dave Webster Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Bob, allow me to expose one obvious lie
> here.
> > > > Carnaggio cited weather as one of the
> reasons
> > > "the
> > > > date is where it is now and we are
> confident
> > > the
> > > > contractor will meet it," he tolD WTOP.
> > > >
> > > > We just had two of the most mild winters in
> > > recent
> > > > memory. If anything, the "weather" should
> > have
> > > > resulted in an earlier and not later
> > > construction
> > > > finish.
> > >
> > >
> > > Dave, I don't see it as a big deal if
> > construction
> > > slips into early 2014. We had been told that
> it
> > > would. But someone must have decided that we
> > had
> > > to be promised on-time delivery, I guess so
> > that
> > > we would not question the house of cards that
> > was
> > > created out of the pack of lies that is the
> > Dulles
> > > Rail / Silver Line project.
> > >
> > > Maybe there is a hushed-up concern about cost
> > > overrun. Maybe somebody's investors would get
> > > skittish. I wish I knew. And now I am hearing
> > > about some blunder with the remote status and
> > > speed system, that I think was severed by a
> > broken
> > > wheel part in a testing accident back in late
> > > February 2013. That was almost hushed up
> except
> > > for the HUGE delays it caused in the
> subsequent
> > > morning rush. And apparently it was not only
> > the
> > > test train that hit control boxes or a
> handrail
> > > during Silver Line tests, because now it
> seems
> > as
> > > though a Red Line train did the same thing
> this
> > > morning. Something is wrong here.
> >
> >
> > Bender
> >
> > You wanna point out how full of shit this idiot
> > is?
> >
> > The stairs struck (LAST WEEK) have nothing to
> do
> > with the mis-installed control boxes that were
> not
> > located as indicated in the design drawings.
> Those
> > control boxes are such a minimal fix it is
> > hilarious that you bring them up, if not only
> to
> > make it seem as if the system is going to be
> this
> > huge disaster
> >
> > You are such a joke bob I swear. God I am gonna
> > love taking away all of your credibility when
> the
> > silver line opens
> >
> > "We were told it would open in 2013"
> >
> > No we were told it would open December 31st
> 2013,
> > as I pointed to Bob earlier. He still hasn't
> > responded to be called out for being full of
> shit
> > on that. Instead he obfuscates and tries to
> move
> > on to the next fake crisis he has created in
> his
> > brain to promote his war against transit

> >
> > Old fart
> >
> > We will all know once the contractor turns over
> in
> > September/October now wont we Bob.
>
>
> Warn on transit? I'd love for this to work, I just
> have a problem with big government, crooked
> contractors, and accidents from dumb mistakes
> huring or killing people.

Yes... when it involves transit. No comments from you when safety wasn't considered at the onramp of I-66 and 495 during that construction. Temporary merge lanes that didnt meet VDOTs own code, up for more than a year, caused several dozen accidents including a serious injury.

How come no comments about that project Bobby?

Look into the archives, couldn't find you on the record about the death of a construction worker due to improper safety during the Mixing Bowls construction Bobby?

Wanna tell me again why you get so one-noted when it comes to the Silver Line?

Hmmmmmm? Who pays your bills Bob?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 03:21PM by Tysons Engineer.

Posted by: adsfadsfdasf ()
Date: June 17, 2013 03:21PM

Howard,

This is that same loser that writes tons of blogs about projects in the area. He offers no facts, nothing to support his position or his infantile posturing. Tons of blogs filled with crap, crap, and more crap. I think he's jealous of Bob though. I've read through Bob's pieces online and they at least provide sources where I can check the facts.

