HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Jack Dale Unable to Return to Work Before Retirement
Posted by: FCPS news ()
Date: June 11, 2013 08:17AM

Jack Dale Unable to Return to Work Before Retirement
Fairfax County superintendent, still recovering from aortic aneurysm, said his doctors would not permit him to return before June 30.
http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/articles/jack-dale-unable-to-return-to-work-before-retirement

Jack Dale, outgoing superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, will not return to work before his June 30 retirement.

Dale, 64, was rushed to the hospital May 7 after telling his staff he was feeling ill. Doctors discovered Dale had suffered an aortic aneurysm and performed emergency cardiovascular surgery.

In an email to FCPS staff Thursday evening, Dale said he was making a steady recovery after the scare but would be unable to report back to work before he officially retires.

FCPS representatives were originally optimistic that Dale would be able to come back to work briefly before he leaves, but doctors have said it isn’t a good idea.

“I am making progress and getting stronger, but not fast enough for my own liking,” Dale said in his email. “I am sorry and saddened to report that my doctors have not cleared me to return to work.”

He will be making himself available to Karen Garza, his newly hired successor for superintendent, as she takes over the job in the coming months, he said.

“I am confident the process will go smoothly, and I know you will assist her with the many talents, skills and dedication you give each and every day to Fairfax,” he wrote in his email.

Garza starts work July 1.

“It is our employees that make FCPS a leader in public education,” Dale wrote. “It has been my honor and privilege to be the Superintendent in Fairfax. I will miss all of you very much.”

Anyone who wishes to contact Dale or send good wishes can do so by emailing Superintendent.Dale@fcps.edu.
Attachments:
c44c3374b0521944ba6e72fa882c5a9c.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jack Dale Unable to Return to Work Before Retirement
Posted by: Absent Without A Note ()
Date: June 11, 2013 08:35AM

Fitting way for Dale to go out. "Not there", just the way he ran the school system.

Posted by: What about Jack? ()
Date: June 11, 2013 09:23AM

Poor Jack, I wonder what he'll do to occupy himself the rest of the time.

Posted by: school spirit never dies ()
Date: June 11, 2013 10:21AM

Jack Dale will be a regular fixture at sporting events, pep rallies and proms. These are his legacy to FCPS, along, of course, with bad test scores, corruption and profligate spending. He will maintain an office at Gatehouse indefinitely.

Posted by: custodian ()
Date: June 11, 2013 10:43AM

Fuck all y'all.

Dr Dale was a class dude. Even down to his lowliest employees. But I guess class is something you assholes would never understand.

Have a long and happy retirement, Dr Dale!

Posted by: afddfd ()
Date: June 11, 2013 12:03PM

school spirit never dies Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jack Dale will be a regular fixture at sporting
> events, pep rallies and proms. These are his
> legacy to FCPS, along, of course, with bad test
> scores, corruption and profligate spending. He
> will maintain an office at Gatehouse indefinitely.

Carrying an IV bag, good ole Jack!

Posted by: learn to spell ()
Date: June 11, 2013 02:09PM

"Custodian" is obviously a product of FCPS.

It is not "class act" but "ass hat"-you get detention, no sports for a month, and no prom either. So much for school spirit.

Posted by: factory ()
Date: June 11, 2013 03:59PM

FCPS has become a gluttonous factory school district with an excessive amount of administrative dead weight near the top. It is not a responsive, lean school system that is equipped to deal with students and parents as individuals.

Posted by: #1 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 04:06PM

factory Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FCPS has become a gluttonous factory school
> district with an excessive amount of
> administrative dead weight near the top. It is
> not a responsive, lean school system that is
> equipped to deal with students and parents as
> individuals.

Correction:

FCPS has become a "Well Tanned" gluttonous factory school district with an excessive amount of administrative dead weight near the top. It is not a responsive, lean school system that is equipped to deal with students and parents as individuals.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.