HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Wolftrap parking
Posted by: Commuter ()
Date: June 16, 2013 07:47AM

Where is the best place to park at Wolftrap, general parking not the Associate or member parking. Was there last night and they had cars everywhere. Could not figure out why they were using fields and putting people right up close to the gates. How did people know where to park.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wolftrap parking
Posted by: Wolf Trap Jihadist ()
Date: June 16, 2013 08:04AM

I have a brown savage in my employ for just such an occasion. He drives me in, I get dropped off...simple.

Posted by: thH7e ()
Date: June 16, 2013 09:57AM

Saturday night was a sold-out show. WT has two large paved parking lots. When they are full, the rangers and Park Police direct traffic onto the adjacent grass areas. You park where they tell you to park. Be grateful it's free. Or you could ride the special shuttles from the West Falls Church Metro stop.
http://www.wolftrap.org/Plan_Your_Visit/Access_by_Metro.aspx

Posted by: KCF ()
Date: June 16, 2013 10:03AM

Did everyone bring 10 coolers filled with food?

Posted by: Commuter ()
Date: June 16, 2013 11:52AM

So next time I should get there later to get a closer in spot? Must have taken forever to clear cars from those fenced in grassy areas. I know we rushed to get out of the general parking lot before gridlock set in.

Posted by: ktL3V ()
Date: June 16, 2013 01:39PM

Commuter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So next time I should get there later to get a
> closer in spot? Must have taken forever to clear
> cars from those fenced in grassy areas. I know we
> rushed to get out of the general parking lot
> before gridlock set in.

From Route 7 or the toll road, it's only one lane in and one lane out. No easy exit unless you leave early. Some people plan a little minipicnic while they wait for the crowds to clear. All things considered, the rangers do a great job. Nissan and Merriweather are much worse.

Posted by: Basic Intell ()
Date: June 16, 2013 02:44PM

Yes, the rangers do as good a job as can be expected in such a venue. What amazes me is that there is such a ridiculous parking situation in the first place. Wolf Trap is a popular spot that has been here for many years. Why is the parking situation so poor to begin with? Given the fact that it is overflowing with traffic for just about every concert, wouldn't one think there would be ample parking provided to reduce the traffic jams that create such headaches for everyone involved? Add to the fact the rudeness of many of the drivers leaving after concerts and it's no wonder that in order to avoid frustration, one must just relax for an hour or two after the entertainment is over before leaving the park. Am I missing something here? Why can't more decent parking be made available? And please, only people with any semblance of intellect need reply.

Posted by: No Semblance of Intellect ()
Date: June 16, 2013 03:08PM

Awwwwwwwwww shit, "Basic Intell"...me no gots no what you said someone who does have shouldn't reply. Well, NOW what the fuck you gon' do, muffakah? I know! NOTHING!

They don't have ample parking at Wolf Trap. They never have and they never will because there's no real estate available nor money to build a multi-level garage. If you're driving, get there early. If you can't get there early, take METRO and take the bus from West Falls Church.

Either that or pick the shit acts and only go to those shows. That way, the parking won't be full. The situation is what it is and I promise you...complaining about it on the Internet won't change it, but you keep hammering away.

Posted by: _Eyedea_ ()
Date: June 16, 2013 03:27PM

Basic Intell Wrote:
> Yes, the rangers do as good a job as can be
> expected in such a venue. What amazes me is that
> there is such a ridiculous parking situation in
> the first place. Wolf Trap is a popular spot that
> has been here for many years. Why is the parking
> situation so poor to begin with? Given the fact
> that it is overflowing with traffic for just about
> every concert, wouldn't one think there would be
> ample parking provided to reduce the traffic jams
> that create such headaches for everyone involved?
> Add to the fact the rudeness of many of the
> drivers leaving after concerts and it's no wonder
> that in order to avoid frustration, one must just
> relax for an hour or two after the entertainment
> is over before leaving the park. Am I missing
> something here? Why can't more decent parking be
> made available? And please, only people with any
> semblance of intellect need reply.

Hopefully i've got enough intellect to answer this adaquately, but there are other parking lots located "off site" IE a couple streets away that are also owned by Wolftrap and can/should be used when the big lots are just too much to deal with. I've seen people often park elsewhere and walk the block or street to avoid the Fedex stadium style bum rush. That's what the "smart" people do when they don't feel like waiting in line to leave for hours on end, I guess.

Posted by: hCxCn ()
Date: June 17, 2013 12:54AM

Basic Intell Wrote:
> Yes, the rangers do as good a job as can be
> expected in such a venue. What amazes me is that
> there is such a ridiculous parking situation in
> the first place. Wolf Trap is a popular spot that
> has been here for many years. Why is the parking
> situation so poor to begin with? Given the fact
> that it is overflowing with traffic for just about
> every concert, wouldn't one think there would be
> ample parking provided to reduce the traffic jams
> that create such headaches for everyone involved?
> Add to the fact the rudeness of many of the
> drivers leaving after concerts and it's no wonder
> that in order to avoid frustration, one must just
> relax for an hour or two after the entertainment
> is over before leaving the park. Am I missing
> something here? Why can't more decent parking be
> made available? And please, only people with any
> semblance of intellect need reply.

The issue really isn't space for cars. When the lots are full, they use the fields. On the rare occasions when the fields fill up, the police cover the "no parking" signs on the shoulders and let people park there too. The real issue is access: there is one lane to the toll road, and one lane through a residential neighborhood to Route 7. That's it. No matter how big and beautiful the parking lots or a mythical garage could be, two lanes can only handle so many cars per minute. Unless you can persuade the Virginia legislature to condemn several blocks of single-family homes to widen a roadway that is used about an hour a day for three months of the year, the traffic at WT is just something you have to plan for, as it is for Nationals and Redskins games, Jiffy Lube concerts, etc. Or you can hop on the shuttle bus and ride it to the Metro.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.