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------->
> http://tysonscorner.patch.com/articles/tysons-tax-
> a-bitter-but-necessary-pill
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/dulles-toll-road-ramp-p
> rojects-show-ignorance-to-repeated-mistakes/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/outer-beltway-needed-sc
> rutinizing-the-logic-of-pet-projects/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/commonwealth-transporta
> tion-board-who-are-they/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/tysons-bus-circulator-p
> ublic-meeting-brings-new-information-on-tysons-tra
> nsportation/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/tysons-bus-routes-show-
> disinterest-for-existing-residents/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/international-drive-and
> -chain-bridge-road/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/gosnell-road-four-lanes
> -of-imperceptible-danger/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/oped-connollymorantrans
> it/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/thousands-of-tysons-res
> idents-face-dangerous-walk-to-metro/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/fairfax-connectors-rigi
> dity-on-fleet-size-costing-millions-and-impacting-
> access/
>

Date: June 17, 2013 03:23PM

Classic, yep Bob is the smart one here.

God I am gonna bookmark this page, I can't wait to come back to this one when the Silver Line opens.

My favorite part was when Bob tells me I dont attend the public meetings, and then I point out the construction schedule and operation schedule as presented by FCDOT at a public meeting he wasn't at.

Then he doesnt say anything, finds his little buddy who lies about knowing anything about this project to come on and use a washington post article that has no specifics about delays to justify why he thinks there is a 10 week delay on the project no one knows about

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 03:24PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:24PM

> Yes... when it involves transit. No comments from
> you when safety wasn't considered at the onramp of
> I-66 and 495 during that construction. Temporary
> merge lanes that didnt meet VDOTs own code, up for
> more than a year, caused several dozen accidents
> including a serious injury.
>
> How come no comments about that project Bobby?
>
> Look into the archives, couldn't find you on the
> record about the death of a construction worker
> due to improper safety during the Mixing Bowls
> construction Bobby?
>
> Wanna tell me again why you get so one-noted when
> it comes to the Silver Line?
>
> Hmmmmmm? Who pays your bills Bob?

I had a surgical procedure not long before that happened, so I was out-of-circulation for about 6 weeks. I did comment on it after the fact, but the subject had faded from everyone's view.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:25PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> My favorite part was when Bob tells me I dont
> attend the public meetings, and then I point out
> the construction schedule and operation schedule
> as presented by FCDOT at a public meeting he
> wasn't at.

Uh, many of us join those remotely. It is the 21st century after all.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:26PM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJEF-XT5ma_D0VH4pZ2zt

Date: June 17, 2013 03:26PM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > My favorite part was when Bob tells me I dont
> > attend the public meetings, and then I point
> out
> > the construction schedule and operation
> schedule
> > as presented by FCDOT at a public meeting he
> > wasn't at.
>
> Uh, many of us join those remotely. It is the 21st
> century after all.

Now I know you are full of shit, because the Silver Line bus meetings were not filmed for either channel 16 or archives. It was recorded for audio though

Any other lies you wanna tell people?

Hello?

Bob?

Where ja go? You gonna change subject matter again? You wanna start talking about signal sensors which you have no idea what you are saying? You wanna misquote a washington post article which doesn't discuss any of the technical elements of what it means for the equipment to be retested? You wanna tell me who your source for the 10 week delay in operation is?

I'd love to know all of these things bobby

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 03:28PM by Tysons Engineer.

Posted by: ????????????????? ()
Date: June 17, 2013 03:28PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> PS my car is in a locked below grade high-rise
> garage. Good luck stealing it. Feel free, its a
> shitty 2005 honda civic with 150k on it. Its worth
> more to me stolen than it is not.

It's hard to respect anyone who professes to know so much but drives around in the shittiest car around. I see mexicans driving those old honda civics around town. Does yours have a big ass fin on it too?

Date: June 17, 2013 03:29PM

????????????????? Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > PS my car is in a locked below grade high-rise
> > garage. Good luck stealing it. Feel free, its a
> > shitty 2005 honda civic with 150k on it. Its
> worth
> > more to me stolen than it is not.
>
> It's hard to respect anyone who professes to know
> so much but drives around in the shittiest car
> around. I see mexicans driving those old honda
> civics around town. Does yours have a big ass fin
> on it too?

