HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax Tech Forum 01__Softphone Desktop Interview Tools
Posted by: cafetwinv ()
Date: May 13, 2013 08:09PM

Forum 01 Summary: Doing Phone Interview Using Softphone Plus Audacity Freeware (for easy recording of interview on desktop Windows Platform Computers__Alternates to Skype)

Conversation: Learning to do interviews such as investigative journalism or for local music band for a community tv show or for a community publication is valuable.

With this purpose in mind, after doing a general search on the internet, I have narrowed down to the best options that are affordable without much upfront investment in hardware or service providers.

Using Softphone plus a popular freeware called Audacity to record the interview appears to be the best option.

There are a number of free downloads being offered on the internet, and even lists are availabel from such fairly reliable sources on different alternative softphones that are essentially free.

Comments appreciated on this application of doing "interviews" as I have described using these essentially free tools using a reliable and popular Softphone software plus the popular freeware Audacity for the recording function on the desktop computer ?

Anyone else would like to learn more about how to do this affordably or for free ?

These journalistic interview skill and tools lwill be beneficial to all the college and high schools students we have here in Fairfax County. as well as people like me starting a 2nd career.

I don't mind walking over to Micro Center at the Pan Am Shopping Center near the Vienna Metro and buy a software that gives me both a Softphone and included in the package a free copy of the Audacity with it, all for $30 or less ?

Is such a dream package for $30 or less, available at Micro Center or Best Buys may be with a little internet based tech support may be ?

Cafetwin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax Tech Forum 01__Softphone Desktop Interview Tools
Posted by: tldr 1 ()
Date: May 13, 2013 08:13PM

32504577.jpg

Date: May 14, 2013 07:35AM

On: On SKype Software Tool & Softphone Desktop Tool Proposal Complimentary

Conversation: For Fairfax, a community of large number of ethnics from Middle East, Asia, and Africa in recent years, the Skype software tool can be complimentary and most valuable.

For example, I know a Harp Music Instrment Teacher who uses Skype to teach students, this tool (now Skype is part of Microsoft) to teach students to use Harp.

For our Fairfax Virginia Region, Harp is often used as an instrument for traditional spiritual church music or for Celtic folk Music.

Like Harp, Hammer Dulcimer can also be taught by a qualitfied teacher, particularly those kids and parents interested in their own spiritual cultural heritage using the Hammer Dulcimer, a prevalent music instrument for nations that once were on the ancient Silk Road, ie, Middle East, Afghanistan, Persia, China, India and more.

I have not used Skype software but I think Skype and our proposed Softphone Desktop Tool can be complimentary in the tasks of tools that helps people to learn skills and celebrate ethnic voices.
Attachments:
MUSIC AM HARP CAHPTZ9Z.jpg

Date: May 20, 2013 12:11PM

May 20, 2013

RE:A Small group Innovators Meeting at Epicure Cafe (Music or Technology Development topic 01 and 02).

Previous Related Topic Discussed on the Hardware Side:
Fairfax Tech Innovators Family Circle__Raspberry Pi Posted by: waldenthreenet
Date: April 03, 2013 10:33AM

REF URL: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1157453.html

Conversation: Fairfax Tech Forum 01__Softphone Desktop Interview Tools
and Emerging Cell Phone Hardware/Software Topics

I am thinking of a possible get together at Epicure Cafe (Search "Epicure Cafe" for the companion discussion at Fairfaxunderground.com) earlier).

I have done investigation on what is going on with rapid development of the two competing Wireless Technology standards in CTV vs WIMAX is the name of the gave now.

Yea, here in Virginia we are involved rather periferrally at this point, mostly in the software topics and not so much on the hardware side.

But if there are innovators here with some engineering aptitude combined with the software saavy community we already have here in Fairfax NOVA community, there some interesting possiblities for technology development exist via small group collaboration, even if on a spare time basis for retired, semi retired or those who simply like to something new.

Once we can get may be about 5 to 10 people with some background in telecom/IT to subscribe to this idea, let's get together perhaps on a Friday afternoon at Epicure Cafe for a one or two brief 10 minute presentation and conversations that will allow us to develop a few technology development projects in this rapidly chaning wireless tehcnology innovation field.

I am thinking to invite Binny Cherian, President of QBurst, to make the first brief 10 minute spill for this meeting. I met Binnyat the Tower Club lunch last week, and checked out his company's website which I found rather innovative.

Some really interesting sofware projects have been done that are all posted in Pinterest.com under QBurst.

I just reposeted a 2 of Qburst projects as potential "success story" for things relating to wireless cellphone/tablet type device based APPs where creativity and technical skills can cometogether.

I have reposted couple of the QBurst complete projects and example of valuable projects they have completed or still working on to my following Pinterest.com Board.

Have a look and see how this type stuff helps people, helps communities, and makes money for enntrepreurs and innovators via small group virtual teaming.

I particularly like the Equistrian Emergency App for Iphone format. I think this type of "emergency help" for nitch groups, has great potentials on all plaforms, Iphone, Android, Windows and others that are already present here in Virginia region.

Hey, this is just the software plaform conversation. Wait till we get into the hardware end !

you can't do software and not know about hardware !

Here is My Pinterest.com where I have posted QBurst 2 Intersting Project Topics.

Community Vitality Boosters Hometown USA_Yours and Mine Board
http://pinterest.com/cafetwin/community-vitality-boosters-hometown-usa-yours-min

What do you say on this idea of a small group meeting at Epicure Cafe or another nearby similar place in Vienna__GMU Providence Neighborhood, to avoid the traffic jams let's do Friday or Saturday afternoon say 3:00 PM__5:00 PM perhpas or 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM for those who can take a late lunch perhaps ?

About Me
Avi Dey, Producer, Café Twin Show Community TV
http://cafetwinshow.rhythmsamericana.net/index.html

Date: May 20, 2013 12:14PM

The WiMAX Forum is a non profit organization formed to promote the adoption of WiMAX compatible products and services.[26]

The WiMAX Forum is a non profit organization formed to promote the adoption of WiMAX compatible products and services.[26]

Attachments:
Virginia Community Vitality Boosters 0305.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.