? No mine is stock in normal colors because Im not an idiot who judges others based on something they drive.

That car cost be 19k, its got 150k in it, and my last honda got me 250k. That was over a decade of driving with almost minimal maintenance. So please do tell me how great your wonderful overpriced piece of shit car is and how long it lasts.

This must be bob, trying to obfuscate again because he was called out for being full of shit.

oh so sad bob oh so sad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 03:31PM by Tysons Engineer.

Posted by: asdfdsdasf ()
Date: June 17, 2013 03:30PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Now I know you are full of shit, because the
> Silver Line bus meetings were not filmed for
> either channel 16 or archives. It was recorded for
> audio though

You can listen to it streaming live or download the video. The links posted on the Fairfax county website dumbass. Talk about lying!

Date: June 17, 2013 03:31PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> ????????????????? Wrote:
> -----
> >
>
> > -----
> > > PS my car is in a locked below grade
> high-rise
> > > garage. Good luck stealing it. Feel free, its
> a
> > > shitty 2005 honda civic with 150k on it. Its
> > worth
> > > more to me stolen than it is not.
> >
> > It's hard to respect anyone who professes to
> know
> > so much but drives around in the shittiest car
> > around. I see mexicans driving those old honda
> > civics around town. Does yours have a big ass
> fin
> > on it too?
>
>
> ? No mine is stock in normal colors because Im not
> an idiot who judges others based on something they
> drive.
>
> This must be bob, trying to obfuscate again
> because he was called out for being full of shit.
>
> oh so sad bob oh so sad

Bob? No my name is Jim. What's the matter ass clown the voices in your head confusing you. A 2005 Honda civic??? Hhahahahahahhahahahah!

Date: June 17, 2013 03:32PM

asdfdsdasf Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Now I know you are full of shit, because the
> > Silver Line bus meetings were not filmed for
> > either channel 16 or archives. It was recorded
> for
> > audio though
>
> You can listen to it streaming live or download
> the video. The links posted on the Fairfax county
> website dumbass. Talk about lying!

Go ahead link it numb nuts. Those meetings were not live streamed. Anyone who was there can tell you that. But go ahead link me to the audio and when it was posted

Go ahead

The meeting was the February Silver Line Bus meeting when they first told about the December 31st operation date. Still waiting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 03:32PM by Tysons Engineer.

Posted by: Sum Ding Wong ()
Date: June 17, 2013 03:33PM

????????????????? Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > ????????????????? Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > PS my car is in a locked below grade
> > high-rise
> > > > garage. Good luck stealing it. Feel free,
> its
> > a
> > > > shitty 2005 honda civic with 150k on it.
> Its
> > > worth
> > > > more to me stolen than it is not.
> > >
> > > It's hard to respect anyone who professes to
> > know
> > > so much but drives around in the shittiest
> car
> > > around. I see mexicans driving those old
> honda
> > > civics around town. Does yours have a big ass
> > fin
> > > on it too?
> >
> >
> > ? No mine is stock in normal colors because Im
> not
> > an idiot who judges others based on something
> they
> > drive.
> >
> > This must be bob, trying to obfuscate again
> > because he was called out for being full of
> shit.
> >
> > oh so sad bob oh so sad
>
> Bob? No my name is Jim. What's the matter ass
> clown the voices in your head confusing you. A
> 2005 Honda civic??? Hhahahahahahhahahahah!

Tyson Engineer's car:
Attachments:
Funny_Honda_Pic_02.jpg

Date: June 17, 2013 03:34PM

????????????????? Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > ????????????????? Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > PS my car is in a locked below grade
> > high-rise
> > > > garage. Good luck stealing it. Feel free,
> its
> > a
> > > > shitty 2005 honda civic with 150k on it.
> Its
> > > worth
> > > > more to me stolen than it is not.
> > >
> > > It's hard to respect anyone who professes to
> > know
> > > so much but drives around in the shittiest
> car
> > > around. I see mexicans driving those old
> honda
> > > civics around town. Does yours have a big ass
> > fin
> > > on it too?
> >
> >
> > ? No mine is stock in normal colors because Im
> not
> > an idiot who judges others based on something
> they
> > drive.
> >
> > This must be bob, trying to obfuscate again
> > because he was called out for being full of
> shit.
> >
> > oh so sad bob oh so sad
>
> Bob? No my name is Jim. What's the matter ass
> clown the voices in your head confusing you. A
> 2005 Honda civic??? Hhahahahahahhahahahah!

Sorry loser I could care less what you think about my shitty car. I'm too busy flying all over the world and not wasting my money on a depreciating asset.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:34PM

Repost since you want to jam up this thread to hide your lies

Date: June 17, 2013 03:32PM

asdfdsdasf Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Now I know you are full of shit, because the
> > Silver Line bus meetings were not filmed for
> > either channel 16 or archives. It was recorded
> for
> > audio though
>
> You can listen to it streaming live or download
> the video. The links posted on the Fairfax county
> website dumbass. Talk about lying!

Go ahead link it numb nuts. Those meetings were not live streamed. Anyone who was there can tell you that. But go ahead link me to the audio and when it was posted

Go ahead

The meeting was the February Silver Line Bus meeting when they first told about the December 31st operation date. Still waiting

Date: June 17, 2013 03:35PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> asdfdsdasf Wrote:
> -----
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Now I know you are full of shit, because the
> > > Silver Line bus meetings were not filmed for
> > > either channel 16 or archives. It was
> recorded
> > for
> > > audio though
> >
> > You can listen to it streaming live or download
> > the video. The links posted on the Fairfax
> county
> > website dumbass. Talk about lying!
>
>
> Go ahead link it numb nuts. Those meetings were
> not live streamed. Anyone who was there can tell
> you that. But go ahead link me to the audio and
> when it was posted
>
> Go ahead
>
> The meeting was the February Silver Line Bus
> meeting when they first told about the December
> 31st operation date. Still waiting

Translation....He doesn't know what he's talking about and he can't find the links off the FFX County website.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:35PM

Go ahead waiting for the download link to the February Silver Line Bus meetings. Channel 16 wasn't filming for it that day... but you want to lie. So I want to see

Date: June 17, 2013 03:36PM

????????????????? Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > asdfdsdasf Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Now I know you are full of shit, because
> the
> > > > Silver Line bus meetings were not filmed
> for
> > > > either channel 16 or archives. It was
> > recorded
> > > for
> > > > audio though
> > >
> > > You can listen to it streaming live or
> download
> > > the video. The links posted on the Fairfax
> > county
> > > website dumbass. Talk about lying!
> >
> >
> > Go ahead link it numb nuts. Those meetings were
> > not live streamed. Anyone who was there can
> tell
> > you that. But go ahead link me to the audio and
> > when it was posted
> >
> > Go ahead
> >
> > The meeting was the February Silver Line Bus
> > meeting when they first told about the December
> > 31st operation date. Still waiting
>
> Translation....He doesn't know what he's talking
> about and he can't find the links off the FFX
> County website.

HAHAHAHAHAH oh god that is precious

I thought you had it at your finger tips. Go ahead link it. They dont exist thats why you wont link it ass wipe

Still waiting

Posted by: asdfdsfdfasdf ()
Date: June 17, 2013 03:36PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Sorry loser I could care less what you think about
> my shitty car. I'm too busy flying all over the
> world and not wasting my money on a depreciating
> asset.

I call bullshit. If you're really flying all over the world, then how come you have time to go to local meetings and are supposedly "On top of Everything"??????

HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA

Date: June 17, 2013 03:39PM

asdfdsfdfasdf Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Sorry loser I could care less what you think
> about
> > my shitty car. I'm too busy flying all over the
> > world and not wasting my money on a
> depreciating
> > asset.
>
> I call bullshit. If you're really flying all over
> the world, then how come you have time to go to
> local meetings and are supposedly "On top of
> Everything"??????
>
> HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA

TaipeiSkyline.jpg

Picture from on top of Taipei 101 from last December,

DiagonalCrosswalk-01.jpg

Picture from downtown Taipei

ParisMarket01.jpg picture from paris from my trip in January

Date: June 17, 2013 03:40PM

ParisMarket02.jpg

Same market zoom up of some of the stuff being sold

indoor shop at the Plaza Concorde in Paris

ParisMarket05.jpg

http://thetysonscorner.com/freedom-and-alternatives-in-land-use/

Some photos from my trip to Provence in there too

Then there was the other trip I had to Paris in April

https://twitter.com/TheTysonsCorner

Feel free to look at all my pictures. They come with the date they were posted in my twitter feed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 03:41PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:42PM

Then there were the tweets I made while in Jordan, Japan, Detroit, Boston, anything else asshole?

Date: June 17, 2013 03:44PM

None of which has anything to do with the fact that bob is a lying piece of crap who pretended just now to have said he saw that meeting of the FCDOT about the silver line bus service on line, when in fact he didnt because it didnt exist.

He doesnt want to admit he lied, so he changes subjects to my car, or where I have travelled.

Whats wrong bob?

Date: June 17, 2013 03:49PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> None of which has anything to do with the fact
> that bob is a lying piece of crap who pretended
> just now to have said he saw that meeting of the
> FCDOT about the silver line bus service on line,
> when in fact he didnt because it didnt exist.
>
> He doesnt want to admit he lied, so he changes
> subjects to my car, or where I have travelled.
>
> Whats wrong bob?

I never said there were any links to post, someone else did. There is a conference bridge that is opened prior to every meeting so that those who cannot attend in person can hear/join the discussion (if its open forum).

Posted by: asdfdsfdfasdf ()
Date: June 17, 2013 03:51PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Then there were the tweets I made while in Jordan,
> Japan, Detroit, Boston, anything else asshole?

It just makes us hate you all that much more. Why don't you go to those countries and do us a favor......STAY THERE WITH YOUR DIRTY FOREIGN FRIENDS. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Posted by: Lazy Bums ()
Date: June 17, 2013 03:52PM

Sprawl and Crawl Wrote:
> U.S. DOT Admin Calls Unauthorized Silver Line
> Changes 'Alarming'
> http://herndon.patch.com/articles/mwaa-no-delays-y
> et-safety-top-priority#comments
>
> Representatives say safety is a top priority and
> the project remains on track.
>
> The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is
> under fire again for its oversight of Metro’s
> Silver Line extension, prompting a sharp letter
> from the U.S. Department of Transportation about
> “alarming” changes made by a subcontractor.
>
> However, representatives at MWAA assert that
> safety is a top priority, all concerns will be
> addressed and, at the moment, the project remains
> on track.
>
> MWAA responded a week ago to concerns from DOT
> that the same contractor that built circuits
> blamed for a fatal 2009 crash along the Red Line
> had made unauthorized changes to the Metro’s
> Silver Line project.
>
> “This is alarming for many reasons, but most
> specifically because following the tragic June 22,
> 2009, collision of two WMATA trains at Fort Totten
> Station, the National Transportation Safety Board
> determined that one of the probable cause of the
> accident was ‘a failure of the track circuit
> modules, built by GRS/Alstom Signaling Inc.,’”
> DOT administrator Peter Rogoff said in a May 17
> letter to MWAA president and CEO John E. Potter.
>
> In Potter’s June 7 response, he state, “I
> entirely agree with the concern” Rogoff raised
> about Alstom Signaling and that MWAA would address
> the issue.
>
> “Their testing work in this area in this area is
> not acceptable, and corrective actions have been
> initiated,” Potter stated. “Please be assured
> we will not accept any Phase 1 product from
> Alstom, or any other DTP subcontractor, that has
> not met all safety requirements … In no case
> will safety be compromised.”
>
> In a follow up this week, Marcia McAllister, a
> spokeswoman for the Dulles Corridor Metrorail
> Project – which is part of MWAA – said
> reiterated Potter’s statements.
>
> ‘We are undertaking extensive testing and
> documentation to ensure the safety of the system
> so everyone can be confident that the system is
> safe and reliable,” McAllister said. “We will
> never compromise on safety and quality.”
>
> Furthermore, the fact that letters were exchanged
> between MWAA and DOT shows that such unauthorized
> changes will not slip by, she suggested.
>
> “The oversight processes are working,”
> McAlliser said.
>
> Alstom was doing work for the contractor Bechtel,
> a representative of which told the Washington Post
> that Bechtel had met with Alstom senior management
> ... to "strongly reinforce the need to follow
> procedures.”
>
> Meanwhile, as contractors continue work on the
> project’s first phase to Reston – phase two
> will carry the Silver Line out to Dulles Airport
> and Ashburn – a representative for MWAA said
> delays could push back completion of construction,
> which would mean no bonuses for finishing on
> time.
>
> However, representatives this week said the
> project remains on track for late summer delivery,
> despite a WTOP report this week that estimated
> Oct. 1 for a January 2014 delivery.
>
> “At this point, we do not see expect delays in
> the completion of construction,” according to a
> statement from MWAA provided by McAllister.
> “Construction completion is anticipated in early
> to mid-September and the Airports Authority will
> turn the project over to WMATA. WMATA will
> determine the opening date following processes set
> by their board.”
>
> Once MWAA turns the project over to the Washington
> Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, WMATA will
> conduct further tests before opening the line for
> passengers. WMATA has previously indicated the
> Silver Line could begin operation in December;
> however, that could only happen with minimal
> delays. Conventional wisdom suggests that with
> such a large project any delays will push the
> opening date into 2014. Delays can be caused by
> weather, unforeseen circumstances or mistakes.

As I said, union labor.

Posted by: ??????????? ()
Date: June 17, 2013 03:54PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> I love racial cronyism Wrote:
> -----
> > All Aboard Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Tysons Engineer? Is that what they are
> calling
> > > Silver Line train operators?
> >
> > I thought they would be called Tyrone, Duhshawn
> or
> > Antwon.
>
> Yer a jackass, but sadly each year this is
> becoming more and more accurate in WMATA's service
> as it continues to be more of a jobs program than
> a transit agency.

That you seem to love, because you're always jumping to their rescue!

Date: June 17, 2013 03:57PM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > None of which has anything to do with the fact
> > that bob is a lying piece of crap who pretended
> > just now to have said he saw that meeting of
> the
> > FCDOT about the silver line bus service on
> line,
> > when in fact he didnt because it didnt exist.
> >
> > He doesnt want to admit he lied, so he changes
> > subjects to my car, or where I have travelled.
> >
> > Whats wrong bob?
>
> I never said there were any links to post, someone
> else did. There is a conference bridge that is
> opened prior to every meeting so that those who
> cannot attend in person can hear/join the
> discussion (if its open forum).

See this is how ignorant you are of the meetings I am talking about

THEY WERENT AT THE GOVT BUILDING IDIOT

They were at varying locations around the county. One was held in mclean at the library, another in Vienna at Westbriar, one in Tysons/FC at Pimmit Library

Jesus christ, just stop with the lies dude and come out and say you were wrong and you hadn't heard about any of this information and you were misinformed about the incorrect opening day for metro. Metro has been planned to be open for silver line December 31st

All of this thread is a freakout about a 1 week delay POSSIBLY.

Your lie about a Mid February is all hear say and not based in any facts that you have at hand.

Say it

Date: June 17, 2013 03:58PM

??????????? Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > I love racial cronyism Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > All Aboard Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Tysons Engineer? Is that what they are
> > calling
> > > > Silver Line train operators?
> > >
> > > I thought they would be called Tyrone,
> Duhshawn
> > or
> > > Antwon.
> >
> > Yer a jackass, but sadly each year this is
> > becoming more and more accurate in WMATA's
> service
> > as it continues to be more of a jobs program
> than
> > a transit agency.
>
> That you seem to love, because you're always
> jumping to their rescue!

And yet everyone of the threads you posted just now that I have written criticized WMATA. Please do tell me how I am defending WMATA?

You are so dumb you still dont understand WMATA and Silver Line construction are two separate things.

The only delay occurring here, is likely going to be due to WMATA in the 90 day period for testing they will have. If that was cut down the Metro silver line could be open far earlier than December 31st 2013.

Date: June 17, 2013 03:59PM

asdfdsfdfasdf Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Then there were the tweets I made while in
> Jordan,
> > Japan, Detroit, Boston, anything else asshole?
>
> It just makes us hate you all that much more. Why
> don't you go to those countries and do us a
> favor......STAY THERE WITH YOUR DIRTY FOREIGN
> FRIENDS. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

You are an idiot. You get proven wrong, then you act like a petulant little child. You must be friends with Bob "I'm not a cost estimator" Bruhns and Howard the wanna be scheduler who's never worked in Workflow I dare say

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 04:00PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 17, 2013 04:01PM

flair-classic-etch-a-sketch--the-worlds-

Date: June 17, 2013 04:02PM

> I never said there were any links to post, someone
> else did. There is a conference bridge that is
> opened prior to every meeting so that those who
> cannot attend in person can hear/join the
> discussion (if its open forum).

See this is how ignorant you are of the meetings I am talking about

THEY WERENT AT THE GOVT BUILDING IDIOT

They were at varying locations around the county. One was held in mclean at the library, another in Vienna at Westbriar, one in Tysons/FC at Pimmit Library

Jesus christ, just stop with the lies dude and come out and say you were wrong and you hadn't heard about any of this information and you were misinformed about the incorrect opening day for metro. Metro has been planned to be open for silver line December 31st

All of this thread is a freakout about a 1 week delay POSSIBLY.

Your lie about a Mid February is all hear say and not based in any facts that you have at hand.

Say it

Repost to remind people what a liar bob is, and not to be confused with this other troll who will now be ignored because his best argument is that I drive a bad car so I cant be trusted about my knowledge on the silver line.

Date: June 17, 2013 04:06PM

I dont see you in any of these pictures bob? You seem to love throwing stones for someone living in a glass house, telling me I dont attend the public meetings that matter here is a case where I in fact did and you didnt, then you come on here and tell people lies that if you had attended that meeting you would have heard yourself.

http://thetysonscorner.com/tysons-bus-routes-show-disinterest-for-existing-residents/

Date: June 17, 2013 04:06PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> > I never said there were any links to post,
> someone
> > else did. There is a conference bridge that is
> > opened prior to every meeting so that those who
> > cannot attend in person can hear/join the
> > discussion (if its open forum).
>
>
> See this is how ignorant you are of the meetings I
> am talking about
>
> THEY WERENT AT THE GOVT BUILDING IDIOT
>
> They were at varying locations around the county.
> One was held in mclean at the library, another in
> Vienna at Westbriar, one in Tysons/FC at Pimmit
> Library

I never said what the locations were at all!

Posted by: ?????????? ()
Date: June 17, 2013 04:08PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> I dont see you in any of these pictures bob? You
> seem to love throwing stones for someone living in
> a glass house, telling me I dont attend the
> public meetings that matter
here is a case
> where I in fact did and you didnt, then you come
> on here and tell people lies that if you had
> attended that meeting you would have heard
> yourself.
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/tysons-bus-routes-show-
> disinterest-for-existing-residents/

And just where are you in those pictures?

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.